Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Status of the remaining 0 GH Uncommitted Offer.

Register to remove this advertisement
    Since it appears that the Irish staff is not planning on sending out a whole bundle of new offers I figured now is a good of a time as any to resurrect the old GH Status of the Uncommitted Offers thread for the 2009 recruiting class.

By my estimation ND has up to 10 schollies still available for this class. However, for the life of me I am having a hard time seeing 10 ND commits out of the currently remaining 39 uncommitted offers. If my scenario is correct that could mean a few different things.

1) There will be more offers going out to recruits who are more likely to commit to the Irish.
    2) Some currently committed elsewhere players with ND offers will switch their commit to the Irish.
    3) The staff is not anticipating maxing out this class and plans to reserve schollies for a 2010 Class that appears to be more like the 2008 class in its’ leanings to ND.

Looking forward, if the 2009 class were to max out at 21, we would be looking at a roster after the 2009 season with 70 scholarship players including nine 2010 5th year eligible Seniors. My best guess is that a max. of 3-4 of those 9 will be invited back, but even with that reduced number, a 21 scholarship class for 2009 could mean only a 20-21 scholarship class for 2010, a year that at least early on seems to hold more promise recruiting wise for Notre Dame. It may very well be that #3 above is the strategy the staff is pursuing so that in 2010 ND could be looking at offering up to 25 schollies. The lack of interest in recruiting a QB this year as well as the apparent tact of not offering any more WR’s for the 2009 class seems to provide some anecdotal evidence in support of this possibility. Of course if we have some surprises in store such as a Te’o or an Evans then I am sure that the staff would be more than happy to max out the 2009 class.
    Last edited by irishunclebill; 02-04-2009 at 04:53 PM.

Thats great stuff IUB as usual. Now I just have to take acouple deep breaths from all that reading! I did read the Summary at the end first though.. admittedly.

Oh but I think options 3 at the top is the most likely. And how we have RACED out of the gates for 2010 recruiting and the camp attendance thus far I think its a great idea.
    Last edited by SpanishElite; 07-08-2008 at 05:24 PM.

Great summary. Well done as always IUB!

IrishR#1
    Great job. I'm glad to see all of these guys with their chances on one spot.

I believe that we have nine spots left, so I will say that Eifert, Banks, Watt, LaLota, and Muldoon will come, with the other 4 being comprised from decommits, unoffered prospects, and/or some surprised commitments.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishR#1 View Post
    Great job. I'm glad to see all of these guys with their chances on one spot.

I believe that we have nine spots left, so I will say that Eifert, Banks, Watt, LaLota, and Muldoon will come, with the other 4 being comprised from decommits, unoffered prospects, and/or some surprised commitments.
    Good Call since we already have Eifert.:nanana:

thanks for great info IUB

IRISH GUARD-GH Division

nice work IUB...truly appreciate the synopsis and insights.
    We GUNNA Be Beast!!"

Quote Originally Posted by irishunclebill View Post
    Good Call since we already have Eifert.:nanana:
    I was thinking the same- made me worry when I saw the time stamp, then read yours and I could breath again.

Awesome IUB

mcnallyk
    Nicely done! Great Info. Was hoping we would be in better position with the o and d linemen this year, but option 3 works too.

Quote Originally Posted by mcnallyk View Post
    Nicely done! Great Info. Was hoping we would be in better position with the o and d linemen this year, but option 3 works too.
    I think the DL situation could be really solid. If we land Stockton, Lalota and Muldoon I think that could be a great haul with the group we got last year. Plus thats not counting some of the outside shots.

Now Ol obviously I think we would all like to be closer on a few commits. But if we can land Bullard, Martin, Watt and Nixon would be a GREAT group. I think if we can get three of those 4 or say even 2 of the four PLUS two other OL we either havent offered yet or long shots I think it could be a really solid group. Plus if you look at the 08 class, and the possibility of the 2010 class it wont be as bad as we think.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast