Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcspinner View Post
    I liked having a list on the front page of the topics that were currently being discussed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Svoboda View Post
    That is what the "new posts" link is for. The only reason I had that last time is because we were doing the blog syndication and it filtered those out. Since we're no longer doing that, it was no longer needed and as excess "fat" so to speak. It slashed multiple queries that were ran every time the front page was accessed -- that's a good thing.
    Unless the "new posts" is going to show around 30 threads, I don't like it. I like to keep up with all the threads that have been posted in and the old way allowed it where the new way seems to be the same "new posts" as before. I get the whole "excess fat " thing but in the last couple of weeks we have been viewing the 2.0 version, this change is by far the most radical and I hope we can bring back the threads to the homepage without having to go into the individual forums. "New threads" does not show enough, especially for those who aren't checking GH every couple of hours a day.

Community Moderator stonebreakerwasgod's Avatar
    Hey now.
    Member: Irish Guards-GH Division

Quote Originally Posted by NDgrandson View Post
    Unless the "new posts" is going to show around 30 threads, I don't like it. I like to keep up with all the threads that have been posted in and the old way allowed it where the new way seems to be the same "new posts" as before. I get the whole "excess fat " thing but in the last couple of weeks we have been viewing the 2.0 version, this change is by far the most radical and I hope we can bring back the threads to the homepage without having to go into the individual forums. "New threads" does not show enough, especially for those who aren't checking GH every couple of hours a day.
    The "Get New Posts" option is going to show each and every new post since your last visit, whether that number is 8 or 8000 -- so yes, it is showing all threads that have been posted in since your last visit. Additionally, there has always been an option to get "Today's Posts" under the Quick Links dropdown on the vBulletin navigation -- I'll add it to the main navigation here in a few.

What I suggest is you take some time to actually go through all the options that are available to you. They've always been here and I honestly don't think you've ever truly taken a deep look at them. In fact, between the "New Posts" and "Today's Posts" options, it has a far deeper reach considering the Top Stats box only included the Top X, which I believe I had set to 25... so if there has been more then 25 threads posted in since your last visit, you wouldn't have known anyway.

i dont like change. lol jk. everything has been great Svo minus the new posts being gone. But i read your previous post and im confident everything will be good :D
    We Are The Fighting Irish

I love how clicking the articles in newswire takes you right to the article in a new window. Wow, this site is really top-notch and very professional. Well done! (and thank you!)

Something seems to be up with your "Introductions & Welcome" auto-posts:
    http://www.goldhelmet.com/showpost.p...57&postcount=1

Yeah, I fixed that right after I saw that. That is the default welcome message for the software -- from the code writer's forum.

Griff Cannon
    Would you be able to add a side bar item for the most recent blog entries, it would probably increase views.

maybe already noted in a different post, but under the 'view new posts' tab, you now need to be a gold club member to access?

Quote Originally Posted by JGESS View Post
    maybe already noted in a different post, but under the 'view new posts' tab, you now need to be a gold club member to access?
    Yes, that was disabled due to the recent outage we had.

http://www.goldhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=17452

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12