Kris Harley, Vincent Croce, Anthony Chickillo
    LB
    Trey DePriest, Nick Lifka, Lawrence Thomas, Jarrett Grace,
    Quentin Gause
    CB
    Doran Grant, Eilar Hardy, Albert Louis-Jean
    S
    Wayne Lyons, Will Harlos, Jarrell Williams, Anthony Harris
    This would be the best class in recruiting history prolly, also kinda big ;)

Junior Day gave us a better indication of the interest level of some of these recruits so I figure I'd throw together an early mock class:

QB
    1- Bubba Starling - this is one I'm not too sure about because of his possible future in baseball. If not him (and not Lemay who I REALLY want), it will probably be Kevin Hogan down the line.

RB
    1 - Justice Hayes - Savon Huggins would also be a nice addition, but I think the staff only takes one RB this year and with Hayes interest will probably commit before Huggins is ready to.

WR
    3 - DaVaries Daniels - loved the trip to SB and has said that if he feels the same way after the spring game that "it's a wrap" in reference to his recruitment.
    DeAnthony Arnett - based on some of his comments, he does seem to have a bit of an ego, but no where near TO jr. status. ND is in his top 3 and I think that Kelly wins him over.
    Miles Shuler/Devin Smith/George Atkinson III - I'd like to see Shuler come in for the slot position where I think he would thrive with his speed. Devin Smith is tough to read. There have been posts/reports that ND is the team to beat, but I just have this feeling that he ends up elsewhere. That being said, it wouldnt surprise me if he does end up Irish.

TE
    1 - Ray Hamilton/Ben Koyack/Max Stevenson - early in the process it seemed like Troy Niklas would be the TE for this class, but I haven't seen much information about him lately. I think ND gets one of these Midwest TEs. Interest from both of these schools has picked up recently and it looks like ND is in the top 3 or so for both. Stevenson and his mother came away really impressed with ND after making the trip on short notice from receiving his offer.

OL
    3 - Conor Hanratty - wouldnt be much of a mock class without this guy.
    Matthew Hegarty - Irish grandfather, values education, non-Texas recruit with a Texas offer...sign me up. Irish seem to be in good position after a Jr day visit. Really good sign that a New Mexico recruit would make the trip at their own expense. Also indicated that he probably won't wait very long to make a decision.
    Brendon Austin - as evidenced by the update IUB posted, ND appears to be in really good shape here. ND seems like it could wrap up its Oline recruiting fairly early this year unlike in years past.

9 Offensive Commits

DE
    3 - Brad Carrico - Numa Numa #1
    Aaron Lynch - Florida recruit with an affinity for a Midwest school who named ND his leader without even visiting...I'll take it.
    Chris Rock - early on looked like pOSU, but they already have 2 DEs and are not recruiting him anymore. Leaders appear to be ND and UM(sucks). Friends with Carrico.

DT

LB
    2 - Jarrett Grace - ISD's recruiting week in review http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/inde...ries&Itemid=42 has a write up about him - said the experience "blew [him] away" and that “Notre Dame is going to be a school that is going to be hard to say no to.”
    Christian French - I expcet Clay Burton to keep ND at #2 and end up at Clemson, but the "consolation prize" could be a 6'6" 220 recruit with ~4.5 speed to cause terror on the outside.

CB
    2 - Josh Turner/Chris Dukes - Turner is a wish pick with Dukes probably being the commit down the road. He is a teammate of Jarrett Grace and appears to really want an ND offer.
    Stoney? - I dunno. There are only a handfull of offers out to CB and ND doesnt look good for any of them. Will update this when more offers go out.

Safety
    2 - Wayne Lyons - I refuse to make a mock class without him in it unless he comes out and eliminates ND, which I doubt he will.
    Eilar Hardy - Ohio kid who's parents may have been won over by the Jr day visit.

9 Defensive Commits

18 Total

edit: removed Louis-Jean, IUB was right
    Last edited by morrdave9; 03-25-2010 at 08:48 AM.

My first impression is that Kelly will do really well with the Cincy area Ohio kids, and will even make some inroads closer to Shantytown as evidenced by the Carrico commit. The Cincy Colerain kids (Grace & Dukes especially) seem to have really taken to Kelly. So I agree that ND has a very good shot at both Grace & Rock, (Dukes & Trayion Durham as well if they are offered) but I'm not buying the Devin Smith has ND as his leader stuff. IMO, he is a Buckeye for the taking if pOSU offers, and I doubt if he will end up at ND even if that does not happen.

I agree with ND chances on most of the rest of your wish list Dave, but I would wait on the afterglow effect to see if ND really has a chance with Louis-Jean, and I do think that Turner is pretty much just a wish pick.

It's also too early to be sure how much on-going interest French will have in ND, but his coming for the Junior Day so soon after being offered was a really good sign for the Irish. French would be a terrific pick up for ND at any position.

I'm also with you on Wayne Lyons. I think he will keep ND in it until the very end, but I think the Irish will need both a spring or summer visit as well as an Official Visit to convince him that South Bend is the place for him.

Yeah, I'm not too sure with Louis-Jean either - his comments do seem like they could be interpretted as lukewarm, but there doesnt seem to be a lot of offers/prospects at corner right now. Seems like a down year for DBs, which isn't good considering the depth chart.

Basically it seems like the ones I have on the list that you seem skeptical of are the ones where there doesnt appear to be a lot of options/information at the present time (DBs, Rush LB, and Devin Smith). What is nice to see is that it appears as though the Irish are in great shape along the lines with the offers and interest to OL and DE.
    Last edited by morrdave9; 03-22-2010 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by morrdave9 View Post
    Yeah, I'm not too sure with Louis-Jean either - his comments do seem like they could be interpretted as lukewarm, but there doesnt seem to be a lot of offers/prospects at corner right now. Seems like a down year for DBs, which isn't good considering the depth chart.

Basically it seems like the ones I have on the list that you seem skeptical of are the ones where there doesnt appear to be a lot of options/information at the present time (DBs, Rush LB, and Devin Smith). What is nice to see is that it appears as though the Irish are in great shape along the lines with the offers and interest to OL and DE.
    Yeah, I'm pretty optimistic that Kelly will not have a hard time at all filling up this class. It's a bit unfortunate that kids like Hogan and Flavin, who are both solid prospects and probably ND commits with an offer, will probably end up elsewhere before and if Kelly ever has an opportunity to offer them. In both of those cases the holdup is not are they talented enough to get an Irish offer, but rather do they fit in the new offensive scheme. This is much more of an issue now recruiting wise than it ever was with Charlie's scheme.

QB Bubba Starling
    RB Justice Hayes, Jameel Poteat
    WR DaVaris Daniels, DeAnthony Arnett, Devin Smith
    TE Max Stevenson
    OL Matt Hegarty, Brendon Austin, Conor Hanratty, Jordan Walsh
    DL Brad Carrico, Chris Rock, Aaron Lynch
    LB Jarret Grace, Nick Lifka
    S Wayne Lyons
    CB Blake Countess, Chris Dukes

19 guys ND should be able to take, maybe add in a nose tackle kinda guy or another safety to finish off the class although I dont have a clue yet who that would be

Quote Originally Posted by wicket View Post
    QB Bubba Starling
    RB Justice Hayes, Jameel Poteat
    WR DaVaris Daniels, DeAnthony Arnett, Devin Smith
    TE Max Stevenson
    OL Matt Hegarty, Brendon Austin, Conor Hanratty, Jordan Walsh
    DL Brad Carrico, Chris Rock, Aaron Lynch
    LB Jarret Grace, Nick Lifka
    S Wayne Lyons
    CB Blake Countess, Chris Dukes

19 guys ND should be able to take, maybe add in a nose tackle kinda guy or another safety to finish off the class although I dont have a clue yet who that would be
    what makes u think Poteat? I haven't heard much about him at all from a ND standpoint

I'd like to add George Atkinson to my wish list to get into my mock class. Great work ethic, fast, strong, and willing to play RB, WR, or DB in college. Put him at WR based on the info IUB posted.

Edit: Would also like to add Max Stevenson to the list.
    Last edited by morrdave9; 03-22-2010 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by a1ND View Post
    what makes u think Poteat? I haven't heard much about him at all from a ND standpoint
    Heard some things about him being an ND fan and I think we'll take two running backs, it was a tossup between him and rodney coe

Quote Originally Posted by a1ND View Post
    I agree. To me Poteat seems to be jonesing for an ND offer just to say he has one. If he gets one I don't think he would even take it seriously. However, he is definitely pre-occupied with at least adding an Irish offer to his resume as he recently said that everybody has already offered him except ND & PSU. The everybody is of course uber-hyperbole because he has only 13 offers, but it gives you an idea of where Poteat's head is at. McDevitt produces great players and great RB's in particular but it is hardly a school that is known for sending players to South Bend.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast