PDA

View Full Version : '14 NJ DE Andrew Trumbetti (3/23/13 Notre Dame LOI EE)

zimmsbg78
05-29-2012, 09:26 AM
Defensive End
Demarest, New Jersey
Demarest

Height:6'5"
Weight:249 lbs

Links of Interest:
http://rivals.yahoo.com/notredame/football/recruiting/player-Andrew-Trumbetti-140757

http://247sports.com/Player/Andrew-Trumbetti-22065

Multimedia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wQbNu5EFseI

Junior year.......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcqlbfIfDrY&feature=player_embedded

Senior year.......
http://youtu.be/R97EwCeZ-e8

Andrew currently holds verbal offers from Boston College, Rutgers and FIU. Receiving interest from ND, UConn, Maryland, State Penn, Stanford and UVA. Andrew unofficially visited ND last year as he was a participant at ND's camp. He plans to unofficially visit and attend ND's summer camp again this summer as well as Rutgers.

zimmsbg78
05-29-2012, 09:27 AM
http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/notre-dame-football-recruiting/7063-2014-de-camping-with-purpose (free)

Andrew Trumbetti has already picked up offers from Boston College, Rutgers and Florida International.

“It’s pretty awesome,” said the 6-foot-4, 250-pound defensive end/tight end from Demarest High School (Demarest, N.J.)

“I try not to let it get to my head because I still have to play my junior season and work hard. It’s pretty exciting though.”

Trumbetti is also receiving interest from schools like Stanford, Penn State, Virginia, Maryland and Notre Dame.

“Stanford came in the other day and there’s a bunch of schools,” he said. “It’s pretty awesome to know that I’m getting attention from them.”

Irish defensive coordinator Bob Diaco recruits New Jersey for Notre Dame and has been in touch.

“He’s talked to a coach of mine,” Trumbetti said. “He just told me to come up to the camp and he’s going to be watching me and he’ll know I’m there.”

Trumbetti camped at Notre Dame last summer and says, “I’m definitely going back. It was awesome. It was amazing.”

Trumbetti’s affection for Notre Dame goes back a long way.

“I’ve been a Notre Dame fan my whole life,” he said. “I basically know all of the history and everything about it. It’s a great football school and it’s just a great school in general.”

He’s ready to return to South Bend this summer with something to prove.

“I just know I have to work because if I want to go there, I have to show them that I can play,” he said.

An offer from the Irish would make a major impact on his recruitment.

“That would probably be the best day of my whole life,” he admitted. “I’ve been a Notre Dame my whole life and I’ve dreamed of playing for them.”

That doesn’t necessarily mean a commitment would immediately follow.

“I’m not really sure,” he said. “It all depends. They’d definitely be my number one school, but I wouldn’t want to burn any bridges.”

Trumbetti will be looking for a couple of things when evaluating colleges.

“Academics and definitely a team that could hopefully win a national championship, which is probably my biggest goal,” he said.

Trumbetti likes getting after it on defense, but some schools see him as an offensive player.

“Some are recruiting me as a tight end, some as an athlete and some as defensive end,” he said. “I’m not really sure what each school wants me to play.”

Trumbetti believes his attitude is one of his biggest strengths.

“How bad I want,” he said. “I want to be one of the best players in the country if not the best defensive end in the country. I’ve always been a hard worker.”

zimmsbg78
06-19-2012, 12:34 PM
http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/notre-dame-football-recruiting/7173-2014-des-excited-for-nd-camp (free)

Andrew Trumbetti isn’t going to do too many camps this summer.

The 2014 defensive end from New Jersey camped at Rutgers earlier this month and has another camp planned later this week, but that’s it.

“I’m still on for the Notre Dame camp on the 22nd,” the 6-foot-4, 250-pounder from Demarest High School (Demarest, N.J.) said.

Trumbetti (pictured) has offers from Rutgers, Boston College and Florida International, but won’t be hitting the camp circuit in full force looking for more. That being said, he’s definitely hoping to add one from the Irish.

“I just want to show them that I can play for them,” he said of the Irish coaches. “That's basically it. I really want to go there, so I just want to show them that I can play at that level.”

Trumbetti grew up a huge Notre Dame fan and while he probably wouldn’t commit to the Irish on the spot if offered, he did acknowledge that they’d jump right to the top of his list.

“I’ve been a Notre Dame fan my whole life,” he said. “I basically know all of the history and everything about it. It’s a great football school and it’s just a great school in general.”

He’s hoping the Notre Dame staff will be impressed with what it sees.

“My biggest thing, I think, is my speed,” Trumbetti said. “I'm a big kid, but people underestimate me for my speed. Football is a game of speed as much as anything else now.”

Trumbetti said he clocked a 4.64 in the 40-yard dash at Rutgers camp, which would certainly catch the attention of the Irish staff considering his frame. That speed has led some schools to recruit Trumbetti as a tight end and others to recruit him as an athlete, saying they’d decide which side of the ball he’d fit in at a later date.

The New Jersey prospect hasn’t had much direct contact with the Notre Dame staff, but they have expressed interest.

“I haven't really talked to them, but I know that they're talking to my coaches,” he said.

irishunclebill
06-26-2012, 06:30 PM
Andrew camped at ND yesterday and is staying in South Bend until tomorrow when he meets with Coach Kelly and hopes to pick up an offer.

HoffVir
06-27-2012, 11:07 AM
Irish Sports Daily ‏@ISDUpdate
2014 NJ DE Andrew Trumbetti is leaving #NotreDame w/ a bit of food poisioning, but he's also leaving with an offer from his dream school.
11:02 AM - 27 Jun 12

zimmsbg78
07-03-2012, 09:01 AM
http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/notre-dame-football-recruiting/7236-irish-clear-favorite-for-trumbetti (free)

Andrew Trumbetti camped at Notre Dame last week with a purpose and the 2014 New Jersey defensive end accomplished his goal of earning an offer from the Irish before he left.

“It's awesome,” said the 6-foot-4, 250-pounder from Demarest High School in Demarest, N.J.

“I knew I could do it. I'm not going to let it get to my head, but I know that I can compete at that level. I'm excited to get on the field and show it during the season. I’m going to have to get out there and give it everything I have.”

Even though Trumbetti, a lifelong Notre Dame fan, knew he was capable of it, he was still stunned to learn the news from Brian Kelly.

“I really didn't expect it,” he said. “When I was with Coach Kelly, it was awesome because I watch him on Saturdays and finally being in the same room as him and having a conversation with him was almost unreal. It was a great day.”

Trumbetti, who also has offers from programs like Boston College, Maryland and Rutgers among others, isn’t ready to make a decision yet, but does have Notre Dame as his firm leader.

“Definitely,” he said. “As of now, they are my number one.”

Tradition is the main reason why the Irish are ahead at this point.

“You don't really realize how much tradition they have until someone explains it to you and you really go there and see it for yourself,” he said.

Trumbetti may have been shocked to see the offer come to fruition, but he did have an idea of what was coming as conversations with Notre Dame defensive line coach Mike Elston seemed to be pointing in that direction.

“The coach kept hinting it to me,” said Trumbetti. “He would say little things that were hinting at it. He started saying those things within the first couple of days and the third day was when I finally got the offer.

“I went on a personal tour of the whole campus with Coach Elston and finally got into Coach Kelly’s office and he formally offered me. He said that they had a scholarship set aside for me. He said all of the coaches were excited and saw what I could do.”

Going into the camp, Trumbetti was excited for the chance to show the Irish staff what he could do and took advantage of the opportunity.

“I was able to go against a couple of offensive linemen in the Class of 2013,” he said. “I did really well against them and really showed them that I could compete with kids at that level. I definitely showed them how I can get off the ball because that was the first thing they noticed about me.”

Trumbetti doesn’t have a timeline for a potential decision.

“I haven't really decided yet,” he said. “When I feel like I'm 100 percent sure where I want to go, that's when I'll make my decision.

“Right now, I want to focus on my team and my team’s goals.”

stew654
10-30-2012, 11:03 AM
October 29, 2012

2014 DE names favorite

Adam Friedman
Rivals.com Football Recruiting

To say Andrew Trumbetti has taken a liking to Notre Dame is a bit of an understatement. The defensive end from Demarest (N.J.) has seven offers but the Irish are clearly the team to beat.

Purebred Irishman
11-05-2012, 10:41 AM
http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/notre-dame-football-recruiting/8042-recruiting-week-in-review

Andrew Trumbetti DE, 6-4, 250, Demarest High School, Demarest, NJ has had an outstanding season thus far, recording 10.5 sacks and his recruitment has picked up accordingly. He currently holds offers from Notre Dame, Maryland, Boston College, Rutgers, Purdue and Virginia. Trumbetti picked up an offer at a Notre Dame camp this summer and the Irish have been his leader ever since.

“They send me hand-written letters to my house,” informed Trumbetti. “I talk with Coach Kelly on Facebook, we message each other back and forth. That’s about it. They keep telling me I have to come back for a game, so hopefully I’ll be able to get back for one.”

Trumbetti hopes to get to a game this season and is targeting the Wake Forest game later this month.

“Hopefully,” Trumbetti said of a visit to South Bend. “I really want to go.”

While he has not set a timetable for any decision, he sounds like a young man that plans to decide sooner rather than later.

“When I feel like it’s time for me to commit, I’ll do it,” he explained. “Maybe after the season, it might be two weeks after the season. I don’t know. I’m just really not sure.”

zimmsbg78
11-06-2012, 08:43 AM
Video interview from ESPN Recruiting Nation.....

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8574225

zimmsbg78
12-17-2012, 09:53 AM
http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/notre-dame-football-recruiting/8326-irish-remain-on-top-for-trumbetti (free)

Andrew Trumbetti has had several colleges stop by Demarest High School (Demarest, N.J.) to check on him over the last couple weeks.

“Notre Dame has been by a couple of times,” the 6-foot-4, 250-pound defensive end said. “Michigan State, Alabama, Rutgers a lot, Maryland and there have been plenty of other schools.”

Notre Dame defensive coordinator Bob Diaco handles recruiting the state of New Jersey for the Irish and visited the school. As a junior, the 2014 prospect can’t have much direct contact with the visiting coaches, but he still appreciates them taking the time to do so.

“When Coach Diaco came in, he didn’t really see me, but he told my coach to tell me he was here checking on me,” Trumbetti said. “It’s pretty cool having all of these Division-I college coaches coming in to see me.”

Trumbetti has had the opportunity to talk to coaches on the phone and spoke with Diaco last week.

“He was asking me about my timeline for my commitment,” Trumbetti recalled. “I told him I want my mom to come visit before I make a decision on what I’m going to do. I’m not going to jump right into it when I’m not sure yet.”

Trumbetti picked up an offer from Notre Dame after attending camp in South Bend this summer. The lifelong Notre Dame fan immediately tabbed the Irish as his leader and says that’s “definitely” still the case now. Still, he isn’t going to rush things and is excited about the idea of showing his mother what his father had the chance to see this summer.

“I told my mom about it and how amazing it is, but you can’t experience it until you’re there,” he said. “You can see pictures, but you don’t really see how awesome it is until you get there. I really want her to experience it firsthand.”

The trip is likely to happen sometime next month.

“I was hoping we could take a trip during winter break because my brother is also coming home for college and hopefully he can come up with us and take a look,” said Trumbetti. “Most likely it’ll be early next month, after the holidays because it’s hectic right now.”

Trumbetti, who also has offers from Boston College, Rutgers, Virginia and Purdue among others, plans to take other trips as well in the coming months.

“I’m probably going to go visit Rutgers again,” he said. “I’d like to go visit to Maryland, Alabama, Stanford, Ohio State, Michigan State and a few other schools.”

And while Notre Dame is in a strong position, like he said, Trumbetti wants to be sure before announcing a commitment.

“I want to see some other places first and then make a decision. I don’t want to jump right into it.”

zimmsbg78
02-07-2013, 10:45 AM
Junior year.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcqlbfIfDrY&feature=player_embedded

Purebred Irishman
02-07-2013, 04:54 PM
ISDUpdate: 2014 NJ DE @AndrewTrumbetti will be at #NotreDame Jr. Day next month.

HoffVir
03-23-2013, 06:21 PM
Jason Sapp ‏@BGI_JasonSapp
RT @Jay_Hayes7: With the bro @AndrewTrumbetti! NDnation show him love! We gotta get him in the class of 2014!
4:32 PM - 23 Mar 13

isotopes
03-23-2013, 07:20 PM
@AndrewTrumbetti: Officially Part of the Notre Dame family

Jiggafini19
03-23-2013, 07:34 PM
Committed to Notre Dame.

therizz
03-23-2013, 10:23 PM
Big time get by the Irish. If they get Andrew Williams and one more nose. Look out!

rikrok58
03-23-2013, 11:00 PM
I know its early and he isn't ranked by Rivals yet, but I love his size, looks like a kid that could put on quite a bit of good weight

LOVEMYIRISH
03-23-2013, 11:50 PM
It's won in the trenches and this will help build depth...I am thrilled!

lowayne
03-24-2013, 12:28 PM
Trumbetti is ranked pretty well on 24/7. http://247sports.com/Player/Andrew-Trumbetti-22065

HoffVir
03-24-2013, 11:51 PM
Andrew Trumbetti ‏@AndrewTrumbetti
Despite my mom breaking her foot,forgetting socks, and breaking my beats, I would call this a great weekend
11:39 PM - 24 Mar 13

zimmsbg78
03-25-2013, 12:26 PM
http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1487349 (free)

When Andrew Trumbetti landed a scholarship offer from Notre Dame last June the 6-foot-5, 250-pound defensive end from Demarest, N.J., considered it a dream come true.

"I dreamt about that moment since I was a little kid," he said after talking with Irish head coach Brian Kelly. "It hit me about 10 minutes after I met with him. I was like, 'wow, I just got a scholarship from Notre Dame.' It's pretty awesome. I didn't feel like it was real."

Trumbetti spent the next nine months focused on his junior season and sorting through the recruiting process.

That all came to a close on Saturday during another visit to South Bend. Trumbetti ended the recruiting process with a verbal commitment to the Irish.

"Best feeling in the world," Trumbetti said via text.

Trumbetti is the fifth verbal commitment and second defensive lineman in Notre Dame's recruiting class of 2014.

Stay tuned to Irish Illustrated for more on Trumbetti's decision to go Irish.

zimmsbg78
03-25-2013, 12:48 PM
http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/notre-dame-football-recruiting/8940-weekend-wrap (free)

The ceiling wasn’t the highest, in fact it was relatively low, but Notre Dame just about hit it during the Irish’s Junior Day this weekend.

One prospect was on Commitment Watch and he pulled the trigger. A pair of other top targets realized the unique opportunities at Notre Dame. A couple pledges were strengthened and the Irish made a great case with a target they could end up offering down the road.

TRUMBETTI GOES IRISH: While much had been made of Andrew Trumbetti’s comments about being impressed by a recent visit to Florida, Irish Sports Daily believed that a desire to visit Stanford was the only thing that stood between the New Jersey defensive end and a commitment to Notre Dame. The Irish’s presentation on Saturday clearly convinced Trumbetti to follow his dream, which he did by announcing his commitment later that night.

It was easy to envision Trumbetti holding off a bit to make the trip to Palo Alto considering he’d held off committing to Notre Dame for almost nine months, but it always seemed like a matter of time before he made it official.

Defensive line commit Jay Hayes was as excited as anybody and while the coaches see Trumbett playing some linebacker, the focus upfront will now shift to defensive tackle, according to Hayes.

The Irish already have offers out to defensive tackles Khairi Clark, Josh Frazier, Anthony Moten and Thomas Holley. New Jersey’s Antoine White is another player to keep an eye on in the middle.

HoffVir
08-14-2013, 10:47 AM
Trumbetti Owns High Expectations
WEDNESDAY, 14 AUGUST 2013 07:39 CHRISTIAN MCCOLLUM

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/images/resized/images/stories/2014_recruits/andrewtrumbetti2_200_200.jpg

Andrew Trumbetti’s Northern Valley Regional High School squad started practicing earlier this month and the 2014 Notre Dame defensive line/linebacker commit was excited to get the pads on.

“It’s definitely awesome,” the 6-foot-4, 250-pounder from Demarest, N.J., said.

“Having captains’ practices with no pads on is definitely frustrating because everyone wants to get out there and hit. Now that we have our pads on, our attitudes have changed and it’s awesome.”

The real excitement will come on Sept. 12th, though, when the Norsemen open up the season against Bergenfield.

“Our team is going to be awesome,” Trumbetti said. “We’re returning a lot of guys and our defense is going to be awesome. We have a lot of guys on the defensive line. I’m playing linebacker this year. My coach just wanted to take advantage of my athleticism in space.”

After a 4-6 season in 2012, Northern Valley Regional’s goals are extremely high this year.

“We’re trying to win every game,” Trumbetti said. “That’s a goal every team should have, but I definitely feel like with the leadership and talent we have this year, we can accomplish that as long as everyone comes together.

“We just need everyone having the same mindset. You can’t have one person think that we can’t do it. Everyone has to have the same mindset and that’s really what we’re focusing on this year. We can win it all this year and if everyone is in it together, we’re going to win it, I promise anyone.”

Trumbetti is especially excited because of the bond he believes the team has, one that’s been forming for several years.

“It’s awesome,” he said. “Last year, we really didn’t have that feeling. It’s awesome having everyone on the same page. Everyone, everyone thinks that we’re going to win it this year. I’m just so excited for it and so is everyone else.

“We’re all close. The people who have been there from the beginning are still here, the people I’ve been playing with for 10 years are still together.”

Trumbetti’s focus is firmly on his senior season, but he has managed to stay in contact with his future classmates at Notre Dame through group texting. He’s also become very close with fellow defensive line commit Jay Hayes.

“Jay’s my man,” Trumbetti laughed. “I can’t wait until me and him get up to camp.

“We’ve only met one time in person, but that’s all we really needed to become as close as we are. Jay is just an awesome guy with an awesome family. We have the same goals. I knew he was going to be one of my best friends there right away because what we want to do and the way we play is basically the same. I’m just really excited to get there with him.”

Trumbetti has stayed in touch with Notre Dame defensive coordinator Bob Diaco as well.

“I haven’t really called him too much, but when I need to, I text Coach if I have a question,” he said. “He messages me on Facebook. We stay in touch, but I wouldn’t say we talk every day.”

Trumbetti is looking forward to returning to South Bend for a game this fall, likely with Hayes.

“I want to get back there for the last home game. It all depends on if our team is in the playoffs. I definitely want to get back there for the BYU game.”

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/notre-dame-football-recruiting/9675-trumbetti-owns-high-expectations

zimmsbg78
11-12-2013, 10:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=K3rT3w47w-s

HoffVir
12-29-2013, 05:01 PM
Tom Luginbill ‏@TomLuginbill
DE Andre Trumbetti is a guy that you better buckle your chin starp against. Running on 93 octane that one. #NotreDame #UAALLAMERICA
Retweeted by Andrew Trumbetti
4:51 PM - 29 Dec 13

Jeff Mooneyhan ‏@JMoon_44
@TomLuginbill what's your eval on him?
4:54 PM - 29 Dec 13

Tom Luginbill ‏@TomLuginbill
@JMoon_44 Do you remember Anthony Chickillo now at Miami? He's like him.
4:58 PM - 29 Dec 13

HoffVir
01-02-2014, 11:57 PM
January 2, 2014
They Will: Next step for Irish commits
Jake Brown
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - Andrew Trumbetti had never been tested like this.

Later this month the defensive end from Demarest, N.J., will show up on the Notre Dame campus to begin his college career with a better perspective of what it will take to succeed at the highest level as a result. He can thank his week preparing for the Under Armour All-America Game for that.

“It definitely humbled me a lot because everyone is just as good or better than you,” Trumbetti said. “That was probably the best part of the week. I know I have to go back home and have a lot to work on. I have a lot to get better at.”

Trumbetti succeeding in showing off his speed and athleticism, winning the lineman skills challenge along the way.

But adding more pass rushing moves and doing better work with his hands to counteract the punch and length of opposing offensive linemen is something the 6-foot-5, 249-pound prospect plans to work on in short order.

“I need to use my hands better,” Trumbetti said. “I’m fast off the ball and I have a lot of power also but I need better moves against offensive linemen. I need to work on my run blocks too. I’ve got to stay low. Everything. I’ve just got to improve a lot.”

Trumbetti took those lessons to the turf at Tropicana Field on Thursday hoping to impress.

He covered the opening kickoff for Team Nitro and suffered a minor injury, limiting his action in a 31-21 Team Highlight win. Despite not contributing much to the final result, Trumbetti felt like the hype of being an Under Armour All-American lived up to expectations.

“It was awesome,” he said. “I had a great time. On the opening kickoff I pulled my groin. It was the worst luck I probably could’ve ever had. It was bothering me all game, so I didn’t play that much. When I did, I did alright. It was bothering me a lot.”

Walking into the tunnel marked the end of a successful high school career.

Trumbetti fielded offers from Boston College, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Maryland, Miami, Michigan State, Penn State, Purdue, Rutgers, Stanford and Virginia, among others, before making a commitment to Notre Dame back in March.

Now the next step awaits.

“I want to play as a freshman,” Trumbetti said. “I want to get on the field. I wanna get better at everything I do. Get better every day. That’s it.”

http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1593664

irishunclebill
01-08-2014, 04:40 PM
Scheduled to arrive on campus this weekend, will room with fellow EE Justin Brent.

HoffVir
01-17-2014, 10:40 AM
Steve Wiltfong ‏@SWiltfong247
I think Top100 DE Andrew Trumbetti is an instant impact player for #NotreDame next fall. Enrolled early: http://notredame.247sports.com/Season/2014-Football/Commits … #ND #Irish
10:34 AM - 17 Jan 2014

HoffVir
01-21-2014, 06:55 PM
Andrew Trumbetti ‏@AndrewTrumbetti
Senior Year Highlight Tape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R97EwCeZ-e8 …
6:48 PM - 21 Jan 2014

Purebred Irishman
02-05-2014, 09:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-pbCF-7ymQ

Purebred Irishman
09-18-2014, 05:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7H4KHYj8-k&list=UUE4eowdQYjxFuDSlnsan94Q

Purebred Irishman
10-05-2014, 05:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhYG31v-yGg&list=UUAMR05qSc5mfhVx20fDyAoQ