PDA

View Full Version : ’09 IL OG Chris Watt (7/13/08 Notre Dame LOI)

Pages : [1] 2

irishunclebill
02-18-2008, 01:26 PM
Offensive Guard
Glenbard West High School ( http://www.glenbardwesths.org/ ) (Glen Ellyn, IL)

Links of Interest:
Rivals Profile (http://notredame.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=73416)

Height: 6 foot-4
Weight: 270 lbs.

Combine
Forty:
Bench Reps:
Bench Max:
Squat Max:
Shuttle:
Vertical:
GPA:

Star Ratings
Rivals.com: ****
Scout.com: *****

Rankings & Accolades
Rivals 100 #46/ #2 Offensive Guard
Scout 100 #46/ #2 Offensive Guard
ESPN 150 #68/ #5 Offensive Guard
2007- All Conference and All Area

Statistics
2006-
2007-

Schools of Interest
Arizona
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Minnesota
Michigan State
Northwestern
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Purdue

Multimedia

irishunclebill
Chris Watt

http://i28.tinypic.com/31339dd.jpg

irishunclebill
Chris Watt has lots of early offers. All of the Big Ten schools on his list have already offered, including Northwestern, where Chris’s older brother plays on the Defensive Line. In fact ND is his only school of interest that has not offered. Watt has already been on the ND campus for the 2007 Duke game, and is a possible visitor for the 2/24 ND Junior Day. If he shows up, it is likely that he would also pick up an Irish offer.

irishunclebill
02-18-2008, 01:58 PM
Watt has confirmed that he will be at the 2/24 ND Junior Day.

IrishKnight1023
02-18-2008, 02:52 PM
Has he said anything positive about ND to lead you to beleive that we have a real shot at landing him besides that he's listing us without an offer?

irishunclebill
02-18-2008, 02:56 PM
Has he said anything positive about ND to lead you to beleive that we have a real shot at landing him besides that he's listing us without an offer?

Nope. Watt is going to be a tough pull, but ND is not even in the game unless they offer him. On the bright side, this will be his second unofficial visit as a Junior, which is always a plus.

Just to clarify, I did not say that ND has a real shot here, only that if he visits for Junior Day he is a good candidate to get an offer.

irishunclebill
02-24-2008, 01:35 PM
Chris Watt is offer #26, and the first OG offered.

irishunclebill
03-12-2008, 02:32 PM
Profile Updated with Scout 300 Ranking , Scout Position Ranking, and Scout Star Rating.

Sure fire OG prospects are hard to come by, that is why Watt who is only ranked #132 overall by Scout and is not in the Rivals 100 either has a boatload of offers.

daytonirish
03-15-2008, 09:00 AM
Sounds like this kid may be hard to get away from Zook. Grew up a big Illini fan and his mom went there also.

irishunclebill
03-15-2008, 11:57 AM
Sounds like this kid may be hard to get away from Zook. Grew up a big Illini fan and his mom went there also.

Illinois and Northwestern are both going to be tough to beat here. It all depends on how Watt looks at the mix of academics and football. If he is purely in it for football, Illinois wins out. If he is purely in it for academics, Northwestern could win out because his brother is already on the team, if he is looking for the best combination of academics and football in the country, we all know that the only answer there is Notre Dame.

On that subject, Fredo is probably #2 in that category right now because of the success of their program over the last 5 years. However, no matter how much they win they will never really compete with ND because of a total lack of tradition in their program and one of the worst fan bases in the nation. Watch out for Stanford to replace Fredo as #2 in this category as Harbaugh is a very aggressive recruiter and a high achiever who is already starting to compete with ND for the best academic athletes in the country.

napoleonbuck
03-15-2008, 01:01 PM
Ohio State actually looks to be a player here as well, probably more so than Illinois at this point from what I've heard. I believe he and Garrett Goebel are friends and Goebel's uncle is going to help him with recruiting. By no means a lean, but I think Ohio State likes where they stand at this point.

Svoboda
03-15-2008, 01:15 PM
Watt is coming back for Notre Dames 2nd junior day. As you remember, he was present for the first one last month, as that is when he picked up his offer. Coming to both junior days tells me he has legit interest in the Irish.

He also came to the ND/Duke game last year.

irishunclebill
03-18-2008, 05:47 PM
You could see this one coming as well, Watt is now a member of the Rivals 100, entering at #60, the second biggest jump into the R100 of any recruit with a GH profile.

IrishGrizz
03-18-2008, 05:51 PM
Nice, for a change, it seems that we show alot of interest and they actually rise in the rankings!!:cheer:

irishunclebill
03-20-2008, 05:28 PM
Watt is now the #1 OG on the Rivals board and the #5 OL overall.

irishunclebill
03-25-2008, 11:14 AM
Watt is now saying that ND is recruiting him the hardest and his interest in Notre Dame appears to be growing. With his recent surge on the recruiting boards, (now the #1 OG on the Rivals board and #3 OG on the Scout board) I have a feeling that the chances for Northwestern & Illinois getting Watt are starting to fade. However, he also has stated that he wants to stay in the Midwest, and this one looks like it will be another ND/OSU battle with possibly Michigan included as well. Indications are that ND & Ohio State are probably neck and neck right now, with Watt making a choice in the summer.

SoCalDomer
03-25-2008, 11:21 AM
can't go wrong with more OL

SoCalDomer
03-25-2008, 12:43 PM
Chris Watt plans to narrow down his choices soon and would like to make a commitment before the start of his senior season. "I'd like to have a top five in April, maybe May at the latest," Watt said. "I want to focus on my senior season, so I'd like to decide before then. The main things I will be looking for is to make sure that I get along with the coaches and the players..."

free article on scout: http://notredame.scout.com/a.z?s=109&p=2&c=740343

irishunclebill
03-25-2008, 01:18 PM
Watt is supposed to be a Power Hour guest tonight.

IrishKnight1023
03-25-2008, 03:35 PM
free article on scout: http://notredame.scout.com/a.z?s=109&p=2&c=740343

I like Weis working the Bon Jovi angle....Jerseyyy

IrishKnight1023
03-31-2008, 11:07 AM
http://notredame.scout.com/a.z?s=109&p=2&c=742128

“We had a good talk,” Watt said. “I got some questions answered, like what are the hardest things to deal with coming in your freshman year, and basic questions like that. He talked about his experiences with Tom Brady a little bit. He also talked about his experiences as a Notre Dame student.”

rontdtarchala
03-31-2008, 12:06 PM
get this kid!!!

daytonirish
03-31-2008, 12:14 PM
I think he will end up Irish. Has a buddy on the Irish baseball team, who has also invited Watts to ND so he can show him around and also get to spend time with the football players.

loweND
04-14-2008, 11:12 PM
According to "Irish Insights" he and Budmayr were at practice today. That sounds like good news.

NDgrandson
04-14-2008, 11:43 PM
Momentum is picking up.

IrishKnight1023
04-15-2008, 01:04 AM
I have to beleive we're gonna be in the final 2 when he picks because he's always here. Prob. will be between us and O$U with maybe Illinois as a 3rd.

IrishGrizz
04-15-2008, 11:03 AM
Man this is some good news coming from him the last month. Wouldn't it be great to see him commit soon this spring- before the summer rush!

daytonirish
04-15-2008, 11:59 AM
He has already stated that he will make a cut in May sometime. I don't think we'll see a commit to soon. But I could be wrong. I'm told I was wrong once before.

IrishGrizz
04-15-2008, 12:04 PM
The only time I was wrong, was once when i thought I was wrong, but I was right. :rofl:

IrishKnight1023
04-24-2008, 02:47 AM
There is a poster on Buckeyeplanet that is related to Garrett Goebel and he is truely an annoying poster who likes to slam ND in every post. He seems bitter by the late offer for Garrett last year as a reason why he didn't choose us, but points to the fact that our staff constantly pressured him to commit. Take into account that at the time we had Newman, Hafis, Omar, Cwynar, and maybe Ethan on the way all committed at the time and his spot was going to be filled if he didn't choose us soon but that's never mentioned. He seems to assume we are badgering Watt (in his own opinion and not once did Watt accually say anything of the kind) and in the end good (sweatervest) will rise against evil (Weis). I just wanted to point this out because it is almost disgusting reading his posts with all the bitterness towards ND even though he tries to hide it.

The New Louis
04-24-2008, 07:12 AM
sounds like a real a sweater vest loving buckeye buttboy

domehead1
04-24-2008, 07:36 AM
There is a poster on Buckeyeplanet that is related to Garrett Goebel and he is truely an annoying poster who likes to slam ND in every post. He seems bitter by the late offer for Garrett last year as a reason why he didn't choose us, but points to the fact that our staff constantly pressured him to commit. Take into account that at the time we had Newman, Hafis, Omar, Cwynar, and maybe Ethan on the way all committed at the time and his spot was going to be filled if he didn't choose us soon but that's never mentioned. He seems to assume we are badgering Watt (in his own opinion and not once did Watt accually say anything of the kind) and in the end good (sweatervest) will rise against evil (Weis). I just wanted to point this out because it is almost disgusting reading his posts with all the bitterness towards ND even though he tries to hide it.

Hopefully this cat never has to stand trial in the court of Domehead...

Akron Irish
04-24-2008, 10:00 AM
He's a prototypical Buckeye fan... nuff said

smw6230
04-24-2008, 12:36 PM

While I agree with the assesment that XPUNISHR has an axe to grind with ND over their belated recruitment of Garrett Goebel, if you read between the lines of that post he thinks ND probably leads for Watt.

His statement of "give them (ND) time to cut their own throats" is a basic statement of him counting on ND to implode. If OSU was leading he wouldn't care if ND imploded or not.

XPUNISHR also fails to grasp one of the basic concepts of recruiting. Recruiting is musical chairs and each school has only a set number of positional chairs. Once chairs start to fill up pressure is naturally brought to bear upon prospects as schools pair down their lists and recruits realize that if they wait there may not be a seat availiable for them.

To this end looking at OSU and ND's recent OL recruiting I'd be willing to bet that if Watt is feeling any pressure at all it's from OSU as they took a bunch of OL last year and they already have 2 kids in the fold this year not including Boren.

Meanwhile ND wants to take two interior guards and to date nobody has pledged.

Frankly there is no earthly reason for ND to pressure Watt. They want him, they have room, and they haven't offered more than 2 other guys at his position. Thus he has time.

At OSU the window for OL is contracting as they are probably nearing the point where they've filled their quota of OL for this two year cycle.

Finally I've heard that the ND staff feels very good about Watt.

Svoboda
04-24-2008, 12:41 PM
Nice post smw... thanks for sharing.

daytonirish
04-24-2008, 01:07 PM
IK you should know by now that except for a very few. Most bucknuts think every kid they offer is going to commit. I'm just glad that Napolean seems to be level headed for the most part when talking recruiting. I'm glad to here the staff feels good about Watt.

Akron Irish
04-24-2008, 03:31 PM
While I agree with the assesment that XPUNISHR has an axe to grind with ND over their belated recruitment of Garrett Goebel, if you read between the lines of that post he thinks ND probably leads for Watt.

His statement of "give them (ND) time to cut their own throats" is a basic statement of him counting on ND to implode. If OSU was leading he wouldn't care if ND imploded or not.

XPUNISHR also fails to grasp one of the basic concepts of recruiting. Recruiting is musical chairs and each school has only a set number of positional chairs. Once chairs start to fill up pressure is naturally brought to bear upon prospects as schools pair down their lists and recruits realize that if they wait there may not be a seat availiable for them.

To this end looking at OSU and ND's recent OL recruiting I'd be willing to bet that if Watt is feeling any pressure at all it's from OSU as they took a bunch of OL last year and they already have 2 kids in the fold this year not including Boren.

Meanwhile ND wants to take two interior guards and to date nobody has pledged.

Frankly there is no earthly reason for ND to pressure Watt. They want him, they have room, and they haven't offered more than 2 other guys at his position. Thus he has time.

At OSU the window for OL is contracting as they are probably nearing the point where they've filled their quota of OL for this two year cycle.

Finally I've heard that the ND staff feels very good about Watt.

Thanks for the info XPUNISHR, I mean SMW

Axl Rose
04-24-2008, 04:11 PM

LOL, what a little baby. Is he the same kid that was trashing Cwynar because he won Illinois Mr Football? I remember I saw a certain poster campaigning all the posters on suckeyeplanet to vote for Goebel in some Chicago website poll on who should be Mr football. He also alleged that Cwynar was cocky and a trash talker, which is funny cause everyone that has met Cwynar has said he is a humble kid not to mention an honor student. WHat was funny was that there were people saying Goebel dominated Cwynar cause Cwynar only had two tackles, yet Goebel had 1! LOL, and his team lost.

Really goes to show you how low the Goebel family can go. Perfect for O$U though.

Dayton_Domer
04-24-2008, 04:19 PM
Lets keep the trashing of recruits to a minimum - no matter how hard it is, we should avoid this.

Remember - recruits do actively read message boards and ND has lost recruits in the past because of message board talk.

notredomer23
04-24-2008, 04:26 PM
Lets keep the trashing of recruits to a minimum - no matter how hard it is, we should avoid this.

Remember - recruits do actively read message boards and ND has lost recruits in the past because of message board talk.

yeah i agree with you and all, but wasnt it maurice clarrett we lost out on because of that? not neccasarly a bad thing looking back. Or was it another OSU RB we lost out on cuz of that?

But either way we shouldnt be trashing, unless of course it is Big O, or Vanilla Ice.

napoleonbuck
04-24-2008, 05:09 PM
XPUNISHR is exuberant, sometimes a little too much.

That's all I'll say.

marv81s
04-24-2008, 05:28 PM
that is all that needs to be said

daytonirish
04-24-2008, 06:16 PM
I agree we should never trash recruits. Just say good bye and we move on. I would rather they make a commitment and stick to it. But hey alot of adults can't even do that.

Dayton_Domer
04-24-2008, 09:12 PM
yeah i agree with you and all, but wasnt it maurice clarrett we lost out on because of that? not neccasarly a bad thing looking back. Or was it another OSU RB we lost out on cuz of that?

But either way we shouldnt be trashing, unless of course it is Big O, or Vanilla Ice.

Agree with you on MoClar, but ND lost Lydell Ross to tOSU...

Dayton_Domer
04-24-2008, 09:13 PM
I agree we should never trash recruits. Just say good bye and we move on. I would rather they make a commitment and stick to it. But hey alot of adults can't even do that.

Thanks for getting my back, my Dayton brother.

daytonirish
04-24-2008, 09:30 PM
Us Dayton folks just make real solid sense

Dayton_Domer
04-25-2008, 09:03 AM
Right, but you should consider changing that UC logo to this logo....http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c1/DaytonFlyers.png/180px-DaytonFlyers.png

daytonirish
04-25-2008, 09:53 AM
My mentor stoney gave me that avatar.

IrishCalves
04-28-2008, 12:24 AM
After reading articles and comments from those in the know from NU, ND, and OSU, I'm starting to feel good about Watt. Its not over, but it sounds like he's seen enough of college campuses, and wants to get down to the business of trimming his list and deciding.

BDirish4ever
04-28-2008, 05:41 PM
:pray:
After reading articles and comments from those in the know from NU, ND, and OSU, I'm starting to feel good about Watt. Its not over, but it sounds like he's seen enough of college campuses, and wants to get down to the business of trimming his list and deciding.

:pray:Oh merciful Lord, let it be ND, please...please, please PLEASE let it be us! Amen!:pray:

napoleonbuck
04-28-2008, 06:46 PM
I posted this in Linsley's thread, but I'll post it here too.

IMO, I think getting Linsley may mean we're done with interior linemen. Watt is an elite lineman, and I'm sure if he wanted to go to Ohio State, the coaches would try and find a way to fit him in the class, but as of right now we have three interior positions filled in this class, one of whom will in all likelihood be a two year starter a year from now. The coaches love Mewhort as an athletic guard, and Linsley is just a mauler whose very similar to Watt IMO(maybe even better).

I'd love to see Watt come to Ohio State, but I just don't see us taking four interior linemen in one year.

KamaraPolice
04-28-2008, 07:04 PM

IMO, I think getting Linsley may mean we're done with interior linemen. Watt is an elite lineman, and I'm sure if he wanted to go to Ohio State, the coaches would try and find a way to fit him in the class, but as of right now we have three interior positions filled in this class, one of whom will in all likelihood be a two year starter a year from now. The coaches love Mewhort as an athletic guard, and Linsley is just a mauler whose very similar to Watt IMO(maybe even better).

I'd love to see Watt come to Ohio State, but I just don't see us taking four interior linemen in one year.

Other than maybe USC, I don't know if anyone is going to have a better offensive line than OSU in the coming years.

Svoboda
04-28-2008, 07:15 PM

Makes sense? Who else is interior aside from Mewhort and Linsley? Who would make three to make Watt four?

daytonirish
04-28-2008, 07:32 PM
I believe that would be the transfer from scUM Boren he is talking about.

IrishR#1
04-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Other than maybe USC, I don't know if anyone is going to have a better offensive line than OSU in the coming years.

If we can get Nixon and Shrive in two years we will be in that conversation as well.

BuckeyeFozy
04-29-2008, 08:34 PM
I’d love for OSU to get him but I’d say ND is in the drivers seat right now. But with us just singing Linsley and hopefully Marcus Hall soon to follow our remaining scholarships are probable best used on other positions.

GO BUCKS!

daytonirish
04-29-2008, 08:41 PM
Agree with the point that you guys getting commits from Linsley and Boren we have a great shot with him.

IrishR#1
04-29-2008, 09:40 PM
Watt would be a big pickup. Of course, any addition to the offensive line is big. Depth at offensive line may be more important than depth at any other position besides possibly wide receiver or cornerback.

irishunclebill
05-08-2008, 11:20 AM
Profile Updated to reflect latest Rivals & Scout rankings.

Watt continues to climb up both boards, moving up more than 80 slots on Scout. He is now just outside the Top 50 on Rivals & Scout.

IrishGrizz
05-08-2008, 01:38 PM
I feel him turning Irish.

stew654
05-09-2008, 08:37 PM
Watt Likes OSU, Has Cuts On The Horizon Premium Story

By Jeff Svoboda
BuckeyeSports.com

Can that be the same boda?? reporting for buckeyesports???

http://notredame.scout.com/a.z?s=109&p=2&c=753562&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fnotredame.scout.com%2fa. z%3fs%3d109%26p%3d2%26c%3d753562

I thought the bucks were out of space on there line and watt was gonna fall our way

IrishR#1
05-10-2008, 11:28 AM
He may like Ohio State, but does Ohio State like him. We could be his fallback choice, which I would be fine with.

daytonirish
05-10-2008, 01:26 PM
It's not that big of news that Watt likes tOSU. And as far as narrowing his choices he said that he was going to do that he would be looking to do that around this time.

notredomer23
05-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Nothing like taking a recruit from sweatervest

napoleonbuck
05-10-2008, 03:25 PM
He may like Ohio State, but does Ohio State like him. We could be his fallback choice, which I would be fine with.

Ohio State definitely likes him. I hope my post didn't give anyone the idea we wouldn't take his commitment. I'm positive we'd take him if he wanted to come here. The numbers are tight, but there's definitely room for elite prospects, which is what Watt has shown himself to be.

Watt is a player you take no matter what IMO. He's that good, and whoever gets him will get a great collegiate guard.

marv81s
05-11-2008, 04:10 PM
After osu's last o-lineman commit, I think Watt to osu became less of a possibility.

I think it is now between ND and Northwestern for Watt. Watt isn't a gimmie here, so don't underestimate Northwestern.

napoleonbuck
05-11-2008, 09:48 PM
I will say this, Ohio State hasn't stopped recruiting Watt. The coaches aren't acting like they're done with interior linemen. Just a FWIW.

SoCalDomer
05-12-2008, 12:39 AM
I will say this, Ohio State hasn't stopped recruiting Watt. The coaches aren't acting like they're done with interior linemen. Just a FWIW.

That's probably just prudence; the possiblity that they end up getting him when maybe they don't absolutely need him outweighs the possibility that they lose an OL recruit, and by giving up on Watt, they lose him. The worst that could happen by continuing to work it is they get a great OL recruit. The worst that could happen if they stop recruiting him is one of their verbals changes his mind, and since OSU stopped recruiting Watt, they lose him too.

irishunclebill
05-20-2008, 11:51 AM
Watt is supposed to be naming a Top 5 shortly, but has already stated that ND will be in that list.

IrishKnight1023
05-23-2008, 04:57 PM
What role is Garrett Goebel's uncle playing in your recruitment and is there any pressure from him to go to OSU?
I havn't really talked with him in about 2 months, so I havn't experienced any pressure from him lately

haha that's pretty funny. The guy obviously likes to try and feel important. They probably asked him how to handle the process at first, but now he's no longer needed.....but don't tell him that. He hasn't even talked to him in two months but has random updates trying to slam ND and praise sweatervest for not being the antichrist.

http://www.buckeyeplanet.com/forum/football-recruiting/604764-09-il-ol-chris-watt-official-offer-8.html

daytonirish
05-23-2008, 07:23 PM
Yeah hedidn't seem to hgappy about that statement from Chris.

wyatt
05-24-2008, 01:52 PM
People like this are a poison in the recruiting process- parents or relatives who try to hog the limelight for themselves, pretending to offer "guidance" to these kids.

Anyway here are this dimwit's comments on the Goebbel recruitment and on Watt(for what they are worth)

http://www.buckeyeplanet.com/forum/football-recruiting/604764-09-il-ol-chris-watt-official-offer-8.html

Yes I get the impression CW's father is a ND fan. But remember that his father did not join Chris @ 1st visit to OSU. He will join Chris on 2nd visit some time in next 60 days. Chris is similar to Garrett in terms of humble and a young man of few words (which is why I wanted to assist him any way possible) Every prospect has different issues that have priority when making their final decision and I respect that in Chris.!!!

In Garrett's case he (Garrett) desires to have a great chance of playing for a NATIONAL CHAMPION!!! As well as practicing with outstanding competition each day...a challenge he savors.

This may or may not be as big a factor in Chris's decision......time will tell.

I would like to clarify one point regarding why Chris Watt (& family) requested my assistance in helping to manage his recruiting process. Due to my familiarity with numerous programs / recruiting coordinators as a result of managing my nephew Garrett Goebel as well as a former teamate of Watt's they (the Watt family) realized that it can only benefit the recruit to NOT PUT THIS ENTIRE RESPONSIBILITY ON High School Head coaches. Fortunately for Chris, Coach Hetlet has done an awesome job getting Chris recruited. After OSU offerred Chris I realized that in all fairness to the Watt's I HAVE TO BE OBJECTIVE AND NOT ATTEMPT TO PERSUADE HIM TO BECOME A BUCKEYE.

Also having been familiar with the Buckeye's recruiting if I was to pressure Chris I would be working against OSU's low key approach.

Overall my involvement in Chris Watt's recruiting is VERY SIMILAR to Garrett Goebel's.....sending out his film, following up to make sure film is viewed..THE REST SELL'S ITSELF DUE TO THE RECRUITS SUPERB ABILITIES!!!

For those of you who followed Garrett Goebel's recruiting journey may recall that the last school Garrett visited was U of MICHIGAN. However at that time (July) Garrett was already 95% sure that the Buckeyes were the "perfect fit" for him. Since MICHIGAN was late to offer Garrett he did not even want to look into their offer. As a reputable program & to ensure no regrets I ENCOURAGED GARRETT VISIT THERE......I knew it was a mute point though as Garrett's heart was with Buckeyes for months prior. But you must leave "no stone unturned" in today's complex recruiting environment.

I feel that once Watt makes a second visit his mind will be close to a final decision......IMO

napoleonbuck
05-24-2008, 02:38 PM
What's poisonous about what he's doing? Everything he said there is just promoting Watt and putting no pressure on him to go anywhere. The only reason he joined the Ohio State board was because he knew Garrett was leaning to Ohio State. He doesn't have any ties to the program and he isn't pushing kids towards the program. He helped when asked.

What's so bad about that?

No doubt he's exuberant, but he's hardly poisonous.

SouthernIrish
05-24-2008, 03:54 PM
The guy sounds like a total douche. He professes how wonderful a person he is by "helping" these pooor young men who would be lost without him and his extensive experience. The guy is totally pushing OSU, "National Championship BS?" WTF! OSU is a good team but didn't they get their ASSES handed to them in the last 2 NC games? ah, yeah. Good to get there but you actually need to win the game b/c they put up banners saying "CAME IN 2ND". Last time I check ND wasn't too bad a football program with the exception of 1 year and I don't see that happening again anytime soon. This isn't directed so much at OSU as this asshole.

The Jester
05-24-2008, 05:30 PM
What's poisonous about what he's doing? Everything he said there is just promoting Watt and putting no pressure on him to go anywhere. The only reason he joined the Ohio State board was because he knew Garrett was leaning to Ohio State. He doesn't have any ties to the program and he isn't pushing kids towards the program. He helped when asked.

Poisonous isn't a good word to describe the poster in question. The word exuberant doesn't seem to fit, either. Based on my limited readings of his posts, I can only think of one term to describe the poster known as XPUNIHER; Self-promoting. Why else would he post about his supposed role in both the Gobel and the Watt recruitments on an Ohio State forum?

His posts scream, "Look at me! I'm guiding these great young men (in a totally unbiased manner, of course) into the best decision for them, and that decision is going to be Ohio State.". While he doesn't directly ask for it, XPUNISHER is just begging to be thanked for his good deeds, and he therefore only brings them up around Ohio State fans. If his only concern was his "client" (what does he call their relationship?), the poster wouldn't reveal his relationship to said client, let alone his thought process or how close he is to committing to a certain school (i.e. the "one more visit" comment).

His response to Watt's revealing they had not talked in two months was hilarious. His role was to get film to coaches and make sure they watch them? First off, the implication that he is the one bringing attention to Watt, an elite high school athlete, shows that he is either deluded or assumes everyone else is dumb enough to believe it. Secondly, I believe that high school coaches do this type of thing fairly early in the careers of those who definitely have a future at the next level, like Watt. This guy just wants to be praised for helping good young men choose Ohio State, plain and simple.

To conclude, this guy is the worst type of poster, and I'm grateful we have no posters of his kind at Gold Helmet.

Axl Rose
05-24-2008, 05:37 PM

Dude, I went back and read some of his posts and to me he seems like a real slim ball. First off he trashed our recruit Cwynar, called him overrated, cocky, and inferior to Goebel after Cwynar won Illinois Mr Football over Goebel and Filer. He made up some story about Cwynar taking trash to Goebel over the internet, which is the biggest pile of BS I ever heard. Cwynar is one of the nicest young men around, an honor student, and had nothing but complimentary things to say about all the finalists for Illionis player of the year. In fact heres his quote

“I wasn’t expecting to win it,” Cwynar said. “It was cool. It’s a real big trophy. Those guys were two real good players. Just to be nominated as one of top three players, when you look at all the all-state players around the state, 20 in each class, was an honor. To be Player of the Year is just awesome.”

Yeah, that Sean Cwynar what a bastard huh. And then Mr. Goebel alleges Cwynar won only cause there was a ND bias involved, and finally to top it off he organizes a internet campaign to get as many votes for Goebel and trash Cwynar on a Chicago website poll.

Second of all he goes on and on about Goebel not being arrogant, then at the same time says Goebel never seriously considered Michigan cause they offered him to late and he felt slighted. I don't know the kid but if this is true I would say its pretty arrogant.

His best posts though are when Goebels team loses a game or Goebel himself loses a wrestling match, you never seen a guy make so many excuses. He makes it seem like the refs are on the take when ever the result aren't in his favor.

Again I can go on and on, but I just hope Watt's doesn't listen to this guy, I hope he takes in to consideration his own feelings and his families when making a decision cause they're the ones that have his best interest in mind.

napoleonbuck
05-24-2008, 07:38 PM
I never denied he doesn't like the attention, but there hasn't been any evidence of him pushing anyone towards OSU. Watt said he hasn't pushed and Goebel said he wasn't pushed by his uncle(like I said, he didn't go to Buckeyeplanet until it became apparent that OSU lead for Ohio State). Again, no ties to OSU and no evidence of him pushing anyone towards OSU. Yeah he's annoying, but he's not sleazy.

I guess I've just seen a lot worse people involved in recruiting, so someone like Garrett's uncle doesn't bother me too much.

Akron Irish
05-24-2008, 07:54 PM
I never denied he doesn't like the attention, but there hasn't been any evidence of him pushing anyone towards OSU. Watt said he hasn't pushed and Goebel said he wasn't pushed by his uncle(like I said, he didn't go to Buckeyeplanet until it became apparent that OSU lead for Ohio State). Again, no ties to OSU and no evidence of him pushing anyone towards OSU. Yeah he's annoying, but he's not sleazy.

I guess I've just seen a lot worse people involved in recruiting, so someone like Garrett's uncle doesn't bother me too much.

He's on an Ohio State board and helped get his nephew to OSU... perhaps you're a little biased. I'm sure if he was on GH and got him into ND - you'd see the light. There'd probably be 15 threads over there bashing him.

Akron Irish
05-24-2008, 07:55 PM
I heard Tressel promised to let him dot the "I" at a game next year if he helps land Watt

irishmarine
05-25-2008, 11:08 AM
this kid would be great to have. would lock the interior line up for years. but we are still needing the monster outside guy at tackle

JDubbs
05-25-2008, 11:30 AM
this kid would be great to have. would lock the interior line up for years. but we are still needing the monster outside guy at tackle

I think we have greater need at the LT tackle spot.....Romine's injuries have me concerned.

STLDomer1868
05-27-2008, 05:29 PM
How did this thread get highjacked by some loser that is trying to pat himslef on the back and live through 17 and 18 year old athletes. I do not care about this guy or his nephew. I am very interested in Watt and hope he make the best decission for himself. (Hopefully this means he is Irish) But to be honest, if this thread continues to talk about Garrett Gobel's freaking uncle.... I will never click on this again.

Now I am going over to the Nixon thread and start talking about how much Omar Hunter screwed us.

irishunclebill
05-27-2008, 05:45 PM
How did this thread get highjacked by some loser that is trying to pat himslef on the back and live through 17 and 18 year old athletes. I do not care about this guy or his nephew. I am very interested in Watt and hope he make the best decission for himself. (Hopefully this means he is Irish) But to be honest, if this thread continues to talk about Garrett Gobel's freaking uncle.... I will never click on this again.

Now I am going over to the Nixon thread and start talking about how much Omar Hunter screwed us.

I already moved most of the posts related to X to another thread.

The Who really gives a sh*t about TUOS thread (http://www.goldhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=9061)

The ones that are still in this thread relate mostly to Chris Watt and whatever influence this guy may be having on him so it is appropriate for them to stay here.

BDirish4ever
05-28-2008, 10:46 AM
I already moved most of the posts related to X to another thread.

The Who really gives a sh*t about TUOS thread (http://www.goldhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=9061)

The ones that are still in this thread relate mostly to Chris Watt and whatever influence this guy may be having on him so it is appropriate for them to stay here.

Thank You, IUB

IrishKnight1023
05-30-2008, 03:11 AM
http://notredame.scout.com/a.z?s=109&p=2&c=758015

“They’ve been telling me through e-mails and when they call me they say that I’m really important to them,” said Watt. “Coach (Rob) Ianello came by the school the first day (of the recruiting evaluation period) they were able to come and see us.”

Latina has also visited Watt’s school and the talented lineman has also spoken to Charlie Weis on the phone.

“He [Weis] was talking about how recruiting was going and just asking me how things are going with school,” Watt recounted. “We had a good talk and we just talked about whatever came up. It wasn’t any one thing.”

GLDNFUTURE4EVR
06-09-2008, 01:31 AM

People on this thread keep giving Goebel's knucklehead uncle WAY TOO MUCH ATTENTION thereby feeding his dementia...Stop it NOW!!!

daytonirish
06-10-2008, 08:11 PM
Napolean some noise out there that Chris may be commiting soon. Any info ?

irishmarine
06-10-2008, 08:39 PM
i just wanted to say that its great to have other teams fans on here who can talk in a mature way about football. its great to be able to talk in a respectful way about football and help each other out with questions and any inside info. good job GH and to all the other fans on here

irishziggy
06-10-2008, 08:55 PM

i heard he might visiting again in the near future, does that mean committing to us?

Svoboda
06-10-2008, 09:01 PM
I'm hearing a lot of buzz that Watt is going OSU, maybe even by the end of the week.

IrishKnight1023
06-10-2008, 09:34 PM
That would irritate me very much

napoleonbuck
06-10-2008, 09:34 PM
First I've heard of it. I'll ask around, but I'd be shocked if this was true. I was thinking he'd wrap this up in July or before whenever his high school practices start. I thought that was always his time frame.

irishmarine
06-11-2008, 12:46 AM
im just hoping he wraps it up by giving his commit to nd

zimmsbg78
06-11-2008, 08:47 AM
I hope that buzz you are hearing Svo is BS. I know its so cliche, but damn I really wanted him in blue and gold.

JDubbs
06-11-2008, 09:35 AM
SVO, any follow up info?

IrishGrizz
06-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Talk about the rich getting richer, if true. tUOS already have a 4*(Linsley) and 3*(Bellamy) OG committed, and an OT 4* (Mewhort) committed and a 5*(Hall) w high interest. They get Watt and Hall = 5 studs, 3 of which would be 5 stars. What a great haul it would be.

irishunclebill
06-11-2008, 10:08 AM
Talk about the rich getting richer, if true. tUOS already have a 4*(Linsley) and 3*(Bellamy) OG committed, and an OT 4* (Mewhort) committed and a 5*(Hall) w high interest. They get Watt and Hall = 5 studs, 3 of which would be 5 stars. What a great haul it would be.

Bellamy is being recruited to play DE or DT for the Buckeyes, and the Watt situation continues to look bad for ND.

It appears that the Goebel connection and the continuing monster class that OSU is building (and rapidly filling up) may be too much for ND to overcome here.

irishmarine
06-11-2008, 10:10 AM
damn that sucks

IrishR#1
06-11-2008, 10:37 AM
That's a bummer. I was hoping he would go to ND, but there was always the thought in the back of my head that he was a Buckeye.

The Bullard committment really helps the hurt of losing this big recruit though. I'm really liking the 2009 class so far. Cabrese and Fox are both going to be great in the 3-4.

Dayton_Domer
06-11-2008, 11:22 AM
man, I hate tOSU....

domehead1
06-11-2008, 11:31 AM
ditto...but they must be doing something right.

noklife
06-11-2008, 11:45 AM
Well if he's a lost cause, we better get out there and offer some more high rated gaurds.

JDubbs
06-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Why so glum chums? We really only need one more elite guard....so if Watt isn't the guy...oh well. You only need 3 in this cycle......We have Trevor Robinson and an Alex Bullard this year. I saw that Golic has put on 20 plus lbs to come in at 280....if Cave wins the center job.....Golic can back up both positions....but we need at least one more guy.

irishmarine
06-11-2008, 01:01 PM
i thought they were looking at moving golic to guard anyways. but i know he played center in hs. wow he already up to 280? thats great and he isnt even on the program yet. he could become huge.

DiamDawg
06-11-2008, 03:36 PM
Why so glum chums? We really only need one more elite guard....so if Watt isn't the guy...oh well. You only need 3 in this cycle......We have Trevor Robinson and an Alex Bullard this year. I saw that Golic has put on 20 plus lbs to come in at 280....if Cave wins the center job.....Golic can back up both positions....but we need at least one more guy.

We need as many as we can get .. and whenever we have a LEGITE SHOT at someone that is projected to be as good as Watt is it STINKS when we LOSE HIM ...

Why do we need him?? ...

1. Depth ... Look at the OL class from 2 years ago .. we lost Carufel to transer and then Webb to injury ..

2. he's PROJECTED to be a real good one .. U can NEVER HAVE enough of those .. ESPECIALLY when he's one we have a LEGITE SHOT at ... a few things we tend to forget at times ..

we have NO SHOT at many of the ELITE for a few reasons ... the POOL were swimming in is alot shallower than alot of the pools were competing against for a few reasons ...

ACADEMICS ... lets face it .. that eliminates a pretty good % of these guys right out of the gate ...

HOME STATE U .... that eliminates another nice chunk of players ... the pool for OSU, UF, Texas and USC just to name a few is much much deeper than ours due to the IN STATE TALENT that grew up idolizing those schools ..

there is no reason to be glum ... but it does STINK when we have a shot at one and he chooses to go some where else ...

HERE'S TO GETTING THE NEXT ONE .... and the one after that and the one after that..

irishmarine
06-11-2008, 04:52 PM
and the one after that

JDubbs
06-11-2008, 04:56 PM
We need as many as we can get .. and whenever we have a LEGITE SHOT at someone that is projected to be as good as Watt is it STINKS when we LOSE HIM ...

Why do we need him?? ...

1. Depth ... Look at the OL class from 2 years ago .. we lost Carufel to transer and then Webb to injury ..

2. he's PROJECTED to be a real good one .. U can NEVER HAVE enough of those .. ESPECIALLY when he's one we have a LEGITE SHOT at ... a few things we tend to forget at times ..

we have NO SHOT at many of the ELITE for a few reasons ... the POOL were swimming in is alot shallower than alot of the pools were competing against for a few reasons ...

ACADEMICS ... lets face it .. that eliminates a pretty good % of these guys right out of the gate ...

HOME STATE U .... that eliminates another nice chunk of players ... the pool for OSU, UF, Texas and USC just to name a few is much much deeper than ours due to the IN STATE TALENT that grew up idolizing those schools ..

there is no reason to be glum ... but it does STINK when we have a shot at one and he chooses to go some where else ...

HERE'S TO GETTING THE NEXT ONE .... and the one after that and the one after that..

If Bob Davie or Ty Willingham were still in charge.....they couldn't overcome losing a Watt or a Shrive......but Charlie just went into SEC country and pulled a great Guard in a mathcup with Home State U....I want the guy too.....all I'm saying is it isn't the end of the world. Xavier Nixon has said he is only sure of three of his 5 officials...ND is one of them.......RELAX!!!! Guards are not hard to come by....while Watt is a great player......your second best guard can be filled in three successive years by guys who couldn't break into the Tackle two deep....its the nature of the guard position.

marv81s
06-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Signing day is 8 months away, let's hold it together.

Kids still have all these summer camps to go, and then their senior season of football to be played. there is still time to find a rock solid prospect out there and establish a relationship with them. This Watt deal isn't even done yet, this could be all a BS rumor for all we know.

Till its public, we all don't know jack, so let's see how this plays out, and if/when he chooses tuosu, then ND will move on to the next prospect. It will be OK

Akron Irish
06-11-2008, 05:12 PM

man, I hate tOSU....

....way too many "Dayton"'s on this site. I thought one was too many. We need change :soapbox:

daytonirish
06-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Very funny AI. You never know that might be one of my other personalitis. I've been told by doctors I have HUNDREDS of them :nanana:

NDGirlzRock
06-11-2008, 06:41 PM
Actually in Dayton's defense he is in Cincy territory, which shield's him from the sh*tstorm that is the bluckeyes!!! Anyone in Cincy is immune.

HoffVir
06-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Actually in Dayton's defense he is in Cincy territory, which shield's him from the sh*tstorm that is the bluckeyes!!! Anyone in Cincy is immune.

Nah, even in Cincy, the buckturds make their presence known.

irishunclebill
06-11-2008, 09:56 PM
Looks like the Watt to OSU was a false alarm, at least for now. There seems to be no imminent commit on the horizon, ND & OSU seem to be evenly the heavy favorites, and more importantly Watt is once again talking to ND recruiting mods and even saying he is planning on taking another visit to South Bend. Doesn't mean that he is an ND lean, just means the status quo that was disrupted by the false alarm is now back in place.

napoleonbuck
06-11-2008, 11:11 PM
Watt is visiting Ohio State soon. He's scheduled to visit the weekend of Ohio State's camp on the 20th.

scooper
06-12-2008, 09:06 AM

No we're not. We hear it. We're just generally smart enough that more of us are able to tune it out. Unlike those cowtowners up north.

NDGirlzRock
06-12-2008, 09:49 AM
No we're not. We hear it. We're just generally smart enough that more of us are able to tune it out. Unlike those cowtowners up north.

True, but you don't get it as much as you do up north!!!

DiamDawg
06-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Signing day is 8 months away, let's hold it together.

Kids still have all these summer camps to go, and then their senior season of football to be played. there is still time to find a rock solid prospect out there and establish a relationship with them. This Watt deal isn't even done yet, this could be all a BS rumor for all we know.

Till its public, we all don't know jack, so let's see how this plays out, and if/when he chooses tuosu, then ND will move on to the next prospect. It will be OK

Everything U said above is true marv ... no doubt ... but theres a REASON were GOING AFTER WATT NOW and not the other guys ...

just like Omar Hunter REALLY REALLY HURT last year .... losing him wasn't the end of the world .. neither will not getting this kid ... BUT IT STILL HURTS ... as there was a reason we wanted Omar just like there's a reason WERE GOING AFTER WATT NOW ...

that all .. i have everyting in perspective .. i just also realize there's a reason were going after some kids earlier than others ...

irishunclebill
06-13-2008, 02:27 PM
Watt is visiting Ohio State soon. He's scheduled to visit the weekend of Ohio State's camp on the 20th.

We are hearing that Watt is going to visit ND next Thursday or Friday, which is the 19th and 20th. If that is true he is probably headed to ND first then OSU, not a particularly encouraging sign if he has already made a decision. If he is close to making a decision and it's between ND and OSU, these visits might be the final ones that will make him decide which way he wants to go. Either way I think this one ends before the end of the month.

IrishKnight1023
06-13-2008, 02:48 PM
I see O$U winning this battle.

notredomer23
06-13-2008, 03:06 PM
We are hearing that Watt is going to visit ND next Thursday or Friday, which is the 19th and 20th. If that is true he is probably headed to ND first then OSU, not a particularly encouraging sign if he has already made a decision. If he is close to making a decision and it's between ND and OSU, these visits might be the final ones that will make him decide which way he wants to go. Either way I think this one ends before the end of the month.

ND Thursday and Friday for a great visit, OSU later Friday and Saturday for a pissy visit, and ND Sunday to Commit :D

SouthernIrish
06-13-2008, 03:10 PM
I think I'd rather him visit with Lalota and Stockton and Banks and everyone else the following weekend. It might encourage him to socialize with those guys and get close.

JDubbs
06-13-2008, 04:04 PM
So it comes down to this. If he leaves campus without commiting to us and cancelling OSU.....the ship has probably sailed. Logistically, he needs to come back through indiana to return home to Illinois.....unless he is flying and there is egg on my face.........so the only reason to leave OSU last is because it is his favorite.

I'm gonna go Gerry Faust.....gonna go for a good football outcome by praying the rosary this week......always the Glorious mysteries when football is involved.

irishunclebill
06-19-2008, 01:45 AM
ND Thursday and Friday for a great visit, OSU later Friday and Saturday for a pissy visit, and ND Sunday to Commit :D

The weekend visit to OSU has been confirmed but as of right now the Thursday or Friday visit to ND no longer appears to be happening. Be prepared for another Death Row Watt watch upcoming the next few days.

napoleonbuck
06-19-2008, 10:23 AM
I doubt Watt commits anywhere before July. Recent update on buckeyeplanet says he'll take his visits and decide sometime in July. I really doubt he commits this weekend, or on any visit for that matter.

Svoboda
06-19-2008, 10:42 AM
I doubt Watt commits anywhere before July. Recent update on buckeyeplanet says he'll take his visits and decide sometime in July. I really doubt he commits this weekend, or on any visit for that matter.
Schofield said the same thing; Then committed to Michigan.

daytonirish
06-19-2008, 12:07 PM
Me I'm just going to wait and see what happens. Going to try my best not to even click on this thread over the weekend. If he commits then I'll see the little TOSU insignia by his name.

IrishGrizz
06-19-2008, 01:01 PM
Round 2 of the Watt - OSU watch.

daytonirish
06-22-2008, 10:22 AM
Maybe a new wrinkle in his recruitment. An OL from Portsmouth, Oh who camped at TOSU this weekend had a very good showing. And might be in line for an offer. Seems he was told that the coaches would get back to him after they had a coaches meeting. Would definetly commit on the spot if offered . his name is John Prior. Also nothing coming out anywhere that I can find about Chris and his visit this weekend.

Svoboda
06-22-2008, 10:42 AM
"Something seemed off"
That was from a Buckeye player's dad to me via email regarding Watt. This guy has also told me Watt has been a silent for awhile now. Don't know if this had to do with his parents being in Columbus with him, but he isn't as confident now.

SpanishElite
06-22-2008, 11:18 AM
So is Watts trip to ND on the 28th still on?

daytonirish
06-22-2008, 11:21 AM
As of right now. Haven't heard anything to the contrary.

SpanishElite
06-22-2008, 11:23 AM
As of right now. Haven't heard anything to the contrary.

Well he hasnt commited (publicaly) and still is taking a visit to ND. So thats not all bad. Hopefully we can put the full court press on him.

daytonirish
06-22-2008, 11:31 AM
You'll get used to it spanishElite. This recruiting info stuff can be a bit nerve racking at times. Alot of people who say they have contacts are just reading what others say on multiple boards and claim the info to be theirs.

LET ME JUST SAY THIS IS NOT MENT TOWARDS ANY POSTER HERE AT GOLDHELMET

napoleonbuck
06-22-2008, 11:56 AM
I just want to say this again. No one from Ohio State expected Watt to commit this weekend. Watt has maintained for a while that he'd like to decide in July after taking visits. He's never appeared to deviate from that plan. I'm not sure where you guys got that Watt might commit to OSU this weekend.

Svoboda
06-22-2008, 11:59 AM
I just want to say this again. No one from Ohio State expected Watt to commit this weekend. Watt has maintained for a while that he'd like to decide in July after taking visits. He's never appeared to deviate from that plan. I'm not sure where you guys got that Watt might commit to OSU this weekend.
I got my info from a current Buckeye player's father that I developed a relationship with last year when is son was being recruited.

napoleonbuck
06-22-2008, 12:03 PM
Fair enough, though he seems to be an outlier when it comes to the thinking on when Watt commits anywhere.

bayirish
06-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Napolean I'd just like to thank you for being a rational opposing team fan. Very rare these days. Thanks for contributing to our forum!

stonebreakerwasgod
06-22-2008, 01:43 PM
On a side note-I still think it sucks that tOSU won't play Cincy in Cincinnati. Pretty weak if you ask me.

smw6230
06-22-2008, 02:26 PM
On a side note-I still think it sucks that tOSU won't play Cincy in Cincinnati. Pretty weak if you ask me.

And PSU won't play at Pittsburgh.

Those who have power wield it and those who don't complain about it.

I'm not saying that I agree with either decision. Rather I'm talking about the contrast in treatment for those schools and how ND was treated on a national basis when they wanted to play Rutgers 30 miles from their campus in the Meadowlands.

BTW - PSU also cancelled a possible series with RU because RU didn't want to play the game in the Meadowlands.

stonebreakerwasgod
06-22-2008, 02:29 PM
Is it about power, or more about being afraid to lose? Last time the Bucknuts played in Cincy, they almost (should have) lost. I believe that since that UC is a comer in the world of football, they should have refused to play tOSU unless it was reciprocal.

napoleonbuck
06-22-2008, 02:59 PM

We played them at Paul Brown in 2002.

irishziggy
06-22-2008, 04:09 PM
it's usually all about money. the bigger the venue, the more money the more the school with prestige will get. like us playing UCONN @ Gillette Stadium, tryin to fill seats for the fans who travel like ND

SouthernIrish
06-22-2008, 05:03 PM
no, it's more like never ever give any boost/opportunity to any competition. Tenn football will never play Memphis in Memphis (or in general) because it could boost Memphis recruiting and football program in general resulting in more competition for them. ND always wants to play IU in basketball but never plays them in football. OSU will never play Cincy in football because it is a lose/lose for them. God forbid any of these smaller programs ever win. I dont blame the big programs but it is pretty lame.

irishunclebill
06-22-2008, 07:01 PM
Ok- back to Chris Watt- word is he has left Columbus without committing.

SpanishElite
06-22-2008, 07:19 PM
Ok- back to Chris Watt- word is he has left Columbus without committing.

Well thats good new. The longer it takes the better it is for us I think.

napoleonbuck
06-22-2008, 07:21 PM
I don't really think so. I'd agree if he was going to take this into the season, but all indications are he'll be ending this before the end of July at the very latest.

He was going to visit his favorites(Ohio State this weekend, Notre Dame soon), weigh his options, then make a decision. He wasn't going to commit this weekend, and I doubt he commits when he visits Notre Dame(even if he ultimately ends up at Notre Dame, which seems like a fair bet at this point).

NDGirlzRock
06-22-2008, 08:11 PM
Does It seems like a far bet at this point!!! mean that you know something Napoleon???

napoleonbuck
06-22-2008, 08:37 PM
I think Notre Dame is right with Ohio State. He's been to Notre Dame more, it's closer to home, and it appears his family prefers Notre Dame.

I'm hoping Chris likes Ohio State and that his recent visit maybe helped convinced his dad. However, with the recent chatter about some instate linemen maybe getting an offer, I'm not too optimistic about Watt.

If Watt was really in the bag, I doubt the coaches are looking at other linemen.

irishunclebill
06-22-2008, 08:40 PM
I think Notre Dame is right with Ohio State. He's been to Notre Dame more, it's closer to home, and it appears his family prefers Notre Dame.

I'm hoping Chris likes Ohio State and that his recent visit maybe helped convinced his dad. However, with the recent chatter about some instate linemen maybe getting an offer, I'm not too optimistic about Watt.

If Watt was really in the bag, I doubt the coaches are looking at other linemen.

Buck is more or less saying it in his last sentence, but any new offers that OSU sends out to OL this week will be the telling clue here.

publicola
06-22-2008, 08:45 PM
However, with the recent chatter about some instate linemen maybe getting an offer, I'm not too optimistic about Watt.

What other linemen are they looking at? I noticed that there was a bit of buzz about the Prior kid after a good camp showing, but he's a tackle, so I would assume that an offer for him wouldn't necessarily be indicative of OSU's position with Watt. Are they looking at other guards?

napoleonbuck
06-22-2008, 08:47 PM
Prior and Sam Longo(amazing athlete, good to great offer list, and tremendous potential. Fourth best offensive lineman in Ohio this year IMO) are the big two being talked about. Nate Klatt and Ryan Spiker are also being thrown around as names who impressed this weekend.

scooper
06-23-2008, 08:40 AM
Tackle or guard, it doesn't matter. OSU's in position to just take a few good ones and let the spots on the line fall where they may. This Prior kid is intriguing. In a year where we need some tackles and have had a couple targets fall off, I would hope ND would put out some feelers. He apparently looked very very good at anOSU's camp.

Back to Watt---we'll know soon enough. The clock is ticking on this one. The fact that he still appears to be coming this week is encouraging. As is the talk about OSU even looking at other linemen. If they had Watt wrapped up, they'd just wait on Hall and call it a day. The rumors of a contingency plan may be a good sign for us.

NDisNCin2010
06-23-2008, 09:17 AM
time to light a candle in the Grotto for "Watt to ND"...

irishziggy
06-23-2008, 01:56 PM
Watt is scheduled to visit ND Thurs

irishunclebill
06-23-2008, 02:28 PM
Watt is scheduled to visit ND Thurs

Quick turnaround from the Columbus trip to ND could mean Watt left Columbus with a choose or lose decision. If ND is the only other school he is visiting and if he does not commit to the Buckeyes shortly after his ND visit, we should be in good shape here. Hate those if's, hope they go away shortly.

SpanishElite
06-23-2008, 02:59 PM
Quick turnaround from the Columbus trip to ND could mean Watt left Columbus with a choose or lose decision. If ND is the only other school he is visiting and if he does not commit to the Buckeyes shortly after his ND visit, we should be in good shape here. Hate those if's, hope they go away shortly.

I agree with you on this IUB. Lots of ifs.. but its better than him being blown away on his OSU and commtting on the spot.

irishunclebill
06-23-2008, 03:04 PM
I agree with you on this IUB. Lots of ifs.. but its better than him being blown away on his OSU and commtting on the spot.

No doubt about that. ND is definitely a big time player here but get ready for the Harrison Smith/ TRob syndrome (Daddy made him do it) to kick into place from the OSU people if Watt chooses ND.

NDisNCin2010
06-23-2008, 03:19 PM
No doubt about that. ND is definitely a big time player here but get ready for the Harrison Smith/ TRob syndrome (Daddy made him do it) to kick into place from the OSU people if Watt chooses ND.

like they say...Father Knows Best.
:)

cols_irish
06-24-2008, 08:40 PM
My OSU friend informed me that OSU has offered Longo (I consider this guy reputable).

Given OSU's #'s I thought this meant ND for Watt, apparently that is not a given.

daytonirish
06-24-2008, 08:53 PM
That would be huge because Longo won't take long to commit if true.

SpanishElite
06-24-2008, 09:04 PM
What I do know is its going to be really interesting to see how this all pans out. With the numbers shrinking and new offers. It will be interesting to see how the big ND targets go. It does seem however we will find out sooner than later.

GHRBG
06-25-2008, 05:45 PM
Pretty sure Chris Watt is making more visits than JUST ND. Next two weeks should yield visits to ND, BC & Penn State...(the important part of this post ->) SUPPOSEDLY. :secretservice:

daytonirish
06-25-2008, 07:17 PM
Well we will see if he actually visiits the other two schools. But as an ND fan we would love for him to drag this out another couple of weeks. The longer he takes TOSU fills up and he is all Notre Dames.

notredomer23
06-25-2008, 07:23 PM
yeah he is all Irish the longer this drags on

irishunclebill
06-25-2008, 08:18 PM
Pretty sure Chris Watt is making more visits than JUST ND. Next two weeks should yield visits to ND, BC & Penn State...(the important part of this post ->) SUPPOSEDLY. :secretservice:

IMO Watt will definitely visit PSU & BC as planned after he visits ND.

daytonirish
06-25-2008, 08:19 PM
O.K. I'm officially scared. ND23 is starting to agree with my post.

Someone, anyone make it stop.PLEASE.

Just kidding 23 . :nanana:

dajtrain
06-25-2008, 08:58 PM
There's a rumor going around that he is on campus and that he committed to ND a few hours ago. Take that for what it's worth

GHRBG
06-25-2008, 09:01 PM
This is probably very true, obviously as a Penn State fan my hope is that tOSU will fill up and when he visits Penn State it will give him something to think about but it seems like tOSU or ND all the way. Are the rumors with regard to tOSU offering another OL true? Or is that just a verbal offer contingent on Watt going elsewhere? Maybe that Buckeye poster knows...I must also say it pissed me off that Chris's father apparently asked Tressel where he would go if he were Chris, and Tressel apparently said ND. What is that all about! Say Penn State, Jim...WTF don't worry about talent being in the Big 10 as long as it isn't at Michigan!

stew654
06-25-2008, 09:04 PM
There's a rumor going around that he is on campus and that he committed to ND a few hours ago. Take that for what it's worth

This could be one hellavu weekend!!

SpanishElite
06-25-2008, 09:05 PM
I think the OL your talking about it John Prior. He also is being recruited by FSU and seems pretty high on them. And rumors are that he may be close to an OSU offer. But i dont know how much truth there is to that.

stonebreakerwasgod
06-25-2008, 09:05 PM
If we hear anything concrete, it'll get posted pronto. I've not heard anything along those lines....we'll see.

napoleonbuck
06-25-2008, 09:29 PM
John Prior won't be getting an offer soon or in the long run...

I'd still be surprised if Watt commits to any school before July, and I'd especially be surprised if he committed on a visit.

SpanishElite
06-25-2008, 09:37 PM
John Prior won't be getting an offer soon or in the long run...

I'd still be surprised if Watt commits to any school before July, and I'd especially be surprised if he committed on a visit.

Why do you think Prior wont get an offer? How many more OL OSU want? Just 1? and Watt is the offer?

irishunclebill
06-25-2008, 10:09 PM

Watt is not on campus right now.

woods
06-25-2008, 10:21 PM
just lost my boner

SpanishElite
06-25-2008, 10:23 PM
just lost my boner

haha. That is one way to put it.

JDubbs
06-25-2008, 10:28 PM
This is probably very true, obviously as a Penn State fan my hope is that tOSU will fill up and when he visits Penn State it will give him something to think about but it seems like tOSU or ND all the way. Are the rumors with regard to tOSU offering another OL true? Or is that just a verbal offer contingent on Watt going elsewhere? Maybe that Buckeye poster knows...I must also say it pissed me off that Chris's father apparently asked Tressel where he would go if he were Chris, and Tressel apparently said ND. What is that all about! Say Penn State, Jim...WTF don't worry about talent being in the Big 10 as long as it isn't at Michigan!

Why shouldn't the man put forth an honest opinion. I can understand Shrive because he is two hours away from his home but that decision would be ridiculous. No 1. ND has pledged their undying love for Mr Watt from jump. He has a place. He has a plan. He is counted on at ND. The reward on the football field would be incomparable. With ND, the sky is the limit and he has the potential to do it at the only National University in a regional sport. He is a part of the first team to do it at ND in over 20 years!!!! Talk about a God! But guess what is the known at PSU. You will never win a National Title again. You anointed ONE man to be your football program...that ship has already sailed. I hope to God you hire Greg Schiano so ND can continue to win at the 80% clip they are dominating Schiano at right now in recruiting. You will never be better than the 3rd or 4th best team in the Big Ten. You are mediocrity. Welcome to your down cycle. Frank Solich awaits!

As a special added bonus for Mr Watt, he inherits one of the most loyal and loving fraternities one could imagine as a graduate of the University of ND. With as elite an education that one can get for free at the high Division 1 level. None finer sir, none finer. So when even Jim Tressel knows that........you should take your Nittany glasses off and shove them up your ass and show some respect for Our Lady's University!

JDubbs
06-25-2008, 10:36 PM
I din't mean to get off of the subject there. Had to get it off my chest. I completely believe as Napoleonbuck has stated....Watt's plan is to take this to July. That means gentlemen, we have two realistic opportunities to get him. 1. We say if the kid visits we get a chance. This might not be the plan, but it wouldn't be the first time a kid thought he wanted to see more but was just so impressed it didn't seem like it made sense to wait. Now it seems more and more like the competition would be BC (ND values of education and conscience but plane ride v car ride distance) or PSU (u know how i feel there). 2. The longer this goes on, traditionally has always been positive for ND, who attracts an analytical kid's decision. And considering OSU offer situation......

Feeling better and better every time I log on and see that it still says offer.

IrishLew
06-26-2008, 08:38 AM
Rumors is he gave his verbal...where i don't know. ESPN and IE boards are reporting.

Dayton_Domer
06-26-2008, 10:03 AM
Rumors is he gave his verbal...where i don't know. ESPN and IE boards are reporting.

Let's hope these rumors are true. Chris would be an excellent addition to this class!

irishunclebill
06-26-2008, 12:29 PM

Reporting what? Since when are rumors reporting?

This was responded to in this thread last night all of five posts back. Why bring it up again. Better yet why bring crap from another board over here especially when it was already brought here once.

irishunclebill
06-26-2008, 12:33 PM
Oh and BTW, Watt is still not even on campus yet, unless TAA has reported a sighting.:nanana:

SouthernIrish
06-26-2008, 12:35 PM
Well, I don't quite share JDubbs "enthusiam" for PSU, it does make perfect sense for Tressel to say ND. Why encourage an elite player to attend another football program in the same conference as you? He would only be strengthing a rival to the B10 Championship. That makes no sense. This is a lesser of 2 evils for Tressel. Period. Not noble. the weaker your opponents are, the better you are.

napoleonbuck
06-26-2008, 12:53 PM
It's also in a small way honoring Woody Hayes. Hayes once said he was one of the best recruiters Notre Dame ever had, because whenever he encountered a player that Ohio State didn't have much of a chance at, he'd always suggest Notre Dame, that way Michigan couldn't get them. Just a fun little tidbut that doesn't have all that much to do with recruiting(I doubt a single recruit was ever swayed by what Hayes said), but more to do with a shared hatred of Michigan.

zimmsbg78
06-26-2008, 01:22 PM
Watt will take trips to Notre Dame, Penn State and Boston college on the coming weeks, and then make his choice sometime in July. Watt says he he and his father had a great visit to Ohio State, and that his father really like the staff.

GHRBG
06-26-2008, 04:33 PM
Why shouldn't the man put forth an honest opinion. I can understand Shrive because he is two hours away from his home but that decision would be ridiculous. No 1. ND has pledged their undying love for Mr Watt from jump. He has a place. He has a plan. He is counted on at ND. The reward on the football field would be incomparable. With ND, the sky is the limit and he has the potential to do it at the only National University in a regional sport. He is a part of the first team to do it at ND in over 20 years!!!! Talk about a God! But guess what is the known at PSU. You will never win a National Title again. You anointed ONE man to be your football program...that ship has already sailed. I hope to God you hire Greg Schiano so ND can continue to win at the 80% clip they are dominating Schiano at right now in recruiting. You will never be better than the 3rd or 4th best team in the Big Ten. You are mediocrity. Welcome to your down cycle. Frank Solich awaits!

As a special added bonus for Mr Watt, he inherits one of the most loyal and loving fraternities one could imagine as a graduate of the University of ND. With as elite an education that one can get for free at the high Division 1 level. None finer sir, none finer. So when even Jim Tressel knows that........you should take your Nittany glasses off and shove them up your ass and show some respect for Our Lady's University!

You've contradicted yourself quite a bit there bud. :mutumbo: If you think Tressel said 'ND' because of what you just spewed then your silly, he couldn't possibly care less about any of that and just strengthened his position with Mr. Watt's father by assuring them that tOSU or ND is the way to go; that just coincidentally happens to be exactly what most believe they have been thinking all along. I don't think Tressel said that because he thinks ND would be the best place to go with the exception of tOSU, I think he was playing to what the Watt(s) wanted to hear and you can be damn sure that tOSU will wait for Watt - it is only June and he is an elite interior OL prospect there would be no reason not to wait a couple of weeks - a month. So if ND gets a commitment from Watt I truly believe that it will have been a victory over tOSU with an open ship for him to go either way.

This really has nothing to even do with Penn State...unless of course you think your lecture actually made a difference. Watt is visiting Penn State for whatever reason, if Penn State actually becomes a player it will be more hilarious than anything else and NOBODY is even hyped about the visit which tells you all you need to know. :rofl:

SpanishElite
06-26-2008, 04:38 PM
I agree GHRBG. I think this decision will be later rather than sooner. And at this point I have no idea what he is thinking. I think he just wants to see all his options in person, BC, ND, OSU, PSU or whomever then he is going to make his decision.

daytonirish
06-26-2008, 05:01 PM
You can't be damn sure TOSU will wait for Watt. Because if you actually follow the different sites and pay attention. There is alot of smoke out there that TOSU might not wait to long before another offer to an OL goes out. And even if that doesn't happen, the are expecting a commit from Vlad, Hall, and they have others who may also commit shortly. And even the great commish of the big 11 can't allow Tressel and TOSU to take 85 commits this yr.

IrishLew
06-26-2008, 05:51 PM
Reporting what? Since when are rumors reporting?

This was responded to in this thread last night all of five posts back. Why bring it up again. Better yet why bring crap from another board over here especially when it was already brought here once.

uh in case you didn't know most "rumors" are reported, other wise no one at ESPN would have a job. I'll bring whatever crap from whatever board i feel like. I'm not breaking any rules here.

SpanishElite
06-26-2008, 05:56 PM
You can't be damn sure TOSU will wait for Watt. Because if you actually follow the different sites and pay attention. There is alot of smoke out there that TOSU might not wait to long before another offer to an OL goes out. And even if that doesn't happen, the are expecting a commit from Vlad, Hall, and they have others who may also commit shortly. And even the great commish of the big 11 can't allow Tressel and TOSU to take 85 commits this yr.

Haha. That would be ideal for them to take 85. Maybe they can be like Saban and get his clean 48.

marv81s
06-26-2008, 06:03 PM
uh in case you didn't know most "rumors" are reported, other wise no one at ESPN would have a job. I'll bring whatever crap from whatever board i feel like. I'm not breaking any rules here.

dude, two words for you

http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Debbie-Gray/Chill-Out-Photographic-Print-C12255139.jpeg

SpanishElite
06-26-2008, 06:09 PM
haha. Nothing like a penguin eating a fudge pop with a beanie on.

IrishR#1
06-26-2008, 06:14 PM
Mmmmm Fudge pop... People need to stop posting food on here. I get too hungry.

irishunclebill
06-26-2008, 06:19 PM

LOL- no one said you were breaking any rules fool, but you just broke one now.

It's called pissing off the moderator.:mutumbo:

Actually I was just looking for an excuse to get rid of you anyway tool. Thanks for helping out, of course I knew you would. :banstick: :banstick:

CYA. :wave: :wave:

IrishKnight1023
06-26-2008, 06:59 PM
pwned

stew654
06-26-2008, 07:09 PM
Lol cya

Give 'em the boot the roots the radicals
Give 'em the boot you know I'm a radical
Give 'em the boot the roots the reggae on my stereo

mlcspinner
06-26-2008, 07:11 PM

please keep your crap to yourself. just sayin

SouthernIrish
06-26-2008, 08:39 PM

What a dumb ass. :nanana::mutumbo:

I know banned ppl can't post but can they still read these pages?

SpanishElite
06-26-2008, 09:17 PM
Well since everyone is slamming IUB.... Na just kiddin! That wasnt to slick.

rontdtarchala
06-26-2008, 10:39 PM
another one bites the dust... See Ya

Coyote King
06-26-2008, 10:54 PM
LOL- no one said you were breaking any rules fool, but you just broke one now.

It's called pissing off the moderator.:mutumbo:

Actually I was just looking for an excuse to get rid of you anyway tool. Thanks for helping out, of course I knew you would. :banstick: :banstick:

CYA.

Wow IUB, I used to see you as the insightful cool tempered fatherly type. Now I am a little scared of you :sweat:
You pounced on that dude, which normally wouldn't be a bid deal, but it was my grandma and now she won't talk to me

stonebreakerwasgod
06-26-2008, 11:12 PM
Damn, I didn't get the satisfaction of bouncing that a-hole.

Folks, this wasn't about bouncing some guy for mouthing off.......that dude had other things going on behind the scenes. We were just giving him a chance to not screw up, and he didn't fail to let us down.

Coyote King
06-26-2008, 11:17 PM
Damn, I didn't get the satisfaction of bouncing that a-hole.

Folks, this wasn't about bouncing some guy for mouthing off.......that dude had other things going on behind the scenes. We were just giving him a chance to not screw up, and he didn't fail to let us down.

C'mon Stoney, I just told you the dude is my grandma, watch the name calling. She just forgot to take her medication.

irishunclebill
06-26-2008, 11:21 PM
Wow IUB, I used to see you as the insightful cool tempered fatherly type. Now I am a little scared of you :sweat:
You pounced on that dude, which normally wouldn't be a bid deal, but it was my grandma and now she won't talk to me

Tell her I'm sorry,

but she is still banned.

stonebreakerwasgod
06-26-2008, 11:21 PM
Sorry Coyote, but you know what they say:

Can't always choose your relatives or neighbors.

stonebreakerwasgod
06-26-2008, 11:22 PM
Dude.........NO effing way. LOL

GHRBG
06-27-2008, 07:25 AM

I don't think Penn State is a player, I think this is strictly between tOSU & ND but it is just interesting that a Penn State visit gets wedged in prior to him deciding, as well as BC and of course ND...which is really the only reason I'm even bothering to comment in this thread. I actually do occasionally check out different sites, I don't think there are many that tOSU would take ahead of Watts. I believe they are telling themselves that Vlad, Hall and possibly 1 other have their ships saved regardless so who knows.

I honestly don't even understand the visit to Penn State but it is what it is I guess, can't expect to become a player when ND & tOSU have been all over the kid and Penn State verbally offers. I'm not even sure if he has a written offer from Penn State too be completely honest, I know when he did a recruiting chat on the Scout Villanova forums with the 15 year old Illinois fans he said it was verbal from Penn State.

I honestly believe though, if he didn't falter under the pressure of tOSU's class filling up ridiculously quick and has his mind set on going at his own pace and visiting ND, Penn State & BC that he is eventually going to pull the trigger for ND sometime in July. I'm just guessing, but he just seems like a kid that would want to go to ND.

mlcspinner
06-27-2008, 07:38 AM
I don't think Penn State is a player, I think this is strictly between tOSU & ND but it is just interesting that a Penn State visit gets wedged in prior to him deciding, as well as BC and of course ND...which is really the only reason I'm even bothering to comment in this thread. I actually do occasionally check out different sites, I don't think there are many that tOSU would take ahead of Watts. I believe they are telling themselves that Vlad, Hall and possibly 1 other have their ships saved regardless so who knows.

I honestly don't even understand the visit to Penn State but it is what it is I guess, can't expect to become a player when ND & tOSU have been all over the kid and Penn State verbally offers. I'm not even sure if he has a written offer from Penn State too be completely honest, I know when he did a recruiting chat on the Scout Villanova forums with the 15 year old Illinois fans he said it was verbal from Penn State.

I honestly believe though, if he didn't falter under the pressure of tOSU's class filling up ridiculously quick and has his mind set on going at his own pace and visiting ND, Penn State & BC that he is eventually going to pull the trigger for ND sometime in July. I'm just guessing, but he just seems like a kid that would want to go to ND.

I can understand it, if I could afford it I would check out as many schools as possible with my parents.

Think about Crist. He said he felt he was a lock for USC then he visited ND and was sold. You never know

DiamDawg
06-27-2008, 09:44 AM
Anyone know if actually made it to campus yesterday? .....

irishunclebill
06-27-2008, 10:48 AM
Anyone know if actually made it to campus yesterday? .....

Yes, Watt was on campus starting at around 4 P.M. yesterday, spent the night and is still probably there.

DiamDawg
06-27-2008, 10:58 AM
Yes, Watt was on campus starting at around 4 P.M. yesterday, spent the night and is still probably there.

Thanks IUB ....

daytonirish
06-27-2008, 11:38 AM
Hopefully he stayed at the HOTEL CAVE. Seemed to work out extremely well last year for the Irish. Think they might be opening it back up IUB ?

scooper
06-27-2008, 12:07 PM
Hopefully he stayed at the HOTEL CAVE. Seemed to work out extremely well last year for the Irish. Think they might be opening it back up IUB ?

Now that Cave is an enrolled student, I'm not sure if that is allowable.

ND Fanatic
06-27-2008, 12:43 PM
Now that Cave is an enrolled student, I'm not sure if that is allowable.

I wonder, because Cave isn't living there anymore, just his parents are. I'm sure there is some kind of rule against families hosting recruits - even of the player doens't live there anymore.

JDubbs
06-27-2008, 09:43 PM
Just watced a video of him being interviewed by a premium. I don't want to get too specific because I don't wanna get in trouble with the premium.....but I will describe him as being almost giddy when speaking of his visit. A key phrase left his mouth we all have heard here before......"It's not a 4 year decision its a 40 year decision."

rontdtarchala
06-28-2008, 04:24 PM
come on kid pull the trigger

SpanishElite
06-28-2008, 04:28 PM
Just got home from being out of town today and Friday... was expecting some BIG news. But its ok we still have plenty of time!

cols_irish
06-28-2008, 05:15 PM
Any idea why the video interview was pulled?

stonebreakerwasgod
06-28-2008, 05:33 PM
I think ND frowns on the video being put out. I could be wrong.

IrishKnight1023
06-28-2008, 05:42 PM
What did he say that was such a big deal anyway?

GHRBG
06-29-2008, 02:59 AM
I'm seeing a lot of conflicting info with regard to Penn State. There was talk of him visiting Wednesday but I've seen others confirm (tOSU) that Watt was at Penn State on Saturday. I have not seen or heard any coverage/articles/comments with regard to this apparent Saturday visit though so maybe he wasn't already at Penn State. I'm not sure what to think at this point, as far as the video being pulled...I have a pretty good idea why but I'm not sure if it will get deleted or if I will get banned. :donttazemebro: :peace:

I don't know FOR SURE if this is why it was pulled, but apparently Watt commented on how the ND players didn't look to be in particularly great shape near the end of the video, but then kind of backs away from that and acts like 'Well, it is the offseason'. :gossip:

I still think that this is definitely a ND/tOSU battle, I can't possibly see Penn State getting a verbal from Watt in the near future, regardless of how well the visit (if there was one) went or how well the potential visit on Wednesday goes. I just can't see it.

JDubbs
06-29-2008, 07:39 AM
I'm seeing a lot of conflicting info with regard to Penn State. There was talk of him visiting Wednesday but I've seen others confirm (tOSU) that Watt was at Penn State on Saturday. I have not seen or heard any coverage/articles/comments with regard to this apparent Saturday visit though so maybe he wasn't already at Penn State. I'm not sure what to think at this point, as far as the video being pulled...I have a pretty good idea why but I'm not sure if it will get deleted or if I will get banned. :donttazemebro: :peace:

I don't know FOR SURE if this is why it was pulled, but apparently Watt commented on how the ND players didn't look to be in particularly great shape near the end of the video, but then kind of backs away from that and acts like 'Well, it is the offseason'. :gossip:

I still think that this is definitely a ND/tOSU battle, I can't possibly see Penn State getting a verbal from Watt in the near future, regardless of how well the visit (if there was one) went or how well the potential visit on Wednesday goes. I just can't see it.

I watched the video and there was no mention of any of that. Where did you hear this? It is complete crap. At no time did he sayanything about the relative condition of the ND players. So again, where did you hear this.

In relation to he and his family's waste of time, energy, effort, and money to see the octagenarian that won't leave campus to recruit, out of his own mouth he is visiting the State Penn on Tuesday with B.C. to follow on Wednesday.

I bet that you haven't even viewed the tape so why don't you take your innuendo and shove it up your ass.

JDubbs
06-29-2008, 10:44 AM
Please refrain from wild speculation and message board heresay......Is anyone aware of why Scout removed the video? I watched it and i can't for the life of me recall anything that would have been considered an issue for it to be squashed.

SpanishElite
06-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Please refrain from wild speculation and message board heresay......Is anyone aware of why Scout removed the video? I watched it and i can't for the life of me recall anything that would have been considered an issue for it to be squashed.

What was the video mostly about? Just an interview? Questions about schools? Did he say he was visiting other schools?

irishunclebill
06-29-2008, 11:43 AM

The whole Watt video became a huge controversy between Irish Eyes and Irish Illustrated as it apparently broke some kind of unwritten policy of doing video interviews of recruits while on campus. That is the reason why the video was taken down. It had absolutlely nothing to do with the content.

I also did not see the video but as JDubbs said I saw no comments from anyone who saw the video about any type of derogatory comments made by Watt regarding ND.

GHRBG, as a visitor to this board who is not an ND fan you do need to be more certain of your accuracy before posting what you did. I'll take it as "wild speculation" as JDubbs called it, but it was very close to being a flame, which will not be tolerated here. I suggest you take your own advice and refrain from posting such comments unless you absolutlely know them to be true.

The Jester
06-29-2008, 02:27 PM
I watched the video and there was no mention of any of that. Where did you hear this? It is complete crap. At no time did he sayanything about the relative condition of the ND players. So again, where did you hear this.

In relation to he and his family's waste of time, energy, effort, and money to see the octagenarian that won't leave campus to recruit, out of his own mouth he is visiting the State Penn on Tuesday with B.C. to follow on Wednesday.

I bet that you haven't even viewed the tape so why don't you take your innuendo and shove it up your ass.

While I didn't see the video in question either, I did see a brief summary of the content posted by someone on Irish Envy. In that summary, the poster did mention that Watt did make a joke about the offensive line looking a bit out of shape (though the poster claimed it was just poking fun at those guys, meaning he wasn't being serious). I don't know if this is true, but this isn't the first time I've heard this. In any case, I highly doubt that is the reason why the video was pulled.

I also don't understand all the hostility some posters have shown towards GHRBG. I don't think I've seen him post anything truly negative about ND on this board (the only times s/he has come close is when s/he was under heavy attack). I'm not particularly fond of Penn State either, but attacking an adamant fan who is only trying to add something to our board is no way to express that dislike. Cut the guy some slack.

The Jester
06-29-2008, 02:30 PM
Actually, here is the link to the summary I mentioned above for those who wish to read it for themselves.

http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/2009-recruiting-profiles/30784-09-il-ol-chris-watt-official-offer-14.html

For some reason, the link takes you to the midpoint of the thread. The summary the first post on page 14, and the poster is YouCantCoachThat.

Akron Irish
06-29-2008, 03:40 PM

I saw Paterno eating a cheeseburger... just sayin

IrishinTN
06-29-2008, 04:15 PM
I saw Paterno eating a cheeseburger... just sayin

Don't need teeth for cheeseburgers.

GHRBG
06-29-2008, 05:56 PM
The whole Watt video became a huge controversy between Irish Eyes and Irish Illustrated as it apparently broke some kind of unwritten policy of doing video interviews of recruits while on campus. That is the reason why the video was taken down. It had absolutlely nothing to do with the content.

I also did not see the video but as JDubbs said I saw no comments from anyone who saw the video about any type of derogatory comments made by Watt regarding ND.

GHRBG, as a visitor to this board who is not an ND fan you do need to be more certain of your accuracy before posting what you did. I'll take it as "wild speculation" as JDubbs called it, but it was very close to being a flame, which will not be tolerated here. I suggest you take your own advice and refrain from posting such comments unless you absolutlely know them to be true.

I was just taking a guess, I thought I made that clear. As far as where I heard about it (which JDUBBS) asked), I heard about it from various tOSU sites. I used the GOSSIP ICON, I said 'I'M NOT SURE' to begin the statement AS WELL AS THE WORD APPARENTLY. I had a feeling that it would be taken badly, I should have trusted my instincts....haha. I prefaced the comment by saying it might get deleted or I might get banned, and used the 'Don't taze me bro!' icon as well as the 'peace icon'.

I DID NOT watch the video, and FWIW these same numerous sites say that Chris Watt visited Penn State on saturday so again maybe not the most accurate, accuracy is always key. I've heard it elsewhere with regard to Watt at Penn State on saturday, and many of these posters are very reputable but at the same time I have yet to see anything on the Penn State free boards and my scout membership has run out so I don't have access to the premium board at this time. And as the poster, The Jester pointed out, on another site in the summary of the content it says that he jokingly said the offensive line looks out of shape. I obviously had no way of knowing the context in which he said what he said one way or the other...I was just ASSuming.

Anyway, my personal focus is not Watt. I know the chances of him actually committing to Penn State are below 1% while ND & tOSU are the big dogs in this race. I'm essentially interested in it because there are many OL caught up in this and it affects Penn State. tOSU is waiting on Watt, tOSU has an affect on Sam Longo & Chris Watt and ND is waiting on Chris Watt. I highly doubt either player commits to Penn State but I think that both are the holdup on a Penn State offer being extended to Delaware OT/OG Malcolm Bunche who I believe is a top 10 OG on Scout but in the 30s as far as OTs on Rivals.

