Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

'07 TN ATH Golden Tate- Class of 2010- Detroit Lions

Register to remove this advertisement
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Golden Tate- Wide Receiver- Pope John Paul II High School- Hendersonville, TN

5-11/175/4.40

Recruiting Class of 2007 (Athlete)

Verbal Commit- December 12, 2006

Signed LOI- February 7, 2007

Drafted by Seattle Seahawks on April 23rd, 2010- 28th Pick, 2nd Round, 60th Pick Overall

We all know Tate is having a break out year. Everytime I have seen him this year I see a player which could not have any more confidence in his abilities. This guy is in the zone and everything has slowed down for him and he can do no wrong. Yanking that deep ball away from the defender was one of many examples of how he has athleticism and hand eye coordination on a different level. I hope he can keep it going and we will see some amazing things continue with him.

(from last year)
    Last edited by irishunclebill; 04-24-2010 at 11:48 PM.

There is no doubt that he is getting better every week. He always had the crazy skills and the abilities to do whatever he wanted on the field. It just took him a little while to learn how to play WR at a high level. And there is no doubt he still has alot to learn, and the scary thing is that he can get so much better during his career at ND.
    What I love about him is his leadership. He has really taken his energy and enthusiasm for the game, and on game days and it really has spread to the other players. The Eric Olsens, and Tates, and B. Smiths of the world will always be hyped and emotional. But you can see how they have impacted players like Sam Young, Chris Stewart and even Mo Crum.

Tate reminds me of Steve Smith for the Carolina Panthers. He's tough, fast, quick, has great hands, makes plays, but most importantly, he brings it each and every week.

http://www.blueandgold.com/content/?aid=6088

Nice interview with Golden.

I feel like this guy wants to shout out to everyone, "Hey!!! Throw me the ball!!! On every down, throw it my way, I will catch it and get major YAC!!! These DBs can't handle me!!!"

I really feel that Golden has all the tools to be a top WR in college football.

I think Floyd is not far behind. Floyd is smooth and might not have the quicks that Golden has. Kamara has the bigger frame and knows how to use it well. Those 3 will have a HUGE game on Saturday. We will not miss Grimes.

BGIF
    Quote Originally Posted by NDgrandson View Post
    ... I really feel that Golden has all the tools to be a top WR in college football. ...
    Phil Steele agrees with you. He has Tate on his Mid-Season All-American Third Team.

i know we all love Tate...but i just have to say, of everyone on ND, this kid is simply MAGIC with the ball in his hands...he is that rare guy who, when he gets his hands on the ball, you lean just a little more forward in your chair anticipating what will happen next...i look forward to watching him for 2 more seasons.
    he's the closest thing to the Rocket since the Rocket...and i believe in the end he might just be better when all is said and done.
    “We GUNNA Be Beast!!"

Quote Originally Posted by NDisNCin2010 View Post
    i know we all love Tate...but i just have to say, of everyone on ND, this kid is simply MAGIC with the ball in his hands...he is that rare guy who, when he gets his hands on the ball, you lean just a little more forward in your chair anticipating what will happen next...i look forward to watching him for 2 more seasons.
    he's the closest thing to the Rocket since the Rocket...and i believe in the end he might just be better when all is said and done.
    This guy is a hummingbird. He can do 5 things while the rest of the players on the field do one. We've seen him go up on jump balls and take away INTs and make them receptions. We've seen him scramble and dive forward for a ball (very difficult). His punt return for TD (nullified) was sick. What I'm saying is, he's not just fast with good hands. He has superior coordination and he makes great plays. Things seem to be in slow motion for him. If we can keep defenders off him and on Floyd/Rudolph and respect the run... Tate is a Heisman candidate.

Should be interesting to see what he does in baseball this year too.

he has the juice no doubt... thing is I think we have talent at all levels on both sides of the ball... next year could actually be pretty special... just for the record I'm about 3 months away from starting my yearly we can win it all campaign... jut lettin everyone know...
    Goooooooo Irish!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NDgrandson View Post
    This guy is a hummingbird.
    i love the analogy...spot on.
    “We GUNNA Be Beast!!"

Community Moderator stonebreakerwasgod's Avatar
    During the Michigan game..it was stated that on Friday nights before a game, Golden watches Youtube videos of the rocket returning kicks. I was pretty impressed with that.
    Member: Irish Guards-GH Division

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast