Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

'08 CT OC Mike Golic (2/19/07 Notre Dame LOI)

Register to remove this advertisement
    Offensive Center
    Northwest Catholic (West Hartford, CT)

Ht: 6-foot-5
    Wt: 260 lbs
    Forty: 5.1 secs
    Bench max: 315 pounds
    Squat max: 425 pounds

Links of Interest: Rivals Profile | Scout Profile

Reserved for photos.

I've gotta ask. When he was first brought in, everyone said he'd be a center.

Then Braxston Cave rolled around, and I've heard Golic mentioned at every single OL position since. Scout lists him as an offensive guard - after originally listing him at tackle if memory serves - and rivals has him still slated as a center prospect.

So I have to ask: do we know where are Cave and Golic are slated to play now? Any quotes after the Cave commitment - from him or others - that suggest he has bumped Golic Jr. to a different position? My guess is being near 300 pounds, Cave would be best suited as a road grater at guard, with Golic's weight not being a huge deal at center. Just a guess though.
    I treasure my remark to a grandson who asked, "Grandpa, were you a hero in the war?" "No", I answered, "But I served in a company of heroes".

- Richard D. Winters, Easy Co. 501st

Quote Originally Posted by IrishCalves View Post
    I've gotta ask. When he was first brought in, everyone said he'd be a center.

Then Braxston Cave rolled around, and I've heard Golic mentioned at every single OL position since. Scout lists him as an offensive guard - after originally listing him at tackle if memory serves - and rivals has him still slated as a center prospect.

So I have to ask: do we know where are Cave and Golic are slated to play now? Any quotes after the Cave commitment - from him or others - that suggest he has bumped Golic Jr. to a different position? My guess is being near 300 pounds, Cave would be best suited as a road grater at guard, with Golic's weight not being a huge deal at center. Just a guess though.
    ----Weis tells them both they'll be playing "Interior line" which basically is saying "I'll let you know when you come here." Cave is a little more ready physically than Golic. Golic is a project, but works his ass off and I just know he'll earn a starting spot before he graduates here.

Yeah, what Knight said. During their teniors at ND, they will probably both line up at all three interior spots at some point. It's good to have this flexibility on the inside.

We were led to believe that one of the current ND commits would pick up a Rivals star in the new rankings. However, none of the 4 stars picked up a 5th star, which means that if the information is correct, then one of the current Rivals 3 stars (Cave, Poz, Hafis, Newman, or Golic) will pick up a 4th star. Don't be surprised if it is Golic.

Quote Originally Posted by irishunclebill View Post
    We were led to believe that one of the current ND commits would pick up a Rivals star in the new rankings. However, none of the 4 stars picked up a 5th star, which means that if the information is correct, then one of the current Rivals 3 stars (Cave, Poz, Hafis, Newman, or Golic) will pick up a 4th star. Don't be surprised if it is Golic.
    ---I accually would be. He's the last one of those with 3 stars I'd expect to get a 4th star before his Sr. year. When is this supposed to happen? I also noticed they need to update their position rankings because they still have Omar behind Scott Vallone who is still a 5.8.

Position rankings and all RR ratings will be completely updated when the rest of the Rivals 250 is published sometime later this week.

How often are they going to keep changing ratings and rankings? I hope not too much because it makes it a little hard to beleive who is for real and not.

You won't see too many changes between now and the end of the HS football season, then there will be another complete revision. Rivals does not change as much as Scout or ESPN but they will change it again after the January all-star games. That last list is usually their most biased list, but they usually stick with it from the middle of January to NSD. Scout changes almost every week in January, and ESPN changes almost every day in January.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast