PDA

View Full Version : '15 ID C Tristen Hoge (Notre Dame Commit 12/7/13)

Jiggafini19
06-17-2013, 07:20 PM
Offensive Center
Pocatello (ID) Highland

Ht:6'5"
Wt:275 lbs

http://rivals.yahoo.com/notredame/football/recruiting/player-142876

http://247sports.com/Player/Tristen-Hoge-27944

Offers from Boise State, BYU, Utah and Washington State. Interest from Notre Dame, Michigan State, UCLA and Vanderbilt. An ND offer would put them in good position to land him. Performed well at the Eugene Nike NFTC. Stanford invited him to their junior day and he'll camp at Notre Dame. BYU is recruiting him the most aggressively to this point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnFUD_XyOWo

zimmsbg78
06-25-2013, 09:52 AM
Tristen added a verbal offer from State Penn. He attended there camp prior to ND's.

HoffVir
06-26-2013, 05:07 PM
Irish Sports Daily ‏@ISDUpdate
#NotreDame extended an offer to 2015 OL Tristen Hoge after a three-day camp performance in South Bend.
5:03 PM - 26 Jun 13

IrishGrizz
06-26-2013, 06:19 PM
Way to represent Idaho!

HoffVir
06-26-2013, 09:16 PM
Irish Sports Daily ‏@ISDUpdate
2015 Idaho OL Tristen Hoge on where #NotreDame ranks after today's offer. “One, number one.”
9:15 PM - 26 Jun 13

HoffVir
06-26-2013, 09:37 PM
Hoge Has ND #1
WEDNESDAY, 26 JUNE 2013 20:28 CHRISTIAN MCCOLLUM

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/images/resized/images/stories/2015recruits/tristenhogend2_200_200.jpg

There were several highlights of Tristen Hoge’s first visit to Notre Dame and the trip was capped off with Irish head coach Brian Kelly offering the 2015 Idaho offensive lineman a scholarship.

“I can’t even explain it,” the 6-foot-5, 286-pounder said of his emotions at the time.

“My mind was just racing. I couldn’t even find the words to explain it even with Coach Kelly right in front of me. I couldn’t find the words to say thank you, it was so awesome. It was a great experience. It was awesome.”

Hoge had no problem finding the words to describe where Notre Dame ranks on his current list of leaders.

“One, number one,” Hoge said confidently.

The Highland High School standout picked up an offer from Penn State earlier in the week to add to a list that already included BYU, Utah, Boise State and Washington State. Hoge said the Nittany Lions were a close second, but the Irish have so many positives.

“First of all the academics, they rate first,” said Hoge. “Not only the graduation rate, but they set you up for success, they rely on you to be accountable for yourself, but they still give you the right tools to become successful.”

Hoge also learned about the tools Irish offensive line coach Harry Hiestand offers.

“It was a lot different than I expected,” Hoge said of Hiestand’s coaching techniques. “Coach Hiestand is a great coach. He’s got different techniques than what I learned throughout my career. I conformed to it. It wasn’t a hard transition. I just had to leave my mind open to all possibilities.

“They explained it and it’s just another tool in your toolbox, it’s a different wrench in your toolbox. It’s always useful to learn different things.”

By Tuesday, it was clear Notre Dame had major interest in Hoge.

“Coach pulled me aside and said, ‘I want to take you on a tour of the school,’” Hoge recalled. “’We’re going to check you out of camp early.’ They took me on a tour of the school (Tuesday) night.

“That was actually a great experience because they showed everything to me. There was not one minor detail that was left out.”

Hoge returned to campus Wednesday morning for an academic tour.

“I talked with the academic advisors and the academic counselor, which is a good insight to show me their great academics,” he said. “All together, they showed me every nook and cranny of what the school has to offer. It speaks volumes to me.”

By Wednesday afternoon, Hoge was in Kelly’s office.

“He sat me and my parents down,” said Hoge. “We had a good conversation and he gave me the offer.

“Coach Hiestand explained to Coach Kelly that he loved my coachability, my toughness and especially my film. They discussed it, they watched the film and they watched me on the field and they were highly impressed. I stood out to them and that’s what got me the offer.”

Hoge also had the opportunity to eat lunch with several of the incoming freshman offensive linemen.

“You can always ask a player who’s been there for four years, but it’s always great to get the insight of a newcomer to see what they like of their experiences right off the bat,” said Hoge. “I thought that was really special to learn about what they liked. It was good.

“My whole experience shot to a whole new level. Notre Dame is a fantastic school. It’s really appealed to me and I love it.”

Hoge will make a trip to Stanford next month and that’ll be it for summer visits. He doesn’t have a firm timeline for a decision.

“Me and my parents are still discussing what we’re going to do,” he said. “I do have to keep lines of communication open with my parents and other coaches. It’s always going to be a family decision and right now, I don’t know if it’ll be soon.

“Either way, it’s looking like a bright future.”

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/notre-dame-football-recruiting/9458-hoge-has-nd-1

HoffVir
07-09-2013, 08:29 PM
Jake Brown ‏@Jake_Brown
2015 Pocatello (Idaho) Highland OL Tristen Hoge picked up an offer from #LSU on a visit today. @ScarboroughMike @adamgorney
8:07 PM - 9 Jul 13

Purebred Irishman
07-21-2013, 03:23 PM
http://247sports.com/Article/Goal-Oriented-Tristen-Hoge-Headed-To-US-Army-All-American-Bowl-140003

DUBLIN, Ohio – Tristen Hoge first attended the U.S. Army All-American Bowl back in seventh grade when he was an East Bay Youth All-American himself.

Being inside the Alamo Dome in San Antonio watching the nation’s top high school football players bang helmets, Hoge knew he had to end his prep career in the same fashion.

After the game, Hoge was on the field getting autographs from the players he quickly began looking up to.

“They might as well been rockstars to him,” Marty Hoge, Tristen’s father said this past weekend at the Football University Top Gun – High School Camp, held in the Columbus suburbs. “He came home and said dad I’m going to wear that uniform.”

Fast forward to the present, and the Pocatello (Idaho) Highland standout has earned the right to wear that uniform.

One of the top overall performers at the FBU Top Gun Camp, the 6-foot-5, 287-pound Hoge is one of the early selections for the 2015 U.S. Army All-American Bowl. The rising junior is rated by 247Sports as the nation’s No. 6 offensive tackle and No. 77 prospect overall in his class. Notre Dame and LSU are two of the programs to already have extended a scholarship with the Irish slightly leading the Tigers at the top of his list.

Hoge will again attend the U.S. Army All-American Bowl this year and can’t wait to suit up two Januarys from now.

“They say it perfectly,” Hoge began. “It’s the Super Bowl for high school kids. I agree. Since I was a kid, I looked up to these guys. Not just as a football player, but I’m glad to be going to the game and getting a chance to set an example for these younger kids and be able to tell them if you have a goal to strive towards it and do what it takes to achieve it.”

Everything Hoge wants to achieve, he writes it on the wall in the weight room at home. He got the idea of writing down his goals from his uncle Merrill Hoge, who played in the NFL for eight seasons after his career at Idaho State, and now works as an analyst for ESPN. Hoge’s father was a quarterback that also played at Idaho State.

“He’s a lot like his uncle Merrill,” Marty said. “His uncle Merrill had a great philosophy as a kid. Throw the goals up. I made fun of it. Everybody else made fun of it. At the end of the day he’s the one laughing.”

The younger Hoge is smiling as he is in the process of crossing things off his list. Becoming a U.S. Army All-American at one point was at the top. Other goals read, get straight a’s, score a 33 on the ACT, be a better person.

“All these little goals will lead up to big goals,” Hoge said. “I used to have a book I’d write them in. I was like why can’t I have something I look at every day before I go to sleep and when I wake up in the morning and before I walk out the door.”

Hoge has note cards he now nails to a corkboard. His day begins at 5:30 every morning and it’s the first thing he sees, and he takes one more glance before calling it a night at 9 p.m.

“He gets a 28 on the ACT the first time he takes it and it was just disappointing to him,” Marty said. “Anyone else that gets a 28, they’re off, they’re done. But him, it was like a shot in the mouth. He’s like dad I can’t wait to sign up for it and do it again.

“His level of commitment as a leader is huge,” the elder Hoge continued. “He wants to be a captain of everything. He wants to be front of the line. That’s one of his goals, just being in the front of the line. If you’re front of the line you always get seen first. Be in the front seat, he doesn’t want to be in the back. If it’s a big, huge classroom he wants to be in the front.”

As Hoge thinks about his future goals, he has starting in college and making it to the NFL written down on the board as well.

“He gets discouraged by very little,” Marty said. “Nobody can influence him other than positive influences. He picks great role models. He doesn’t tie himself to anything but what he thinks is right. He has a great mom, a fairly decent father. He just gets it. He’s a great kid.”

Other programs to offer Hoge besides Notre Dame and LSU includes Boise State, BYU, Penn State, Utah and Washington State. Besides those schools, he is hearing from just about every powerhouse from coast to coast. It was easy to see why at Top Gun as Hoge was dominant in 1-on-1 reps, most coming from the center position.

Next up for Hoge is a trip to Stanford this coming weekend. It will be his first time in Palo Alto. In the past he’s been to Notre Dame, LSU, Penn State, BYU and Utah. He is already planning to return to the Irish campus during the fall for the BYU game in late November.

“Notre Dame is number one,” Hoge said. “LSU would be a close second but Notre Dame is still at the top. They have a great coaching staff and everything there. I just felt at home at Notre Dame meeting the players and seeing the team relationships, you immediately pick up on that.”

Hoge does not have a timetable for a college decision, but didn’t rule out making one as early as the fall.

“I don’t know if I would commit on a visit,” he said. “It’s always not going to be just my decision. I’ll talk with my family about our priorities and what we’re looking for in a school.”

zimmsbg78
08-01-2013, 11:48 AM
Hoge has added verbal offers from UNC, Florida and Stanford. B&G listed an unofficial visit to ND for November 23rd (ND/BYU game) on his timeline.

Purebred Irishman
08-17-2013, 03:18 PM
http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/notre-dame-football-recruiting/9692-recruiting-week-in-review

2015 recruit Tristen Hoge, OL, 6-5, 285, Highland High School, Pocatello, ID named Notre Dame his leader quite some time ago, but after a trip to Florida earlier this month, the Irish have some company on the list.

“I’d say those two are definitely clear and away the leaders right now,” Hoge said of the Irish and the Gators.

After wanting to make a college decision before his junior season started, he’s now aiming for a postseason decision.

“I have my top schools and I’m planning on going to a couple games this fall and spending more time at Notre Dame and Florida,” he said. “Right now, I’m just assessing pros and cons, but until I spend more time there, I’m not going to be making any decision.”

The 2015 offensive lineman will visit Notre Dame for the BYU game and then return to Gainesville for the Gators’ contest with Florida State in November.

“I want to see the game atmospheres, that’s always a true experience,” said Hoge. “I’ll also get the chance to spend more time there. Once you’re at a game, you can also spend a couple more days at each school and learn a little bit more that you didn’t get during the first few days.”

zimmsbg78
10-11-2013, 10:39 AM
New highlights.........(this season)..........

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1690109/#highlights/63334376

HoffVir
12-01-2013, 07:47 PM
Blue and Gold News ‏@BGInews
Hoge Headed Back To Notre Dame: Pocatello (Idaho) Highland Top100 junior offensive lineman Tristen Hoge is rea... http://bit.ly/1cL50gK
7:14 PM - 1 Dec 13

JDriveSthND
12-01-2013, 10:27 PM
Woo hoo! Looks like another 2015 247Composite top 100 OL to ND before the 2014 season even ends. Love it! Kelly is recruiting the trenches.

zimmsbg78
12-03-2013, 10:26 AM
Blue and Gold News ‏@BGInews
Hoge Headed Back To Notre Dame: Pocatello (Idaho) Highland Top100 junior offensive lineman Tristen Hoge is rea... http://bit.ly/1cL50gK
7:14 PM - 1 Dec 13

Tristen will unofficial visit ND again this weekend (December 6th). Many ND recruitniks feel good about this visit.

JDriveSthND
12-05-2013, 10:17 AM
In Hoge's own words:

“I think it’s really come down to this, it’s my third visit. Everyone can pull it out of context for what it means, but it’s going to be a very important visit.

“That’s what I’ll say, it’s going to be very important for me and my family, especially for me. It’s going to be a big weekend.”

That sounds like a commitment's coming to me.

HoffVir
12-05-2013, 08:15 PM
In Hoge's own words:

“I think it’s really come down to this, it’s my third visit. Everyone can pull it out of context for what it means, but it’s going to be a very important visit.

“That’s what I’ll say, it’s going to be very important for me and my family, especially for me. It’s going to be a big weekend.”

That sounds like a commitment's coming to me.

Yup. On yesterday's BGIRadio podcast, Tom Loy of 247 said he thinks he'll commit on his visit. Tillery and Hoge would be a friggin fantastic start to the '15 OL class.

JDriveSthND
12-06-2013, 05:53 AM
Yup. On yesterday's BGIRadio podcast, Tom Loy of 247 said he thinks he'll commit on his visit. Tillery and Hoge would be a friggin fantastic start to the '15 OL class.

Agreed. Whatever else people may think of Kelly, he's been very committed to, and effective at, landing stellar Offensive Linemen.

Dayton_Domer
12-07-2013, 02:48 PM
Irish per ISD.

IrishGrizz
12-07-2013, 03:22 PM
That is awesome. I think he will be the 1st Idaho recruit for ND in the last century.

LOVEMYIRISH
12-07-2013, 06:06 PM
Welcome to ND!!!

Pete
12-07-2013, 06:53 PM
Great start to the '15 class. Two 4* OL and a QB the will be either a 4 or 5*

lowayne
12-08-2013, 12:02 AM
Great start to the '15 class. Two 4* OL and a QB the will be either a 4 or 5*

Early QB commits are good for recruiting too.

HoffVir
12-08-2013, 12:22 PM
Hoge Commits To Notre Dame
Steve Wiltfong
22 hours ago

Pocatello (Idaho) Highland Top100 junior offensive lineman Tristen Hoge has always been a Notre Dame man.

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/596/176/6_1176596.jpg
Hoge is the third four-star commit for the Irish already in 2015.

He made it official this weekend during his third visit to South Bend. Blue & Gold Illustrated's Tom Loy was first to report it.

Hoge first visited Notre Dame back in June and returned for the Irish’s victory over USC this fall. He was excited to return and give his verbal commitment to Brian Kelly and the coaching staff.

“When I stepped on the campus the first time I knew that’s where I wanted to be,” Hoge said. “The first couple days I was there it was surreal, the experience was everything I hoped for and more. The coaches are top-notch. It’s the best coaching staff I’ve ever met.”

Ranked by 247Sports as the nation’s top center in the class-of-2015, the 6-foot-5, 287-pound Hoge would have pulled the trigger for Notre Dame on his last visit but had prior obligations to visit Florida over Thanksgiving weekend. Besides the Gators, Hoge chose the Irish over offers from the likes of LSU, North Carolina, Stanford, California, Duke, Northwestern, Oregon State, Penn State, UCLA, Utah, Washington and Washington State.

“It’s a big decision for and it’s a huge day for me,” Hoge said. “It’s definitely a huge opportunity for me and it’s another step I’m taking.

“The campus was everything I wanted. Notre Dame is like a second home to me.”

Hoge becomes commit No. 3 for Notre Dame in the class-of-2015, joining fellow four-stars in quarterback Blake Barnett and offensive lineman Jerry Tillery.

“I’ve been in contact with Blake,” Hoge said. “We’ve been contacting each other. He’s a quality guy and it will be an honor to snap to him for four years. Also Jerry, that’s a key piece to our offensive line. He’s a quality guy from what I’ve heard so far. I definitely look forward to keeping in contact with my future teammates. One more year and we’ll be up there all together. It’s going to be a good experience.”

Hoge has already been selected to play in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl following his senior season.

http://notredame.247sports.com/Article/Tristen-Hoge-Commits-To-Notre-Dame-Fighting-Irish-164843

zimmsbg78
12-10-2013, 10:07 AM
http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/notre-dame-football-recruiting/10418-hoge-is-irish (free)

From the beginning of the recruiting process, Tristen Hoge was confident he’d find the right fit, but even the 2015 Idaho offensive lineman admits he wasn’t sure he’d find a fit as perfect as he has.

“I did and then again, I didn’t,” said Hoge, who committed to Notre Dame during an unofficial visit to campus earlier today, giving the Irish their third early pledge in the Class of 2015.

The 6-foot-5, 286-pounder from Pocatello, Idaho chose Notre Dame over offers from schools like Florida, LSU, Stanford, UCLA, Washington, North Carolina, Cal and Duke among several others.

“It separated itself from the beginning,” Hoge of Notre Dame. “It’s just so unique. Everybody can see that it’s so unique, but it’s the reasons why and exactly why.

“What stood out to me were the values they hold at the school and that are a true reflection of me. The values they hold are the values that I hold in everyday life, which is definitely step number one.”

Education was always going to play a major role in Hoge’s decision and Notre Dame checked that box.

“The academics speak for itself truly,” he said. “That’s number one on my board, academics. How’s it going to suit me? It suits me perfectly.”

The coaching staff was also a priority on his list and that was another area were the Irish topped the list, according to Hoge.

“The coaches are some of the most swell and tremendous people I’ll ever meet,” he said. “They’re the best coaching staff I ever met. They’re true, they’re real. They’re not into the hype and that’s what I like. I like a coach that’ll be straight up with me. That’s why I like from Coach (Harry) Hiestand, Coach (Brian) Kelly and all of the coaches. It’s been good getting to know them these past few months.”

The Highland High School star also wanted to get a feel for what the other players on the team were like and he was able to do that in South Bend.

“After the last visit when I got to spend some time with the players, that was definitely huge for me,” he said. “A key moment for me was knowing the players and knowing who they are on and off the field. I know they’re the type of guys that I would hang out with.

“Off the field, they’re people everybody can relate to. They’re gentlemen off the field. They’ll get their noses in the dirt on the field, but it’s off the field where you’ll spend a lot of time together. They’ll be good friends as well as teammates.”

The environment also played a crucial role.

“I always said location would never matter to me, but deep down, I kind of knew it would,” Hoge admitted. “I never thought I would ever fit in Florida and I honestly wouldn’t, it’s a huge jump for me.

“Distance doesn’t matter. Notre Dame is just like a second home. South Bend is like a second home. It’s a complete reflection of what Pocatello, Idaho; weather-wise, the geographics of it. It’s the same. I feel comfortable and at home there.”

Hoge acknowledged that all even his visits to other schools only served to boost Notre Dame in his mind.

“They helped me tremendously,” he said. “It really speaks volumes of Notre Dame how it slowly moved to the top and put itself above and away from all of the other colleges that I’ve seen. That’s definitely been the best.”

Hoge is excited to join fellow offensive lineman Jerry Tillery and quarterback Blake Barnett to give the Irish a great start with the current junior class.

“I’ve been in contact with Blake,” Hoge said. “Last weekend, we were exchanging text messages and stuff. He’s definitely a swell kid. He’s definitely somebody I’d want to snap to for the next four years.

“It’s also a great start to the Class of 2015, especially with Jerry. We have a tremendous start and it can only get better from here.”

HoffVir
01-04-2014, 04:40 PM
Tristen Hoge ‏@HogeTristen
Honored and blessed to be a 2015 US Army All American. pic.twitter.com/vwHHdH79b5
4:30 PM - 4 Jan 14

The Turning Point ‏@TheIrishTP
2015 OL commit Tristen Hoge named Top 5 Offensive Player at the US Army AA combine.

#ShamrockSoldier15 pic.twitter.com/2xfrPqqNdY
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BdKn4OrCYAA0YLI.jpg
4:33 PM - 4 Jan 14

HoffVir
01-25-2014, 01:35 PM
Retweeted by Eric Hansen
Martin ‏@martyhoge
Hate to see all these de-commitments going on in college football!! My son will always be a man of his word!#irishcommitedforlife
1:25 PM - 25 Jan 2014

Domer Dog
01-25-2014, 02:17 PM
Love to see these types of comments by a parent. It really shows they are trying to instill the right message.

zimmsbg78
03-19-2014, 09:52 AM
Tristen has plans to attend the Blue & Gold game on April 12th.

Purebred Irishman
06-03-2014, 04:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQRN4dKXvgA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7PD2YlljkM

zimmsbg78
07-10-2014, 11:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArXuqqdKIQo&feature=player_detailpage

zimmsbg78
09-11-2014, 11:01 AM
https://www.irishsportsdaily.com/2014/09/08/32204/ (free)

Tristen Hoge didn’t need a reason to work harder, but the 2015 Notre Dame offensive line commit found one after witnessing the Irish’s 31-0 smackdown of Michigan in South Bend on Saturday night.

“Seeing them do that makes me really want to work harder to be on par with these guys,” the Idaho native said. “It’s such an elite group and they’ve done so well so far. I just can’t wait to be here to start doing big things.”

Hoge enjoyed his latest return to campus.

“It was a great night,” he said. “It’s not every day you can shut out Michigan 31-0.”

Hoge had the opportunity to reconnect with his future position coach, Irish offensive line coach Harry Hiestand while in town.

“I got to talk to him a little bit before, but not too much,” Hoge said of Hiestand. “They were definitely focused on everything they were doing.”

The future Army All-American saw a fired up coaching staff in the aftermath of the victory.

“They were definitely very happy, any coach would be,” he said. “It was a huge for them. This boosts them up.”

The atmosphere inside of Notre Dame Stadium on Saturday night was impressive to just about everyone inside.

“It was ecstatic,” Hoge agreed. “There was so much going on. It’s a great atmosphere. I’m pretty sure everybody around me, like the recruits, felt the same way I felt. It was astounding.”

On Sunday, Hoge and some of the other recruits still in town had the chance to relax and have some fun at head coach Brian Kelly’s lake house.

“That was great,” Hoge said. “That lake house is definitely a beautiful place to be. Everybody had tons of fun riding Jet Skis and stuff like that. Everybody had a great time.”

Hoge had opportunities to spend time with all three uncommitted prospects on official visits – Florida linebacker Te’von Coney, Texas running back Soso Jamabo and Utah linebacker Porter Gustin – and feels each one had a great time.

“Absolutely,” Hoge said of pitching each on Notre Dame.

“I think we have a great chance getting them on the team. They really enjoyed themselves and I think they loved the atmosphere.”

FONZIE993
12-04-2014, 05:48 PM
Signed his grant in aid agreement today.

Jiggafini19
12-04-2014, 06:01 PM
Also named Idaho Gatorade Player of the Year.

I know of one man that approves of this message:

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/ac1394dbdcca6a36cbf486633b129cd813095ac3/r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/USATODAY/gameon/2012/10/13/2012-10-13-weiss-4_3.jpg

HoffVir
02-03-2015, 06:59 PM
http://youtu.be/Jp2yd3HwqdM