Please Support Our Sponsors

Adidas vs Under Armour: ND merchandise

Register to remove this advertisement
    Hi guys,

Thought it would be great to bring up a topic I have thought up that is not COVID19 related. I was ordering some ND merchandise lately and found some Adidas ND shorts which were new and they fit me better than Under Armour.

I would like to get your thoughts on the ND merchandise as it relates to Adidas vs Under Armour. I know the Under Armour deal has been around for 5 years now. Would love to get your thoughts on this as I personally preferred the Adidas selection to the UnderArmour selection.

Im a big guy and to quote my wife, I have an odd body shape: I am shaped like a pear. All kidding aside, I thought that Adidas had a better selection of Jackets, especially Winter than Under Armour. I also thought they did a better job with kids selection than Under Armour. What do you guys think?

I also find the UnderArmour stuff kind of cheap to be honest. It seems that 80% of the cut is more Athletic than typical and i do feel that the quality is a little lacking on certain products.

So looking back, I definitely preferred Adidas to Under Armour.

To me, UA & adidas are pretty comparable but I’m basing that on ND’s experience w/ each company. adidas has really upped their game in the last 5 years, so I’d agree they have an edge over UA.

My opinion my be unpopular but I prefer Nike to both of the other brands. For me, it’s a better fit from hats to shirts, etc. They also have more creative designs IMO. Under Armour has minimal creativity...whereas adidas did a good job.

The only time I can recall ND football wearing Nike was at the end of the Faust era when they could be seen wearing Nike cleats. I don’t know if it’s the “Wal-Mart effect” where they’re painted as the “big bully on the block” but at the end of the day, I think their swag looks & fits better. I’m just speaking as a fan like you so I stayed away from what the athletes would prefer as I have no idea other than to doubt it’s one of the top factors in choosing a school.

So my vote today would be in this order: Nike, adidas, Under Armour

Community Moderator Jiggafini19's Avatar
    I prefer Adidas of UA, but if given a choice I'm going with Nike over both and everyone else.

I am an Under Armour guy, so I am good with the status quo.

I have a bunch of under armor stuff but not because I like it better than Nike or adidas but because I’m close to an outlet and I get discount codes from my fitness pal app. I like Nike work out shorts better due to fit and adidas boost soles. Though I’ve been getting ASICS, hokas, and brooks running shoes more recently.
    Don't facebook recruits. You are adults, act like it.