PDA

View Full Version : '13 TX WR Corey Robinson (3/27/12 Notre Dame LOI EE)

zimmsbg78
02-15-2012, 08:35 AM
Wide Receiver
San Antonio, Texas
San Antonio Christian

Links of Interest:
Corey Robinson - Yahoo! Sports (http://rivals.yahoo.com/notredame/football/recruiting/player-Corey-Robinson-134773;_ylt=AsbF.BGGV6sqSGPpkX7I9uxVtJB4)

Height:6'4"
Weight:195 lbs
Class:2013 (High School)

Multimedia

Corey received his first verbal offer from ND. Receiving interest from Stanford, Baylor, Air Force, Duke, Northwestern, Navy, Vanderbilt, Wake Forest and Rice. Corey is indeed the son of NBA hall of famer David Robinson (my personal favorite b ball player). Corey attended the AA Army Combine and was named to the Honorable Mention team for WR's.

zimmsbg78
02-15-2012, 08:38 AM
IrishIllustrated.com - Irish court Hall of Fame legacy (http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1331619) (free) with video interview of his father at the AA Army Combine

Corey Robinson arrived at the athletics office after school Tuesday confused.

The fact his parents were there was even more confounding. First it dawned on Robinson that his younger brother had golf tryouts. Then came the voicemail and, inexplicably, his mother started taking video.

After a few minutes Robinson realized this meeting between coach, player and family had nothing to do with golf. Notre Dame cornerbacks coach and co-defensive coordinator Kerry Cooks, who recruits Texas, put in a call to extend a scholarship offer to the 6-foot-4, 195-pound wide receiver.

When the message stopped Robinson looked around the room in disbelief.

"I thought he was going to say something like, 'We would love to see some film of Corey or if we could see some tape that'd be great,'" Robinson said. "But when he said they would offer me a full ride. I don't even know. I was amazed. I looked at my dad and my mom and my coach and was like, 'What did he say? Is he serious?' I was very, very excited."

In seconds an uncertain recruitment turned into something altogether different. Robinson had yet to receive an offer until Cooks reached out. The message and follow-up conversation served as Robinson's first contact with the Irish.

Cooks impressed upon his newest target that he and the rest of the coaching staff, from Brian Kelly on down, are serious about their pursuit.

"He was telling me how excited they are to offer me and how they really want me on their team," Robinson said. "That kind of stuff. He wanted to get me in contact with the offensive staff."

Whatever Notre Dame sees in Robinson is no surprise given his athletic bloodlines, although the fact he's football prospect is a mild upset.

The family name carries cache in San Antonio and beyond because Robinson's father David is kind of a big deal. He played college basketball at Navy before being selected by the Spurs with the first overall pick in the 1987 draft. He went on to win two championships and go down as one of the best centers in NBA history.

Yes, that David Robinson, who retired in 2003 and earned election to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame as part of a 2009 class that included Michael Jordan, John Stockton and coach Jerry Sloan.

"He's usually telling me you've got to be a leader and lead by example," Corey Robinson said. "When you're on the court you've gotta be the hardest working one out there because people who have talent, they might fall by the wayside because they don't want to work as hard as everyone else. You've gotta outwork everybody and that's how success comes."

It's only been in the last couple years that Robinson has taken to the gridiron with realistic hopes to play beyond high school. At first he tried out for the team just to play with his brother, but over time his ability started to show.

In January he attended to the U.S. Army Combine at the Alamodome.

But it was last season that Robinson started to realize his own potential. San Antonio Christian receivers coach and offensive coordinator Brandon Parrott could see the light bulb flick on for the junior.

"He's not even close to what he can be," said Parrott, who played college ball at Kansas. "The reason I say that is because it was just this last season that he was realizing himself that he could be pretty good. He's done what I've told him to do, he's done what he's been coached to do. He's just been out there playing. But it hadn't clicked that, 'Hey man, I could actually be pretty good at this.' This last season it finally clicked."

Since the combine last month more college programs have checked in. Air Force, Baylor, Duke, Navy, Northwestern, Rice, Stanford, Texas-San Antonio, Vanderbilt and Wake Forest have all expressed interest.

While contact with Notre Dame is preliminary, it might be the most familiar program on the list. He and his father attended the Navy game last fall along with some family friends.

Robinson left impressed.

"Everyone was really into the game when we went," Robinson said. "A lot of alumni came back and I thought that was really cool. I actually got to tour a little bit of the campus because we were with some alumni. I just loved the openness and the space. The game, everybody was into it and I loved the tradition with the pushups. That was awesome."

In the near term Robinson plans to remain open about the recruiting process, something that is admittedly new.

Notre Dame jumping into the mix could trigger more offers, but that's only one factor that comes into play. Parrott sees a prospect that will be coveted by programs across the country once they realize the receiver's talent.

"Corey is the combination coaches are looking for with size, athletic ability, great academics, great grades and outstanding character," Parrott said. "He's a special one."

zimmsbg78
02-15-2012, 08:42 AM
David Robinson's son Corey*becoming football star, Renaissance man - The Bonus - SI.com (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/the_bonus/02/07/corey.robinson/index.html?sct=hs_t11_a1)

Long read but interesting..........

The emerging portrait of 16-year-old Corey Robinson -- athlete, musician, scholar -- combines the light and shadow of two eras. He is a mass of Renaissance brush strokes on a canvas of 21st Century color.

The middle son of Hall of Fame basketball center David Robinson, Corey excels as a wide receiver at San Antonio Christian (Texas) High, ranks among the top 10 students in his junior class and possesses an astonishing range of abilities and interests.

He taught himself to play the guitar and drums, took 10 years of piano, learned the ukulele on vacation, played the saxophone in middle school, picked up the bass from his dad, makes jaw-dropping dunks for the basketball team, is a two-time state tennis qualifier in doubles, loves to cook, is teaching himself to speak French and plans to learn Italian over the summer.

Until recently, he considered following his famous father to the U.S. Naval Academy. Four years of academic rigor, followed by a five-year enlistment seemed like a great way to serve his country and see the world. But then he blossomed into something he never expected -- a star football player attracting the attention of Division I schools.

With his sure hands, athletic genes and body type -- 6-foot-5, 190 pounds and still growing -- Corey recognizes the possibilities. He also recognizes the dicey, uncertain path to the NFL. After a recent basketball practice, Corey took a seat on the gym bleachers and mused about his future. "I'd like to become a doctor or a biologist, of some sort," he said. "Or maybe work in the film industry."

Basketball does not fit into the picture. Hoops is a diversion, something to do between the fall and spring. "Football," he says, "is my best sport."

At the same age, Corey's father did not play hoops. He played piano, taught himself the saxophone, listened to jazz, enjoyed classical music, amused himself with computers, played golf and tennis, read voraciously and fiddled with electronics. He once built a 6-foot television set from a kit, just to see if he could. "I think Corey gets a little bit of his [varied] interests from me," David says, "but he takes it to the next level."

The father once bought a drum kit for his son. David forgot about it until he walked into his brother's church and saw Corey, drumming for the praise band, not missing a beat. "When did you learn to play?" David asked after the service.

"Corey shrugged and muttered something self-deprecating. David knew better and smiled. His son is full of surprises. Once, Corey expressed an interest in becoming a veterinarian. He took an internship in an office and decided, no, that's not for him.

During one family excursion over the winter, Corey took a job in a pro shop, renting snow skis. While visiting Hawaii, he worked for two days as a prep chef at Spago Maui, a four-star Wolfgang Puck restaurant. "They taught him to make chicken and pizza for us," David recalls. "Every time we go on vacation, he wants to work."

The kid cuts a striking profile. Long, muscled arms. Strong shoulders. Inquisitive eyes. A face that could grace a magazine cover. He is quick to smile and quick to shake hands, with a grip you'd expect around a barbell.

He looks like a star athlete, but you won't find him ranked among the nation's top juniors in football. A raw, developing talent, Corey only started playing the sport a few years ago. "His freshman and sophomore year, he didn't have any football knowledge," says San Antonio Christian Schools football coach Bryan Marmion. "But he was a sponge, always asking questions, always watching the guys ahead of him, trying to learn as much as any player I've been around."

Last fall, the student became a player. He leaped over defensive backs, snatched balls out of the sky and tumbled across goal lines. At tiny San Antonio Christian -- high school enrollment: 367 -- Corey did not attract a whiff of media. The 42 passes he caught for 645 yards and 10 touchdowns went virtually unnoticed. The San Antonio Express-News ran box scores but rarely a game narrative. Corey couldn't have been more obscure if he were on a submarine in the Pacific.

Or so it seemed. As the season progressed and San Antonio Christian marched deep into the playoffs, the athletic office phone began ringing. The University of Texas wanted film. Kansas did, too. College coaches began popping up in the stands, and murmurs rose in the brisk autumn chill. Did you see who came tonight?

Not everyone came just for Corey. Running back Seth Kelley and defensive tackle Ben Adams received attention from small schools, but Corey alone received an invitation to attend the U.S. Army National Combine, a showcase for 500 of the nation's best underclassmen in San Antonio.

Modeled after the NFL combine, the high school version puts players through three days of testing and drills before college scouts. A dossier on each athlete develops, showing height, weight, reach, time in the 40-yard dash and so on. Players are rewarded with apparel, gear and a ticket to the U.S. All-American Bowl, a nationally televised high school all-star game.

The speed and athleticism on the Alamodome turf was dazzling. "I was a little intimidated," David says. "There were all these fast, really talented kids who had been playing since they were little."

Then there was Corey, a newbie. He didn't record the fastest time over 40 yards, clocking a best of 4.6 seconds, or run the best routes. But he proved his skills against the nation's best cornerbacks. Corey caught every pass thrown to him, and there weren't many who could out jump him. The combine provided perspective for a teen who plays against few Division I prospects in the Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools.

"I've never seen so many good wide receivers," he says. "I wasn't the best one there but at least I could play with them. It was a learning experience."

Corey blended with hundreds of others, but his 7-1 father stood out. Reporters swooped in for interviews and the retired San Antonio Spur known as The Admiral obliged, beaming like a proud father in the Alamodome. The following morning, Corey's combine appearance drew a brief mention in the Express-News, which dubbed him, "Little Admiral."

The Little Admiral impressed Northwestern, Vanderbilt and Rice. Air Force and the U.S. Naval Academy also expressed interest. Stanford will send a coach to scout Corey during spring football. The University of Texas at San Antonio watches closely. A strong senior season may yield offers from larger schools.

What a turn of events. Less than a year ago, Corey was focused on Annapolis. On every visit with his father, Corey enjoyed the campus, the culture, the atmosphere of Navy football games. He even enjoyed meeting his father's friends at a 25-year reunion. "They're all really successful," Corey says.

The future plebe, however, became a prospect. On Nov. 10 against Fort Bend Christian, Corey sprinted down the right sideline toward the end zone. The spiral from sophomore quarterback Turner Goudge soared high and a bit left. Corey rose over his defender, as if reaching for an alley-oop, made a fingertip catch and fell in for the score.

The spectacular became routine. The calls from Texas and Kansas, the overtures from Stanford and Northwestern, were impossible to ignore. "Dad, what should I do?"

The Admiral smiled. Corey has options at 16 David never had at 18. Dad played one year of high school basketball in Virginia, made all-district and graduated virtually unnoticed, a 6-7 math geek who scored 1320 on his SAT.

It's a long way from 16 and high school to 22 and the NFL. But Corey wants to take a chance.

The five-year service commitment the Naval Academy requires would make him 27 before he could play pro ball. The Navy made an exception for David, allowing him to serve only two years as a submarine base engineer before releasing him to the NBA. But exceptions are rarely granted. "My dad was fortunate," Corey says. "I don't know if that could happen to me."

The best and the worst happened to Napoleon McCallum, a contemporary of Corey's father. An All-America running back at Navy in 1984 and 1985, McCallum played six years in the NFL. As a rookie, he split time between the Los Angeles Raiders and Naval duty in Long Beach. Then he spent five years out of football, serving his country, before returning to the NFL. A gruesome knee injury in 1994 ended his career and nearly cost him his leg.

Anchors aweigh? Like a ship disappearing on the horizon, the Navy vision has vanished. A new dream has emerged, glimmering in the distance. Corey wants to play pro ball, yes, but he also wants to pursue music, film and medicine. He wants to learn new languages, play new instruments, visit new places. "And I do want to serve my country," he says.

The Admiral says his son is growing into a Renaissance man, a wonder of eclectic interests and exquisite skills. How does a high school junior manage so many activities, maintain his grades and stand out on the field?

"Laser focus," the father says. "He's probably the most focused 16-year-old I've ever seen. He'll come home, do his homework, his laundry, the dishes and go to bed at 9. I'll say, 'Let's go play, relax a little.' He'll say, 'Come on, dad. I've got this paper due.' He's very disciplined. He doesn't like things out of order. He has a strong personality, strong character. I could send him to college right now and he'd be fine."

The son only looks small when he stands next to his father. No one knows how much more Corey will grow -- one, two, three inches? -- but the genes suggest he might keep stretching in college. David grew six inches after high school.

Corey is growing in his second sport. An injured hamstring from football cost him the first two months of the basketball season. He worked his way into the lineup slowly, didn't start until Saturday, the 37th game of the season, and makes no pretenses: "I'm not that good."

He's better than he admits, better than the 7.5 points he averages as a forward. Corey can rebound, block shots, score inside, get up and down the court. His dunks electrify. The injury, though, set him back, and the Lions found their way without him, becoming one of San Antonio's surprise teams. Under new coach John Valenzuela, the Lions installed a new offense and began beating some of the biggest schools in town with pressure defense and deadly three-point shooting.

No, Corey didn't sit on the bench. He stood in front of it, pumping his fist, leading the cheers.

After one victory -- a game in which Corey did not play one minute in the second half -- Valenzuela recognized him at practice. No one pulled harder for the Lions, the coach said, than the guy who refused to stop yelling and sit down.

Valenzuela hasn't coached Mr. Inspiration long. But he loves the kid, and for reasons that transcend basketball. "Corey has solid Christian values," Valenzuela says. "He comes from great parents. He's the type of kid I'd want my daughter to marry."

When the day comes, Corey could compose and arrange the music for his own wedding. He loves jazz, listens to oldies, enjoys Beethoven and Bach. His appreciation of classical music has inspired him to take up a new instrument. The violin.

The young man does not paint or sculpt. But he remains an artist, always exploring and always creating, a symphony of sound.

zimmsbg78
02-15-2012, 08:44 AM
Scout.com: Notre Dame Offers Corey Robinson (http://notredame.scout.com/2/1158691.html) (free)

2013 Wide Receiver prospect Corey Robinson out of San Antonio Christian High School has finally gotten his first offer. After growing up beside his NBA Hall of Fame father, David Robinson, who had a 14-year career as a professional athlete, Corey will now have the opportunity to make a career of his own—in football.

Notre Dame offered Corey a scholarship today. Although Corey was in school at the time coach Kerry Cooks (Co-Defensive Coordinator) left him a voicemail, which his parents had the chance to listen to before Corey heard the good news. So after class when Corey went to listen to the message for the first time his parents captured his whole reaction on film.

“I was shocked, pleased and amazed,” Corey said. “I called Coach Kerry to tell him thanks and how excited I was. I can’t wait to talk to the whole staff and learn more about the program. I really liked Notre Dame’s atmosphere. I went to a Navy-Notre Dame game earlier in the year. I loved the campus, the weather was beautiful and they have amazing academics. Notre Dame is one of my top schools right now along with Stanford.”

Corey’s football coach Brandon Parrott was just as enthusiastic about the news. Parrott said he talked to David today, who told him: “We are humbled and excited for Corey to get an offer from Notre Dame.”

Corey, who had been working hard to tone his football skills since only beginning the sport in the 9th grade, participated in the U.S. Army All-American Combine in January. Amidst the college recruiting chaos, Corey has been getting advice from his well-experienced father, who told him to look for a school that offers growth academically as well as athletically.

a1ND
02-15-2012, 02:30 PM
i know it's in the article as well, but wanted to note that Corey and David came up for the Navy game last year so they've been on campus already

bayernarsch
02-15-2012, 04:05 PM
Regardless of whether he chooses to attend Notre Dame or not (which I certainly hope he does), if the young man exudes some of the same class and dignity of his father he will be an excellent addition to any team. As a young man growing up in upstate NY and watching David Robinson beat Syracuse in the NCAA tournament, on SU's home court no less, I initially hated David Robinson. However, it was hard not to grow to admire him tremendously as he represented himself, this nation and his employers, the Spurs, with nothing but pure class. He personified role model in an era when few athletes wished to assume that position. Whether this young man chooses ND or not, he comes from excellent stock and I hope he follows in his father's footsteps regarding how he carries himself.

zimmsbg78
02-16-2012, 10:03 AM
Iowa has verbally offered.

zimmsbg78
02-17-2012, 08:30 AM
Highlights from every game of Corey's junior season................

Corey Robinson - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/182695/corey-robinson)

zimmsbg78
03-14-2012, 10:10 AM
Corey has added verbal offers from UNC, Navy, Kansas and Wake Forest.

Free video interview from EPSN.............Corey Robinson making a name for himself - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/7680341/corey-robinson-making-name-himself)

zimmsbg78
03-21-2012, 12:49 PM
Corey will unofficially visit ND for the junior day this weekend.

Purebred Irishman
03-25-2012, 01:06 PM
Robinson Enjoys Junior Day Visit (http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/notre-dame-football-recruiting/6747-robinson-enjoys-junior-day-visit)

Corey Robinson (San Antonio Christian/San Antonio, Texas) has seen his recruitment take off since he received an offer from Notre Dame.

In addition to Notre Dame, the Texas native has received offers from Iowa, Kansas, Navy, North Carolina and Wake Forest.

The 6-foot-4, 200-pound wide receiver arrived in South Bend on Friday with his dad, NBA Hall of Famer David Robinson.

The two were able to visit Notre Dame last November for the Navy game and came impressed, but were hoping to learn more about the program as they took in some sights on campus a day before the Irish's Junior Day on Saturday.

“We were here for the Navy game last season and we liked it, it was a good game,” said the elder Robinson, who’s a Naval alum. “We’ve really enjoyed everything so far, it’s very nice.”

Robinson was able to get more in-depth with the coaching staff this time, meeting with Chuck Martin, Mike Denbrock and finally head coach Brian Kelly.

“I really like Coach Kelly, he seems like a great guy, me and my dad had a good meeting with him,” said the younger Robinson. "We both really liked the campus and the coaches.”

This was Robinson's first visit with his dad this spring and he hopes to take more, but the Irish made a strong impression on Texas wideout.

"Notre Dame has everything you could want in a school," he stated. "We really enjoyed the visit."

Akron Irish
03-27-2012, 11:09 PM
Hearing he may pop soon

mcbri014
03-27-2012, 11:21 PM
Hearing he already did....it keeps getting better and better.

We needed more height at the WR position!

NDgrandson
03-27-2012, 11:33 PM
Zaire is congratulating him, so it sounds like he did.

irishman43
03-27-2012, 11:37 PM
http://notredamegoirish.blogspot.com/2012/03/admirals-son-is-all-irish.html

irishman43
03-27-2012, 11:44 PM
WR Corey Robinson commits to Notre Dame after junior day visit (http://notredame.247sports.com/Article/Robinson-Commits-To-Notre-Dame-67638)

NDGirlzRock
03-27-2012, 11:51 PM
Crazy awesome news!!! So needed tonight! Welcome Corey! It will be fabulous to see the Admiral on the sidelines watching games! Too cool!

Purebred Irishman
03-28-2012, 04:31 AM
Robinson Picks ND (http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/notre-dame-football-recruiting/6776-robinson-picks-nd)

Notre Dame has grabbed commitment number nine in the form of San Antonio receiver Corey Robinson.

Robinson, the son of NBA Hall of Famer David Robinson, visited Notre Dame for the Irish’s Junior Day this past weekend and made his decision on Tuesday night, according to San Antonio Christian coach Brandon Parrott.

"Done, it's official," Parrott said via text.

It was actually Robinson's second trip to South Bend as he and his father also visited for last fall’s game against Navy.

"My dad and I loved the visit but I didn't want to make a decision off of emotion," he said. "I wanted to take a few days to think it over and pray and everything led me back to Notre Dame."

The 6-foot-4, 195-pound receiver landed his first offer from Notre Dame last month before adding offers from Iowa, North Carolina, Navy, Kansas and Wake Forest.

"It's the combination of academics, spirtuality and football," he explained. "I felt a connection with the coaches and the players, so I didn't see a reason to wait any longer. Coach [Brian] Kelly has the program headed in the right direction and we're putting together a great class. We all connected on the visit."

Robinson is the ninth commitment for the Irish in the Class of 2013 and the sixth pledge from a Junior Day visitor since Saturday.

The Irish's offensive recruiting haul is especially coming into shape.

Robinson joins Minnesota's James Onwualu to give Notre Dame a pair of wide receiver commits. Notre Dame also picked up a pledge from Ohio quarterback Malik Zaire over the weekend along with three offensive line commitments - Kentucky's Hunter Bivin, Pennsylvania's Mike McGlinchey and Illinois' Colin McGovern - to go with Michigan's Steve Elmer.

Click here to read Robinson's reaction following his Junior Day visit.

Irish Sports Daily will have more with Notre Dame's newest pledge soon.

mlcspinner
03-28-2012, 05:59 AM
Another day an another commit !

zimmsbg78
03-28-2012, 08:40 AM
Newest ND verbal commit at the Dallas NFTC at the 3:00 mark.............

Dallas NFTC: Receivers vs defensive backs - ESPN Video - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:7740030)

NDisNCin2010
03-28-2012, 10:11 AM
looks liek the entire 2017 offense is nearly set....c'mon Green!!

Dayton_Domer
03-28-2012, 11:47 AM
looks liek the entire 2017 offense is nearly set....c'mon Green!!

need a TE, too

bayernarsch
03-28-2012, 12:19 PM
Maybe Coach Brey could talk his dad into doing a few clinics for the ND big men over the next 4 years. :-)

Glad to see young Mr. Robinson in the fold!

Go Irish!

Purebred Irishman
03-28-2012, 01:12 PM
Scout.com: Corey Robinson Commits to Notre Dame (http://notredame.scout.com/2/1172012.html)

The 3-star wide receiver and San Antonio Christian standout had offers from Iowa, Navy, Wake Forest, North Carolina and Kansas, but in the end felt that Notre Dame was home.

“It feels great,” Corey said. “I’m very comforted and know I can be apart of the Fighting Irish in a year and a half. It feels really good. I loved the atmosphere and coaches, it just felt right. We were praying about it and we felt the Lord really led us to the commitment. We had a peace about it. They believed in me before anyone else. They were my first offer. They had this confidence in me. I enjoyed hanging out with them. A lot of times we weren’t even talking about football. I respect hem as men.”

Corey’s father, NBA Hall of Famer David Robinson, was just as enthusiastic about his son’s commitment.

“It is always the subtle things that make you feel at home at some places rather than others,” David said. “I’m absolutely thrilled for him. I’m just proud of him. He’s worked so hard and stayed focused. Obviously with a school like Notre Dame they don’t just take athletes because of their father’s name. It’s a real tribute to his energy and effort that he’s put into his game. How can you not be proud when such a storied program wants your son.”

Corey and David both got back from an unofficial visit to Wake Forest the same day Corey committed to Notre Dame.

“Being at Wake Forest today, we saw that they are a phenomenal group of coaches,” David said. “They are great people working hard for their program. Both programs (Wake Forest and Notre Dame) have good guys and both are great. But when you see you have a connection with something, you can’t explain it.”

Corey went to Notre Dame for the team’s Junior Day and he met with academic counselors from the school. The talented prospect has emphasized the importance of education in his decision and was immediately impressed by what he saw from the Fighting Irish.

“Academics had a huge impact on my decision,” Corey said. “That’s why both Wake Forest and Notre Dame were my top schools. Academics was the forefront of my decision and played a huge role. The players at Notre Dame were amazing. They were just like me. They wanted the education. They were very talented, but they were very dedicated. I saw that in their class work and in their football. I saw their level of passion. I feel like I would mesh with them. I just felt a connection.”

zimmsbg78
03-29-2012, 08:11 AM
The Admiral Weighs In On Son's Decision (http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/notre-dame-football-recruiting/6781-the-admiral-weighs-in) (free)

It didn’t take long for David Robinson to realize that his son Corey Robinson wanted to do his own thing.

“When he was like two years old and used to tell me no all of the time, that’s when I knew he was going to forge his own path,” laughed Robinson.

Part of that independence included not following in the footsteps of his father, who had a Hall of Fame basketball career.

“He’s always kind of marched to the beat of his own drum,” the elder Robinson said. “As far as football goes, we just saw it coming on this last year. I kind of saw the potential, but that doesn’t mean anything unless you’re willing to work for it and he has that great work ethic. He’s one of those kids that you know is going to do well regardless of what he picks up.”

Notre Dame also identified Corey’s potential as a receiver.

The Irish were the first school to extend a scholarship offer to the 6-foot-4, 195-pounder from San Antonio Christian School.

Iowa, Kansas, North Carolina, Wake Forest and Navy, his father’s alma mater, all followed suit in short order, but Corey closed down his recruitment with a commitment to Notre Dame on Tuesday, just days after visiting South Bend for the Irish’s Junior Day.

Corey thinks he’ll be a good fit in the Irish’s offense.

“I’m a big target,” he said. “I think there are a lot of mismatches and a lot of jump balls. I’m really excited to see how I develop as a player, but I’m excited to do a lot of jump balls and stuff.”

He was also impressed with the academics at Notre Dame.

“I felt very comfortable with the idea of getting a degree and a top academic education,” he said.

The time he spent with fellow recruits James Onwualu, Steven Elmer and Malik Zaire also played a role in that comfort level.

“Those guys were all awesome,” he said. “I really meshed well with those guys right away.”

Corey felt at peace after the trip to South Bend.

“I said, ‘I love the recruits here, I love the players and I love the coaches, why not commit?’” said Corey. “I gave it some time and me and my family were talking it over and it’s a good fit.”

His father agrees.

“I’m proud of him,” Corey’s father said. “It’s not easy being my son in the first place. In picking a different sport, he’s really forging his own path. I’m very proud that he’s worked so hard.

“Mentally it’s been tough enough to just fight through all of the challenges and say, ‘I’m going to do my own thing.’ He’s done it well. It’s no small deal when a storied program like Notre Dame says, ‘Hey we want you.’ I’ll be putting on my Fighting Irish gear and cheering them on as hard as I can.”

The Navy alum promises to be cheering for the Irish every week, even when they go against the Midshipmen.

“I may have to have my Navy jersey on underneath my Fighting Irish jersey, but family comes first though always,” he laughed.

So you can add David Robinson to the roster of famous Notre Dame fathers along with Mike Golic, George Atkinson, Philip Daniels and Cris Collinsworth.

“I’m just one of the guys in that group,” he laughed. “I think at Notre Dame it doesn’t matter who your dad is. You’ve got to go out there and earn your time.

“To me, it’s fun to be a part of the whole Notre Dame tradition. That’s what I think I’m excited about, to be able to add to the storied past. That’s phenomenal.”

Purebred Irishman
04-07-2012, 05:09 AM
Robinson Blazing Own Trail (http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/notre-dame-football-recruiting/6833-robinson-blazing-own-trail)

Corey Robinson has the kind of potential college coaches drool over, according to San Antonio Christian wide receiver coach Brandon Parrott.

“It’s unlimited,” Parrott said of the San Antonio wide receiver who committed to the Irish last month.

“I would say that my biggest job as a coach has been to get Corey to see how good he can be. It’s not that he wouldn’t work for it, he just didn’t know how good he could be.”

The 6-foot-4, 195-pound Robinson didn’t play football growing up.

“He’s only played a couple years,” said Parrott. “He’s only played two full seasons. He had one season where we had to shut him down for about seven weeks, so he’s really only got two and a half years of experience.”

Robinson finished his junior season with 42 receptions for 660 yards and 10 touchdowns for a team that returned a 1,000-yard rusher.

“This last year, you could see the light bulb go on and that look of, ‘Wow, I could actually be really good at this,’” Parrott said. “That confidence has helped him along and has pushed him along and generated some of this quick development in his game. I doubt that his growth is finished and I know he’s just going to continue developing as a player.

“It seems like right now, every time he steps on the field, he’s better than the last time I saw him step out there.”

Notre Dame was the first school to offer Robinson, who also picked up offers from Iowa, North Carolina, Kansas, Wake Forest and Navy.

“I think they absolutely stole him,” said Parrott, who added his amazement about how the recruiting game has sped up so much that a prospect with six offers before his senior season is labeled “under the radar.”

All parties are proud of the decision Robinson made to continue his growth at Notre Dame.

“It’s a perfect fit,” Parrott said. “The combination of academics and athletics is what made the opportunity stand apart.”

Robinson prides himself on being a true student-athlete and believes he’ll fit in well with his future teammates.

“The thing that sealed the deal was how much he bonded with those incoming recruits,” said Parrott.

He’s also convinced he’ll fit in well with the Irish offense, which is similar to San Antonio Christian’s.

“We’re a spread attack and we throw the ball around the field,” said Parrott. “Some of the things that he’s done and been successful doing with us are the same things he can do at that level. With his height and his size, you can just create matchup problems with small defensive backs and with what Coach (Brian) Kelly and the other coaches have said, that’s what they see in him and that’s what they want to take advantage of.”

And Robinson’s frame isn’t the only thing impressive about him as a receiver.

“He has incredible hands,” his wideout coach said. “He’s got phenomenal hands. He attacks the ball in the air. He doesn’t wait for balls to come to him and when you’re that big and you’re that long and you’re attacking the ball in the air, smaller defensive backs just don’t get a shot to make a play on the ball.”

Robinson gets his size from his father, David Robinson, who admits it isn’t always easy being the son of an NBA Hall of Famer.

“You couldn’t handle it any better than the way that Corey handles it,” said Parrott. “He’s his own person, he’s confident. He’s got incredible character and integrity. He doesn’t feel those pressures. He’s his own individual person and that’s why I’m so happy that football is doing it for him because it’s his own sport.”

stew654
05-02-2012, 04:49 PM
Caught up briefly with San Antonio Christian WR coach Brandon Parrott, position coach for Irish commit Corey Robinson, and he confirmed that the Notre Dame pledge has a spot for early enrollment at Notre Dame.

Other programs have continued to show interest...

"We've had both Texas and Navy out at practices this week and they're LOVING the way he's playing. Kansas is coming tomorrow."

...but still firm in his verbal commitment to the Irish.

"He's completely solid, but they all had offered and are making sure he knows they are still there if something changes."

Parrott clarified that Texas didn't officially offer, but said they're there if he's interested.

This post was edited by Jason Sapp on 5/2/2012 at 3:33 PM
http://notredame.247sports.com/Board/Topic/87/9382693

zimmsbg78
05-15-2012, 11:58 AM
http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/notre-dame-football-recruiting/7008-nd-stays-on-robinson (free)

Corey Robinson (San Antonio Christian/San Antonio, Texas) knew Notre Dame was the place for him when he committed in March.

The 6-foot-4, 195-pound wide receiver chose the Irish over offers from Iowa, North Carolina, Kansas, Navy and Wake Forest.

"It's just a perfect fit," he said. "The academics, spirituality and football all blend together really well. The offense they run is really centered to help the wide receivers make plays all over the field. Actually, I couldn't find a reason not to go to Notre Dame if I tried."

Even though Robinson is firmly committed, the Irish coaching staff has continued to recruit the three-star prospect rigorously.

"I still talk with the coaches every week and just see how things are going," he shared. "We've built a great relationship and there's definitely a lot of trust there. They plan to keep recruiting me hard until the process is over because nothing is guaranteed."

Other schools have come in to watch Robinson during the evaluation period, but he remains solid with his commitment to the Irish.

The Texas native enjoyed another trip to campus when he returned to South Bend for the Blue-Gold Game several weeks ago

"It was a lot of fun, great weather and great football," he stated. "The team looked good on both sides of ball and they just went out and competed. It was a good opportunity to soak up a little bit of a gameday atmosphere. It's like a party there before a game, the fans are crazy."

The Irish verbal commit plans to return to campus again, but he's not sure exactly when that will take place.

"I'm not sure, but as much as possible," said Robinson. "I know I'll use my one official visit, but besides that, I'm not really positive."

Robinson tallied 42 receptions for 660 yards and 10 touchdowns during his junior season and that was good enough to earn him an invite to the U.S. Army All-American Bowl.

"I just accepted the invite a couple of weeks ago and it's a tremendous honor to play in such a well-known game," he explained. "It's a great chance to finish my high school career against some of the best players in the nation. It's also motivation to keep working hard so I can continue to get better and achieve my goals."

Robinson will be joined in his hometown by a couple current Irish commits in offensive linemen Steve Elmer and John Montelus along with a host of other currently uncommitted prospects.

Sweeney6083
05-15-2012, 01:42 PM
I hope he has a big senior year, because I am not sure this was a we;ll thought out offer. He is the 108th best player in Texas. 83rd wr in the country, I am just a little confused.

NotreDameNate
05-15-2012, 01:48 PM
Plenty of guys have turned out to be great that were not 4 or 5* recruits. Give the coaching staff some credit, they must see something.

lowayne
05-15-2012, 02:25 PM
Plenty of guys have turned out to be great that were not 4 or 5* recruits. Give the coaching staff some credit, they must see something.

Its not a complete thread on a low ranked recruit until this conversation takes place.

NotreDameNate
05-15-2012, 02:30 PM
Is it true though?

Sweeney6083
05-15-2012, 02:34 PM
I think since the golics and the montana experience didnt pan out I guess it makes me wonder.......

Collinsworth might work, Gunner might work, collinsworth might work.

I know the story about coreys dad growing 5 feet at navy and gaining 100 pounds of muscle in 6 moths but, I am not history will repeat its self and if it does is that a good thing to have a 7ft wr or te?

lowayne
05-15-2012, 03:00 PM
Is it true though?

Let's take all of ND's biggest studs in the last few years. Off the top of my head, Rudy, Tate, Clausen, Te'o, Floyd, Eifert, Martin. Tuitt and Lynch are/were on their way. Eifert is really the only skill player on that list that wasn't highly touted.

Longo is good at developing players physically but I haven't seen evidence that BK is amazing at picking diamonds in the rough yet. Time will reveal more.

NotreDameNate
05-15-2012, 03:27 PM
The kid is a going to be a senior. He's 6'4 and 190+ pounds with a pretty good bloodline. I'm not saying lets just get 3* recruits or less and we will win, but to not let this play out seems a bit unfair to Corey. I feel like this staff has done a pretty good job of recruiting and all I was saying is lets give them some credit. Can we not do that?

IrishinTN
05-15-2012, 03:36 PM
I think since the golics and the montana experience didnt pan out I guess it makes me wonder.......

Collinsworth might work, Gunner might work, collinsworth might work.

I know the story about coreys dad growing 5 feet at navy and gaining 100 pounds of muscle in 6 moths but, I am not history will repeat its self and if it does is that a good thing to have a 7ft wr or te?

He was only 2 feet tall when he entered Navy?:headbang:

Sweeney6083
05-15-2012, 03:42 PM
He was only 2 feet tall when he entered Navy?:headbang:

no he was 2 feet 4 inches............

lowayne
05-15-2012, 03:42 PM
The kid is a going to be a senior. He's 6'4 and 190+ pounds with a pretty good bloodline. I'm not saying lets just get 3* recruits or less and we will win, but to not let this play out seems a bit unfair to Corey. I feel like this staff has done a pretty good job of recruiting and all I was saying is lets give them some credit. Can we not do that?

To be clear, my original conversation about the lower ranked recruit conversation also was intended to include Sweeney's comment that was worried about the low ranking.

Statistically speaking, the odds are in Sweeney's favor. Since we aren't there to evaluate Corey in person we don't have much to go on and so one can't be faulted for leaning on statistics we don't have a track record of BK beating the odds.

Sweeney6083
05-15-2012, 03:49 PM
I was curious too if there is any translation from having athletic parents who played at a professional level and kids who have nothing and have to fight for everything they get.

NotreDameNate
05-15-2012, 04:15 PM
That is a good question, Sweeney. I'd probably back it down from parents that played at a professional level to just parents that were good athletes themselves, but just never made it "big" time.

Here is the way I see Corey maybe working out. A) He stays around 6'4 and gets to about 215 - 220 area and stays WR, or B) he grows to 6'6 - 6'7 and then really packs on the weight to get to around 250 - 260 area and moves to TE. Hard telling, still a ways yet to go for this young man. Even if he hits 6'6 and stays around 220 maybe he can be our Calvin Johnson : ) We have to have hope, right?

Svoboda
05-15-2012, 04:32 PM
All depends on the weight his frame could pack on. When I look at some of these kids, I honestly don't care about pro potential. Indiana had a 6-foot-7, 220 lbs wideout several years back in James Hardy. He was a redzone nightmare for corners. He didn't have blazing speed but had good hands and a nice vertical.

If Corey gets to 6-foot-6 and 220 pounds, he could be a devastating wideout to defend.

Sweeney6083
05-15-2012, 04:33 PM
Nate, I know I sound a bit nervous and unsure, but I could be wrong but we have a large group of fromer player kids and relatives on our team. I could be wrong, but although the Atkinson brothers are very nice and I am sure Hanratty will be good, the rest of them I am a tad curious.

Sweeney6083
05-15-2012, 04:34 PM
All depends on the weight his frame could pack on. When I look at some of these kids, I honestly don't care about pro potential. Indiana had a 6-foot-7, 220 lbs wideout several years back in James Hardy. He was a redzone nightmare for corners. He didn't have blazing speed but had good hands and a nice vertical.

If Corey gets to 6-foot-6 and 220 pounds, he could be a devastating wideout to defend.

When people talk about fram what is the sciece behind it, is it shoulder and hip width or is there something else they are looking at?

lowayne
05-15-2012, 05:04 PM
I was curious too if there is any translation from having athletic parents who played at a professional level and kids who have nothing and have to fight for everything they get.

From all accounts, his family is a high character crew.

NotreDameNate
05-15-2012, 05:18 PM
Nate, I know I sound a bit nervous and unsure, but I could be wrong but we have a large group of fromer player kids and relatives on our team. I could be wrong, but although the Atkinson brothers are very nice and I am sure Hanratty will be good, the rest of them I am a tad curious.

I know what you are saying. Maybe by Corey playing football and taking his own path it will keep him motivated more? We have a few on our team, Haratty, Golics, Daniels, Collinsworth, Atkins bro's., and so forth. In the end, I know Corey isn't overly rated but that could change or who knows, maybe he develops better once in college too. To be honest, I'm pretty skeptical of all our recruits. All those stars are thrown out the window once they get on a college campus. Things can change so much.

NDGirlzRock
05-15-2012, 07:51 PM
Deion Walker!!!! Need I say more!

Sweeney6083
05-15-2012, 09:20 PM
Walker will hopefully graduate and that makes him a winner.....

just not on the football field.

pmarrack
05-15-2012, 10:49 PM
Scout.com has this kid as a four star. So there is clearly a difference of opinion among the professionals.

JTLA
05-16-2012, 12:59 PM
Scout.com has this kid as a four star. So there is clearly a difference of opinion among the professionals.
I think maybe ND recruits automatically get a fourth star on Scout.

step30044
05-16-2012, 08:48 PM

And lose one on all the other sites lol

IrishGrizz
05-17-2012, 11:05 AM
After following ND recruiting semi-closely over the last 5 years or so, and watching the different recruiting rankings show such contradictory evaluations, I have come to the same belief as many here- the best evaluation/ranking is which teams have offered a guy.

pmarrack
05-17-2012, 06:39 PM

Well, Rashad Kinlaw, for instance, who is ranked in the top 100 regardless of position by 247 sports, has only 3 stars on Scout. So, not really.

HoffVir
06-18-2012, 09:25 AM
Robinson Returning Soon
MONDAY, 18 JUNE 2012 07:53 TRENT ADAMS

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/images/resized/images/stories/2013_recruits/coreyrobinsonnd1_200_200.jpg

Three months ago, Corey Robinson had no idea how his recruitment would play out, but the Texas wide receiver did know that taking his time was a priority.

Then after a visit to Notre Dame in late-March, the San Antonio Christian standout felt that he found the perfect place to play football and continue his education after high school.

"My dad and I both loved the visit, but we didn't want to make a rash decision, so we went back home and thought things over," the son of NBA Hall of Famer David Robinson said.

"Once we got home and discussed the pros and cons about Notre Dame, everything kept pointing to them as the right fit. I just had to take a few days to be sure because once I committed, I didn't want to have second thoughts."

The 6-foot-4, 200-pound wide receiver chose Notre Dame over offers from Navy, Wake Forest, North Carolina, Iowa and Kansas. He also received interest from Duke, Vanderbilt, Air Force, Baylor, Northwestern, Rice and Stanford.

Many of the experts questioned whether Robinson was good enough to play at the BCS-level, but the three-star prospect remained motivated and proved the doubters wrong.

"A lot of people looked at my offer list early on and thought that I wasn't a good player, but I was just getting started," Robinson said. "It doesn't really matter what everyone else says because I've worked very hard to get where I'm at. I think it's quite an accomplishment to be committed to Notre Dame and to be named to the US Army All-American Bowl. It's just motivation for me to keep working harder and to keep striving to achieve all my goals."

Robinson couldn't point to a singular reason as to why he chose Notre Dame, instead he felt that it was the total package the University offered him athletically, academically and spiritually.

"The reason I committed to Notre Dame was because I loved everything about the school," he stated. "I love the style of offense Coach (Brian) Kelly runs and they envision me being that big-bodied receiver they need on the outside.

"The academics are some of the best in the country and they have the best business school in the country, so it's hard to beat that and I take my academics very seriously. Notre Dame is a place that's driven on faith and belief, I love that religion is a major part of the entire university."

The San Antonio standout has also been very impressed with the class the Notre Dame coaching staff has put together to this point and only envisions it getting better moving forward.

"We have a ton of talent on offense and we really only need a running back and a couple of receivers," he noted. "The coaches are also starting to bring in some of the best players in the country on defense, this could end up being one of the best overall classes in the country come next February.

"I keep in contact with the coaching staff at least once a week, usually a little more and we've all built great relationships. I think we have the perfect coaching staff to get Notre Dame back amongst the greats."

Robinson returned to South Bend in mid-April for the spring game and he's scheduled to be back on campus June 24th during Notre Dame's three-day football camp.

"I'm really excited to get back and meet with all the players and coaches," said Robinson. "There is going to be a lot going on throughout campus that day so it should be a lot of fun. I'll also get the chance to get some good instructions from some of the best coaches in the game and that's always a unique opportunity. This will probably be my last visit until I take my official next fall, so I need to make sure that I enjoy it and soak it all up."

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/notre-dame-football-recruiting/7165-robinson-returning-soon

HoffVir
06-20-2012, 05:04 PM
Corey Robinson ‏@CoreyRobinson13
Just got invited to #THEOPENING !! Words cannot express my happiness. Got to keep working though. Always. #humbleandhungry #blessed
5:02 PM - 20 Jun 12

Purebred Irishman
07-13-2012, 08:42 AM
http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/notre-dame-football-recruiting/7297-robinson-learns-lessons

The Opening represented a lot of things to its participants, but for Corey Robinson, more than anything it served as a learning experience.

“It’s amazing,” said the Texas wide receiver, who was one of six Notre Dame commits to take part in the Nike-sponsored event.

“I don’t have this kind of competition in my league back home. I play in a private school league. Seeing these corners and these receivers and just learning from each other and going against the best is amazing.”

The 6-foot-4, 195-pounder from San Antonio Christian relished the opportunity to go against some of the nation’s best defensive backs.

“The first day I learned so much, what to do and what not to do, what’s going to work on the college level and what’s not,” Robinson said. “I might be able to fudge it in high school, but once you get to that college level, you want to make an immediate impact and these guys are college-ready, so this is the place to learn.”

The lessons were many.

“I learned not to run a hitch-and-go on a three-yard bump corner,” Robinson laughed. “I learned that.

“I learned I need to stay low in and out of my breaks. Since I’m 6-4, 6-5, I always stay really tall and with these level corners, they’ll jam you up real quick because you’re such a big target. Coming in and out of your breaks, every second, every half-second is just so important. These guys jump on every advantage.”

Robinson knew he was going to be tested in Oregon, but knowing and experiencing are two different things.

“I watched a lot of film on these guys, but seeing them in person is a whole different story,” he said. “The receivers are so much faster, so much quicker out of their breaks. The DBs are so much more physical than I thought. It’s really cool seeing them in person.”

It was clear Robinson wasted little time putting those lessons to use as he steadily improved over the three-day camp and picked up confidence as the event went on.

Robinson also embraced the chance to reconnect with other Irish commits James Onwualu, Steve Elmer, Colin McGovern, Devin Butler and Jaylon Smith.

“It’s really cool,” he said. “They live all over the place, Illinois, Michigan. It’s just cool being able to all come together.”

The son of NBA Hall of Famer David Robinson also did his part in recruiting. His main target was fellow Texas wide receiver Torii Hunter Jr. The two roomed together and were able to share stories about being the sons of famous athletes in other sports

zimmsbg78
09-20-2012, 08:42 AM
http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/notre-dame-football-recruiting/7700-robinson-continues-growth (free)

Brandon Parrott always believed Corey Robinson had plenty of room to grow both literally and figuratively. Now the San Antonio Christian receivers coach is seeing Robinson do both.

“This summer was a huge summer for him,” Parrott said of the 2013 Notre Dame wide receiver commit.

“Being at the Nike FTC up in Dallas and then being out at The Opening, I think the thing he realized was that he belonged.”

Parrott and those who watched Robinson believed the final step for Robinson was realizing he wasn’t just one of the guys, but that he could be the guy.

“I think that’s probably what we’re starting to see with the team,” said Parrott. “He realizes that A) there’s nobody that can stop him playing him man-to-man and B) just put the ball in my area and I’ll go make a play. He’s playing with that type of confidence.

“You have got to just have that confidence that at any time, you want the ball to go make a play. If you’re questioning yourself as a receiver then you can’t ever be a consistent big-play maker.”

Robinson put his ability and attitude on display earlier this month when he caught nine balls for 160 yards and four catches in a tough 36-34 loss to Navarro.

“I think it was good for the whole team to realize just how dominant he could be and we can grow off of that,” said Parrott.

Robinson’s attitude shift has been obvious, according to his coach.

“It’s not just, ‘Hey, I can make a play every once in a while.’ It’s, ‘Hey, keep giving me the ball. I can make plays all night long if I need to,’” said Parrott. “In the red zone, that’s what makes him such a difficult cover. He’s got the height, he’s got the leaping ability, he’s got the wingspan, so he’s tough to cover down there.”

It wasn’t that Robinson lacked confidence as much as he did a true understanding of how good he could be.

“He started playing football so late and he’s such a good, humble kid,” said Parrott. “He’s not one to step out there and be cocky or overconfident without having proved it first.

“We spent a good two and a half years where he didn’t know whether he could be good or not. Now in the last year and a half, the light bulb has gone on that, ‘Hey, I can be pretty good at this.’ He’s been exposed to great athletes this summer, which challenged him and he feeds off of challenges. He’s like, ‘OK, you stopped me once. You’re not going to get me a second time.’”

Physically, Robinson continues to grow as well, measuring a legit 6-foot-5 at the start of San Antonio Christian’s season after checking in around 6-4 earlier in the summer.

“He’s staying around 190 to 195 pounds, but he’s continuing to get bigger and stronger,” said Parrott. “He’s got a frame that could put another 30, 35 pounds on him if they want to in a college strength and conditioning program. He’s got that build to continue becoming a big, physical wide receiver.”

Robinson’s father, NBA Hall of Famer David Robinson, went through a late growth spurt that shot him up to 7 feet, but Parrott doesn’t see Corey getting that tall.

“He’s a different body than his dad,” the coach said. “His dad was really long and lean at Corey’s age. Corey has already filled out where he’s thicker. You kind of look at him and say he’s bigger boned. I’d be surprised if he got that late, big growth spurt. Now, does he have another two inches left in him? Maybe, probably, but I wouldn’t expect the six or seven-inch spurt that his dad had.”

Parrott was never a Notre Dame fan, but his affection for the Irish is growing fast.

“The thing that has brought me into the program is just meeting some of the other kids,” he said. “Corey Robinson is one of the greatest kids I’ve ever come across, but several of these other kids are really good kids; great grades, great character. It’s a group that you can really get behind and support.

“That’s what floored me when I got up there with him and started meeting these other guys. It was like, ‘Hey, these kids are just like Corey.’ It’s a rare combination; great academics, great athleticism and great character. They all seem to be exhibiting that.”

Robinson will have the chance to reunite with his future teammates during his official visit to South Bend this weekend.

“He can’t wait,” said Parrott. “It’s really cool to see how fired up they all are.”

But before Robinson heads back to Notre Dame, he’ll try to help San Antonio Christian (0-2) register its first victory of the season against Blanco on Friday night. Last year’s contest went quadruple-overtime.

“It should be a ballgame,” said Parrott.

SouthernIrish
09-20-2012, 12:06 PM
any idea if Corey can elevate, jump for the ball? I don't think he's a fast guy but if he could jump and has good hands, he'd be really hard to stop.

HoffVir
11-24-2012, 06:37 PM
Irish Sports Daily ‏@ISDUpdate
#NotreDame WR commit Corey Robinson had 9 receptions for 169 yrds and 2 TDs in a 43-36 loss to Northland Christian.
6:32 PM - 24 Nov 12

HoffVir
11-30-2012, 09:06 AM
Irish Sports Daily ‏@ISDUpdate
#NotreDame WR commit Corey Robinson is scheduled to receive his Army All-American jersey at San Antonio Christian today.
9:04 AM - 30 Nov 12

zimmsbg78
11-30-2012, 09:25 AM
http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1443183 (free)

Around this same time last year, Corey Robinson prepared to take a shot in the dark.

Robinson arrived at the U.S. Army National Combine known more for his famous father, former San Antonio Spurs center David Robinson, than football skills. The ensuing performance shined a spotlight on the talent tucked away at San Antonio Christian School.

"I was just having fun out there competing," Robinson said. "I had nothing to lose because nobody expected anything of me. I was just out there having fun -- taking it step by step, route by route. At the end of everything, I was kind of like, 'What just happened?'"

Now, Robinson is preparing to come full circle.

Less than a month from now, Robinson will report to downtown San Antonio as a Notre Dame commitment and U.S. Army All-American. After a week of practice, the wide receiver prospect will set foot back on the Alamodome turf, a far different player than the one that showed up last winter.

Since then, Robinson has participated in various high level camps. Competing in Army Bowl practices will be his last great test before enrolling at Notre Dame for the second semester.

"I'd have to say my confidence level is a lot higher than last year," Robinson said. "I have more confidence that I can make the play regardless of what the situation is. Whether it's to win the game in overtime, or first-and-10, or trying to convert a third down.

"Whether it's the biggest play of the game or something a lot smaller, I have a lot more confidence in my ability to make the play."

Three months after introducing himself to the recruiting world, Robinson ended what could have been a highly publicized process.

Notre Dame extended the first scholarship offer in February. Iowa, Kansas, Navy, North Carolina and Wake Forest followed suit. But once the 6-foot-5, 195-pound prospect visited South Bend, the Irish were in line for a commitment.

Robinson is on schedule to finish his high school coursework in the next couple weeks, play in the Army Bowl, and then begin classes at Notre Dame for the second semester. He will room with Rivals100 offensive tackle Steve Elmer, also a U.S. Army All-American.

That reality is just starting to sink in as it all draws a little closer to happening.

"I've been trying not to think about it too much or I'm gonna start to get restless," Robinson said. "I still have a couple weeks of school left. I know (Notre Dame commitment) James Onwualu is already done. He's already graduated. I think he's playing video games and hanging out with his family. I'm so jealous."

All this comes on the heels of an exceedingly productive senior season. Robinson had 67 catches for 1,397 yards and 19 touchdowns in 11 games. He helped lead San Antonio Christian to an 8-4 record after a 1-3 start.

Robinson looks forward to capping off his prep career by playing in front of the hometown crowd.

"You can't really beat that," Robinson said. "Growing up watching this game and being around all the hype around the game; All the kids that grow up around here and play football dream about just having an opportunity to go watch the game, nonetheless play in it.

"It's just a great honor to play in such a great game that's been sponsored by the Army, especially with my dad being in the Navy. I really respect the military services and academies and everything they do for us."

HoffVir
11-30-2012, 08:16 PM
Jake Brown ‏@Jake_Brown
RT @DavidtheAdmiral: Proud of my son! Congrats CoCo pic.twitter.com/1nTTp3bj
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A8-3kN2CEAA1Psw.jpg:large
8:13 PM - 30 Nov 12

NDAlumSon
11-30-2012, 09:54 PM
"Since you're already too tall for submarine duty boy, I'll tell you what. If you don't keep your grades up in college I'll make sure you pull minesweeper duty."

- The Admiral

jbrown_9999
11-30-2012, 09:57 PM
any idea if Corey can elevate, jump for the ball? I don't think he's a fast guy but if he could jump and has good hands, he'd be really hard to stop.

If he grows in college like his dad, he probably won't need to elevate all that much :cool:

eric_navy
11-30-2012, 10:10 PM
"Since you're already too tall for submarine duty boy, I'll tell you what. If you don't keep your grades up in college I'll make sure you pull minesweeper duty."

- The Admiral

Hey, what's that supposed to mean? I was on Minesweepers. Actually, I guess it makes sense.

stonebreakerwasgod
12-01-2012, 04:54 AM
Rumor has it that he's tall.

Purebred Irishman
12-06-2012, 05:27 PM
http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/notre-dame-football-recruiting/8262-robinsons-turn-to-give-back

David Robinson has been well-known for giving back since his days as an all-star center with the San Antonio Spurs and now that his son Corey Robinson has grabbed some of the spotlight for himself as a big-time college football prospect, the Notre Dame wide receiver commit is getting his chance to do the same.

Robinson, who will play in next month’s U.S. Army All-American Bowl in his home city, had the chance to hand out honors to some youngsters on Monday.

“The Army Bowl asked me to go to Eisenhower Middle School, a local middle school in town,” said Robinson. “There were three kids who won awards for high honor roll.”

Eighth-grader Simone Jones won an essay contest for excellence in sports journalism and will receive an all-week media pass for the Army Bowl in January. Eighth-graders Benjamin Wolf and Caitlyn Boggs also received awards.

“I was just going there to congratulate the winners and encouraging them to stay in school and keep working hard in sports, band and any extracurricular activities,” said Robinson.

“It was a great honor. I’ve seen my dad doing this stuff all of the time, so to be able to do it myself without my dad, that was kind of weird. But I’m very appreciative of the honor to be able to do that.”

While Robinson noticed the role reversal of sorts, he’s still young enough to remember being on the other side.

“I was trying to present it in a way that I would listen and that I would pay attention to,” he said. “I remember being there and doing all of that and listening in their spots. I was trying to do it in a way I could relate to when I was their age. It’s weird to see that coming full circle.”

Robinson is looking forward to the all-star game and to have at least five future teammates descend upon San Antonio.

“It’s going to be a lot of fun, I haven’t seen those guys in a while,” said Robinson, who will be joined by fellow Notre Dame commits Steve Elmer, Torii Hunter Jr., John Montelus, Doug Randolph and Jaylon Smith.

Robinson learned a lot in a short period of time at The Opening in Oregon this summer and is looking for a similar experience this time.

“It’s going to be a lot of fun competing with everybody again, but this time we’re going to be in full pads,” he said. “I’m really interested to see how intense practice is going to be and how much we’re going to learn as an athlete. We’re going to have a good time hanging out as a group, fellowshipping and stuff.”

Working in full pads instead of shorts and t-shirts is a major difference, according to Robinson, but the game is still the same.

“I think it adds a whole new element, but it’s the same thing: the ball’s going to be thrown, you’ve got to go catch the ball,” he said. “Now we have a chance to be a little bit more physical and see how the physical element comes into play, which players step up to the challenge and which ones are humbled. It’s going to be a lot more fun from a competitive aspect.”

Competition is something Robinson thrived on in his final season at San Antonio Christian as he caught 67 passes for 1,414 yards and 20 touchdowns in 12 games.

“Last year I was making a lot of the same plays, I just wasn’t making as many,” he said. “I think it was a confidence factor. If it came down to the third quarter last year, I’d much rather my running back make a big play than me, but I would do it.

“Over the summer, I worked hard and hit the camps. My confidence rose and now this year, in any situation – whether we need four yards or 15 yards or a touchdown to win the game – I came in with the same level of confidence. I knew my team was relying on me to make big plays and that pushed me to new heights.

“I didn’t have to carry the team as much as I thought I would because our running back had a big season. We switched off trading blows; he’d run for 200 and then I’d catch 150. It was a lot of fun and he was pushing me to compete. Every game we were trying to see who could get the most yards and the most touchdowns to help the team the most.”

Robinson won’t be in South Bend for this weekend’s banquet, but he did have the chance to host Irish assistant Kerry Cooks last week.

“That was awesome,” he said. “I haven’t seen him in a while. For him to come down to San Antonio and meet my family means a lot. It was cool hanging out with him, just talking, sitting down and eating (gucamole) and chips. We were talking about what’s going on in school and what I’m trying to do in football.”

Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly is expected to make his in-home visit sometime next week.

“That’s going to be a lot of fun,” he said. “Him and Coach Cooks are coming down for dinner and we’ll all sit down and talk and relax.”

Robinson has enjoyed watching his future teammates march to the BCS National Championship Game.

“It’s been incredible,” he said. “I’m going to watch the game on TV, I can’t make it unfortunately. I’ve really enjoyed watching their trip from the beginning of the season to 12-0.

“I love watching Everett (Golson’s) development as a quarterback. He’s a redshirt freshman who is leading a team to a national championship that hasn’t been there in 25 years. I love watching Manti (Te’o) lead that team on the field. I love what (Tyler) Eifert does as a receiver. I’d love to emulate his game. It’s been a lot of fun watching the ride and I’m blessed to be a part of it.”

zimmsbg78
12-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Senior year highlights..........

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/182695/highlights/17387301

zimmsbg78
12-31-2012, 10:20 AM
Video interview with Farrell from the Army All-American registration..........

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/army-corey-and-david-robinson-1111585

lowayne
12-31-2012, 10:21 AM
What a pair of gentlemen, glad they are in the family.

zimmsbg78
01-02-2013, 08:58 AM

HoffVir
01-04-2013, 11:53 PM
Jason Sapp ‏@BGI_JasonSapp
#NotreDame commit gets student-athlete award MT @CoreyRobinson13: Blessed to be able to receive the Glenn Davis Award! Such an honor. #Irish
11:52 PM - 4 Jan 13

zimmsbg78
01-07-2013, 10:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey8osK7f11s&feature=player_embedded

HoffVir
01-23-2013, 12:08 PM
Jake Brown ‏@Jake_Brown
#NotreDame wide receiver @CoreyRobinson13 earned a fourth star from @Rivals today. He enrolled for the second semester.
12:05 PM - 23 Jan 13

zimmsbg78
02-06-2013, 11:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzVwAGtZF1M&feature=player_detailpage

HoffVir
04-03-2013, 10:17 AM
Rachel Terlep ‏@eTruth_Irish
#NotreDame WR coach Mike Denbrock says Corey Robinson reminds him of Tyler Eifert in that he'll catch anything in his vicinity.
10:13 AM - 3 Apr 13

LOVEMYIRISH
04-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Rachel Terlep ‏@eTruth_Irish
#NotreDame WR coach Mike Denbrock says Corey Robinson reminds him of Tyler Eifert in that he'll catch anything in his vicinity.
10:13 AM - 3 Apr 13

this make me very happy...huge soft hands wrapped around a football make for nice 3rd down conversions.

JMR8
04-13-2013, 04:35 PM
Great 1 handed catch in today's scrimmage. 1698

Video: http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1494995

LOVEMYIRISH
04-14-2013, 12:40 PM
way to keep your eyes on the ball...damn!

Purebred Irishman
07-24-2013, 02:30 PM
http://irish.nbcsports.com/2013/07/24/freshman-focus-corey-robinson/

More than a few eyebrows were raised when Notre Dame reached out to little known San Antonio wide receiver Corey Robinson. Playing in lower division Texas high school football and a relative newcomer to the game, Robinson pledged to the Irish with fans knowing nothing more than he was the string-bean shaped son of former NBA star David Robinson.

With recruiting boards scratching their heads to even find information on Robinson, the profile of a 6-foot-4 (and likely growing) wide receiver with elite genetics gave Irish fans some degree of certainty, along with Brian Kelly and his staff’s ability to mine for diamonds. Then, Robinson’s national profile slowly began to emerge. At the Army All-American game, the San Antonio native showed himself to belong with some of the countries finest players.

Yet nothing was more important to Robinson’s future than the spring semester he spent in South Bend. Learning on the fly, our glimpses of the young wide receiver weren’t of a Bambi learning how to play, but rather of a velcro-handed athlete that looks like he’ll be able to help the Irish sooner than even the most optimistic Irish fan even thought.

Let’s take a closer look at Corey Robinson.

RECRUITING PEDIGREE

Robinson isn’t on any recruiting services’ Top 250 list, and Notre Dame was his first major offer and the school that put him on the national radar. While it wasn’t enough to boost him into the Top 250, Rivals added a fourth star to Robinson’s name after his performance at the US Army All-American game, where he garnered almost all positive reviews.

In addition to the Irish, Robinson had scholarship offers from Navy, where his father starred as a basketball player, Iowa, Kansas, North Carolina, and Wake Forest.

He committed to the Irish in March and enrolled early with fellow freshman James Onwualu, Steve Elmer, Malik Zaire, and Mike Heuerman in January.

EARLY PLAYING TIME OPPORTUNITIES

We’ve covered the deficiencies on the Irish depth chart at wide receiver, especially with the departures of Davonte Neal and Justin Ferguson. Robinson quickly found his way during spring drills, and got to a point where Brian Kelly acknowledged a fall plan for the talented freshman, similar to the way the Irish used Chris Brown last season.

“He’ll be a role player, kind of like Chris Brown was,” Kelly said last spring. “Chris helped us win a game against Oklahoma. That’s how you have to look at Corey Robinson. No, he’s not a finished product yet. He’s got to get stronger. But he does have a skill set. When you throw that ball near him, he comes down with it. So I think there’s a place for him in our offense, but he won’t be a featured guy.”

Working to piece things together, expect Robinson to make his way into some red zone packages, an area the Irish offense needs to improve in, and a segment of the offense that would definitely benefit from the height and length Robinson provides. For a guy that provided one of the highlights of spring, the future could be sooner than later for the under-the-radar prospect.

PROJECTING THE FUTURE

Taking an educated guess as to what the future of Robinson’s playing career looks like is tough business. After all, who would have predicted his father would’ve grown nearly a foot before his final year year of high school and then sprouted to be a seven-footer after being just another 5-foot-9 high school junior?

Robinson is already a shade over 6-foot-4, and while not everybody gets a late growth spurt (I’m still waiting for mine), he’s definitely going to grow into his body, adding bulk to his frame and possibly an inch or two before he’s done in South Bend. That’s going to give the Irish a weapon they haven’t had under Brian Kelly and a guy that could be highly versatile.

Robinson will need to learn the nuances of the game, and he’ll need to continue to improve his quickness and speed, making sure he’s not pigeon-holed as just a jump ball threat. He’s a much smoother athlete than most expected and the term “catch radius” all but sprung into Irish fans lexicons after listening to the coaches rave about Robinson, so there’s reason to be excited.

A pure outside receiving threat on a roster filled with guys that can play both inside and out, Robinson will have a chance to make a name for himself by the time his career is over in South Bend.

HoffVir
09-05-2013, 10:34 PM
WR Robinson more than staying afloat
Posted: Thursday, September 5, 2013 10:00 pm
By Bob Wieneke BWieneke@SBTinfo.com

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/southbendtribune.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/9/20/920a5832-1656-11e3-b0fb-0019bb30f31a/5228c97edda23.preview-300.jpg

When Corey Robinson left San Antonio Christian School to begin his football career at Notre Dame, his high school coach, Bryan Marmion, was confident about a number of things.

Robinson possessed a thirst to learn that would serve him well in college. His size, — 6-foot-5, 190 pounds — provided a bump in grabbing playing time at wide receiver in, at the very least, red-zone situations. Enrolling in January too would help in that Robinson would have a better knowledge base, and a few extra months of advanced weight training.

Still, there was the fact that San Antonio Christian is not a Texas-sized Texas high school, with the entire K-12 enrollment at roughly 1,200 students. And that caused Marmion to wonder, if just a little bit.

“The thing that’s sometimes hard when you have a big fish in a little pond,” Marmion said, “is to try to project — how’s that big fish going to do in a big pond?”

The answer? Swimmingly.

There were freshmen who jumped out during fall camp. Steve Elmer because of his size. Greg Bryant because of his build and potential. Jaylon Smith because of his ability.

But during the media viewing portions of camp, the conversations usually came back to one guy — Robinson.

“He consistently catches the football,” Irish coach Brian Kelly said. “It doesn’t matter who he goes up against. If the ball’s put in the right position, he’s going to come down with it.”

Because of who Robinson’s father is — basketball Hall-of-Famer David Robinson — the natural assumption would be that Corey’s athletic path would lead him to coming down with rebounds, not passes.

The younger Robinson, who has not been made available for interviews since arriving at ND in January, did not play football in middle school, and, according to Marmion, went out as a freshman in high school after his older brother, David, convinced him to. There was a hitch: Corey’s older brother didn’t play the entire year.

“So Corey went ahead and stayed out and I didn’t know whether we’d get him back his sophomore year or not,” Marmion said. “But he came on back out, and then it all started to kind of click for him at that point. I think he went out just to be with his brother.”

Still, there was the logical assumption that basketball would eventually trump football. But as Marmion got to know Robinson’s parents, he saw more and more that David and Valerie Robinson were allowing their children to determine their sports choices.

“You started to see pretty quickly that they were going to let the kids pick their own course,” Marmion said. “So I think he enjoyed basketball, but he kind of found his course a little bit with football. There’s no comparisons there (with his father). And Mom’s a diehard Chicago Bears fan. Dad is kind of take it or leave it with football. He’s become much more of a fan since Corey’s been playing than he was going into it, but Mom’s pretty hard-core.”

As well as Corey has performed at ND, it’s still hard not to notice his basketball legend dad when he’s around.

The “Admiral” posed for pictures on the field before the Temple game. He posed with fans after the game. When he walked through the interview room on his way to the locker room, there was no question who the 7-foot-1 man was that ducked as he approached a door.

“I think they’ve really enjoyed it. And I think he’s enjoying being a fan of his kid. For everything else that he is, he’s a dad. He’s just as excited about the opportunity for his son as anybody else would be for their kid to go to Notre Dame,” Marmion said.

Marmion believes that part of the allure of Notre Dame to Corey Robinson was that he would be able to come to the school as a student and football player, and not just as the son of a famous father. With so much attention on the team itself, Robinson wouldn’t be the story each week.

“And I think that quite honestly was something that was awful attractive about Notre Dame,” Marmion said. “It wasn’t a feather in Notre Dame’s cap to get David Robinson’s son. He wasn’t going to be the talking point for future recruiting classes. I think they liked that a little bit and they certainly were very impressed with the coaching staff early on, so it’s been a great fit for him academically. I know he’s enjoyed being in the dorms. So everything so far has been very positive.”

It’s been a continuous growth spurt, figuratively and literally, since Robinson showed up as a sub-6 footer several years ago in San Antonio.

“Once he figured it out,” Marmion said, “he turned out to be pretty good.”

http://www.southbendtribune.com/sports/college/notredame/football/article_122d6438-1656-11e3-a0ef-0019bb30f31a.html

Purebred Irishman
09-25-2013, 05:26 AM
http://notredame.247sports.com/Article/Corey-Robinson-Turns-Heads-For-ND-151283

When former San Antonio Spurs star David Robinson began college at the Naval Academy, he stood an imposing 6-foot-8. Within a year, he grew another three inches and eventually topped out at 7-foot-1. His son, Notre Dame freshman wide receiver Corey Robinson, towers over defensive backs with his 6-foot-5 frame. As he displayed in Saturday’s 17-13 win over Michigan State, he need not rely upon a late growth spurt like his father to make his mark with the Irish.

Robinson led the Irish with three receptions for 54 yards and drew a critical pass interference flag in the fourth quarter that led to the game-winning touchdown. Through four games, the lanky receiver has snared four passes, all of which have resulted in first downs.

“You’ve just got to be super confident and know that you have to go in there and make the catch to help the team win,” Robinson said. “Everyone’s counting on you to make the play. It’s just as hard mentally as it is physically. You have to make sure you impose your will on the defender and even if they cover you, you still have to make the play.”

Robinson’s four game-altering plays (including the pass interference against Michigan State) all came on third down. He set up both of the Irish touchdowns by moving the chains on a third down play.

- On third-and-three from Notre Dame’s own 27-yard line in the first quarter, senior quarterback Tommy Rees looked first to DaVaris Daniels and TJ Jones before lofting a jump ball to Robinson near midfield. Robinson had to adjust and come back to Rees’ underthrow, but the freshman hauled it in as he fell to the ground at the Michigan State 49.

- Three plays later, on third-and-10, Robinson faced cornerback Trae Waynes’ man coverage again. Robinson’s deep route earlier in the drive seemed to affect the way the Spartans covered him on this third down. When Robinson passed the first down marker, he immediately curled back and had a large cushion to haul in a 14-yard reception for another first down.

- With 41 seconds remaining in the first half and the Irish facing a third-and-three from Michigan State’s 19-yard line, Rees looked to Daniels near the end zone on the left side of the field. With standout cornerback Darqueze Dennard covering Daniels, Rees looked across the field to Robinson, who ran back toward Rees from the end zone. The quarterback found him for a 17-yard gain to the 2-yard line. Rees connected with Jones three players later for Notre Dame’s first touchdown.

- On the opening play of the fourth quarter and with the game tied at 10, Notre Dame faced a third-and-10 from the Spartan 22. Robinson ran a fade toward the end zone, but Waynes had the inside position and had the Irish freshman against the sideline. Rees underthrew Robinson on a pass that easily could have been intercepted, but Robinson’s physical presence and adjustment eliminated any chance of an interception and drew a questionable pass interference call against Waynes. Two plays later, Cam McDaniel scampered into the end zone from seven yards out to give Notre Dame its game-winning score.

“He's a big target,” Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly said. “He tracks the ball so very well. Look, if you can keep the ball in a position where he can [use his height], he's very difficult to defend.”

Sophomore cornerback KeiVarae Russell emphasized how difficult it is to deny Robinson, considering the freshman has a six-inch height advantage on the starting cornerback.

“Corey’s tough,” Russell said. “You could see today whether it was a [pass interference call] or a catch, that’s how it is in practice. … Corey catches everything near him. Even if you [cover him well], he catches nearly everything in his vicinity. … When the ball’s in the air you have to squeeze tight.”

Lining up against Russell and senior cornerback Bennett Jackson in practice has expedited Robinson’s progress, the receiver said.

“It’s so helpful to go against KeiVarae and Bennett every day,” Robinson said. “They’re some of the best corners out here. If we can make plays against them, we can make plays against anyone in theory.”

Robinson said he is “by far” a stronger player since entering strength and conditioning coach Paul Longo’s system as an early enrollee last January, but continuing to bulk up is his primary focus.

“I’m at about 200 [pounds] right now,” said Robinson, who added that the coaches want him to put on another 10-15 pounds.

“I think the thing with the weight would be [getting stronger] as opposed to more weight. I want to be able to be fast and quick as opposed to having more weight but not being any stronger.”

While the emphasis is on getting stronger, it wouldn’t come as a surprise if Robinson ends up growing vertically as well.

Purebred Irishman
10-03-2013, 05:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx8eCDAm_iY&feature=player_embedded

Purebred Irishman
11-01-2013, 06:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scOc8SNQYTs&list=UUE4eowdQYjxFuDSlnsan94Q

HoffVir
04-04-2014, 07:33 PM
One Foot Down ‏@OneFootDown (https://twitter.com/OneFootDown)
From today's @WatchND (https://twitter.com/WatchND) practice report. Catch Radius does his thing again. pic.twitter.com/gSoZcp3CoC (http://t.co/gSoZcp3CoC)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bkafn8dCMAI2trk.jpg (https://twitter.com/OneFootDown/status/452224321184739328/photo/1/large)
7:20 PM - 4 Apr 2014
(https://twitter.com/OneFootDown/status/452224321184739328/photo/1/large)

Purebred Irishman
08-10-2014, 03:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRUOUtDpqZI&list=UUE4eowdQYjxFuDSlnsan94Q

Purebred Irishman
08-21-2014, 11:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCIS44fSuJA&list=UUE4eowdQYjxFuDSlnsan94Q

Purebred Irishman
09-14-2014, 06:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4nlg4dhHrk&list=UUE4eowdQYjxFuDSlnsan94Q

Purebred Irishman
09-25-2014, 02:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emGxEDIbZf4&list=UUE4eowdQYjxFuDSlnsan94Q

Purebred Irishman
10-02-2014, 05:27 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2GMx54w6-U&list=UUE4eowdQYjxFuDSlnsan94Q

Purebred Irishman
10-30-2014, 04:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qJGEv94I6I&list=UUE4eowdQYjxFuDSlnsan94Q

Purebred Irishman
12-04-2014, 04:38 PM
http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/2014/12/04/corey-robinson-named-1st-team-academic-american/

Notre Dame sophomore wide receiver Corey Robinson was named an Academic All-American.

Here is the release from Notre Dame:

University of Notre Dame sophomore wide receiver Corey Robinson has earned the distinction of being named to the 2014 Capital One Academic All-America® Division I Football Team, as chosen by the College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA).

Robinson (San Antonio, Texas/San Antonio Christian) is the first sophomore at an NCAA Division I institution to earn first-team Academic All-America honors since 2008. He also is just the fourth sophomore to attain first-team status since 2002, joining Pittsburgh defensive lineman Vince Crochunis (2002), Florida quarterback Tim Tebow (2007) and South Dakota State running back Kyle Minett (2008).

Robinson is the second Irish sophomore football player to earn first-team Academic All-America status and the first since Joe Heap in 1952.

Heap remains the only player in program history, and one of three in University history, to be a three-time first-team Academic All-America selection.

Robinson becomes the third Notre Dame student-athlete to earn Academic All-America honors this fall. Last month, Irish men’s soccer players Patrick Hodan and Luke Mishu garnered first-team and third-team Academic All-America recognition, respectively.

Robinson, a liberal studies major, boasts a 3.83 cumulative grade-point average in Notre Dame’s College of Arts and Letters. He’s been named to the dean’s list following each of his four semesters on campus.

Robinson finished the ’14 regular season with 40 receptions for 539 yards and five touchdown catches – second best on the Irish in all three categories. He played in all 12 regular-season games and started twice (vs. Michigan and vs. Syracuse).

Robinson registered (at the time) career bests of eight receptions, 91 yards and one touchdown in the 31-15 victory over Syracuse on Sept. 27 at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey.

Robinson also had four catches in the 17-14 win against No. 14 Stanford on Oct. 4 at Notre Dame Stadium, with all four receptions coming on the final two drives of the game with the Irish either tied or trailing, and three of those catches resulted in a first down.

Robinson shined at No. 2 Florida State on Oct. 18 with eight receptions for 99 yards and two touchdowns. Both of his touchdown catches against the Seminoles came in the first half to punctuate his first career multiple-touchdown game.

Robinson not only excels on the gridiron and in the classroom, but he also devotes significant time to numerous service groups within the Notre Dame community. Robinson, who serves on the Irish football team’s unity council, is a member of the University’s Student Government Executive Cabinet, and participates on both the athletic department’s Christian Athletes Advisory Council and with its Rosenthal Leadership Academy. He also is the chair of the Student-Athlete Advisory Council’s IrishOn3 initiative.

Notre Dame has produced 241 Academic All-America selections since that program debuted 62 years ago, ranking second all-time to the University of Nebraska in overall Academic All-America honorees. The Irish also have fielded 59 Academic All-America recipients in football, ranking third all-time.

To be eligible for Capital One Academic All-America® consideration, a student-athlete must be a varsity starter or key reserve, maintain a cumulative grade-point average of at least 3.30 on a scale of 4.00, have reached sophomore athletic and academic status at his/her current institution and be nominated by his/her sports information director.

Since the program’s inception in 1952, CoSIDA has bestowed Academic All-America honors on more than 16,000 student-athletes in Division I, II, III and NAIA, covering all NCAA championship sports.

Today’s announcement further signifies that Irish student-athletes are succeeding in the classroom. The football program won the 2014 American Football Coaches Association Academic Achievement Award. The Irish shared the 2014 award with Duke University, Northwestern University and Stanford University–with all four institutions recording a 100 percent graduation rate for members of its freshman football student-athlete class of 2007.

The AFCA award for Notre Dame follows the October announcement of GSR numbers in which Notre Dame ranked first among all NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision institutions with its 99 graduation rate for all student-athletes entering between 2004 and 2007. In those same rankings, Notre Dame also stood first among male student-athletes (98), female student-athletes (100) and black student-athletes (96).

Twenty of Notre Dame’s 22 individual athletics programs produced GSR scores of 100.