Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Florida 5* Verbal Commit Matt Elam looking around

Register to remove this advertisement
    File this one under what goes around comes around.

5 star ATH Matt Elam committed to Florida in October, but is now starting to look around. The reason, he has heard rumors there will be coaching changes at Florida after this season.

The irony of this kid looking around because of worries that Meyer might be leaving after this season is just too sweet considering how Meyer is using that same tactic against ND. What makes it even sweeter is that the coaches that are probably using the tactic on Meyer are most likely implying that Meyer is headed to ND.

Elam is the #1 ATH and #5 overall player on the Rivals board, and the #1 Safety and #9 overall on the Scout board, so losing him would definitely hurt. He is very tight with Meyer because Meyer recruited his older brother to ND when Urbie was here.

That is where the irony of this situation keeps piling on. Elam would probably follow Urbie if he left Florida for any other school except ND, because his brother ended up getting kicked out of ND after being convicted of sexual battery in one of the most notorious cases ever involving ND football players. That was just one incident among many really tragic incidents that have happened to the Elam family.

Matt will probably end up sticking with UF, but I wish him best of luck wherever he ends up because it appears that the entire Elam family may have been born under an unfortunate star.

Griff Cannon
    Maybe he should just go ahead and send ND his LOI now that way he is prepared.

So looking around but ND is doesnt even have a chance?

Quote Originally Posted by SpanishElite View Post
    So looking around but ND is doesnt even have a chance?
    No chance, bad history.

laxkid23
    Tate Forcier's brother transferred out of Michigan and he still came. Elam to ND is the biggest pipedream possible though.

I thought Forcier's brother went to UCLA to Furman?

laxkid23
    He has a few brothers, I believe Jason went from Michigan to Stanford.

SebastianMerckx
    Considering certain individuals on campus literally threw Abram under the bus when all this went down...yep...I'd say there is absolutely no chance in this happening. The kid did nothing wrong and was railroaded. Sometimes,as we all know,Notre Dame can be a little too pc. They should have stood by him a lot more than they did.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...rt.html?page=0

interesting read if you're curious. i would have to agree with IUB though, no way does his little brother come to notre dame. as the article says, the older brother left for notre dame a golden boy and came home a convicted sex offender.

I kinda feel sorry for both the victim and elam though. I can't speculate what happened, but that's why if you're a young man (or woman) you always ask, never assume.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast