Not a Supporting Member?

Become a Gold Club Supporting Member to remove this box and all other advertisments! Only $15 per year. Click HERE for more info!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by domerdude View Post
    I thought the NCAA wasnt coming down on USC till mid Feb??? Or was I wrong.
    Man I really thought I read on Yahoo Sports today that the NCAA will be meeting with USC this weekend to discuss sanctions, if there are any. I looked for the story, but don't know where it's at now. If I'm wrong, accept my apology. I should have posted the story from the get go.
    KeiVarae Russell: "When the coaches told me over the next few days in the film room that I was gonna start I was like ‘Uh Oh’.”

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recru...6season%3d2010

Under Armour All-American quarterback Jesse Scroggins (Lakewood, Calif.) was left with a ton of questions following Pete Carroll's departure for the Seattle Seahawks. Those questions are now answered with the hiring of Lane Kiffin, ESPN affiliate Web site WeAreSC.com reports.

"(I'm) Overjoyed. Excited," said Scroggins. "Lane recruited me at Tennessee as his number one quarterback. I went on an unofficial visit to Tennessee in April. At that time he told me he was going to run an offensive system similar to USC and that I was perfect for the system."

"I am the only recruit in the nation who had USC and Tennessee in his top three - the reason being that the offensive schemes are almost identical. Now I have the best of both offerings - one being location and the other being staff. It would be a perfect world if Pete (Carroll) was in the package."

Under Armour All-American quarterback Jesse Scroggins (Lakewood, Calif.) was left with a ton of questions following Pete Carroll's departure for the Seattle Seahawks. Those questions are now answered with the hiring of Lane Kiffin, ESPN affiliate Web site WeAreSC.com reports.

"(I'm) Overjoyed. Excited," said Scroggins. "Lane recruited me at Tennessee as his number one quarterback. I went on an unofficial visit to Tennessee in April. At that time he told me he was going to run an offensive system similar to USC and that I was perfect for the system."

"I am the only recruit in the nation who had USC and Tennessee in his top three - the reason being that the offensive schemes are almost identical. Now I have the best of both offerings - one being location and the other being staff. It would be a perfect world if Pete (Carroll) was in the package."
    Seems like a bit of a bold statement
    :clover:"May the saddest day of your future be no worse than the happiest day of your past." ~Irish blessing:clover:

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by SpanishElite View Post
    SHOCKED that he going to USC.. now will he ever play?
    and the answer is, no he won't.

USC quarterback Jesse Scroggins will transfer to another school.

By Gary Klein

June 4, 2012, 4:15 p.m.
    USC quarterback Jesse Scroggins, who sat out much of last season and spring practice because of injuries and academic issues, will transfer, the school announced Monday.

The departure of Scroggins, who would have been a third-year sophomore, leaves USC with three scholarship quarterbacks: senior Matt Barkley and redshirt freshmen Max Wittek and Cody Kessler.

“We’re just doing what’s in the best interest of my son,” Scroggins’ father, Jesse Sr., said in a phone interview. “He wanted more control of the situation and this seemed like an opportune time.”

The 6-foot-2, 210-pound Scroggins, who starred at Lakewood High before enrolling at USC, is planning to transfer to a junior college with goals of playing this season and earning an Associate of Arts degree before transferring to a four-year school with two years of eligibility remaining, his father said.

“He’ll be a free agent,” Jesse Sr., said. Brilliant.

USC Coach Lane Kiffin said in a statement that he had met with Scroggins and his father and that Scroggins had “a very strong spring semester in the classroom” and that he was academically eligible.

Scroggins had perhaps the strongest arm among the quarterbacks but rarely got the opportunity to display it during practices and games the last 10 months.

A hand injury suffered during a training camp scrimmage in August required surgery and forced him to sit out half the 2011 season, an absence that allowed Wittek and Kessler to take numerous practice reps and close any experience gap.

Scroggins was sidelined the first six games and played only one snap, the final play of USC’s 40-17 victory over Washington on Nov. 12 at the Coliseum.

Scroggins also sat out much of spring practice because of a hip injury and academic issues, giving Wittek and Kessler more opportunities to compete for the No. 2 quarterback spot.

Scroggins and his father met with Kiffin in May to discuss the situation.

In April, USC received a verbal commitment from quarterback Max Browne, who will be a senior at Skyline High in Sammamish, Wash. Browne is working to graduate from high school in December so that he can enroll at USC in January and participate in spring practice in 2013.

Transfer to El Camino

The future is never guaranteed
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jesse-s...HwQQydzis5nYcB

West of Gardena, California, is a junior college called El Camino. For the next year, it will be where quarterback Jesse Scroggins will go to school and play football. One week after announcing he would transfer, Scroggins made it official and has transferred to El Camino College Warriors.
    Last edited by mlcspinner; 06-19-2012 at 05:21 AM.

Verbally commited to Rich Rod and Arizona.

Gold Club Member Purebred Irishman's Avatar
    As Zimms said previously he is headed to Arizona

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...sse-scroggins/

Wednesday JUCO signing day, and former USC quarterback Jesse Scroggins is headed back to the Pac-12.

Arizona announced on its website Wednesday that Scroggins is coming to Tucson after one season in the JUCO ranks. He will be eligible to play immediately in the 2013 season.

Scroggins redshirted in 2010 and served as a backup in 2011 at USC before transferring to El Camino College. He will be a redshirt junior in 2013 with two years of eligibility remaining. That means he will be in the running to become Arizona’s starting quarterback as Matt Scott is a senior.

“He’s a talented guy. He’s probably a little hungry to go out and prove himself,” Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez told the Tucson Citizen. “We’re trying to create competition at every position, and he’ll certainly bring that.”

The Wildcats just finished an 8-5 season under Rodriguez, which included a New Mexico Bowl win.
    All winning teams are goal-oriented. Teams like these win consistently because everyone connected with them concentrates on specific objectives. They go about their business with blinders on; nothing will distract themfrom achieving their aims.

- Lou Holtz, former Notre Dame football coach

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345