Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

'12 OH RB Bri'onte Dunn (Verbal Offer/ Ohio State LOI)

Register to remove this advertisement
    Running Back
    GlenOak High School (Canton, OH)

Links Of Interest:
    Rivals Profile

Height:6' 2"
    Weight:215 lbs
    40:4.59 secs
    Shuttle: 4.29 secs.
    Vertical: 35 in.
    GPA: 3.0

Multimedia
    http://www.scoutingohio.com/index.ph...r=747&srid=547
    Last edited by irishunclebill; 07-08-2010 at 09:45 PM.

Dunn is reporting a verbal offer from ND as well as from Pitt & Cincy. He was rated as the #2 RB at the recent pOSU position camp and it would seem that it is just a matter of time before he also picks up a Buckeye offer. Dunn & Columbus St. Francis DeSales RB Warren Ball will be the top 2 RB's from Ohio in the Class of 2012. pOSU will probably have their pick of one or both of the two.

Yeah. People are comparing Dunn to Beanie Wells. OSU people, however, have Ball as their number one option as he would commit on the spot if offered. Ball lives in Columbus and is a HUGE HUGE Buckeye fan. Dunn is #2 on their list and from what I have heard, they are only taking one RB, so we may steal a great prize out of Ohio with this one if that is indeed true.

Just added some film on Dunn in the first post, courtesy of theman, from his ScoutingOhio.com profile page.

Dunn is receiving a lot of interest from pOSU, ND, Cincinnati, MSU, Pitt and State Penn. He will unofficially visit pOSU for the pOSU/Miami game this fall.

http://bucknuts.com/index.php/compon...task,viewpost/ (free)

This time last year if I asked fans to name a Class of 2012 player some would have said Greg McMullen but most would have said Brionte Dunn. He appeared on the scene as a freshman looking like the second coming of Chris Wells. I saw the thing in him that separates big backs from tweeners. I am talking about the feet. Quick, quick, quick. The outstanding big backs are 220-225 but have the same quick feet as players forty lbs lighter. So the question becomes, why is Dunn so far down the list now?

The answer is pretty simple. On his sophomore film, I did not see those same quick feet. I did not see the jump cuts. I did not see the same explosion. My concern when we first saw him was that he could outgrow the position. Anytime you have a player that big at such an early age, the odds he is going to outgrow the position are pretty good.

That may be what has happened with Dunn. The thing is, he is still such an impressive looking athlete. Line up the top 20 players in the state next year and Dunn would be a top-five kid. I was talking to my friend, Ray Jaske at ESPN 990. He saw Dunn run a leg of the 4x100 relay head-to-head against the very fast Devin Smith. Smith had to give it everything he had to hold off Dunn, who outweighed him by about 40 pounds at the time.

The thing is, I think Dunn still is looking like a four-star back. The problem is, Ohio is chock full of five-star prospects next year. Half of the players I have ranked ahead of Dunn are defensive linemen. Position matters in these rankings.

It is not a matter of Dunn not being as impressive as it is so many players emerging who have jumped ahead of him. I did now know who DeShawn Hall and Tom Strobel were at this time last year. I just found out about Kyle Kalis after his impressive performance at the same camp where Dunn got everybody’s attention. Yes, Dunn was impressive. Impressive as an athlete. That may be where his future lies.

I wonder, is going to play any defense next year? It would greatly improve his stock if he would get on the field and put up some game film at linebacker. A superior athlete like Dunn would help his team as a linebacker no matter how little experience he has. It could do wonders for his stock, especially if he wants to be a Buckeye.

Linebacker will be a position of need. Running back will not be. The Buckeyes will look at players too good to turn down at running back. Warren Ball is one of those players. Pennsylvania’s Rushel Shell is another and like Ball, has the Buckeyes at the top of his list. I don't know if the staff will go with two backs next year, even if they could take a talent like Shell. But I am confident we will not see three offered.

It is still early. Dunn has not even started his junior season yet.

Maybe we will see a return to the quick footed explosive back we saw when he was a sophomore, but it would not hurt for him to get a few snaps on the other side of the ball.

love the apostrophe.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=5518994

The Watch List has more than 300 names right now, but here's a look at some of the top players from the Class of 2012.

Running backs

Brionte Dunn (Canton, Ohio/Glen Oak)
    Dunn ran for for more than 1,300 yards and 13 touchdowns as a sophomore. At 6-1, 212 pounds, he is another of several big backs in the 2012 class. Notre Dame, Pittsburgh and Cincinnati were his first verbal offers.

http://www.jjhuddle.com/news/article...-wins-in-a-row

Brionte Dunn, Canton GlenOak: Junior RB torched Massillon Washington for 320 yards and three TDs on 39 carries in a 28-27 loss to the Tigers.
    WOW!!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast