Please Support Our Sponsors

Equanimeous St. Brown Uncertain for Stanford Game

Register to remove this advertisement
    SOUTH BEND – There’s a chance quarterback Brandon Wimbush could be without his roommate for Notre Dame's final regular season game.

Equanimeous St. Brown, Wimbush's close friend and favorite receiver target, entered concussion protocol Sunday. He took a hard and awkward landing after being flipped by a defender while trying to make a play in the first quarter against Navy. Wimbush’s pass sailed high and St. Brown leaped to grab it. When he hit the ground, the junior wideout immediately grabbed his helmet. The injury looked serious in the moment as a few teammates gathered near him. Tight end Alize Mack took a knee, appearing to say a quick prayer. St. Brown eventually got up and walked off the field on his own.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...ish/881170001/

Expect a lot of two-TE sets with Smythe getting the most reps, then Mack & then Weisher contributing about 15. That leaves the two WR being Stepherson & Claypool/Boykin. Stepherson has been building up his # of reps since returning & Boykin has the size to block some CBs out for jump balls if it turns out Claypool is too banged up. The key will be for Wimbush to know his personnel (i.e., he can’t lead Boykin on a pass as much as he would EQ or Stepherson)

Equanimeous St. Brown, Wimbush's close friend and favorite receiver target, entered concussion protocol Sunday.
    Based on the way Wimbush hung his ass out to dry, I wouldn't call him a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Guff View Post
    Based on the way Wimbush hung his ass out to dry, I wouldn't call him a friend.
    Someone needs to remind Amon-Ra that he’s going to catch a lot more passes from Jurkovec than he would from BW should he choose ND.

He is extremely lucky it wasn't/isn't far more serious. The photo of him landing and his body (neck included) look more bent up than a Ben's Preztel.

I’ll have to admit, I don’t believe that this is that big of a loss for ND

I don’t mean for this to sound like a shot at the young man, but he has been inconsistent for a large part of the year and I don’t know if he has been hurt or what, but he doesn’t seem to be going full speed or to be able to get separation to get himself open

I don’t think all the passing game struggles rest with Wimbush, large majority yes, but the WRs have to help also