PDA

View Full Version : It's time for baseball!

Svoboda
03-02-2007, 03:41 PM
Anyone else excited that spring training has kicked off? I've already picked up tickets for several major and minor league contests and can't wait for Summer!

Ballpark hot dogs, cold beer and good times!

scooper
03-02-2007, 03:50 PM
By now it's well known that I'm not the biggest baseball fan, but it's still nice to have the new season ring in some warmer weather.

I'll maybe hit a game or two in the first couple months before losing interest as football mini camps kick in.

Great American Ballpark is a nice place to take in a game.

Svoboda
03-02-2007, 04:13 PM
I'm not a diehard baseball fan, but I like the sport (steroids or not) and I absolutely must have some sort of sport going on so I don't go insane. LOL

Luckily both of my boys play as well, so we've got that starting up soon, too.

Tommy
03-02-2007, 05:47 PM
ussualy I dont watch baseball but I caught the braves and pirates preseason game and must say it brought back some fond memories

ACamp1900
03-02-2007, 10:14 PM
While I love NOTRE DAME football more than anything sports related, for pure sport NOTHING beats baseball... greatest game ever!!!!

America.... Baseball.... yeah buddy!

PLAY BALL!!!

(Already listened to two meaningless spring training games on the radio for crying out loud)

Svoboda
03-02-2007, 10:18 PM
ussualy I dont watch baseball but I caught the braves and pirates preseason game and must say it brought back some fond memories
I threw that game on, too. The Pirates are the big league affiliate for the Indianapolis Indians, a AAA team we go see quite a bit.

One of my family traditions is to go to the game on the 4th of July as they have fireworks after the game and then you stay to watch the city fireworks show in your seat as the backdrop to the outfield is the city skyline. Great park and atmosphere.

http://community.iexplore.com/photos/journal_photos/indianapolis02_indinas2_igo.jpg

ACamp1900
03-02-2007, 10:22 PM
I threw that game on, too. The Pirates are the big league affiliate for the Indianapolis Indians, a AAA team we go see quite a bit.

One of my family traditions is to go to the game on the 4th of July as they have fireworks after the game and then you stay to watch the city fireworks show in your seat as the backdrop

Mine too... every year for about five/six years now... If the Angels are out of town we hit up the High Desert Mavericks here in Victorville... each year one is away and one if home... good stuff