Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Griff Cannon

Register to remove this advertisement
    Foose was zooked

Scratch Terrence Brooks as any kind of a possibility. He has confirmed that he will not be visiting ND this weekend.

Moved three more of Kelly's prospects to the committed column.

Latest tally:

14 offers, 5 commits

The 9 remaining:

Taylor- ends up at Florida after flipping on Tennesee.

Lee- picks Cal.

Bourbon- flips on Stanford, but ends up at KU.

Ponder- still pondering. Sorry.

Corker- Looks like he will stick with Texas Tech.

Brooks- may not stay with FSU, but will not end up at ND.

Schwenke, Ioane, Spond- looks promising on all 3 for ND after their OV's this weekend.

If Kelly can reel in Spond and the two Hawaiians, he would end up 8 for 14 on his offers. That's a pretty impressive batting average especially when you consider that 4 of the other 6 were all verbals to other schools when contacted by Kelly. The only 2 among those 6 who were not committed when offered by ND are Lee & Ponder, and there is some question as to whether either were actually offered a written ND scholarship. BTW, that also applies to Corker & Brooks as well. In fact at this point in time the only 2 Kelly offered recruits that we know for sure have turned him down are Michael Taylor and Brandon Bourbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff Cannon View Post
    Foose was zooked
    LOL- even Foose couldn't stand the Zook stink. In less than a week he flipped to FSU.

The Final Tally on Kelly's Prospects

It turns out that Corker, Ponder, and Adrian Lee were never given written ND offers.

So Kelly offered a total of 11 recruits and he received LOI's from 7 of those 11. He whiffed only on Michael Taylor, Terrence Brooks, Brandon Bourbon, and Jeremy Ioane.

7 of 11 is a pretty good percentage no matter what, but it is especially good when you consider how little time they had to recruit these guys to Notre Dame. No matter what you think of the quality of the 7 Kelly offered verbals that is a pretty good indicator, along with closing the deal for Matt James, that Kelly and his staff know what they are doing with regards to recruiting.

the other good thing i took away from today came from watching kellys presser. though not insulting this class at all, it was clear that he wasnt satisfied with the results. hes going to hit it even harder next season. and the recruits he did visit all seemed very impressed but simply didnt have time to build those important relationships with our staff. the small class next year should allow kelly to really focus his energies and then we should be off and running

kjones
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishlaw View Post
    the other good thing i took away from today came from watching kellys presser. though not insulting this class at all, it was clear that he wasnt satisfied with the results. hes going to hit it even harder next season. and the recruits he did visit all seemed very impressed but simply didnt have time to build those important relationships with our staff. the small class next year should allow kelly to really focus his energies and then we should be off and running
    It definitely seemed like he was frustrated by the fact that he knows he could have done a better job if only he had had more time. I already had faith in him, but man, it's still music to my ears. He portrays a quiet confidence that doesn't even come close to approaching arrogance that sometimes seems to be rebuilding our integrity as a program before our very eyes. Maybe I wax to eloquent in his praise, but man I love watching him. Should be a good season!

Senior Member Purebred Irishman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by irishunclebill View Post
    The Final Tally on Kelly's Prospects

It turns out that Corker, Ponder, and Adrian Lee were never given written ND offers.

So Kelly offered a total of 11 recruits and he received LOI's from 7 of those 11. He whiffed only on Michael Taylor, Terrence Brooks, Brandon Bourbon, and Jeremy Ioane.

7 of 11 is a pretty good percentage no matter what, but it is especially good when you consider how little time they had to recruit these guys to Notre Dame. No matter what you think of the quality of the 7 Kelly offered verbals that is a pretty good indicator, along with closing the deal for Matt James, that Kelly and his staff know what they are doing with regards to recruiting.
    To get 7 kids to sign LOI with ND is a great achievement imo. And looking ahead to the 2011 class and the offers that ND has given out i think ND will be in very god shape this time next year.

If ND can win on the field this year there is no reason that the next recruiting class wouldn't be a great class.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456