Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

'12 CA OT Max Tuerk (Verbal Offer/ USC LOI)

Register to remove this advertisement
    Offensive Tackle
    Santa Margarita High School (Santa Margarita, CA)

Links of Interest:
    Rivals Profile

Height: 6 foot-6
    Weight: 281 lbs.
    Forty:
    Bench Max: 360 lbs.
    Squat Max: 430 lbs.
    Shuttle:
    Vertical:
    GPA:

Multimedia:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbQpq8MVzeY&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Tuerk is the reported 5th OT out of Cali offered by the Irish this recruiting cycle. ND joins Arizona, Arizona State, Boise State, Cal, Colorado, Duke, Michigan, Nebraska, Oregon, Oregon State, UCLA, Utah, Virginia and Washington, in offering Tuerk, who is also hearing from USC & Stanford.
    Last edited by irishunclebill; 05-09-2011 at 11:59 AM.

Senior Member Purebred Irishman's Avatar
    http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com...tid=&mid=&rid=

Notre Dame assistant coach Mike Denbrock has been talking to Max Tuerk, finally made it out to Santa Margarita, Calif., and offered the 6-foot-6, 294-pound offensive tackle recently.
    All winning teams are goal-oriented. Teams like these win consistently because everyone connected with them concentrates on specific objectives. They go about their business with blinders on; nothing will distract themfrom achieving their aims.

- Lou Holtz, former Notre Dame football coach

Wow. I live in Santa Margarita. Should be a fun HS season with as many ND offers in the area as I can remember. I'll ask around about the kid.

His high school is often just called Santa Margarita, but it is an expensive private school called Santa Margarita Catholic High School.

http://smhs.org/
    http://smhs.org/

Notable alumni in it's short history... Chris Rix, Carson Palmer and Brian Finneran.

Max comes in at #103 in the rivals250 released today
    All winning teams are goal-oriented. Teams like these win consistently because everyone connected with them concentrates on specific objectives. They go about their business with blinders on; nothing will distract themfrom achieving their aims.

During his spring break, Tuerk unofficially visited Oregon, Washington, Colorado and SMU. Tuerk says he wants to unofficially visit ND sometime this summer.

Interesting note, Tuerk has played TE and WR until recently moved to the OL. He currently holds verbal offers from Arizona, Arizona State, Boise State, Cal, Colorado, Duke, scUM, Nebraska, ND, Oregon, Oregon State, San Diego State, SMU, UCLA, Virginia, Washington and Utah. He was visited bt ND, U$C, Nebraska, Cal and Stanford at his school last week.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmsbg78 View Post
    He was visited bt ND, U$C, Nebraska, Cal and Stanford at his school last week.
    Damn. I had staff in my backyard and they slipped out without being intercepted for some tidbits by NDgrandson?

Somebody gotta give me a heads up.

http://notredame.scout.com/2/1073122.html

Santa Margarita (Calif.) Catholic offensive tackle Max Tuerk received a verbal offer from Notre Dame last week, and it is a program he already knows about. Tuerk spoke to IrishEyes.com about the Irish, his priorities in his recruitment and much more.

Max Tuerk isn’t particular about the offense a program runs nor its location, but the Santa Margarita (Calif.) Catholic High offensive tackle has one thing ahead of everything else in picking a college.
    Tuerk, who was offered by Notre Dame last week, wants to know what is going on in the classroom.

“The main thing is the academics,” he said. “That’s my top priority, and then the football program, and my overall comfort level with the school, some off the coaches, and the people I’m going to be with for the next four or five years.”

The Irish are recruiting the 6-foot-5, 290-pound Tuerk as a tackle, but he knows that may not be his position of the future. And he doesn’t mind.

“They’re recruiting at tackle, but they think I can play guard,” Tuerk said. “I can move down. I think I’m versatile.”

Since receiving the offer from Notre Dame, the Irish have shown plenty of interest in Tuerk. He said he speaks to assistant coach Mike Denbrock and Ed Warinner, and he is looking forward to getting an in-depth look at the school.

“Coach Warinner was at my school the other day,” Tuerk said, “and I’m going to try and get up there to take a visit this summer.”

During the spring, Tuerk visited SMU, Colorado, Washington, Oregon, USC and UCLA. In addition to visiting Notre Dame in the summer, he is contemplating a midwest swing to include Michigan and Nebraska.

But as an avid college football fan, Tuerk already knows a lot about Notre Dame.

“It’s got a great tradition, great academics, really good graduation rate,” Tuerk said. “The football team plays all the best teams in the nation. It’s a great place to be. They were always on t.v., and I turned them on whenever they were on.”

When he visits schools, he is looking for several things.

“The support staff, that’s a top thing,” Tuerk said. “Some of the coaches, my overall comfortable level, if I can fit in there. Style in my opinion …I don’t have a preference. I just want to play ball.”

Tuerk said he has not started to trim his list, and is not ready to list leaders.

First SEC offer for Tuerk. Bama has verbally offered.

To USC
    :clover:"May the saddest day of your future be no worse than the happiest day of your past." ~Irish blessing:clover:

it's funny that as of Scout's article, he had not started to trim his list or name any leaders and was looking forward to getting to know ND in more depth by taking a possible visit this summer. then exactly one week later, he commits to USC.

This proves again for the millionth time that you can't worry about (or put too much stock in) every word that comes out of a recruit's mouth. They're young, they have lots of people selling them and, in many cases, "advising" them, and circumstances change. I also happen to think this is additional evidence that Coach Lane is pushing for early commits because they expect limited numbers due to the sanctions appeal decision coming soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast