PDA

View Full Version : '13 GA DE Isaac Rochell (Verbal Commit 6/7/12 ND LOI)

zimmsbg78
02-08-2012, 08:40 AM
Defensive End
McDonough, Georgia
Eagle's Landing Christian

Links of Interest:
Isaac Rochell - Yahoo! Sports (http://rivals.yahoo.com/notredame/football/recruiting/player-Isaac-Rochell-108636)

Isaac Rochell (http://247sports.com/Player/Isaac-Rochell-12747)

Height:6'5"
Weight:240 lbs
Class:2013 (High School)

Multimedia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD6o6Wuckcs&feature=player_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHssRZkqd24&feature=player_detailpage

ND has verbally offered. They join a very crowded verbal offer list as Isaac currently holds verbal offers from Bama, Arkansas, Auburn, Clemson, Boston College, FSU, UGA, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Kentucky, OU, Ole' Miss, Mississippi State, Pitt, Purdue USCe, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech, UVA and Wake Forest. Isaac has already unofficially visited FSU, Bama and Georgia Tech during the season.

zimmsbg78
03-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Cancelled his unofficial visit for ND's junior day on March 24th. Plans to use a OV to see ND in the fall.

ChicagoIrish
04-02-2012, 05:15 PM
from what I can piece together on twitter, he may be on campus today

SouthernIrish
04-02-2012, 05:26 PM
confirmed he is on campus.

Win4Gipper
04-02-2012, 07:43 PM
confirmed he is on campus.

Sounds like he had a good visit

NDgrandson
04-03-2012, 06:37 AM
Reminds me of Aaron Lynch.

zimmsbg78
04-03-2012, 11:51 AM
A video interview with Isaac from B&G............

Isaac Rochell video interview - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=L5yOENprNfQ)

JMR8
04-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Let's keep those nasty DL ah comin! Sounds like a great kid from the interview.

SouthernIrish
04-04-2012, 08:22 AM
communicating with Malik Zaire via twitter. said he loved ND. Malik is working him. could happen.

zimmsbg78
05-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Isaac plans to return to South Bend for another unofficial visit on June 3rd. He also plans to use a OV to ND for the ND/scUM night game on September 22nd.

Katzenboyer
05-08-2012, 02:36 PM
Isaac plans to return to South Bend for another unofficial visit on June 3rd. He also plans to use a OV to ND for the ND/scUM night game on September 22nd.

What are the chances we get a commit on the 3rd?

Dayton_Domer
05-22-2012, 01:07 PM
read Isaac named ND as his leader...commit next month?

luckofirish8
05-22-2012, 01:29 PM
This one looks like a matter of time, but if I've learned one thing in following recruiting it's that these kids will surprise ya from time to time.

Svoboda
06-02-2012, 01:30 PM
On his way to campus for a visit. There is a lot of rumor and innuendo out that he may commit to Notre Dame as well. Could be an epic weekend for the Irish.

mlcspinner
06-02-2012, 04:05 PM
On his way to campus for a visit. There is a lot of rumor and innuendo out that he may commit to Notre Dame as well. Could be an epic weekend for the Irish.

lets hope it all goes down the way we want it

adamsfamily03
06-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Fingers crossed!!!

step30044
06-02-2012, 07:03 PM
NEXT????

jbrown_9999
06-03-2012, 11:53 PM
Any word 1) if he is on campus yet 2) if so, how his visit is going? and 3) how long is he expected to stay?

Svoboda
06-03-2012, 11:54 PM
Any word 1) if he is on campus yet 2) if so, how his visit is going? and 3) how long is he expected to stay?
He's in South Bend. Believe his visit starts tomorrow.

irishunclebill
06-04-2012, 10:13 PM
Irish Sports Daily‏@ISDUpdate

#NotreDame still 'Definitely #1' for GA DE Isaac Rochell following latest visit.

^

irishunclebill
06-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Jason Sapp‏@BGI_JasonSapp

Top247 DE Isaac Rochell on where the #Irish stand after visit ~ " #NotreDame is first on my list..."

^

Synoptico
06-07-2012, 09:27 AM
IRISH!!! per ISD

zimmsbg78
06-07-2012, 09:29 AM
IRISH!!! per ISD

Defensive boys starting to fall.......LOVE IT!

zimmsbg78
06-07-2012, 09:33 AM
http://notredame.247sports.com/Article/DE-Isaac-Rochell-commits-to-Notre-Dame-76458 (free)

McDonough (Ga.) Eagle's Landing defensive end Isaac Rochell took a return trip to Notre Dame to get another look at what the Irish have to offer and it turned out to be just what he needed as BlueandGold.com has received confirmation from a source close to the situation that he offered his pledge to the Irish.

"The visit was almost perfect," the 6-5, 260-pound four-star recruit said after the visit. "Notre Dame is first on my list. Just the academics and prestige really stand out to me."

Near perfect was enough to push his "99 percent" certainty that he wanted to be at Notre Dame full throttle.

Rochell, who notched 97 tackles, 24 tackles for loss and seven sacks in his junior season, is rated by 247Sports as the No. 7 strongside defensive end nationally, the No. 12 prospect in Georgia and the country's No. 106 overall recruit.

He's No. 14 of the 2013 recruiting class and the second defensive end in the haul.

grantland
06-07-2012, 09:53 AM
Call it Geography bias on my part, but anytime we land a recruit who has been offered by the entire SEC, I am happy.

HoffVir
06-07-2012, 09:53 AM
Jaylon Smith ‏@JaeeSmiff9ENT
Rochell commited to ND i hear! Lets keep it comming Irish,. building a lovely 2013 classs, "Dynasty"
9:37 AM - 7 Jun 12

Isaac rochell ‏@bigisaac78
Glad to be Irish #irishmob13 #ndnation
9:42 AM - 7 Jun 12

ChicagoIrish
06-07-2012, 09:57 AM
I like this commitment quite a bit.

IrishinTN
06-07-2012, 10:01 AM
Jaylon Smith ‏@JaeeSmiff9ENT
Rochell commited to ND i hear! Lets keep it comming Irish,. building a lovely 2013 classs, "Dynasty"
9:37 AM - 7 Jun 12

Isaac rochell ‏@bigisaac78
Glad to be Irish #irishmob13 #ndnation
9:42 AM - 7 Jun 12

Love the Irish Mob. Welcome Isaac and let's keep this June train rolling!

luckofirish8
06-07-2012, 10:19 AM
Call it Geography bias on my part, but anytime we land a recruit who has been offered by the entire SEC, I am happy.

me too.

HoffVir
06-07-2012, 10:45 AM
Jake Brown ‏@Jake_Brown
Steve Rochell on his son's commitment to #NotreDame: "Isaac likes Notre Dame because he knows Notre Dame really understands him."
10:42 AM - 7 Jun 12

stew654
06-07-2012, 10:57 AM
Great to see the bigtime D recruits go IRISH!

adamsfamily03
06-07-2012, 11:27 AM
This is inspiring to hear parents so in tune with their kids and helping them to understand what is most important. Going to a school where there is a mutual benefit is great for all parties involved. Welcome aboard Isaac!!!!!!!!!!

Jake Brown ‏@Jake_Brown
Steve Rochell on his son's commitment to #NotreDame: "Isaac likes Notre Dame because he knows Notre Dame really understands him."
10:42 AM - 7 Jun 12

isotopes
06-07-2012, 11:32 AM
Its sad when parents like this and Randolph's parents are considered so unique amongst top prospects. I would be very interested to see the numbers of top recruits who make it in sports, make the most of education and those whose "support structure" sets them up for complete failure on and off the field. A lot of respect though for parents like this.

Purebred Irishman
06-07-2012, 11:38 AM
Great pick up for ND.. Congrats Isaac for a wonderful decision

Purebred Irishman
06-07-2012, 11:46 AM
http://www.southbendtribune.com/sports/collegesports/notredame/sbt-notre-dame-football-recruiting-de-rochell-commits-to-irish-20120607,0,1357827.story?track=rss

Isaac Rochell reactivated his Twitter account late Wednesday night. Nine hours later Rochell had news he wanted to share with the world.

“Glad to be Irish #irishmob13 #ndnation,” Rochell tweeted, announcing the defensive end’s commitment to the 2013 recruiting class. Rochell’s Twitter account had been deactivated since May 20.

Rochell’s commitment comes fresh off his second unofficial campus visit to Notre Dame this spring. Rochell returned to campus this week with Notre Dame at the top of the list and decided to offer his verbal commitment on Thursday.

The 6-5, 260-pound Rochell, who will be a senior this fall at Eagle’s Landing Christian Academy in McDonough, Ga., becomes the 14th commitment to the 2013 class. His pledge comes just days after Fort Wayne linebacker Jaylon Smith joined the group. Rochell becomes the second defensive end prospect in the class, joining 6-5, 240-pound Jacob Matuska.

247Sports.com ranks Rochell as the No. 7 strong-side defensive end and the No. 106 prospect in the 2013 class. Rivals.com ranks Rochell as the No. 8 strong-side defensive end and the No. 88 prospect in the country.

irishunclebill
06-07-2012, 01:19 PM
http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/notre-dame-football-recruiting/7114-rochell-is-in

Rochell Is In
Thursday, 07 June 2012 08:16
Trent Adams

After Jaylon Smith committed to Notre Dame last Saturday, Irish fans thought this could be an epic week recruiting on the defense's side of the ball if defensive end Isaac Rochell also popped with his pledge for the Notre Dame.

On Tuesday, the four-star defensive end became the 14th member of Notre Dame's recruiting class.

Many fans were wondering if Rochell would commit to Notre Dame after making his second visit to Notre Dame in two months. The fact that Rochell left campus and didn't want to commit until late this fall got some fans discouraged, but in reality he just wanted to think things over.

"I just didn't want to make any rash decisions," Rochell told Irish Sports Daily. "I felt like I needed to show my brother what Notre Dame was about and he loved it just like the rest of my family. I decided that I didn't want to wait any longer because I can't really see another school matching what Notre Dame has to offer."

When Rochell left campus Monday evening, he knew where he wanted to go to college and he knew it was more a matter of when than if.

"Even before the second visit, I knew that Notre Dame was the place for me," he shared. "My family and I take our faith very serious and that's something that's also great about Notre Dame. The academic opportunities and football opportunities combined are too much to pass up."

Rochell is the second defensive line recruit in the 2013 class, joining Ohio athlete Jacob Matuska. The Georgia native has seen how the Irish coaching staff has recruited in prior years and he's excited about the future of the program.

"We have a great class right now and Coach (Brian) Kelly has done a great job recruiting his first two years as well," he noted. "Also, the type of people that are at Notre Dame are genuinely good people and that makes a huge difference. I think that Notre Dame is headed for a lot of success for years to come."

One thing that will make Irish fans smile is that Rochell plans to completely shutdown the recruiting process and start helping to add to the Irish Mob.

"I'm solid, I'm 100 percent Irish," he shared. "I'm ready to have a great senior season and get myself up to Notre Dame and help us win a national championship. It feels good to have this process over, but I'm also very thankful for it because it was a blessing. Not many people are blessed with the opportunity that I am and I plan to take full advantage of this college opportunity."

tedwick
06-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Thoughtful, well-spoken dude. I dig it.

NDAlumSon
06-07-2012, 01:34 PM
"We have a great class right now and Coach (Brian) Kelly has done a great job recruiting his first two years as well," he noted. "Also, the type of people that are at Notre Dame are genuinely good people and that makes a huge difference. I think that Notre Dame is headed for a lot of success for years to come."

I think he smells a championship too. So either IrishND31 really stinks or we're really good.

NDisNCin2010
06-07-2012, 01:38 PM
yahooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

DirtySecret
06-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Boy, it isn't looking good for Mark Richt at GA. This is the second time a big time prospect has left the state of GA. This is the second time in 3 years Notre Dame has went into Mark's backyard to take one away. I'd be pissed if I was a GA fan.

jerseyborn1971
06-07-2012, 02:03 PM
This "Irish Mob" stuff is what ND needs to better brand themselves with the kids today. ND is trying to get "cool" again. WInning games will help that too.

tedwick
06-07-2012, 02:09 PM
This "Irish Mob" stuff is what ND needs to better brand themselves with the kids today. ND is trying to get "cool" again. WInning games will help that too.I've always wondered how much info or direction these kids get from the coaching staff. Which kids to get on over twitter, how to make ND commits more visible, etc. Interesting game.

HoffVir
06-07-2012, 10:19 PM
UPDATE: Notre Dame football recruiting: Defense gets big boost from Rochell
By TYLER JAMES
South Bend Tribune
8:32 p.m. EDT, June 7, 2012

Isaac Rochell first visited Notre Dame in early April with his parents accompanying him on the long trip to South Bend from McDonough, Ga.

They returned home with a feeling that Notre Dame was the right fit for him, but Isaac wanted to be patient. He didn't want to commit too soon, though his mother was already convinced he should.

"She was like, 'If you start liking other schools, I'm calling (ND tight ends) coach (Scott) Booker and telling him that he needs to recruit you harder,'" Rochell said on Thursday.

A second visit this week sealed the decision for Rochell. After returning home to Georgia, he called Booker Wednesday night to offer the 14th verbal commitment to the 2013 Irish class.

"When I went the second time I knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was ready," Rochell said.

The 6-foot-5, 260-pound defensive end from Eagle's Landing Christian Academy had originally planned on holding out until the fall to commit, but everything felt right.

"I had really been praying about it and putting a lot of thought into it," Rochell said. "I just had a lot of peace about it the second time. At that point I just knew."

Plus his parents and brother all agreed after visiting campus with him.

"My mom loves it, my brother loves it, and my dad loves it," Rochell said. "It was a unanimous decision."

Rochell marks the second big catch of the week for the Irish after linebacker Jaylon Smith's commitment on Saturday. Rochell held more than 20 offers, including ones from Alabama, Florida and Georgia.

Rivals.com ranks Rochell as the No. 8 strong-side defensive end and the No. 88 prospect in the country, and 247Sports.com ranks Rochell as the No. 7 strong-side defensive end and the No. 106 prospect overall.

Rochell said he was sold on the whole package Notre Dame offered. Walking around on his two campus visits gave him the feeling of what he was looking for in college.

"It's hard to say one specific thing, but as a player and with my personality, I felt like Notre Dame just fit me the most out of any school that I've been too," Rochell said.

The first trip to campus for Rochell was due in part to Booker's recruiting. Booker, 31, the youngest assistant coach on staff, was able to relate well with Rochell.

"He's probably the only coach that didn't message me and say you need to come to our school like every time. He built a relationship right off the bat," Rochell said.

"He did an excellent job with the recruiting process. That's really probably why I felt so comfortable at first just because I didn't feel like he was a recruiter. Even though he's older than me, he kind of felt like a friend. He made me feel really comfortable."

Booker wasn't the only recent hire of Brian Kelly's that pitched in on Rochell's commitment. Ernest Jones, who was brought in as director of player development and engagement in March, was named by Rochell as someone who helped create a welcoming presence when his family met with him on both visits.

Rochell said he talked with linebacker Manti Te'o and defensive lineman Stephon Tuitt about the challenges of homesickness. They helped explain to him that it's something that all young players from far away will deal with, but that Notre Dame helps you fight through it.

On Thursday, Rochell took to Twitter to share his announcement with the public.

"Glad to be Irish #irishmob13 #ndnation," Rochell tweeted Thursday morning.

Rochell had deactivated his Twitter account back on May 20, but reactivated it late Wednesday night to share the news.

"I wanted to get back on Twitter and get back in touch with the Notre Dame nation and some of the recruits," Rochell said. "That's all part of the experience. I really just wanted to have the full effect. It's fun."

Rochell warned Notre Dame fans that he'll likely shut the @bigissac78 handle down at some point again. He prefers to not use it too often because of the distraction it can cause. But a disappearance of Rochell's Twitter account won't be a reflection on uncertainty with his commitment, he said.

"I really feel comfortable with Notre Dame," Rochell said. "There's no point in teasing coaches. I just needed to make a decision and step up and be a man of my word."

http://www.southbendtribune.com/news/sbt-notre-dame-football-recruiting-de-rochell-commits-to-irish-20120607,0,5486691.story

ND from NE
06-08-2012, 08:34 AM
another great pickup .... now to work on back end of defense

HoffVir
06-09-2012, 08:52 AM
‏@bigisaac78 Isaac rochell
Future coach pic.twitter.com/ebcrOk5r
https://p.twimg.com/Au7JfawCEAAd3N3.jpg:large
1:24 AM - 9 Jun 12

irishunclebill
09-02-2012, 11:50 PM
Reportedly broke his left hand during ELC's game this weekend.

zimmsbg78
11-21-2012, 09:26 AM
http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/notre-dame-football-recruiting/8160-rochell-eyes-own-title (free)

Isaac Rochell isn’t planning to be at Notre Dame’s team banquet next month and he really doesn’t want to be there either, but that doesn’t say anything about the way the 2013 Irish defensive end commit feels about Notre Dame.

“In my mind, I’m going to be playing in the state championship,” said the 6-foot-5, 260-pounder from McDonough, Ga.

Rochell’s Eagle’s Landing Christian Academy squad enters the playoffs with a 9-1 record. The Chargers are hosting Our Lady of Mercy in the first round of the playoffs on Friday.

“I think if we work hard and do what we’re supposed to do, there’s no doubt that we can win a state championship,” said Rochell.

If Rochell and Eagle’s Landing keep winning, the state semifinals will be on Dec. 7th, the night of Notre Dame’s banquet. Rochell used an unofficial visit to get to the Michigan game in September and is hoping his team keeps winning and he’ll be able to use his official visit in January.

“But for some odd reason, if we lose, I’ll be there for the banquet,” Rochell said. “If not, I’ll be back there after the first of the year. I’ll definitely be there again.”

Rochell is excited to see his future teammates head into the season’s final game with an unbeaten record and the nation’s number one ranking.

“I think it speaks for itself, they’re number one,” said Rochell. “They just need to keep working hard and beat USC. I think they should, but they need to keep working and doing the things they’re doing.”

The number one ranking has been a source of pride for Rochell among his teachers and classmates.

“They know it’s not an average school, it’s the number one school in the nation,” Rochell said. “There are a lot of Notre Dame fans at the school and it’s a big deal for the school to have me committed to the number one team in the country.”

But Rochell’s main focus is on his own season.

“The season’s going good for me,” he said. “Our d-line is playing really good and our defense is playing well. All season when our starting defense has been on the field, our defense hasn’t given up a touchdown.”

Eagle’s Landing hasn’t lost a game since the season-opener way back in August and has outscored opponents 455-54 in the final nine games of the regular season. Rochell missed some time with an injury, but has worked his way back.

“I broke my hand, so when I got my cast off, I was playing with a broken hand,” he said. “Now, I’m working on bringing my hands every play and really concentrating on that. Other than that, we just have team goals, not necessarily individual goals.”

And the team goal is simple, winning state.

Purebred Irishman
11-28-2012, 02:30 PM
http://notredame.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=1442592&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

After visiting Notre Dame several times, it was Isaac Rochell's turn to host the Irish. Notre Dame assistant coach Scott Booker spent Monday evening with Rochell and his mother in their Georgia home

zimmsbg78
12-28-2012, 07:58 AM
Free video interview with Isaac from Rivals at the Offense-Defense Bowl..........

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/isaac-rochell-ready-for-south-bend-1111399?NICK_NAME=maxnaj&LEVEL=2&TIME=1356699419&SIG=f2a7e6a2e5a2aa57458bc759f1979b74

HoffVir
12-28-2012, 11:18 AM
Irish DL commit Isaac Rochell sets ND official visit
Jason Sapp
6 minutes ago

247Sports recruiting writer Taylor Hamm checked in with Notre Dame defensive end commit Isaac Rochell at the Offense-Defense All-American Bowl and the four-star player has set his official visit to South Bend for the Jan. 18 weekend.

http://notredame.247sports.com/Board/87/Irish-DL-commit-Isaac-Rochell-sets-ND-official-visit-15266014/1#a15266057

zimmsbg78
01-25-2013, 10:03 AM
http://notredame.247sports.com/Article/Notre-Dame-commit-Isaac-Rochell-talks-ND-official-in-home-visit-113143 (free)

His trip to South Bend last April opened his eyes to the opportunities presented on campus and his return trip on June 4 was followed by a commitment just two days later. After getting back to Notre Dame for the Michigan game on his own dime he was able to finally take his official visit this past weekend – one which only featured one other commit, offensive tackle Hunter Bivin.

“Getting to be around a lot of the players was the most important thing and the biggest different from my other trips out there,” the 6-5, 260-pound four-star defensive end reported to BlueandGold.com. “Bottom line I feel it’s about taking in the overall environment.”

Rochell, who was accompanied on his visit by 2014 Irish offered junior defensive end and teammate Andrew Williams, was hosted by freshman outside linebacker Romeo Okwara.

“We got to spend a lot of time together,” the Georgia native said. “I was with him for two days, really. We bonded and it was cool getting to ask him questions about how he felt there.”

Rochell also noted having a chance to meet junior nose guard Louis Nix III, who he’s looking forward to playing the defensive line with, and freshman defensive end Sheldon Day – yet another person to ask questions about the transition from the high school level to being a first-year contributor.

“Sheldon was my co-host and he’s a really humble guy,” he said. “He didn’t talk about playing as a freshman and all of that. He mainly answered all my questions about the academic part. It’s a main concern for me because I’m not really concerned about the playing side. I want to know what it’s like to take on a full course load at a really good academic school like Notre Dame. And Sheldon was able to give me more confidence going into the situation.”

Rochell noted that he didn’t actually get to spend a ton of time with Williams during the visit considering his was an official and Williams was an unofficial, but he couldn’t help but think about how great it will be to build the same type of friendships when he reports in the summer.

“It was good to get him out there,” the No. 11 player in Georgia, nation’s No. 11 strongside defensive end and No. 127 overall prospect in the land according to 247Sports said. “I’m not sure what he’s thinking for his recruiting process in general, but I know he likes Notre Dame.”

Williams listed Notre Dame among his ten standouts in an interview with BlueandGold.com following his visit this past weekend.

Rochell noted getting a chance to be around the early enrollees and seeing how they’ve been following the early start.

“It was cool to see them all and ask about the combination of the winter workouts and academics,” he said of offensive lineman Steve Elmer, tight end Mike Heuerman, wide receiver James Onwualu, wide receiver Corey Robinson and quarterback Malik Zaire. “They all said it was a clean transition.”

In regards to the plan for him moving forward, Rochell spent time with his future position coach, Mike Elston.

“It was cool because he was almost reassuring himself as well as we were talking about how they’re going to be moving forward,” he said following a national championship run for the Irish in 2012. “We watched some of the Alabama film and he feels good about what’s going on with the program and the recruiting class coming in. He never wants to have the feeling after losing in a national championship game again and he feels that our defensive line is going to be just as strong.”

Rochell, who has started a new Twitter page using @IsaacRochell88, also had a chance to sit down with defensive coordinator Bob Diaco, but said at this point it’s all about continuing to build those relationships because “recruiting is pretty much over and I’m just ready to sign and officially be part of the team.”

While he was also able to meet with Brian Kelly in South Bend, he was looking forward to getting the Irish head coach in his neck of the wood for an in-home visit on Thursday.

“Coach Kelly and (Georgia recruiter and tight ends coach Scott) Booker were at the school and then they came by my house,” the Offense-Defense All-American said. “It was great having them in my house. It was different because it’s getting a coach out of their environment and in your own. But it was cool and it’s always great having a chance to be around Coach Kelly.”

Rochell noted that despite having a coaching staff full of Georgia fans, everyone around his school was excited to host Notre Dame’s coaches.

With National Signing Day less than two weeks away, he’s looking forward to taking the next step in the process and becoming a part of the program that has generated that level of excitement in his surroundings.

“I’m just going to enjoy it all with my school,” he said of his plans on Feb. 6. “It’s an accomplishment. I’ll be able to look back and say that it all worked out.

“I never had a specific goal. I just worked hard for these four years to be successful. Everything is coming to fruition.”

Soon enough, Rochell will begin another four in the next phase.

Synoptico
02-06-2013, 07:17 AM
fax is in

stonebreakerwasgod
02-06-2013, 07:35 AM
Better than the fix is in.
This day I would usually take off, but not this year. Stuck working with only access via phone. :(

zimmsbg78
02-06-2013, 11:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6brM5y7E_8o&feature=player_detailpage

HoffVir
06-05-2013, 10:35 PM
Tom Loy ‏@TomLoy247
"Isaac Rochell (@IsaacRochell88) working hard to succeed at #NotreDame". This is a #CantMiss video from @Niebuhr247. http://notredame.247sports.com/Board/87/Rochell-preparing-for-Notre-Dame-19124154/1 …
10:24 PM - 5 Jun 13

http://youtu.be/dsf_KGIVEGo

Purebred Irishman
07-28-2013, 05:12 PM
http://irish.nbcsports.com/2013/07/25/freshman-focus-isaac-rochell/

Incoming defensive lineman Isaac Rochell is a lot of things on the football field. But what might make him one of the more interesting recruits in this class is what he isn’t: Drama.

Rochell’s recruitment was one of the quietest for a high profile player in recent memory. In an era where just about every elite defensive lineman turns into a recruiting battle until the end, Rochell’s eventual signing with the Irish had so few twists and turns that most Irish fans might be taking Rochell for granted.

While thousands of words and millions of worries were dedicated to Eddie Vanderdoes, Rochell will walk onto campus as one of the top prospects in the country along the defensive line that nobody seems to be talking about. He’s a big, strong and powerful defensive lineman playing a position that the Irish need to replenish, and is another recruiting victory that Brian Kelly and staff had over SEC powers, with the help of young assistant Scott Booker.

Let’s take a closer look at Isaac Rochell.

RECRUITING PEDIGREE

In just about every other recruiting class, Rochell is the type of guy that would have Irish fans jumping for joy. An elite defensive line recruit with offers from Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Michigan and a few dozen other programs, Rochelle has the type of upside that has Kelly and his coaching staff very excited.

“He’s going to play on the defensive line, and he’s going to impact this program,” Kelly said. “I think he’s got a huge upside, and we’re really excited about getting a player of this caliber here to Notre Dame.”

Rochelle was a consensus Top 125 player across the board for just about every recruiting service.

EARLY PLAYING TIME OPPORTUNITIES

With the injury to Chase Hounshell and the departure of Eddie Vanderdoes, Rochell has the chance to make an early dent in the depth chart. Looking at this season, behind the locked in starting three of Stephon Tuitt, Louis Nix and Sheldon Day, where Rochell slots in among guys like Tony Springmann, Justin Utupo and Jarron Jones will be interesting to watch.

While we’ve heard nice things about fifth year player Tyler Stockton, he might be a rotational player at the nose with Kona Schwenke. Likewise, a guy like Utuopo might have been just a flash in spring practice, but might never be heard from again. That said, expecting numbers out of Rochell that exceed what Day did last year as a true freshman is probably asking too much, especially considering Day had a spring semester to prepare him for college football.

Like the offensive line last season, the Irish defense up front might be caught in a talented-but-thin predicament and a talented guy like Rochell could be the beneficiary.

PROJECTING THE FUTURE

With an offer list like the one Rochell possesses and a size and skillset that this staff covets, it’s not hard to think big things are in Rochell’s future. (Tight end coach Scott Booker, who led the charge for Rochell, believes he’s athletic enough to play tight end for the Irish.) That said, the timing of Rochell’s breakthrough will likely correspond with the departure of Stephon Tuitt.

Still, the Irish depend on a solid rotation of players in the front seven to power the defense and a guy like Rochell might find his way into that rotation the day he steps foot on campus. After one or two seasons behind Tuitt, Rochell could work his way into becoming a two year starter — or three if he’s able to redshirt this season.

In a defense like the Irish’s, finding athletes like Rochell are essential to the overall health of the defense. With the chance to develop and learn behind one of the country’s elite defensive lines, Rochell should be a future staple of front sevens to come.

Purebred Irishman
10-09-2013, 02:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya95G7Fc5hM

Purebred Irishman
11-07-2013, 05:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SyeZ1cGAlM&list=UUE4eowdQYjxFuDSlnsan94Q

Purebred Irishman
09-25-2014, 03:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVnFtZu7Tgo&list=UUE4eowdQYjxFuDSlnsan94Q

Purebred Irishman
10-10-2014, 09:26 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUto6ZneAOg&list=UUE4eowdQYjxFuDSlnsan94Q

rontdtarchala
10-10-2014, 03:26 PM
ok was he not one of the silent 5 or am I just way off

ACamp1900
10-10-2014, 03:30 PM
Rochell???? ah, no, he was not.

IrishGrizz
10-10-2014, 07:06 PM
ok was he not one of the silent 5 or am I just way off

Maybe you are thinking of Ishaq Williams.......

rontdtarchala
10-10-2014, 08:05 PM
yep and just saw on tv Davarie is gone this year will return next what about the rest of them?

rontdtarchala
10-10-2014, 08:08 PM
Kavarie Russell man I suck at names... strong messege from him...

Purebred Irishman
10-16-2014, 05:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVHvQNvjXUk&list=UUE4eowdQYjxFuDSlnsan94Q

rontdtarchala
10-16-2014, 09:01 PM
Dominate!!!! Destroy!!!!