I really want an offer to go out to him and if Watt is visiting and Longo has yet to decide that is unlikely to happen because Penn State is looking at both as OGs. That is basically what it is. I expect Penn State to get 6'7 Pennsylvania OT Adam Gress & 6'6 Ohio ATH/OT Nate Cadogan sooner or later to go along with Eric Shrive & Mark Arcidiacono for the '09 class - we have one NE OG in Frank Figueora & a center prospect in Ty Howle...I think it is fairly obvious that Penn State wants 1 more interior OL since we'll be losing a senior LG in Rich Ohrnberger.

Edit - thanks Jester, I wasn't trying to piss anyone off.

irishunclebill
06-29-2008, 07:26 PM
I was just taking a guess, I thought I made that clear. As far as where I heard about it (which JDUBBS) asked), I heard about it from various tOSU sites. I used the GOSSIP ICON, I said 'I'M NOT SURE' to begin the statement AS WELL AS THE WORD APPARENTLY. I had a feeling that it would be taken badly, I should have trusted my instincts....haha. I prefaced the comment by saying it might get deleted or I might get banned, and used the 'Don't taze me bro!' icon as well as the 'peace icon'.

I DID NOT watch the video, and FWIW these same numerous sites say that Chris Watt visited Penn State on saturday so again maybe not the most accurate, accuracy is always key. I've heard it elsewhere with regard to Watt at Penn State on saturday, and many of these posters are very reputable but at the same time I have yet to see anything on the Penn State free boards and my scout membership has run out so I don't have access to the premium board at this time. And as the poster, The Jester pointed out, on another site in the summary of the content it says that he jokingly said the offensive line looks out of shape. I obviously had no way of knowing the context in which he said what he said one way or the other...I was just ASSuming.

Anyway, my personal focus is not Watt. I know the chances of him actually committing to Penn State are below 1% while ND & tOSU are the big dogs in this race. I'm essentially interested in it because there are many OL caught up in this and it affects Penn State. tOSU is waiting on Watt, tOSU has an affect on Sam Longo & Chris Watt and ND is waiting on Chris Watt. I highly doubt either player commits to Penn State but I think that both are the holdup on a Penn State offer being extended to Delaware OT/OG Malcolm Bunche who I believe is a top 10 OG on Scout but in the 30s as far as OTs on Rivals.

I really want an offer to go out to him and if Watt is visiting and Longo has yet to decide that is unlikely to happen because Penn State is looking at both as OGs. That is basically what it is. I expect Penn State to get 6'7 Pennsylvania OT Adam Gress & 6'6 Ohio ATH/OT Nate Cadogan sooner or later to go along with Eric Shrive & Mark Arcidiacono for the '09 class - we have one NE OG in Frank Figueora & a center prospect in Ty Howle...I think it is fairly obvious that Penn State wants 1 more interior OL since we'll be losing a senior LG in Rich Ohrnberger.

Edit - thanks Jester, I wasn't trying to piss anyone off.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time here GHRBG, but I don't care for revisionist history either, which is basically what your second post on this subject is. In the first post you said "I have a pretty good idea why", by the second post it was "I was just taking a guess". Not exactly the same thing. If you had just skipped the second paragraph of the first post you probably could have avoided any comment at all from other posters here. The advice still stands that as a fan of another team you should be certain of the reason for something that is negative to ND before posting it here. It's up to you whether you take that advice or not.

GHRBG
06-29-2008, 07:38 PM
I'm not trying to give you a hard time here GHRBG, but I don't care for revisionist history either, which is basically what your second post on this subject is. In the first post you said "I have a pretty good idea why", by the second post it was "I was just taking a guess". Not exactly the same thing. If you had just skipped the second paragraph of the first post you probably could have avoided any comment at all from other posters here. The advice still stands that as a fan of another team you should be certain of the reason for something that is negative to ND before posting it here. It's up to you whether you take that advice or not.

'I have a pretty good idea why' is essentially just ignorant on my part because I have no understanding of how sites determine any number of things, that includes why they would pull a video as well. Understood though, I basically assumed that the comments by Watt were said in a different context and it was getting a lot of play which is why the video was pulled but that obviously isn't the case. Obviously seeing it on other sites as quickly as I did made me wonder, and FWIW some are still saying Watt is speeding up the whole process and was at Penn State on Saturday. Whether that is true I don't know, maybe he will be at Penn State Wednesday and then BC the following day but if he wasn't on campus Saturday I won't be holding my breath that he even shows up...I think ND is going to get him but tOSU posters are ridiculously confident as well.

JDubbs
06-29-2008, 09:13 PM
I DID NOT watch the video, Anyway, my personal focus is not Watt. .

Then why post unfounded bull shit about Chris Watt in the Chris Watt thread?

JDubbs
06-29-2008, 09:17 PM
Some have asked for some info on the interview. If it existed in a vacuum, without the rest of the BS that swirls around.....it would lead you to believe that he is Irish. But it doesn't exist in a vacuum and apparently, he has had conversations with both ND and OSU recruits and or players and (careful how I word this) led them to believe that he would be commiting to either school.

Gut feeling, the kid doesn't know for sure. He knows he has what he views to be two really positive choices for different reasons.

The one thing that has me so hopeful is the fact that he used the phrase 40 year decision not a 4 year decision. We have outstanding recruiting results with a kid who looks at this important decision from that perspective.

cols_irish
06-29-2008, 09:19 PM
I saw the interview done by Wilfong that was pulled.

Watt DID mention that he thought some players were out of shape.

Overall it seemed like a very positive interview as far as ND's chances.

SpanishElite
06-29-2008, 09:20 PM
Some have asked for some info on the interview. If it existed in a vacuum, without the rest of the BS that swirls around.....it would lead you to believe that he is Irish. But it doesn't exist in a vacuum and apparently, he has had conversations with both ND and OSU recruits and or players and (careful how I word this) led them to believe that he would be commiting to either school.

Gut feeling, the kid doesn't know for sure. He knows he has what he views to be two really positive choices for different reasons.

The one thing that has me so hopeful is the fact that he used the phrase 40 year decision not a 4 year decision. We have outstanding recruiting results with a kid who looks at this important decision from that perspective.

Thanks Dubbs. Yea all the other post... that stuff doesnt matter. Lets get back to information on the prospect. I agree from what it sounds like Watt doesnt really know either and seem to be inbetween schools. Top 2.. I can take that tough.

stonebreakerwasgod
06-29-2008, 09:25 PM
Nice job Dubbs.

rontdtarchala
06-29-2008, 11:02 PM
hey on a side note I just saw some real cool fireworks... sorry I thought I'd try and lightn things up

GHRBG
06-29-2008, 11:14 PM
Then why post unfounded bull shit about Chris Watt in the Chris Watt thread?

I've seen at least 2 other posters mention exactly what I posted, in this very thread, so how exactly is it unfounded bull shit? I have already admitted I didn't know the context, but I figured it was negative because of how quickly word got around to numerous sites as well as many buckeye posters. Really isn't that hard to understand, I think your taking it personally because the ND offensive line blew last year but I'm not even trying to go in that direction at all. If he was joking then he was joking, but your acting like I just came up with this out of thin air. I simply posted what was being talked about the last day or so with regard to Watt, and the fact that nobody seems willing to confirm or deny that Watt was at Penn State on Saturday tells me he probably was and is trying to speed up the trips so he can get this all over with and choose either ND or tOSU.

irishunclebill
06-29-2008, 11:52 PM
I've seen at least 2 other posters mention exactly what I posted, in this very thread, so how exactly is it unfounded bull shit? I have already admitted I didn't know the context, but I figured it was negative because of how quickly word got around to numerous sites as well as many buckeye posters. Really isn't that hard to understand, I think your taking it personally because the ND offensive line blew last year but I'm not even trying to go in that direction at all. If he was joking then he was joking, but your acting like I just came up with this out of thin air. I simply posted what was being talked about the last day or so with regard to Watt, and the fact that nobody seems willing to confirm or deny that Watt was at Penn State on Saturday tells me he probably was and is trying to speed up the trips so he can get this all over with and choose either ND or tOSU.

JDubbs, I'm going to ask you not to respond to this post. It's going nowhere, is getting personal, and has nothing to do with where Chris Watt will end up.

I will answer it though GHRBG. BS may not be the 100% correct term for what you said, but you did imply that a video interview with Watt on a ND recruiting site was taken down because Watt said something negative about ND, despite the fact that you never saw the video and admittedly picked up your implication from an OSU board. As it turns out what he said was a joke, and anything he said had nothing to do with the reasons why the video was taken down. As an ND fan I think JDubbs has every right to be inflamed by an implication posted by a fan of another team, especially when that fan was getting his knowledge second hand from another team's website. That is perilously close to what we ND fans call trolling.

Let's end this here, any further response from you on this subject will be not be favorably looked upon by the moderator of this forum.

Akron Irish
06-30-2008, 12:02 AM
I like cheeseburgers too. Just sayin

irishunclebill
06-30-2008, 12:04 AM
I like cheeseburgers too. Just sayin

"Doot do do do do doot doot
Living in the U.S.A.
Come on try it, you can buy it, you can leave it next week, yeah
Somebody give me a cheeseburger."

irishunclebill
06-30-2008, 11:26 AM
For the record Watt was not at PSU on Saturday, he is there today. He will visit BC tomorrow, not Wednesday as has been reported elsewhere, and that will be his final visit. Unless something dramatic happens when he sits down and looks at his options after that last visit, I expect him to be a Buckeye before the end of this week.

zimmsbg78
06-30-2008, 11:42 AM
Chris says he is down to Virginia, Illinois, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Northwestern, Iowa, Penn State and Boston College. He will decide after taking an unofficial to BC.

Chris also said he enjoyed his visit to South Bend and that he felt good about tOSU's staff telling him to take his time.

IrishGrizz
06-30-2008, 12:03 PM
WOW. Go away for a little vacation and miss the whole 10 pages of posts on Watt and still no commitment to a school.

Plus I missed a banning. Crap, I have to get a wireless hookup to keep up.

Its gonna take all week to get caught up-

Come on Chris, Join the Irish and make this thread OBE.

NDisNCin2010
06-30-2008, 02:29 PM
FWIW O-Line guys never look "in shape" even when we are.
Did Watt think our Big Ugglies were going to be these chiseled, ripped, washboard-abbed, infomercial Adonises?

JDubbs
06-30-2008, 05:22 PM
Now I'm very sad. IUB is never wrong with this stuff.

irishunclebill
06-30-2008, 05:27 PM
Now I'm very sad. IUB is never wrong with this stuff.

There is always a first time, and there is always a chance until the Fat Lady sings. I'm just reading the tea leaves here and there is still a possibility that when they sit down as a family that they all agree that ND is the best place for him long term.

irishziggy
06-30-2008, 05:31 PM
There is always a first time, and there is always a chance until the Fat Lady sings. I'm just reading the tea leaves here and there is still a possibility that when they sit down as a family that they all agree that ND is the best place for him long term.

what are the tea leaves sayin IUB? I know I read that he was very close to committing to us, thought we at least pulled even w/OSU if not ahead.

SoCalDomer
06-30-2008, 05:33 PM
tea leaves vvvvvvvvvvvvvv

For the record Watt was not at PSU on Saturday, he is there today. He will visit BC tomorrow, not Wednesday as has been reported elsewhere, and that will be his final visit. Unless something dramatic happens when he sits down and looks at his options after that last visit, I expect him to be a Buckeye before the end of this week.