Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishCrasher View Post
    IUB your signature looks much better, but aren't you still missing two?
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by irishunclebill View Post
    MaxPreps is totally subjective and although subjectivity exists in all player evaluations when it is also used as the basis for team rankings without any quantitative analysis it should be completely discounted. Exclude MaxPreps and the average Class ranking for ND is #18. My subjective opinion is #18 is closer to reality than #13.
    well we share 17th with miami but I do agree with you that maxpreps is better disregarded. Im tempted to disregard espn as well though given their insane southeast bias

oh, Professor...you spelled "consensus" wrong in the thread title...figure since you like to correct my grammar (RKG) i would help you with your own.
    (insert winking smiley face here)
    “We GUNNA Be Beast!!"

Quote Originally Posted by NDisNCin2010 View Post
    oh, Professor...you spelled "consensus" wrong in the thread title...figure since you like to correct my grammar (RKG) i would help you with your own.
    (insert winking smiley face here)
    ah lollzzz im the pro,cant edit it though

Quote Originally Posted by wicket View Post
    well we share 17th with miami but I do agree with you that maxpreps is better disregarded. Im tempted to disregard espn as well though given their insane southeast bias
    I'm assuming that means we would share 17th with Miami if you exclude Max Preps.

That sounds about right.

I agree with you on the ESPN SE bias, but their ranking of ND at #21 is not too far off and if you exclude them as well it wouldn't make much of a difference as far as ND is concerned.

Honestly I don't think it means a whole lot right now as a barometer of future success. I posted something a while ago about how ND's recruiting classes of 2006-2008 were cumulatively the #4 ranked class on Rivals during that period. That didn't translate too well for ND during the corresponding 2007-2009 football seasons, while quite a few schools that had cumulative recruiting ranks in the 20's and 30's during that same period won 28 games or more during the same period that ND won 16.

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with the concept that if you want to win NC's you have to have elite recruiting classes, but I totally disagree that if you have a recruiting class that is not highly ranked by Rivals etc. that it means you are doomed to failure.

Winning consistently is all about recruiting and player development , and with all due respect to NDisNCin2010's handle I'm more concerned right now about winning consistently at a high level than I am about competing for NC's.

I fervently hope that Brian Kelly, through both elite recruiting and player development, can bring the ND program back to the point where it can compete for a NC every year, but like it or not folks the reality is that this program is nowhere close to that at this point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by irishunclebill View Post
    Fixed.
    Nice:groucho:
    Cheers! Crasher
    go in there and fight, fight, fight, fight, fight!

:goirish: IRISH GUARD GH-Division!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12