Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

'12 FL RB Matt Jones (Verbal Offer/ Florida LOI)

Register to remove this advertisement
    Running Back
    Armwood High School (Seffner, FL)

Links of Interest:
    Rivals Profile

Height:6'2"
    Weight:200 lbs

Multimedia
    <iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IMxA7odMSmo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by irishunclebill; 02-15-2011 at 12:15 PM.

Matt Jones
    Last edited by irishunclebill; 07-08-2010 at 10:34 PM.

According to ISD, ND and U$C have both verbally offered Matt. This would not surprise me as Matt is probably going to be a national recruit for the 2012 recruiting season.

In addition to ND and U$C, Matt already holds verbal offers from Florida, UGA, UNC, South Carolina and USF. UGA is currently listed with high interest. He said he loved watching Knowshon Moreno while he played at UGA.

I have seen Jones play a bit.. and he is going to be VERY good.

Name eerily similar to Matt James.

Quote Originally Posted by SpanishElite View Post
    I have seen Jones play a bit.. and he is going to be VERY good.
    I have read at quite a few places that Matt runs alot like Eric Dickerson........runs tall but with extreme power. I have also read that Matt is actually taller than 6' 2" more like 6' 3' to 6' 4." Can you shed a little light on this for me Spanish?..........Did you see the comparison is his running style?

Quote Originally Posted by zimmsbg78 View Post
    I have read at quite a few places that Matt runs alot like Eric Dickerson........runs tall but with extreme power. I have also read that Matt is actually taller than 6' 2" more like 6' 3' to 6' 4." Can you shed a little light on this for me Spanish?..........Did you see the comparison is his running style?
    I am not Spanish by any means, but he is actually leaning towards 6'3'' presently and he is still growing. That makes me think that he will outgrow the RB position. As far as his running style, think Anthony Barr but quicker.Does that shed some light and yeah, every ND fan should want this guy. Comes from a powerhouse school and is a big-time stud for '12 and a probable high 4 star to 5 star athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmsbg78 View Post
    Ehhh I would say 6'2 maybe 6'3.. but the kid is huge as a incoming junior HS player.
    At that height, I think you have to have to have an upright style haha. He looks a solid 200 lbs right now and will do nothing but grow. Who knows how big he will get in 2 years and what position he will play.

Quote Originally Posted by theman View Post
    I am not Spanish by any means, but he is actually leaning towards 6'3'' presently and he is still growing. That makes me think that he will outgrow the RB position. As far as his running style, think Anthony Barr but quicker.Does that shed some light and yeah, every ND fan should want this guy. Comes from a powerhouse school and is a big-time stud for '12 and a probable high 4 star to 5 star athlete.
    Armwood is a huge program here in Florida who has either won the state title or in the semis in the last handful of years. I think A. Barr is a solid comparison, obviously still young with tons of room to grow and get better. The Big 3 will no doubt be in the lead for Jones down the road. This would be a monster get for ND.

Will camp next week at ND. Has a great relationship with Coach Alford. :partyon:

Quote Originally Posted by theman View Post
    Will camp next week at ND. Has a great relationship with Coach Alford. :partyon:
    That would be huge !!! The more film I watch of Matt the more I see another James Wilder. Kid is a beast of a RB but would be a huge asset to any team at the LB'er position as well.
    Last edited by zimmsbg78; 06-23-2010 at 11:19 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast