PDA

View Full Version : '12 NV OT Ronnie Stanley (12/15/11 Notre Dame LOI)

Purebred Irishman
04-13-2011, 05:16 AM
Offensive Tackle
Bishop Gorman High School (Las Vegas, NV)

Links of Interest:
Rivals Profile (http://rivals.yahoo.com/notredame/football/recruiting/player-Ronnie-Stanley-104949)

Height: 6 foot-7
Weight: 285 lbs.
Forty:
Bench Max:
Squat Max:
Shuttle:
Vertical:
GPA: 3.7

Multimedia

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/notre-dame-football-recruiting/4569-nevada-ol-in-contact-with-nd

When looking at Notre Dame's roster, you will see some of the top players from around the nation with almost each state being represented. One state the Irish haven't had much luck in is Nevada and it isn't for lack of trying. The Irish already have their eyes on a few of the elite prospects from the “The Silver State,” and one of those 2012 prospects is offensive lineman Ronnie Stanley (Las Vegas , Nev./ Bishop Gorman).

“I get a lot of mail from Notre Dame,” said the Nevada offensive lineman. “I've also been talking to coach (Mike) Denbrock recently. He's been talking about how he thinks I fit well in their offense and how it's a great place to be. I'm supposed to call him pretty soon because he says he needs to talk to me about something.

“I think they might be offering me pretty soon.”

The Irish aren't the only school that's interested in the 6-foot-6, 285-pound junior.

“I have 11 offers right now from some good schools,” said Stanley. “The ones I have are Arizona, Arkansas, Arizona State, California, USC, Utah, UCLA, Oregon State, Washington, Illinois, and Nebraska.

“I was just at the Nike training camp in California, and the day before that I took an unofficial to USC,” he said. “I also visited Arizona for their junior day and that was a good visit.”

Recruiters are always looking for offensive linemen who are athletic and have that mean streak to go with it. These are the exact traits that Stanley has been blessed with.

“I bring an intimidation and physical factor when I step on the field,” he claimed. “I also try to bring the leadership factor for my team. I'm one of the players who has been on the team the longest and I know what my coach wants and expects from the team.”

Stanley has already eyed some goals he hopes to accomplish this season with his team and on a personal level.

“The goal I set personally is to be the number one-ranked player at my position,” said the highly touted lineman. “Team-wise I’d like to try to win the national championship with my high school team. That has always been a goal for me.”

With the junior attracting so much attention from college recruiters, Stanley plans to take plenty of time to enjoy the process and make sure he has all the facts before making a decision.

“I'll probably narrow down my list after I take all my visits,” the Bishop Gorman standout said. “I need to get to know my offensive line coach and the head coach and get used to where I might be playing my next four years.

“This will be one of the most importance decisions I’ll ever have to make, and I want to make sure I make the right one.”

One school he definitely knows could be life-changing resides in South Bend.

“I'm definitely hoping to get up to Notre Dame for a visit this year,” said the Nevada star. “It definitely is a school of great interest to me. I'm just not sure when that's going to be because of my schedule.”

zimmsbg78
04-15-2011, 08:02 AM
http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/premium-football-recruiting/

A couple days ago offensive lineman Ronnie Stanley (Las Vegas, Nev. /Bishop Gorman) told Irish Sports Daily he thought he’d be getting an offer from Notre Dame soon. Well, he was right.

His prediction became reality Thursday night as the Irish became the 13th school to offer standout offensive lineman.

zimmsbg78
04-26-2011, 10:57 AM
http://247sports.com/Article/425-Notes-from-the-West-23579 (free)

Auburn made a couple of offers out West to lineman Ronnie Stanley (Bishop Gorman, Las Vegas) and Zach Banner (Lakes, Wash.) last week. Both expressed an interest in the reigning champs, with Banner saying "Wow, that's big," of the offer. Stanley was at the UCLA spring game on Saturday.

Purebred Irishman
04-26-2011, 11:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4P8OXGffCY

Purebred Irishman
05-13-2011, 05:07 AM
http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/notre-dame-football-recruiting/4755-stanley-wants-to-be-the-best

To offensive lineman Ronnie Stanley (Las Vegas, Nev./ Bishop Gorman) football has always seem to come easy to him, even at a young age.

“I started playing football when I was about five years old,” said Stanley. “Even though it was new to me, I loved to play the game. The only difference from then and now is that I played wide receiver then.

“When I moved up to middle school, everything still seemed to go pretty well. I was doing a lot of stuff that would've been hard for other people fairly easily. Don't get me wrong, it took me a little to get used to at first, but once I got into it, everything just came naturally, but not without a lot of hard work.”

Little did the junior realize that when he would reach high school, he would be in for a rude awakening concerning the skill level of those players.

“High school actually was a really big step up for me,” said the Bishop Gorman star. “That first game was a very big wake-up call and I knew I had to pick it up if I wanted to be successful. That's when I really started focusing on what I had to do and from there, things started to get easier and easier.”

That's when the unbelievable happened for the 6-foot-6, 280-pound junior.

“I never really thought I would ever give a Division-I offer until I finally received one,” confessed Stanley. “We had a lot of Division-I recruits on our team at that time being recruited, and I had no idea that anyone was looking at me until I got that first offer from Utah.

“I was in absolute shock when I got that offer because I was never really expecting anything ever. After letting it sink in a bit, I realized that I could really work hard and get better and make this thing a whole lot bigger. That's when I realized I wanted to take it to the next level.”

How big could he get? Let's just say offers from Arizona, Arkansas, Auburn, California, Illinois, Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oregon, Oregon State, UCLA, USC, Utah and Washington for starts. Not bad for a kid who thought this would never be possible.

“Now that I look back on everything that's happening, I can't believe I'm considered one of the top recruits in my state,” he said. “I just thought I'd be an ordinary guy, but I guess all the hard work is paying off and I'm glad it is.”

Bishop Gorman head coach Tony Sanchez has definitely been a guiding light for the young prospect and has always been there with his words of wisdom to comfort the young star.

“In my football journey, I would have to say that my coach has been my biggest influence,” said the talented lineman. “He's really helped me out with recruiting because once it really started heating up, I didn't know what I should do. When I would talk to coaches on the phone, I wouldn’t know what to say because I was so nervous. Coach Sanchez's advice to me was to just relax and enjoy the process because it only happens once in your life.”

Sanchez will also be looking for Stanley to be a role model for his team and that's a task he's more than happy to accept.

“I'm looking forward to taking on the leadership role for my team this year,” claimed the Bishop Gorman product. “We only had one senior on our offense last year, so I kind of had a big leadership role last year already seeing that I was one of the returning starters.”

Even knowing he is considered one of the top linemen in the nation, Stanley isn’t content to stay stationary because he knows he can move up the ranks and possibly be the best.

“I take a lot of pride in my blocking because we put a lot of work into learning our techniques, blocks, steps and how we throw our hands,” he said. “I just want to keep getting better until I'm considered one of the best at my position. It might seem kind of arrogant, but I plan to keep on working until I'm at the point where I've accomplished what I want to accomplish, but I still have a long way to go.”

With different college coaches arriving every day in Las Vegas, the four-star prospect received a visit from Notre Dame last week, which he was definitely happy to see.

“Coach (Mike) Denbrock and Coach (Ed) Warinner stop by my school last week,” he said. “I really didn't get to talk to them, but they talked to my coach a lot. I had a lot of questions for them about Notre Dame that my coach asked for me, and I was very satisfied with the answers they gave him.”

Did that help the Irish in any way with Stanley?

“I don't really have a top five or top 10 because I'm considering all the schools, but Notre Dame is still a school I'm very interested in,” said the powerful lineman. “I love their tradition and I like the fact that they can choose who they want to play on their schedule when they want to. It's one of my top schools of choice right now, but I'm still wide open.”

zimmsbg78
05-18-2011, 11:12 AM
Miami has verbally offered.

Purebred Irishman
06-02-2011, 05:47 PM
http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/notre-dame-football-recruiting/4867-stanley-will-narrow-list-soon

Four-star offensive lineman Ronnie Stanley is definitely feeling the love from college recruiters around the nation. Sitting on over 20 offers from schools like Notre Dame, Arizona, Auburn, California, Florida, Miami, Nebraska, Oregon, UCLA, USC, Utah and Washington, the possibilities seem endless as to where he might end up when it's all said and done.

“Recruiting-wise everything seems to be going pretty well right now,” said Stanley. “All the schools that have offered me are showing me a lot of interest and have been sending me a lot of mail when they can't have contact with me.”

The 6-foot-6, 285-pound prospect from Las Vegas understands at some point he'll have to make that tough decision on where he plans to attend college and he's already started making plans on when he needs to cut down his choices.

“I'm planning on starting to narrow my list down sometime this month,” claimed Stanley. “I have over 20 offers right now and I plan on narrowing it down to 13 schools.”

One school that looks to be in good shape of making the lucky 13 is Notre Dame.

“From what I'm hearing, Notre Dame still likes me a lot and they really feel I can fit into their system,” said the Bishop Gorman lineman. “They really want me to make a visit there so that I can see it for myself.”

Not only have the Irish been recruiting Stanley, but they've also had their eye on Bishop Gorman’s starting running back also and both players will be making the trip to Fresno, Calif., later this week to showcase their talents.

“I'll be going to the same camp as Shaquille Powell this week,” said the Bishop Gorman star. “Not only will it be us, it will be our whole team going up to Fresno.”

What does Stanley think about his team's talented ball carrier?

“He always has a way of getting us out of some of the worst situations,” said Stanley about Powell. “I always have faith that something good will happen whenever the ball’s in his hands. Not only do I play with him, but I've also played against him and trust me, he's very hard to take down. One thing you'll learn about him is he'll always fight for that extra yard.”

With the talented lineman’s summer just getting ready to begin, a number of visits will be planned, and the Irish hope that South Bend will be one of those destinations.

“I'm really hoping that I can make a visit there this summer,” said the Nevada standout. “Even though I'd like that to happen, I'm not sure exactly when that would fit my schedule. We'll have to see.”

Purebred Irishman
06-16-2011, 02:56 AM
http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/notre-dame-football-recruiting/4936-nd-to-make-stanleys-cut

Even with Erik Magnuson and Kyle Dodson committing to different programs this past weekend, Notre Dame is still sitting quite well with a number of the nation’s top offensive linemen in the 2012 class, including Bishop Gorman's (Las Vegas) Ronnie Stanley.

Stanley is currently ranked 39th in the nation at his position by ESPN and received his verbal offer from the Irish back in early April. At the time of our last discussion a few weeks ago, Stanley was sitting on approximately 23 offers, but that number keeps growing.

“Even though its summertime, recruiting has still been going really well for me,” said the Bishop Gorman star. “I have about 30 offers right now and Florida State, Miami and Oklahoma are the newest schools to offer me recently.”

The talented trench warrior has been getting some much deserved recognition by a number of recruiting services around the nation and with that type of publicity comes a number of expectations.

“Being ranked by all of these recruiting sites definitely puts some pressure on me this year to perform,” said Stanley. “Now that I'm getting all this recognition it kind of feels like there's a target on my back, but I welcome the challenge. It just means I have to perform and be at my best at all times.”

The 6-foot-6, 285-pound tackle is in the process of eliminating schools to get his list to a more manageable number. He feels if he can do that, he can do his due diligence when researching each program.

“I haven't narrowed down my list yet, but I'm getting close to doing it,” claimed the four-star offensive lineman. “I plan on having it narrowed down in July to about 10 to 13 schools and I already know a few that are going to make that cut.

“Notre Dame is definitely one of those schools.”

With Stanley's deadline coming soon, a number of college recruiters have been hoping to get him on their campuses before he makes his decision, but it's starting to look as though only his top schools will receive visits once he's made his cuts.

“I don't believe I'll be doing any camps, but I am in the process of deciding what visits I'm going to take,” said the Nevada standout. “Right now, I'm just trying to figure out which places I want to visit and how much time I'll have to take those visits.”

With the Irish sounding like they will be one of those final schools, can they expect the Nevada prospect to be visiting South Bend soon?

“I'm still going to try to visit Notre Dame this year when I can,” said Stanley. “Right now, it's looking like it will be an official visit, but if I can, I'm going to try to make an unofficial one also.”

SouthernIrish
06-16-2011, 09:41 AM
Am i crazy or is it hard to believe a guy can be the 39th ranked guy at his position and still be a 4 star? seems like if you almost 40th at your position you're a mid 3-star.

ChicagoIrish
06-16-2011, 10:08 AM
he's ranked 17th among OTs on rivals and 14th on Scout and is a 4 star on both services. It seems like a really deep year for OT, which is great for us. Scout's 36th best OT is the last 4 star (last year the lowest 4 star was 29th). Rivals has 37 4 or 5 stars this year compared to 26 last year.

zimmsbg78
06-28-2011, 07:55 AM
Stanley plans to trim his list down to a top 10 to 13 teams in the next few weeks. He noted U$C, ND, FSU, Washington and Oregon as definitely making the initial cut.

zimmsbg78
08-04-2011, 11:38 AM
Stanley has scheduled his first OV to none other than the October 22nd ND/U$C night game.

IrishFan123
08-06-2011, 11:53 PM
Stanley plans to trim his list down to a top 10 to 13 teams in the next few weeks. He noted U$C, ND, FSU, Washington and Oregon as definitely making the initial cut.

Yup ND in his top 12

zimmsbg78
08-23-2011, 07:55 AM
Stanley has scheduled an OV to Arkansas for the Arkansas/Auburn game on October 8th.

zimmsbg78
08-26-2011, 11:15 AM
http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/premium-football-recruiting (free)

Notre Dame’s night game against USC in October is shaping up to be one of the biggest recruiting weekends ever. The Irish figure to host dozens of top prospects in the classes of 2012 and 2013.

One prospect already scheduled to be on campus is Ronnie Stanley (Las Vegas, Nev./Bishop Gorman) who is one of the top offensive tackles in the nation.

Stanley recently announced a list of his top 12 schools still in the running for his services. The list includes Washington, Vanderbilt, USC, UCLA, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Miami, Florida State, Auburn and Arizona along with Notre Dame and Arkansas.

The 6-foot-7, 285-pounder is excited to get his first look at the program.

“I can’t wait to get up there, and just see it in person,” he said. “I always hear how you have to see Notre Dame to understand, and a lot of people told me to check it out. I guess at first I didn’t know much about them, but the more I learn, the more interested I am.”
Stanley, who carries a 3.7 GPA is interested in Notre Dame for more than football.

“I really like the academics they offer, and if you get your degree the alumni is powerful and you can get a job almost anywhere nationwide,” he explained. “I also like the tradition and history of the program. I know they are getting it turned around, and they are looking to have a huge season.”

The Las Vegas standout is also excited about how he would fit on Notre Dame’s offensive line.

“Coach (Ed) Warinner has been telling me about how I would fit in and how I can make an impact early on if I chose to go there,” he explained. “I didn’t know about playing in the spread early on, but now I’ve looked at some things and I would be a great fit.”

The Nevada lineman has been in steady contact with the Notre Dame staff. Stanley has also developed a great relationship with Irish assistant coach Mike Denbrock.

“I talk with Coach Denbrock three times a week, and we talk about everything not just football,” he said. “I really trust him and Coach Warinner, they are both great guys, and I know I’ll be in good hands with them.”

The West Coast prospect only has one other official set-up aside from his trip to South Bend.

“I’m going to Arkansas for the Auburn game in October,” he said.

The coveted tackle would like to use all five of his official visits, but he doesn’t know which schools will get the last three.

“I’m still sorting through that and trying to get it figured out,” he explained.

Stanley said he doesn’t have a timeline to make a commitment, but he could if it feels right.

“I don’t know when I’ll commit, but if I’m on a visit and it feels right and I know that’s were I want to be then I’ll commit,” he said.

In the meantime the jumbo lineman is helping lead his Bishop Gorman squad. The Gaels pulled a big upset last week on national television over Chaparral (Ariz.) 42-22. This weekend Bishop Gorman has another game on ESPN2 against one of the top programs in the country Armwood Of Seffner, Florida.

“We’re just sending a message that we can play with anybody in the country,” he said. “I think this team can be a factor in the national picture.”

IrishFan123
10-12-2011, 07:22 AM
Postponed the USC game visit...

therizz
10-12-2011, 08:54 AM
I don't think that postponing is a good thing. We'll have to wait and see the final outcome here.

IrishFan123
10-18-2011, 01:07 PM
Stanley to Armstead

@ronnie_stanley: @arikarmstead i wish i could go to #NotreDame this weekend but i got homecoming fml

jbrown_9999
10-18-2011, 11:43 PM
Stanley to Armstead: @ronnie_stanley: @arikarmstead i wish i could go to #NotreDame this weekend but i got homecoming fml
I believe that 'fml' translates to 'f--k my life' so Stanley postponing might not be as negative as it might seem.

zimmsbg78
10-26-2011, 08:21 AM
Stanley will OV Nebraska this weekend for the Nebraska/MSU game. He still plans to OV ND sometime this season.

morrdave9
12-01-2011, 12:12 PM
Had an in-home with ND coaches this week and looks like he will take an OV for the Banquet next weekend.

zimmsbg78
12-02-2011, 07:44 AM
http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/premium-football-recruiting

Ronnie Stanley (Bishop Gorman/Las Vegas, Nev.) was scheduled to visit Notre Dame for the USC game in October, but some personal issues put the visit on hold.

The 6-foot-7, 290-pound offensive tackle was adamant after he missed his visit for the Southern Cal game that he’d still officially visit Notre Dame.

The Las Vegas product was unsure of when he’d officially visit Notre Dame, but after an in-home visit with Irish assistant Ed Warinner, Stanley has set a date to visit South Bend.

“I’ll officially visit Notre Dame for the football banquet on December 9th,” he said. “I’m really looking forward to the visit and finally getting a chance to see Notre Dame up close.”

The Bishop Gorman standout already knows what he’ll be looking for during his visit to South Bend.

Katzenboyer
12-10-2011, 09:47 PM
Rumble rumble rumble...

KamaraPolice
12-11-2011, 01:41 AM
Bishop Gorman is a good team; one of the best in the nation. They also traveled around and demolished top teams from other states too, including the best AZ had to offer.

Legacy
12-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Any follow up interest by the Irish in BG's RB, Shaquille Powell?

Rivals now ranks him as #6 APB after his >2000 yd, .12 yd per carry season. GPA 3.0. 40 Speed - 4.59

After firings at Illinois, Fresno St and ASU, he is "rethinking" his favorites and has a few top schools listed as of interest. Too much like Mahone?

lowayne
12-11-2011, 12:42 PM

Rivals now ranks him as #6 APB after his >2000 yd, .12 yd per carry season. GPA 3.0. 40 Speed - 4.59

After firings at Illinois, Fresno St and ASU, he is "rethinking" his favorites and has a few top schools listed as of interest. Too much like Mahone?

Mahone is in the true RB mold. Already at 211 lbs according to Rivals.

publicola
12-11-2011, 02:36 PM
no commitment, apparently

IrishinTN
12-11-2011, 03:10 PM
No, because that would make us Auburn.

grokster
12-11-2011, 05:58 PM

Powell committed to Duke today according to Scout

marv81s
12-11-2011, 11:49 PM
suck it up

still have a long way to go

CincyDamer
12-11-2011, 11:51 PM
suck it up

still have a long way to go
Agreed. This staff proved last yr that it's going to fight until the end. Not expecting a close like last yr but wouldn't doubt a couple new names and a strong close

pmarrack
12-12-2011, 12:11 AM
72 days

Why does it matter so very much to you at what point in the cycle our recruits commit? Are you worried the NCAA might suddenly yell, "Ha! Fooled you! You don't really have until February 1st to commit! It's all over right now!"

marv81s
12-12-2011, 12:27 AM
72 days

you do realize that at this point last year we had 17 verbals, which is only 2 more than ND has right now. and 1 other thing, what difference does it really make if a verbal happens now or 1 month ago. All that maters is that signed LOI.

This staff knows how to close and I like ND's chances with some high profile recruits. If it really stresses you and/or depresses you that much, than check back on NSD

IrishFan123
12-12-2011, 07:55 PM
72 days

Hearing that may end by the end of the week when the coaches visit to seal the deal

lowayne
12-12-2011, 10:33 PM
Seal the deal with Stanley? I sure hope you're right my man. I'd love to be able to shave this week. 73 days now.

Post pictures of the beard! *insert emoticon smiley with a beard*

DublinIrish
12-14-2011, 04:40 PM
denbrook is visiting him tomorrow, alot of buzz online that he might commit to ND..

rikrok58
12-14-2011, 07:04 PM
revolver looks like House after not shaving for ~75 days :nanana:

IrishinTN
12-14-2011, 07:09 PM
Has to grow a beard because he doesnt have a hair on his ass...ba dum dum. Thanks folks, i'll be here all week.

