Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Register to remove this advertisement
    http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recru...g%2fonthetrail

Southern California offers in-state athlete George Atkinson Jr.
    6-foot-2, 195-pound prospect Georgia Atkinson Jr. (Livermore, Calif./Granada) has been offered by West Coast power USC, ESPN affiliate Web site WeAreSC.com reports.
    That may be a wrap for George.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmsbg78 View Post
    Really? I'm not counting on the Irish being much of a player with George but I didn't think a USC offer would end his recruitement either. He is not even from Southern California so he is not as exposed to the pernicious effect of USC on a lot of the Cali recruits. Has he said something about USC being his dream school?

Quote Originally Posted by irishunclebill View Post
    Really? I'm not counting on the Irish being much of a player with George but I didn't think a USC offer would end his recruitement either. He is not even from Southern California so he is not as exposed to the pernicious effect of USC on a lot of the Cali recruits. Has he said something about USC being his dream school?
    A lot of the U$C recruitniks (reliable ones that aren't complete tools...........I know, I know that is hard to believe) say a offer to George and one to DE/DT Todd Barr would wrap up their recruitments. Of course it's not etched in stone but their tidbits that they throw my way are most likely than not, on point.

A lot of the U$C recruitniks (reliable ones that aren't complete tools...........I know, I know that is hard to believe) say a offer to George and one to DE/DT Todd Barr would wrap up their recruitments. Of course it's not etched in stone but their tidbits that they throw my way are most likely than not, on point.
    So you're saying realitycheck is not one of them. :bigsmile: Remember him?

Seriously though I'm not sure how much you can take to the bank from even reliable in the past USC sources. Quite a few reliable ND sources in the past became completely unreliable once Charlie was gone, The Kiffy/Orgeron crew is so dripping with primordial ooze that it has to have an impact on how USC recruiting goes forward except with the kids that are always bound for USC from certain locations in SoCal. Barr fits that pattern but Atkinson does not, which I guess is why it would surprise me if a USC offer closes his door to everyone else.

George is actually unoffcially visiting U$C today and UCLA this weekend, with his brother (2011 recruit CA CB Josh Atkinson). George said he grew up following U$C and Cal. George says, he views U$C as a spring board for college football players regardless of position to the NFL. Said location isn't a big deal but being in Cali is a plus.

George is actually unoffcially visiting U$C today and UCLA this weekend, with his brother (2011 recruit CA CB Josh Atkinson). George said he grew up following U$C and Cal. George says, he views U$C as a spring board for college football players regardless of position to the NFL. Said location isn't a big deal but being in Cali is a plus.
    Has to be tough on the twin brother you would think. George has close to 20 big time offers, Josh has only 4 in total, from Arizona, Oregon, San Jose State, and UW, all of whom have also offered George. It will be interesting to see if anyone else offers Josh to try to influence George even though they are both saying going to the same school is not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by irishunclebill View Post
    Has to be tough on the twin brother you would think. George has close to 20 big time offers, Josh has only 4 in total, from Arizona, Oregon, San Jose State, and UW, all of whom have also offered George. It will be interesting to see if anyone else offers Josh to try to influence George even though they are both saying going to the same school is not an issue.
    George raved about his recent unofficial visit to Oregon (Oregon has offered both). George said Kiffey and crew told him that they are going to be heavily recruiting Josh, they just need to see more film...........that's at least what George has said.

I would trust kiffin about as far as I kuld throw Albert haynesworth

After getting an evaluation period visit from Coach Denbrock on Wednesday, George and his twin brother are talking about possibly camping at ND this summer.

http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1098434 (free)

CARSON, Calif. - George Atkinson III could play running back, wide receiver or defensive back in college and Monday at the Pete Carroll Win Forever Festival the Livermore (Calif.) Granada athlete decided to focus solely on receiver not because it's his best position but because it's his worst.

George Atkinson and his brother have planned visits for this summer.
    Atkinson wanted to get better even if it meant showing some of his inadequacies with Carroll, the former USC coach who's in his first season with the Seattle Seahawks, roaming the fields. Funny thing is the 6-foot-2, 194-pound prospect is so talented few cornerbacks could stay near him.

"I was working there right now because I think that's one of my weak points so I'm going to get more work in on that and with my footwork and that's going to help with my running back skills, too," Atkinson said.

Because Atkinson can play multiple positions some think he's a man without a specific spot but he said that's a good thing, that he's not limited to one positions and can change the game in different ways.

Rivals.com rates him as the No. 15 athlete nationally, the No. 102 recruit in the 2011 class and No. 11 in the California state rankings. There are few players who can do everything like Atkinson, who's already visited Oregon, Cal, UCLA and USC and has more visits planned this summer.

"The more you can do, the more of an asset you'll be playing at the next level," Atkinson said.

Oregon and Southern Cal stand out most to Atkinson, who said the recent sanctions levied against the Trojans won't play a major factor in his decision, but his recruitment is nowhere near finished. In the next few weeks, Atkinson and his brother, Josh, will visit Alabama and Miami and could also make it to Notre Dame.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast