PDA

View Full Version : 2008

IrishR#1
03-17-2008, 01:58 PM
Does anyone know of an early schedule or at least some nonconference opponents we will play? I really hope Brey schedules a tough nonconference schedule. The Irish will be ranked high coming into next year. I'd like to see us play some marquee matchups.

IrishR#1
03-17-2008, 02:01 PM
Well, I guess the Maui Invitational will be a good measuring stick of how good we will be next year. Here are the teams in it besides ND.

Indiana, North Carolina, Alabama, Texas, St. Joes, Oregon, and Chaminade. Wowzers. That is going to be crazy tough.

Sureal
03-17-2008, 02:13 PM
Indiana won't be that good. I'm thinking Eric Gordon and DJ White leaves. Carolina will be loaded. If Hansborough leaves then his advisors need to be shot. He has a good college game. He tries to pull some of this "muscle-ball" crap in the NBA... He'll be in the NBDL...

Texas will be decent and Oregon will be good. ND is the best team in the field. No question that the Irish will be a top 5 team coming into next year.

The Big East is going to be crazy next year. I mean CRAZY. You got Louisville, ND, UCONN, Syracuse and Georgetown that will be in the top 15 in no particular order. Georgetown got one of the top centers coming in so don't cry for them too much when Hibbert leaves. They also got most of their other bigs coming in. G-Town is back to reloading. Syracuse is going to be better next year. Injuries killed that team. Watch out for Pitt as well. It's going to be sick...

daytonirish
03-17-2008, 02:31 PM
A top 5 coming into next season. That would be outstanding. I don't we will be that high in the preseason polls. But I definetly think the talent is there for them to make a major run next yr.

Sureal
03-17-2008, 02:41 PM
You maybe right but if they are not top ten then the pollsters need to quit.

daytonirish
03-17-2008, 02:44 PM
Don't get me wrong Sureal I love your predictions. It is just that after this past football season, I'm trying to be a little more pessimistic about our team goals. :bigsmile:

Fishin'_Irish
03-17-2008, 03:25 PM
Assuming we have no early entries to the draft, we get everyone back. Losing nobody from a seven loss team sounds pretty promising, doesn't it? Chances are that our schedule will be more difficult next year, but good things from the team will obviously still be expected. And whether we/you agree with it or not, what ND does in the NCAA's will factor into our preseason ranking.

daytonirish
03-17-2008, 03:26 PM
I agree!!!!!!!!!

IrishR#1
03-17-2008, 04:49 PM
I'd say the current top 5 has to include Notre Dame, Duke, Stanford, UNC only if either Lawson or Ellington stay, UConn, and Purdue if Lawson and Ellington goes pro.

IrishR#1
03-17-2008, 04:51 PM
If Ellington and/or Lawson stay

1. UNC
2. Duke
3. UConn
4. Notre Dame
5. Stanford

If Ellington and Lawson go

1. Duke
2. UConn
3. Notre Dame
4. Stanford
5. Purdue
6. UNC

IrishR#1
03-17-2008, 05:44 PM
My very early top 25 while assuming some players stay and some go.

1. North Carolina
2. Duke
3. UConn
4. Notre Dame
5. Stanford
6. Purdue
7. Kansas
8. Pittsburgh
9. Marquette
10. Michigan State
11. Baylor
12. Syracuse
13. Gonzaga
14. Mississippi State
15. BYU
16. Syracuse
17. Miami (Fla.)
18. UNLV
19. St. Mary's
20. Kentucky
21. Davidson
22. West Virginia
23. Tennessee
24. Georgetown
25. Texas

ALLND62
03-18-2008, 02:20 PM
Assuming we have no early entries to the draft, we get everyone back. Losing nobody from a seven loss team sounds pretty promising, doesn't it? Chances are that our schedule will be more difficult next year, but good things from the team will obviously still be expected. And whether we/you agree with it or not, what ND does in the NCAA's will factor into our preseason ranking.

Fishin' I believe we lose Kurz.