Shamrock1221
12-14-2011, 07:24 PM
Has to grow a beard because he doesnt have a hair on his ass...ba dum dum. Thanks folks, i'll be here all week.

hahahaha damn Revolver you do look like a damn serial killer with that beard. I hope we get a commit soon before you take out some old lady at the gas station!

notredomer23
12-14-2011, 09:04 PM
NSIAP but possibly announcing on friday

morrdave9
12-15-2011, 07:34 AM
Announcing today at 5pm eastern. I'd get your scissors and razor ready Rev.

Purebred Irishman
12-15-2011, 08:39 AM

Scout.com: 4-star OT Stanley Set to Announce (http://notredame.scout.com/2/1139135.html)

Bishop Gorman High (Las Vegas) four-star offensive tackle Ronnie Stanley will make his college choice during a ceremony at his school Thursday. He made an official visit to Notre Dame over the weekend, and has the Irish in his final three with Nebraska and Arkansas.

Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas) four-star offensive lineman Ronnie Stanley will make his college announcement at his school Thursday.
He is expected to chose from Notre Dame, Arkansas and Nebraska.

"I am committing to a school (Thursday) during the day at Bishop Gorman," Stanley wrote on Facebook. "I won't know what time until (Thursday) morning but most likely around 2 p.m. Hope to see everyone there."

He texted Scout.com to say it is looking more likely he will do it at 2 p.m. PST, but it won't be finalized until the morning.

The 6-foot-6, 286-pound Stanley, who is the 14th-rated offensive tackle in Scout.com's class, visited Notre Dame over the weekend.

In breaking down each school, he mentioned the first thing that came to mind about each school in an interview with Scout.com's Inna Lazarev earlier this week.

Arkansas: “Game day atmosphere.”

Nebraska: “I really like the coaching staff.”

Notre Dame: “The tradition.”

The announcement was set with Stanley having an in-home visit with Notre Dame set for Thursday night.

IrishFan123
12-15-2011, 08:49 AM

Ya Rev hope my prediction comes true for ya

NotreDameNate
12-15-2011, 09:47 AM
You and I both hope! 75 days is a long time. Think about it, we're getting to 'Around the world in 80 days' territory here.

I'm thinking about filming a cutting and shaving ceremony if and when we get a commit.

I'd also like to see if there is a way to be able to research when the last time we had a dry spell this long was.....if ever?

No trim 'till we reel one in!

Rev... we don't have 8 hours to be able to watch you trim that damn thing. You will have to do some serious editing to even get it in the 2 hour range. :3d:

On a serious note... what prompted you to not shave again until our next commit?

IrishCrasher
12-15-2011, 10:12 AM
Scout.com: 4-star OT Stanley Set to Announce (http://notredame.scout.com/2/1139135.html)

Bishop Gorman High (Las Vegas) four-star offensive tackle Ronnie Stanley will make his college choice during a ceremony at his school Thursday. He made an official visit to Notre Dame over the weekend, and has the Irish in his final three with Nebraska and Arkansas.

Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas) four-star offensive lineman Ronnie Stanley will make his college announcement at his school Thursday.

"I am committing to a school (Thursday) during the day at Bishop Gorman," Stanley wrote on Facebook. "I won't know what time until (Thursday) morning but most likely around 2 p.m. Hope to see everyone there."

He texted Scout.com to say it is looking more likely he will do it at 2 p.m. PST, but it won't be finalized until the morning.

The 6-foot-6, 286-pound Stanley, who is the 14th-rated offensive tackle in Scout.com's class, visited Notre Dame over the weekend.

In breaking down each school, he mentioned the first thing that came to mind about each school in an interview with Scout.com's Inna Lazarev earlier this week.

The announcement was set with Stanley having an in-home visit with Notre Dame set for Thursday night.

He is commiting to a school. Arkansas is game day atmosphere, not a school, Nebraska is coaching staff, not the school. ND tradition...... That is Football & school.

JDriveSthND
12-15-2011, 10:53 AM
Interesting that the Coaches have an in-home visit with Stanley tonight after he makes his decision. I'm hoping that's a good thing for us and that they're essentially meeting to discuss the next steps in the process, i.e. signing day, possible early enrollment, etc.

FootballFlash
12-15-2011, 10:57 AM
Rev....I've still got some gas in my weed wacker, maybe that would help speed things up?????

DublinIrish
12-15-2011, 11:04 AM
Interesting that the Coaches have an in-home visit with Stanley tonight after he makes his decision. I'm hoping that's a good thing for us and that they're essentially meeting to discuss the next steps in the process, i.e. signing day, possible early enrollment, etc.

is it definitely in the evening?

JDriveSthND
12-15-2011, 11:23 AM

irishunclebill
12-15-2011, 11:30 AM

In triplicate.

lowayne
12-15-2011, 12:09 PM

Scout.com: 4-star OT Stanley Set to Announce

In reverse.

JDriveSthND
12-15-2011, 12:53 PM
Hey, DublinIrish asked. I answered.

stew654
12-15-2011, 05:06 PM
Irish!

irishunclebill
12-15-2011, 05:07 PM
raybrewer21 Raymond Brewer
It is official #NotreDame. Fittingly thanks God, his mom, ect. Nice kid. Very well thought out

irishunclebill
raybrewer21 Raymond Brewer
LeBron decided to take his talents, I'm taking my to South Bend, Indiana #NotreDame

stew654
Las Vegas offensive tackle Ronnie Stanley was one of the nine official visitors in South Bend last weekend and it didn't take long for the buzz to generate that the Irish had moved themselves into a strong position to land his services.

Four-star OT Ronnie Stanley (No. 79) helped lead Bishop Gorman to its third straight state title in the the 2011 season.

While the early word was that the 6-6, 285-pound Bishop Gorman player may have even given his commitment to the Notre Dame coaching staff before leaving campus, he decided to go home and give it a little time to see if the emotions of the trip would remain and he could go public with his thoughts. He waited four days, to be exact.

Stanley confirmed with BlueandGold.com on Wednesday night that he was prepared to let his decision be known at approximately 2 p.m. PST today and he would announce his decision during a press conference at his school. He added that instead of the list of five finalists that he had prior to taking the trip to campus, he would choose from Arkansas, Nebraska and Notre Dame, which were his three official visits.

"It was a really good trip," the 247Sports four-star recruit, No. 14 offensive tackle nationally, top player in Nevada and the country's No. 121 overall prospect, who was hosted by freshman receiver DaVaris Daniels, told 247Sports national reporter Justin Hopkins after leaving South Bend. "Notre Dame looks a lot like my high school. That was pretty comforting and made it seem like I was at home even though I was across the country. They had a nice campus and even though it was cold I was still able to see how beautiful it was.

"(Notre Dame) definitely moved up my list. I don't want to say they're on top, but they're up there."

Irish head coach Brian Kelly was able to express his thoughts about adding a player like Stanley to the roster during their one-on-one meeting this past weekend.

"He just let me know they really want me to be a part of the class," Stanley shared. "He was also letting me know how important his players are to him and how he is trying to build a program, not just win games."

The two teams that were no longer in the mix were Florida State and Washington, but at that point BlueandGold.com confirmed Thursday morning that the list really only had one program left – Notre Dame.

Stanley stood in front of a proud audience and let them in on the details of his intentions to play for the Irish.

Stanley is rated as the nation's No. 121 overall player.

"He's an outstanding young man," Bishop Gorman athletics director Sally Nieman told BlueandGold.com on the morning of Stanley's announcement. "He comes from a great family. He's very involved in the school and the community. A school is getting the whole package. He's really an outstanding student-athlete."

The term student-athlete, emphasis on student coming first, is one of the important traits about a prospective player when Notre Dame evaluates its recruits. With the Irish coaching staff set to play Stanley a visit at his school today and the timing of the announcement, Nieman had her suspicions, as well as much of Notre Dame nation, of where the touted lineman was headed.

"That certainly would be the indication," she commented of the Irish looking to be the top choice. "Whatever Ronnie decides will be best for him and his family, and there wouldn't be any arguments about him taking his talents to Notre Dame."

While the recruiting process can be a great experience, it can also make for quite an enduring one this time of year when you factor in the coach visits, final exams, winter sport schedule, official visits, etc. Stanley has taken a mature approach to his recruitment and has handled it well with the strong support group he has around him.

"There's been a lot of that, but he's a very focused young man," Nieman said of the dual-sport athlete. "He has transitioned to basketball well and has maintained his ability to be a great teammate and kid. He's handling it all very well and his parents have done a great job of guiding him."

Stanley led his team to an impressive 15-1 season that ended with a NIAA 4A state championship for the third consecutive season.

He's the 16th verbal commitment of the 2012 recruiting class and the third along the offensive line, the others being Taylor Decker of Vandalia, Ohio, and Mark Harrell of Charlotte, N.C. The last verbal commitment for the Irish was running back William Mahone of Youngstown, Ohio, on Sept. 30.

Aside from the impressive athletic traits that Stanley adds to the gridiron and the hardwood, Nieman feels he brings just as much to the table off of the field.

"Anytime you have an outstanding dual athlete like Ronnie's it's really something to be valued and appreciated," she said. "He has worked so hard and deserves everything that is coming his way. He has been a great example for our younger players that are aspiring to accomplish the same dreams."

Four-star OT Ronnie Stanley verbally commits to Notre Dame (http://notredame.247sports.com/Article/Four-star-OT-Ronnie-Stanley-verbally-commits-to-Notre-Dame-53160)

notredomer23
12-15-2011, 05:12 PM
Numa Numa?

IrishGrizz
12-15-2011, 05:22 PM
Alright Rev,

Commence the shaving ceremony!

irishunclebill
12-15-2011, 05:24 PM
IrishIllustrated.com - Irish score Stanley (http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1307526) Freebie

December 15, 2011

Irish score Stanley

Pete Sampson
IrishIllustrated.com Editor

On Thursday in an announcement at Bishop Gorman High School in Las Vegas, Nev., four-star offensive tackle Ronnie Stanley committed to Notre Dame over finalists Arkansas and Nebraska. The pledge is the first for the Irish since Sept. 30 when running back Will Mahone came aboard.

Notre Dame offensive line coach Ed Warinner is expected to do an in-home visit today with the 6-foot-7, 285-pound athlete who also held offers from USC, Oregon, Florida and Florida State.

Stanley is the third offensive lineman to come aboard in Notre Dame's class, joining tackles Taylor Decker and Mark Harrell, although the North Carolina product is expected to shift to center in South Bend.

The Stanley pledge won't close Notre Dame's recruiting on the line but it moves the Irish closer to that end. Josh Garnett remains the prospect most in play, the Under Armour All-American having just completed his own official visit to Notre Dame. Garnett and Stanley appear to have connected on the trip as the pair interacted over Twitter all week, including Garnett's prediction that whomever landed Stanley was "gaining a first round draft pick today!"

The commitment may give Notre Dame a toehold into Bishop Gorman, which has been one of the Pac-12 region's most consistent in producing BCS conference talent. In the past five cycles the high school has developed signees for USC, Washington, Arizona, Arizona State, Cal, Stanford, Oregon and Miami.

That group doesn't include a couple elite prospects last decade in four-star running back DeMarco Murray and five-star linebacker Ryan Reynolds. Both signed with Oklahoma.

Gorman has had at least one four-star prospect in four straight recruiting cycles with Stanley the latest elite talent to emerge from the Las Vegas program. But he's the first to commit to Notre Dame.

NDisNCin2010
12-15-2011, 05:50 PM
are the last 3 paragraphs of sampsons article even necessary? pete-article shold be about stanley to ND not about nd never getting any prospects out of gorman the last 5 yrs...

grokster
12-15-2011, 06:00 PM
They wouldn't accept his article unless it had at least 250 words in it. Content not that important! :-)

IrishGrizz
12-15-2011, 06:25 PM
Stanley is the third offensive lineman to come aboard in Notre Dame's class, joining tackles Taylor Decker and Mark Harrell, although the North Carolina product is expected to shift to center in South Bend.

He will be pretty tall/long for a center. If this is the staffs intent, that tells me he muct be extremely athletic. Makes this even better for a pickup.

IrishFan123
12-15-2011, 06:45 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/c97BVch3nvc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IrishinTN
12-15-2011, 06:52 PM
Great kid! Awesome pick up. Welcome Ronnie!

NDGirlzRock
12-15-2011, 07:00 PM
Awesome young man!!! I loved all of the props given to mom for his clean clothes and whatnot!!! Welcome aboard!!!

jbrown_9999
12-15-2011, 07:08 PM
are the last 3 paragraphs of sampsons article even necessary? pete-article shold be about stanley to ND not about nd never getting any prospects out of gorman the last 5 yrs...

I found those paragraphs worthwhile. I took his point to actually be a positive one in that by Stanley selecting ND, the Irish might be able to establish a beachhead for future recruiting at a school that has a history of producing 4 star talent but that ND has not successfully recruited from before now.

daytonirish
12-15-2011, 08:08 PM
Glad he is on board.

IrishCrasher
12-15-2011, 08:36 PM
That helps the OL tremendously!

step30044
12-15-2011, 09:02 PM
Numa Numa

ChicagoIrish
12-15-2011, 10:38 PM

He will be pretty tall/long for a center. If this is the staffs intent, that tells me he muct be extremely athletic. Makes this even better for a pickup.

That sentence is horribly confusing without the benefit of context. Harrell may be shifting to center, not Stanley. Harrell is from NC and he's a few inches shorter than Stanley and he recently had our coaches visit him to discuss practicing snaps.

pegorms7
12-16-2011, 12:17 AM
Wwlcome Ronnie!

NDgrandson
12-16-2011, 04:03 AM
Nice. Hopefully we get some momentum going.

Purebred Irishman
12-16-2011, 04:52 AM
Welcome to the ND family Ronnie. He seems a really great kid

mlcspinner
12-16-2011, 06:42 AM
great news ! Welcome to ND's OL

NotreDameNate
12-16-2011, 10:26 AM
Welcome aboard young man!

Hopefully this opens up the flood gates a touch. Come on NSD!

NDIRISH44
12-16-2011, 10:30 AM
Gives me a pep in my step seeing another high quality kid verbal to the Irish. Welcome aboard Ronnie!

DublinIrish
12-16-2011, 11:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c97BVch3nvc

IrishFan123
12-16-2011, 04:43 PM
Ronnie Stanley committing to Notre Dame! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c97BVch3nvc)

Great post...I thought the same thing in post 70

daytonirish
12-16-2011, 04:59 PM
Great post...I thought the same thing in post 70

Maybe he has you on his ignore list or didn't see your post.

IrishFan123
12-16-2011, 06:10 PM
Maybe he has you on his ignore list or didn't see your post.

Oh ok cool. I didn't know you can ignore people. How do you do it? What's your name again....

KamaraPolice
12-16-2011, 06:39 PM
Oh ok cool. I didn't know you can ignore people. How do you do it? What's your name again....

Oh haha!! I wonder what dayton was saying now. Most of us have him on ignore too.

HoffVir
06-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Freshman Focus: Ronnie Stanley
Keith Arnold Jun 6, 2012, 4:45 PM EDT

(The fifth in a multi-part series profiling select members of the incoming class of 2012. For more, see wide receiver Chris Brown, safety Elijah Shumate, defensive lineman Jarron Jones, and wide receiver Davonte Neal.)

http://nbcirish.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/ronnie-stanley.jpg?w=204

Most of the attention was heaped on the lineman that got away. While three-star recruit Taylor Decker walked away from his commitment to the Irish to join former offensive line coach Ed Warinner and area recruiter Tim Hinton in Columbus with Urban Meyer, Notre Dame held on to offensive tackle Ronnie Stanley out of Las Vegas powerhouse Bishop Gorman high school. At the time, Irish fans were happy, but still more worried about the offensive tackle that wouldn’t end up in South Bend.

Stanley’s commitment was a welcome one. The Irish not just added a second offensive lineman to the class (joining guard Mark Harrell), but pulling Stanley from one of the West Coast’s premiere football programs — and a school that’s never sent a player to Notre Dame — was an especially impressive grab, particularly at a position where there won’t be a ton of depth in 2012 or 2013.

Let’s take a closer look at the 6-foot-6, 285-pound tackle prospect.

The Skinny: There’s a ton to like about Stanley, a guy Brian Kelly called one of the most “gifted offensive linemen that we have seen in many years.” Offers from Auburn, Arkansas, Florida, Florida State, Miami, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Oregon, UCLA, USC, and Washington all seem to confirm that evaluation. Athletically, Stanley stars at center for one of Nevada’s top prep teams. On the field, he’s looks the part of a bulldozing left tackle, adept at pulling in the run game and in pass protecting. We’ll see how easy it is for him when he’s matched up against players closer to his size, but there’s a ton to like about the Nevada State Player of the Year.

How ready is he? Athletically, he’s probably there. From a strength point of view, probably not very close. Stanley’s MaxPreps basketball profile lists him at 6-foot-7, 270 pounds, giving him plenty of room to grow into his impressive frame.

Best Case Scenario: The offensive line solidifies the right side with Christian Lombard and Tate Nichols while Stanley gets to be best friends with Paul Longo and his strength staff. There’s no reason to rush Stanley onto the field, and the year watching lets Stanley force his way into the tackle conversation next spring.

Worst Case Scenario: Thanks to some nice work solidifying the roster over the past 3-4 recruiting classes, the worst case scenario would probably be forcing Stanley onto the field. The Irish were forced to do that in 2007 and it certainly didn’t help any of the offensive linemen.

What should make people happy? Hearing occasional good things about Stanley on the scout team while he grows behind the scenes into a mauling left tackle that could potentially replace Zack Martin. There’s no reason Stanley should see the field before he’s ready. It also doesn’t make sense to use a year of eligibility in ’12 unless the Irish can really help it.

How badly do the Irish need him? There’s not a ton of short-term need for Stanley to see the field (thankfully), but he’s a key piece to the long-term puzzle. With Zack Martin becoming more and more recognized as one of the country’s premiere tackles, the depth chart ahead of Stanley could lose depth rather quickly. Getting two linemen in before the monster class of ’13 was important.

One tidbit for the road: How important is it for the Irish to get in at Bishop Gorman? Consider they’ll have over a dozen alums playing D-1 football next year, it’s mighty important. Las Vegas might turn out to be a friendly outpost for Notre Dame sometime soon.

http://irish.nbcsports.com/2012/06/06/freshman-focus-ronnie-stanley/

HoffVir
06-12-2012, 09:37 AM
Stanley Set To Start
TUESDAY, 12 JUNE 2012 06:13 TRENT ADAMS

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/images/resized/images/stories/2012_recruits/ronniestanleydb_200_200.jpg

When Ronnie Stanley started his recruitment over a year ago, Notre Dame wasn't one of the schools he knew much about.

The 6-foot-7, 290-pound offensive tackle from Las Vegas was always interested in Notre Dame, but he didn't realize how much until an official visit to South Bend in December.

"I always like Notre Dame, but my official visit really opened my eyes," he said. "I fell in love with the place and almost committed during my visit, but I held off because I knew I needed to think things over. Once I got back home, I realized that Notre Dame was the place for me."

Now Stanley is just days away from arriving in South Bend to start the next phase of his life in college.

"I graduated just over a week ago and now it's time to get things rolling in college," Stanley said. "I'll arrive at Notre Dame on June 14th and classes start on June 17th, so it gives me a couple of days to get adjusted. I'm really excited to get started and show the coaches what I've got."

The Nevada native has spent the last four months following Notre Dame's strength and conditioning program and he believes the regime has gotten him ready for the rigors of BCS-level college football.

"The program has definitely helped me get stronger and I'm doing more reps than I ever did before," he explained. "We had an advanced lifting program in high school, but this one has a lot of different lifts I hadn't done before. I think it's definitely got me ready to compete in camp this August."

Stanley has also remained in contact with offensive line coach Harry Hiestand and the two have built a solid relationship.

"I've only met Coach Hiestand once, but we've remained in contact on a regular basis," he said. "He seems like a great coach and he has a lot of experience even in the NFL, so I'm hoping to learn a lot from him."

Stanley will wear the No. 79 while in South Bend, the same number he wore at Bishop Gorman and he will room with the other offensive line prospect in the 2012 class Mark Harrell.

"I got to know Mark at the Semper Fi All-American Bowl and we've been in contact ever since," he shared. "We're both excited to be roommates and we are going to push and lean on each other to be the best. Mark and I were the only two linemen in the class and we need to be ready to contribute immediately."

Before Stanley reports to Notre Dame later this week, he plans to spend as much time as possible with those closest to him.

"I'm going to spend as much time as possible with my family and friends before I head out to Indiana," said Stanley. "I'll be packing and saying my goodbyes, but it feels good to start this next chapter of my life."

The Irish coaching staff has also left the possibility of playing basketball open.

"The coaches said if I do play basketball, I'll be treated like I was on scholarship for the basketball team," he explained. "I'm not sure how all of that will play out, but we'll see when the time comes. I'll probably decide sometime before football season or slightly after."

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/notre-dame-football-recruiting/7136-stanley-set-to-start

HoffVir
12-20-2012, 04:19 PM
I've forgotten to do this the last couple days, but just note for the file; Ronnie "somehow" had season ending surgery and thus will be eligible for a 5th year in 2016.

untitledproject
12-20-2012, 04:53 PM
I've forgotten to do this the last couple days, but just note for the file; Ronnie "somehow" had season ending surgery and thus will be eligible for a 5th year in 2016.

this goes back to BK and Jacko knowing how to work the system. BK learned everything he needed to know with that Mauk situation.

Its about the only way we can compete with all the oversigners

irishunclebill
12-20-2012, 05:13 PM

This goes back to another question on losing Freshman eligibility but since Stanley only appeared in 2 games, and the 2nd and final appearance was in Game 4 wouldn't he be eligible for a 5th year regardless of any surgery.

HoffVir
12-20-2012, 06:19 PM
This goes back to another question on losing Freshman eligibility but since Stanley only appeared in 2 games, and the 2nd and final appearance was in Game 4 wouldn't he be eligible for a 5th year regardless of any surgery.

I thought I heard Sampson and Prister mention Stanley could keep a 5th year if he "suffered" an injury. I (and they) could be wrong though.

lowayne
12-20-2012, 06:49 PM
I thought I heard Sampson and Prister mention Stanley could keep a 5th year if he "suffered" an injury. I (and they) could be wrong though.

I thought this was clean up on something that was bothering him before the season.

jbrown_9999
12-20-2012, 07:03 PM

Without an injury, if you play a single play, even just the opening kickoff of the season opener, you lose a year. An "injury" lets you claim a medical red-shirt but only if you do not play past the fourth game.

stonebreakerwasgod
12-20-2012, 08:03 PM
Getting back to Uncle Bill's Tweezers...I could really use a super sized toenail clipper. Or a machete.

irishunclebill
12-21-2012, 12:03 AM
Without an injury, if you play a single play, even just the opening kickoff of the season opener, you lose a year. An "injury" lets you claim a medical red-shirt but only if you do not play past the fourth game.

Thanks for clearing that up. So does that mean he could have played in all of the first 4 games and still not lose his eligibility as long he has an injury. I assume you are putting injury in quotes because basically anything that is documented as a Freshman year injury will be accepted by the NCAA as long as you don't play after game 4.

irishunclebill
12-21-2012, 12:05 AM
Getting back to Uncle Bill's Tweezers...I could really use a super sized toenail clipper. Or a machete.

Try taking a shower once in awhile to soften those things up. KA???!

No I didn't go there, I'm not paying any royalties.

jbrown_9999
12-21-2012, 12:20 AM
Thanks for clearing that up. So does that mean he could have played in all of the first 4 games and still not lose his eligibility as long he has an injury. I assume you are putting injury in quotes because basically anything that is documented as a Freshman year injury will be accepted by the NCAA as long as you don't play after game 4.

As I understand it, as long as it is a documented injury, the NCAA will rubber stamp it. Slaughter's issue (as I understand it) is that he is attempting to claim that he did not play his freshman year due to a pre-existing injury which is not as black and white, especially since he is applying for a sixth year waiver.

Purebred Irishman
12-21-2012, 04:41 AM
As I understand it, as long as it is a documented injury, the NCAA will rubber stamp it. Slaughter's issue (as I understand it) is that he is attempting to claim that he did not play his freshman year due to a pre-existing injury which is not as black and white, especially since he is applying for a sixth year waiver.

Thanks for clearing that up because I was of the opinion that once you played at any stage during the season you lost your year. Way to work the system BK.

stonebreakerwasgod
12-21-2012, 07:22 AM
Got a great feeling he and Day are gonna be monsters Great thing about the young guys is that at most positions, there are great role models and leaders who can pass the torch of excellence.
Right Guard notwithstanding.

HoffVir
08-19-2013, 07:11 PM
http://vimeo.com/72558372

Purebred Irishman
09-26-2013, 06:53 AM
http://notredame.247sports.com/Article/Stanley-In-The-Right-Place-For-ND-151543

A hip pointer knocked sophomore right tackle Ronnie Stanley out of Saturday’s 17-13 win over Michigan State, but it didn’t keep him out.

On a Tommy Rees interception that was called back due to a Spartan pass interference, Stanley endured a big hit that knocked him to the ground. He came off the field with an injury as trainers tended to him, but returned after missing just one play. A few plays later, junior running back Cam McDaniel breezed into the end zone for the Irish’s game-winning score.

“He's been solid,” Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly said. “He's a young kid, new experience, a rugged schedule in September against three Big Ten opponents … He hasn't gotten an easy baptism into playing offensive tackle in the first month. He could have used a couple of easy ones along the way. But it's been a great learning experience.

“I'm proud of the way he's battled in the first month of the season.”

Stanley agreed that he’s proud of his performance through a daunting September schedule.

“I personally feel more in place and just more confident overall now,” Stanley said. “Every game is different, so I just have to be on my toes every game. You can’t get too comfortable.”

Stanley compared the play to one in high school when he dislocated his elbow, was taken to a hospital and returned to play in the second half.

“That’s just the competitive spirit I have,” Stanley said. “I want to be in the game, especially a close game like that. That game was too close for me to just sit and watch when I know I can help my team.”

Kelly said it was a difficult transition for Stanley last year as a freshman not playing for the first time in his life. It did, however, help the Las Vegas native acclimate to life at Notre Dame — and in the South Bend climate.

“I think not playing last year was a tough transition for him and I think it is for most kids, but I think it was beneficial for him to really get comfortable here at Notre Dame,” Kelly said. “You know, he went to a school that has so many similarities to Notre Dame that I think that helped him with the transition, as well.”

“It gets a little overwhelming sometimes but you just have to walk in and do what you have to do,” Stanley said. “That’s one of the reasons I came here.”

Heading into Saturday’s clash with Oklahoma, Notre Dame is 3-1 but struggling with the nation’s 100th-ranked rushing attack while allowing only three sacks in the passing game.

“I wouldn’t say it’s more frustrating, we just have to work on the things that we’re not good at right now and that’s what we’ve been doing and it’s helping us get to where we should be,” Stanley said.

One point of pride for the right side of the offensive line — a duo that includes senior guard Christian Lombard — came with McDaniel’s game-winning touchdown that included sealing blocks by Lombard and Stanley.

“That was a pretty well-blocked running play throughout: tight ends, wide receivers,” Stanley said. “That was a great play.”

Purebred Irishman
09-26-2013, 07:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFO1NNdIlo4

Purebred Irishman
08-10-2014, 03:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgqtdQUMsIQ&list=UUE4eowdQYjxFuDSlnsan94Q

Purebred Irishman
09-04-2014, 03:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-Wx9JmIJgA&list=UUE4eowdQYjxFuDSlnsan94Q

IrishCrasher
01-13-2015, 05:44 PM
Will return for 2015. Great to have him back for another year. He will go top 15 picks in 2016 draft.

HoffVir
01-13-2015, 06:46 PM
Ronnie Stanley To Return For Senior Year At Notre Dame
Stanley, Notre Dame's Offensive Lineman of the Year in 2014, started all 13 games this past season at left offensive tackle.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/nd/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/10686435.jpeg
Ronnie Stanley

http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/nd/graphics/spacer.gif

Jan. 13, 2015NOTRE DAME, Ind. - University of Notre Dame junior offensive lineman Ronnie Stanley (http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/ronnie_stanley_812493.html) (Las Vegas, Nevada/Bishop Gorman High School) announced today he will remain at Notre Dame for his senior year and not enter the 2015 NFL Draft.

"This was a difficult decision," Stanley said. "My dream isn't just to play in the National Football League. I want to win a national championship. I've waited to this point so I could watch the actual game and see if I felt any emotion, and I felt a great deal. I am a competitor. I want to play on the top stage so I've decided that I'm returning to Notre Dame for my senior year.

"We've got a chance to have a special season next year. Many of my teammates are returning and I've made strong bonds with lots of them. If all of them weren't coming back this year it would've made it an easier decision to leave. All this, the opportunity to graduate, and much more, led to my decision to stay."

"Ronnie has developed into a premier offensive lineman," head coach Brian Kelly (http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/brian_kelly_544185.html) said. "With another year at the position, and gaining more knowledge under the outstanding coaching of Harry Hiestand (http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/harry_hiestand_792671.html), Ronnie could be the best tackle in all of college football.

"I know this decision wasn't an easy one for him, but, as his coach, I'm proud of the manner in which he handled it. He's matured so much since he first arrived on campus, and this is just another example. Ronnie now has a chance to leave Notre Dame as both a graduate and first-round NFL pick."
Stanley, Notre Dame's Offensive Lineman of the Year in 2014, started all 13 games this past season at left offensive tackle. He replaced four-year starter, first-round National Football League draft pick and Dallas Cowboys' All-Pro Zack Martin (http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/zack_martin_640385.html) - who also bypassed the NFL Draft to return for a final season with the Irish in 2013. Stanley was the first Notre Dame player other than Martin to start at left offensive tackle since Oct. 16, 2010, and the 6-5.5, 315-pounder barely missed a beat.

Stanley recorded 16 knockdown blocks and yielded just one sack - the fewest of any Irish offensive lineman. He faced some of the top defensive linemen in the country, including Michigan's Frank Clark, Arizona State's Marcus Hardison, Louisville's Sheldon Rankins and Lorenzo Mauldin, Stanford's Henry Anderson, USC's Leonard Williams and LSU's Daniel Hunter. That group of seven players combined for 92.5 tackles for loss and 46 sacks on the curse of the 2014 season but managed just six tackles for loss and two sacks in their outings against the Irish.

Stanley was on full display in Notre Dame's 31-28 victory over No. 22 LSU in the 2014 Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl. The Irish held LSU without a sack, rushed for 263 yards, recorded 449 total yards and scored 31 points. Only Auburn and Mississippi State (both 268) ran for more yards against the Tigers this past season. The 31 points scored by Notre Dame tied for the most against LSU by a non-conference foe since Texas scored 35 in the 2003 Cotton Bowl.

Stanley has started 26 consecutive games for Notre Dame dating back to the start of the 2013 campaign. He started all 13 games at right offensive tackle as a sophomore. He was part of an offensive line that allowed just eight sacks and ranked second in the NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision in fewest sacks allowed.

On pace to graduate in May 2016, Staley is majoring in management-consulting in Notre Dame's prestigious Mendoza College of Business - the five-time reigning No. 1 undergraduate business school in the nation according to Bloomberg BusinessWeek.

Stanley could find himself near the top of most 2016 NFL Draft boards ¬- a spot rather familiar to Irish players at his position.

Stanley could become the 14th different offensive lineman in school history to be taken in the first round of the NFL Draft - a list that already includes Frank Szymanski (sixth overall by the Detroit Lions in 1945),George Connor (http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/george_connor_135541.html) (fifth overall by the New York Giants in 1946), Bill Fischer (10th overall by the Chicago Cardinals in 1949), Art Hunter (http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/art_hunter_136045.html) (third overall by the Green Bay Packers in 1954), Frank Varrichione (sixth overall by the Pittsburgh Steelers in 1955), Paul Seiler (12th overall by the New York Jets in 1967), Tom Regner (http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/tom_regner_111751.html) (23rd overall by the Houston Oilers in 1967), George Kunz (http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/george_kunz_135907.html) (second overall by the Atlanta Falcons in 1969), Andy Heck (15th overall by the Seattle Seahawks in 1989), Aaron Taylor (http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/aaron_taylor_137349.html) (16th overall by the Green Bay Packers in 1994), Luke Petitgout (19th overall by the New York Giants in 1999), Jeff Faine (http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jeff_faine_6972.html) (21st overall by the Cleveland Browns in 2003) and Martin (16th overall by the Dallas Cowboys in 2014).

http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/011315aaa.html

LOVEMYIRISH
01-14-2015, 12:03 AM
Great news!!!

njuneardave
01-14-2015, 12:09 AM
6* indeed, hoff.

NotreDameNate
01-15-2015, 12:05 AM
This is great! Boy we have a lot of experience and talent for next year.

IrishCrasher
01-15-2015, 02:14 AM
How impressive is this paragraph? Thanks for sharing Hoff.

Stanley recorded 16 knockdown blocks and yielded just one sack - the fewest of any Irish offensive lineman. He faced some of the top defensive linemen in the country, including Michigan's Frank Clark, Arizona State's Marcus Hardison, Louisville's Sheldon Rankins and Lorenzo Mauldin, Stanford's Henry Anderson, USC's Leonard Williams and LSU's Daniel Hunter. That group of seven players combined for 92.5 tackles for loss and 46 sacks on the curse of the 2014 season but managed just six tackles for loss and two sacks in their outings against the Irish.

NotreDameNate
01-15-2015, 02:46 PM
Wow! That's put shit in perspective real quick!

HoffVir
12-21-2015, 09:21 PM
Irish Illustrated ‏@PeteSampson_ (https://twitter.com/PeteSampson_) 6h6 hours ago (https://twitter.com/PeteSampson_/status/679037336894709760)
From the no surprise department: Ronnie Stanley says he's NFL bound http://www.scout.com/story/1625347?s=109 … (https://t.co/7sdR9OcYJU)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWxs3C7W4AAPH5n.jpg
3:34 PM - 21 Dec 2015