Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

The Stanford Revolving Door

Register to remove this advertisement
    No surprise that with his 300+ offers that Harbaugh would see a lot of discontented recruits as well as a constant shuffling of his recruiting class considering he has had close to 25 verbals for more than a month now. The latest shuffling was Will Hampton de-committing on Saturday to drop them back to 22, but no worries later the same day they picked up a new #23 when a Missouri RB named Brandon Bourbon committed to them.

This has been an interesting story since early this year so it has earned its' own thread to follow how it all pans out for Mr. Harbaugh.

As of now these are the 23 Stanford verbal commits:

PHP Code:
    COMMITTED/UNSIGNED Pos Stars Ht Wt 40 RR Hometown 
    Henry Anderson DE  6
    -6 250 4.9 5.7   College ParkGA 
    Blake Barker TE  6
    -6 230 4.75 5.8   CambridgeMA 
    Dillon Bonnell OL  6
    -4 285 5.7   Highlands RanchCO 
    Brandon Bourbon RB  6
    -2 205 4.4 5.6   PotosiMO 
    Daunte Carr DB  6
    -1 188 4.65 5.7   GainesvilleGA 
    Devon Carrington DB  6
    -0 184 5.7   ChandlerAZ 
    Kain Colter ATH  6
    -1 185 4.6 5.7   EnglewoodCO 
    Tai
    -ler Jones WR  6-0 184 4.46 5.8   GainesvilleGA 
    Dallas Lloyd QB  6
    -3 205 4.55 5.7   Pleasant GroveUT 
    Joe McNamara OL  6
    -2 275 5.4   WestonFL 
    Tate Nichols TE  6
    -7 235 5.4    UnionKY 
    Evan Palelei LB  6
    -3 230 4.8 5.6   Las VegasNV 
    Eddie Plantaric DE  6
    -5 253 4.87 5.7   Fair OaksCA 
    Zachary Swanson TE  6
    -6 230 5.5   KatyTX 
    A
    .JTarpley LB  6-1 215 4.7 5.4   PlymouthMN 
    Alex Turner DE  6
    -0 234 4.77 5.7   Las VegasNV 
    Cole Underwood OL  6
    -3 257 5.7   DentonTX 
    Jarrod West WR  6
    -2 176 4.56 5.5   BethlehemPA 
    Anthony Wilkerson RB  6
    -0 210 4.47 5.8   TustinCA 
    Jordan Williamson K  5
    -11 150 5.4   AustinTX 
    David Yankey OL  6
    -5 275 5 5.7    RoswellGA 
    Louis Young DB  6
    -0 185 4.44 5.8   OlneyMD 
    Jordan Zumwalt LB  6
    -4 220 4.6 5.7   Huntington BeachCA 

There is no way that all of these 23 will be sticking with Harbaugh. Louis Young also opened up his recruitment on Saturday. That is the second time that Young has gone "soft" on Harbaugh. This time Young used the dreaded distance factor as a reason for looking at other schools and listed 5 much closer to home schools as possible OV's for him, Maryland, Virginia Tech, Boston College, Connecticut and Virginia. Young appears to be as good as gone for Stanford.

In addition to Young, the current Stanford recruiting class has only 3 other Rivals 4 stars, Tai-ler Jones, Anthony Wilkerson, and Blake Barker. Most observers feel that Tai-ler Jones will also not end up at Stanford, and although he is not listed as a "soft verbal" by Rivals, he should be as he is scheduled to take both an Official and a Unofficial visit to ND this Fall. Barker and Wikerson appear to be solid for now.

In addition to Young, A.J. Tarpley is the only other one of the 23 to be officially listed as a "soft verbal" by Rivals, but that is more of a function of Rivals not having all of the scheduled OV's for these guys up to date. As I said above, Tai-ler Jones should be on that list with Young & Tarpley, and other guys that we know for sure are looking to OV to other schools are Devon Carrington & Dallas Lloyd. Wait until some of these guys take their Cardinal OV's and see that half empty stadium on game day, and there will be even more problems for Harbaugh. Of course that half empty stadium is part of the reason he has been so agressive in accepting so many early verbals. In Harbaugh's mind those verbals are probably binding, but only to the recruits.

In that regard, there are also most likely a group of recruits who are already being told to look around some more in case Harbaugh can lock up some higher ranked prospects. He has already done this to Harris Williams, who ended up at BC, and he may have also done it to Will Hampton, although it seems more likely that Hampton was reading the signs and started to look elsewhere on his own.

I know there have been other Stanford de-commits this year, but these are the only ones I can specifically recall. If anyone can remember any others let me know, and we will keep a tracking list of them all in this post.

Class of 2010 Stanford de-commits:

Chris Badger- to ND
    Will Hampton- uncommitted as of now, looking at Northwestern & ND
    Harris Williams- to BC
    There are quite a few Harbaugh supporters on the ND boards, none that I can specifically recall on GH, but I do have to wonder what a typical ND fan would be saying about Charlie Weis right now if he had extended over 300 offers and had a current class of 23 commits which includes only four 4 stars, fifteen 3 stars, and four 2 stars, for an average star ranking of 3.0 on Rivals. Take away the almost inevitable de-commits of Louis Young and Tai-ler Jones, and that average star ranking drops to 2.90. Notre Dame currently has 9 less commits than Stanford, but is still ranked 2 slots higher than the Cardinal in the Rivals Team Rankings.

Needless to say the ND Harbaugh fans have been rather quiet lately.
    Last edited by irishunclebill; 08-10-2009 at 03:41 PM.

nice writeup

I can only hope that Harbaugh ends up with about 2 recruits total. The way he is going about recruiting makes me want to punch him in his suckhole even more so, which isn't easy to say. Hopefully he has a John L. Smith meltdown and never gets a college job again. Have I made it clear that I don't care for Harbaugh? : )
    KeiVarae Russell: "When the coaches told me over the next few days in the film room that I was gonna start I was like ‘Uh Oh’.”

I can't stand him either, F*CK Stanford and Harbaugh for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by NotreDameNate View Post
    I can only hope that Harbaugh ends up with about 2 recruits total. The way he is going about recruiting makes me want to punch him in his suckhole even more so, which isn't easy to say. Hopefully he has a John L. Smith meltdown and never gets a college job again. Have I made it clear that I don't care for Harbaugh? : )
    Perhaps one of the greatest posts ever made on GH. Please someone help a sistah out and rep Nate for me. I too hope he has a John L Smith meltdown and NEVER gets a college job again.
    Irish Guard - GH Division

As requested :wizard:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails reps!.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by NotreDameNate View Post
    Which two?
    :clover:"May the saddest day of your future be no worse than the happiest day of your past." ~Irish blessing:clover:

Griff Cannon
    I thought there were a total of 5 shown the door but I will have to go back and look to be sure......

Wow. Those numbers are crazy if you look and read them all together like that. Now I dont think W. Hampton is some dominate, program saving DT... but hey if ND offers and thinks he can play then welcome him aboard. From the outside it looks like Standford and Harbaugh are doing great things... but if you take a longer look like IUB did.. wow.

Should we start calling Stanford verbals "pre-Irish"? They are almost reserving these recruits for us to pick off.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast