Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmsbg78 View Post
    '12 MA QB A.J. Doyle will be attending the ND/Army game in New York this weekend.
    Bentley- help me out here. Why is it that Doyle seems to be getting so much more attention than LaSpada. Neither one has an offer but Doyle seems to be getting more attention, especially from the recruiting sites. I see that Doyle is listed as being 2 in" taller and 60 lbs. heavier than LaSpada. Could that possibly be the reason?

LaSpada is certainly putting up much bigger numbers than Doyle, 382 Total YPG versus 195, but Doyle gets an invite for the Army game and LaSpada doesn't even though he seems to be more of a Kelly type QB.

Weird, maybe it's just because Doyle has already been to South Bend and LaSpada has not?

Quote Originally Posted by irishunclebill View Post
    Bentley- help me out here. Why is it that Doyle seems to be getting so much more attention than LaSpada. Neither one has an offer but Doyle seems to be getting more attention, especially from the recruiting sites. I see that Doyle is listed as being 2 in" taller and 60 lbs. heavier than LaSpada. Could that possibly be the reason?

LaSpada is certainly putting up much bigger numbers than Doyle, 382 Total YPG versus 195, but Doyle gets an invite for the Army game and LaSpada doesn't even though he seems to be more of a Kelly type QB.

Weird, maybe it's just because Doyle has already been to South Bend and LaSpada has not?
    It seems obvious to me.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsNgRmsx-14"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsNgRmsx-14[/ame]
    "Doggonnit............The Lord gave you two legs, protect them" - Coach Hart

Quote Originally Posted by lowayne View Post
    :rofl: Back in the days when Sandler was actually funny before his shtick got old and before he started to take himself seriously.

First post updated for the confirmed '12 visitors for the Army game.

Bentley

You tell me UncleBill, we both know that ND and LaSpada have made eye contact, as we've seen in a recent article, they've requested his transcripts. Let me tell you something, LaSpada's numbers are dwarfing Doyle's numbers and the funny thing is that Doyle has top of the line WR talent to throw too where LaSpada is throwing to WRs not even remotely close to what Doyle has, yet he gets it done.

I guess it comes down to this, does Kelly want a pure dual-threat QB or is he looking for more for the stay in the pocket, classic drop-back passer? LaSpada gives you both, a lethal arm and lightning quickness on his feet, he's rushed for over a 1000 yards again with 15 rushing TDs and 23 TD passes through 10 games, countless yardage totals.

If it's me, I'm taking the 6'2" dual threat who can beat you with his elite athletism and quickness (to avoid pass rushes and he is deadly when he throws on the run) and his cannon arm, vs the classic taller 6'4" QB, not real quick or elusive and will need a real good Oline around him. I take LaSpada any day because he brings more to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Bentley View Post
    You tell me UncleBill, we both know that ND and LaSpada have made eye contact, as we've seen in a recent article, they've requested his transcripts. Let me tell you something, LaSpada's numbers are dwarfing Doyle's numbers and the funny thing is that Doyle has top of the line WR talent to throw too where LaSpada is throwing to WRs not even remotely close to what Doyle has, yet he gets it done.

I guess it comes down to this, does Kelly want a pure dual-threat QB or is he looking for more for the stay in the pocket, classic drop-back passer? LaSpada gives you both, a lethal arm and lightning quickness on his feet, he's rushed for over a 1000 yards again with 15 rushing TDs and 23 TD passes through 10 games, countless yardage totals.

If it's me, I'm taking the 6'2" dual threat who can beat you with his elite athletism and quickness (to avoid pass rushes and he is deadly when he throws on the run) and his cannon arm, vs the classic taller 6'4" QB, not real quick or elusive and will need a real good Oline around him. I take LaSpada any day because he brings more to the table.
    Thanks for the insight. It truly is appreciated.
    :clover:"May the saddest day of your future be no worse than the happiest day of your past." ~Irish blessing:clover:

IDK either. It's hard to figure. I can see ND not heavily pursuing LaSpada because of Maty Mauk but I can't understand the interest in Doyle over LaSpada. I guess what it comes down to, at least in terms of the Army game invite, is that Doyle trekked out to ND with Louis-Jean for the 2010 Junior Day and LaSpada didn't.

Bentley
    IDK either. It's hard to figure. I can see ND not heavily pursuing LaSpada because of Maty Mauk but I can't understand the interest in Doyle over LaSpada. I guess what it comes down to, at least in terms of the Army game invite, is that Doyle trekked out to ND with Louis-Jean for the 2010 Junior Day and LaSpada didn't.
    Has Mauk verballed ND ? LaSpada, from everything I've read, loves Notre Dame, he loves the tradition, the history, he's a straight A student an ESPNU150 and a man amongst boys on the football field. I have watched alot, alot of Massachusetts HS football and I have never seen a talent like LaSpada in Mass, never. Penn State and Oregon love LaSpada. He would be the perfect Golden Domer, really hoping Coach K gets a hold of his game film, as soon as he sees this phenom, he'll be buying him a plane ticket to South Bend.

I mean check out the latest ESPNU150 prospect rankings for 2012, you'll see LaSpada and you won't see Doyle. So color me "baffled" over the Doyle/LaSpada situation.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...12/position/qb
    Last edited by Bentley; 11-19-2010 at 11:28 PM.

Has Mauk verballed ND ? LaSpada, from everything I've read, loves Notre Dame, he loves the tradition, the history, he's a straight A student an ESPNU150 and a man amongst boys on the football field. I have watched alot, alot of Massachusetts HS football and I have never seen a talent like LaSpada in Mass, never. Penn State and Oregon love LaSpada. He would be the perfect Golden Domer, really hoping Coach K gets a hold of his game film, as soon as he sees this phenom, he'll be buying him a plane ticket to South Bend.

I mean check out the latest ESPNU150 prospect rankings for 2012, you'll see LaSpada and you won't see Doyle. So color me "baffled" over the Doyle/LaSpada interest.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...12/position/qb
    LOL- you know as well as I do that Mauk has not verballed to ND but there is little doubt that he is the #1 QB on the ND board for 2012.

Isn't LaSpada just as much a BC fan as an ND fan? Anyway hopefully he starts picking up some offers. He needs to get the Rivals people to at least list some schools of interest in his profile, and he doesn't even have a Scout profile.

LaSpada has basically a top four of BC,ND,STAN,and PSU. Says BC and ND are his favorites though. On my iPod or I'd chime in more on the Doyle vs. LaSpada argument.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast