Please Support Our Sponsors

2019-2020 Notre Dame Basketball Thread

Register to remove this advertisement
    2020 Basketball Commit that had Warm Interest in ND but looks like Michigan...Dammit...we really need a 7-2 Center...Brey cant get these guys to come to ND

https://247sports.com/Article/Live-E...cker-140717722

Michigan target Hunter Dickinson set to announce this week

ByJOSH HENSCHKE Dec 17, 6:29 PM

x
    One of Michigan's top remaining targets on the board will be deciding this week. According to 247Sports' Director of Recruiting, Evan Daniels, 2020 four-star center Hunter Dickinson plans to make his decision known at some point this week. Dickinson confirmed with Daniels that he didn't have an exact date in mind but plans on wrapping things up relatively soon.

The news of the 7-foot-2 center's impending announcement came on the heels of a recent surge of crystal ball selections in favor of the Wolverines. The recent selections were made by Daniels himself and The Michigan Insider's Sam Webb and Josh Henschke.

Dickinson, who spoke to TMI's Josh Newkirk recently, discussed his relationship (VIP) with Howard.
    ďItís a really good relationship,Ē Dickinson said of Howard. ďHeís young. Heís hip to everything, really. He knows about younger players and heís really relatable. Thatís probably the biggest thing, heís really relatable to talk to and stuff.Ē
    Dickinson had a finalist group that consisted of the Wolverines, Florida State, Duke and Notre Dame.
    Florida State: "The coaching staff is probably the biggest thing there. Coach Stan Jones, coach C.Y. [Young], coach [Leonard] Hamilton, all those guys, I really like them and the team is so close together. Thatís everything that stood out to me and their track record of developing big men is pretty impressive."

Duke: "Coach K , in general when he calls you have to respond him. Heís probably the greatest coach ever so to play for him would be cool. They keep telling me how much of an opportunity I would have to come in right away since Vernon [Carey] is leaving, there is a lot of minutes there and I can make an impact right away."
    Notre Dame: "Coach [Mike] Brey has been recruiting me since like the beginning of my freshman year so itís been like a really long process. I really like the team, I think the DeMatha connection I have with them and coach [Rod] Balanis is something that is cool to me and after basketball if I went there that like, I want to get to the League but it would put less pressure on me."
    According to 247Sports' Director of Scouting Jerry Meyer, he sees Dickinson as a second-round talent in the NBA Draft with a game similar to the Denver Nuggets' Thomas Welsh.
    "Big body who can occupy space," Meyer wrote. "Not an explosive athlete. Good basketball IQ and positional defender and rebounder. Effective in the high/low game. Knows how to seal his man and can also deliver a pass from the high post. Has reliable jump hook with his dominant left hand. Can make a face-up midrange shot. Should end up being a second-round draft choice."
    7COMMENTSDickinson would be joining a recruiting class with five-star forward Isaiah Todd, who has yet to sign with the program, and four-star point guard Zeb Jackson, who signed with the Wolverines during the early signing period.

I didn’t think the program would dip lower than it did last year. Boy was I wrong.