Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by marv81s View Post
    I will forget that day, who caused it and all the things that happened throughout that day. Nobody should. I wish all the tv networks would rebroadcast their shows from that day, relive it as if it was happening so people don't forget. I know that would probably offend some, but screw them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...in-Towers.html
    I don't think the people who lost friends and family want to relive the coverage though.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyborn1971 View Post
    I don't think the people who lost friends and family want to relive the coverage though.
    I bet we'd get mixed response if we asked all those people. IMO There's some that believ "NEVER FORGET"

Community Moderator Jiggafini19's Avatar
    Carpentersville FD are getting pizzas delivered there today. Me and my five year old are dropping them off.

I left my math class my sophomore year and heard Howard Stern talking about it on the way home. I thought he was talking about back in the 40s when a B52 hit the Empire State Building. Went to my parents house, saw what happened and woke my dad up to watch as the first one fell. Went to a recruiter that day and got some options.

I will never forget seeing those people jumping. I visited the towers 4 years earlier and couldnt believe someone could bring them down like that.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishDodger View Post
    I bet we'd get mixed response if we asked all those people. IMO There's some that believ "NEVER FORGET"
    If jus one of them doesn't. That's enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdickens View Post
    Went to a recruiter that day and got some options.
    My dad (late 40s at the time) actually tried to join the Navy or the Air Force as a pharmacist. No need at the time, especially at his age. Recruiting got a lot easier for a while after that.

I was going to go to the recruiter to rejoin the marines on that day, then I was given the ultimatum by the wife, that if I went, that she would divorce me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PjQFA7COMsU
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by eric_navy View Post
    My dad (late 40s at the time) actually tried to join the Navy or the Air Force as a pharmacist. No need at the time, especially at his age. Recruiting got a lot easier for a while after that.
    I signed during the troop surge. They were taking certain felons at that point. I had an ankle replacement and ended up getting in on a waiver. Talk about guys with neck tattoos, hand tats and felonious assault. I got a 20k signing bonus for picking Combat Engineers because that is when the IED threat really started, Engineers were doing route clearance.

I remember I was in the middle of transferring from OSU to Capital and I was working a full time job at a family pizza place. The owner bought TVs to put in the dining room and hung a flag in the front window. People would just sit there for hours watching the footage. My generation or age group ha been at war our entire adult lives.

Yeah, I had just started my 1st year at Notre Dame in business school, and I wondered why everyone was gathered around Tvs when I walked into class. I remember the shock we all felt. One of my classmates' girlfriend worked in one of the Towers and he was absolutely out of it. I just remember them cancelled classes that day and myself just sitting glued to the TV in my apartment.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast