Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

WE NEED YOU! Calling All Gold Helmeteers

Register to remove this advertisement
    As some of you are aware, our web host pulled the plug on Gold Helmet last night around 8pm EST stating that the site was consuming over our allowed resources on our server. After finally getting someone on the phone this moring around 11am EST, I convinced them to reactive our hosting account on the assurance that I'd turn off features to make the site less CPU and database intensive -- as some of you have undoubtedly noticed.

I also spent a good chunk of my morning soliciting feedback from fellow vBulletin site owners on the web hosts they use and how their service has been. I also spent time exchanging emails with several of those hosting companies and I have identified what appears to be a perfect match as our next host as I'm sure it is only a matter of time before our current host flips the switch again despite my efforts.

Our current hosting account expires in exactly 88 days from now and my goal is to have moved to the new web host by then. However, in order to accomplish that goal, we need to raise some funds in order to pay for the hosting account -- many hosting accounts require you pay for a specific term as opposed to paying monthly as it cuts their administrative expense and overhead.

Our goal is to raise $650, which will pay for one full year of webhosting for Gold Helmet. Additionally, we've set a backup goal to raise at least $360, which would pay for six months of hosting. We're really hoping our members will come through and show that Fightin' spirit and help us reach the goals! As always, you never go away empty handed!

For every Gold Club supporting membership purchased in the next 60 days, you'll get an addition 2 months added to your subscription FREE! If the extra bang for your buck wasn't good enough, you're going to have the opportunity to win some great Notre Dame prizes. Some of the prizes currently include:
    • David Bruton Autographed Senior Bowl Card
    • Subscription to ESPN the Magazine
    • Copy of Charlie Weis "No Excuses" Book
    • University Of Notre Dame: Fighting Irish Collector's Edition 8 DVD Box Set
    • 2009 Blue-Gold Game Program
    So what are you waiting for? Help not only us but you fellow Gold Helmeteers out and get a chance to win some very cool Notre Dame prizes. Click HERE to head over to our Donation and Subscription Center and become a Gold Club member today!

GOAL #2 - $650 (204 away)

WE WOULD LIKE TO SINCERELY THANK THESE MEMBERS FOR CONTRIBUTING:

1) littlerick77
    2) goldandblue
    3) brownkj002
    4) IrishinTN
    5) SweepTheLeg
    6) HoffVir
    7) IrishGrizz
    8) SpanishElite
    9) Irlandese
    10) rotostud
    11) pappy
    12) I Am Irish
    13) mclspinner
    14) ND_Ownz!
    15) abelschner17
    16) SouthernIrish
    17) ndlb41
    18) No.1irishfan

It's only money right??

I'm in buddy....cha ching!

Quote Originally Posted by Svoboda View Post
    As some of you are aware, our web host pulled the plug on Gold Helmet last night around 8pm EST stating that the site was consuming over our allowed resources on our server. After finally getting someone on the phone this moring around 11am EST, I convinced them to reactive our hosting account on the assurance that I'd turn off features to make the site less CPU and database intensive -- as some of you have undoubtedly noticed.

I also spent a good chunk of my morning soliciting feedback from fellow vBulletin site owners on the web hosts they use and how their service has been. I also spent time exchanging emails with several of those hosting companies and I have identified what appears to be a perfect match as our next host as I'm sure it is only a matter of time before our current host flips the switch again despite my efforts.

Our current hosting account expires in exactly 88 days from now and my goal is to have moved to the new web host by then. However, in order to accomplish that goal, we need to raise some funds in order to pay for the hosting account -- many hosting accounts require you pay for a specific term as opposed to paying monthly as it cuts their administrative expense and overhead.

Our goal is to raise $650, which will pay for one full year of webhosting for Gold Helmet. Additionally, we've set a backup goal to raise at least $360, which would pay for six months of hosting. We're really hoping our members will come through and show that Fightin' spirit and help us reach the goals! As always, you never go away empty handed!

For every Gold Club supporting membership purchased in the next 60 days, you'll get an addition 2 months added to your subscription FREE! If the extra bang for your buck wasn't good enough, you're going to have the opportunity to win some great Notre Dame prizes. Prizes Include:
    • David Bruton Autographed Senior Bowl Card
    • Subscription to ESPN the Magazine
    • Copy of Charlie Weis "No Excuses" Book
    • University Of Notre Dame: Fighting Irish Collector's Edition 8 DVD Box Set
    So what are you waiting for? Help not only us but you fellow Gold Helmeteers out and get a chance to win some very cool Notre Dame prizes. Click HERE to head over to our Donation and Subscription Center and become a Gold Club member today!

IRISH GUARD-GH Division

Thanks to littlerick for getting us started off.

I should also mention that if you cannot afford the $20 Gold Club membership, we do have lower denomination options. Also, if you can't afford the $20 lump sum, we do have a monthly membership, too! Lastly, if you think PayPal is the debil as I know a lot of people do, you can send funds in via traditional snail mail -- PM me for the address.

Added goldandblue and brownkj002 into the thank you list!

Not a problem. I don't know what I would do without this site.

Ill be donating either tonight or tomorrow. If my parents let me borrow the credit card ill donate 50 dollars.(not taking money from them im giving them 50.) I will definitely atleast donate 20 though
    We Are The Fighting Irish

Quote Originally Posted by notredomer23 View Post
    Ill be donating either tonight or tomorrow. If my parents let me borrow the credit card ill donate 50 dollars.(not taking money from them im giving them 50.) I will definitely atleast donate 20 though
    Summer time is coming up and there are girls to be chased, movies to be seen and fun to be had.

While we could definitely use it, I'd just recommending re-upping your current membership to take advantage of the 2 bonus months and getting your name into the drawing for the prizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Svoboda View Post
    Summer time is coming up and there are girls to be chased, movies to be seen and fun to be had.

While we could definitely use it, I'd just recommending re-upping your current membership to take advantage of the 2 bonus months and getting your name into the drawing for the prizes.
    I would be lost with out this site though. Im gonna try and do everything i can to help
    We Are The Fighting Irish

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast