Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoIrish View Post
    it's funny that as of Scout's article, he had not started to trim his list or name any leaders and was looking forward to getting to know ND in more depth by taking a possible visit this summer. then exactly one week later, he commits to USC.

This proves again for the millionth time that you can't worry about (or put too much stock in) every word that comes out of a recruit's mouth. They're young, they have lots of people selling them and, in many cases, "advising" them, and circumstances change. I also happen to think this is additional evidence that Coach Lane is pushing for early commits because they expect limited numbers due to the sanctions appeal decision coming soon.
    maybe he didn't have an offer from USC at that time so they weren't his leader since he could never commit there...kids always have teams they like whether they want to tell sites that is up to them...if he said he liked USC the most w/o an offer from them, they might slow play him thinking they could get him at anytime and then he might not ever get offered if they fill up...this happens everywhere and no, u should never completely believe what a recruit says

WHat?!?!?!?!?!!?

Will be interesting to watch this class with the coming sanctions. Can't imagine it will stay intact but I also didn't see them getting the class they did last yr either

Quote Originally Posted by CincyDamer View Post
    Will be interesting to watch this class with the coming sanctions. Can't imagine it will stay intact but I also didn't see them getting the class they did last yr either
    the sanctions already had a noticeable impact on the '11 class. they were ranked near the top of rivals mainly because of numbers. They signed 30 kids. but, their average star ranking was their lowest in years (sure it was nearly identical to ours - 3.48 v. 3.47). A big class filled with 3 and 4 star players was def. not Pete's style. Pete routinely signed 18-19 kids a year and averaged an off the charts star rating, like 4.2.

The high ranked players stayed away from USC last year like they haven't in forever and it's only going to get worse.

Right. But I'm surprised they got that big of a class
    If I'm the kid or parent I'd avoid a school under serious investigation. But that's just me

Quote Originally Posted by NDgrandson View Post
    WHat?!?!?!?!?!!?
    You may need to have a big talk with your source, NDG.
    Irish Guard - GH Division

Quote Originally Posted by CincyDamer View Post
    Right. But I'm surprised they got that big of a class
    If I'm the kid or parent I'd avoid a school under serious investigation. But that's just me
    I think at least a couple of those kids were kids where USC, sanctions or no, was by far their best offer. A 2 star OL comes to mind and I think there were a few others.

I agree that it doesn't excuse the higher end kids who had lots of other legitimate options. But the strategy helped round out the class, which I think they had to do to max out before sanctions set in.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishinTN View Post
    You may need to have a big talk with your source, NDG.
    Yeah.

just one last thing before we leave this topic - absent any attrition, USC can only sign 6 in the 2012 class in order to meet the 75 scholarship limit. they have 8 commits right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoIrish View Post
    just one last thing before we leave this topic - absent any attrition, USC can only sign 6 in the 2012 class in order to meet the 75 scholarship limit. they have 8 commits right now.
    I imagine all 3rd stringers will have some reason why they have to transfer... academics, attitude, arrest, etc. Nothing less from Kiffy. He'll get at least 10 in.
    Last edited by NDgrandson; 05-26-2011 at 04:11 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast