PDA

View Full Version : '07 FL DL Ian Williams

NDgrandson
01-03-2011, 04:15 PM
Maybe we should start a thread for this guy?

Looks like he has a decent shot at the NFL?

IWilliams95 Ian Williams
Got my combine invite!! Thanks you for all the support notre dame family
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply IWilliams95 Ian Williams

Rosenhaus sports takin care of me today! Buying up gear at the Nike store to train in!!! Doin big things Haha
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply IWilliams95 Ian Williams

Yep hold up
3 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply IWilliams95 Ian Williams

Just got that new big grill Chrysler!! Holla at me Haha
3 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply IWilliams95 Ian Williams

@102JAMZ I was tuned in this morning... that was a good convo yall talked about
6 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply IWilliams95 Ian Williams

Good morning folks... today is the next step in the path to the draft... going to get my training, housing, and transportation all set up!6 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply IWilliams95 Ian Williams

I have officially signed with an agent. Glad that process is over !
19 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply IWilliams95 Ian Williams

Good luck tonight to my boy @showtimetate tonight!!
19 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply IWilliams95 Ian Williams

Had a fun day just chillen with my mom... bout to start this training in a day so wish me luck!
21 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Purebred Irishman
01-03-2011, 04:32 PM
IMO he has a good shot at making it in the nfl. If he can have a good combine he will turn heads

IrishCrasher
01-03-2011, 08:23 PM
IMO he has a good shot at making it in the nfl. If he can have a good combine he will turn heads

I hope he makes it. I look forward to seeing his Combine.

rebuildtherocket
01-03-2011, 10:30 PM
Armando got his also. Walls is listed as an alternate.

a1ND
01-26-2011, 01:17 PM
Ian has done quite well in the Senior Bowl this week...a couple of notes from today's practice:

ScoutNFL:

@Michael Lombardo - Toledo C Kevin Kowalski who has had his fair share of struggles this week, took down Notre Dame DT Ian Williams with a nice display of leverage and power.
Wednesday January 26, 2011 10:33 ScoutNFL
10:32

Twitter
SKennedyScout:
Ian Williams of Notre Dame has 2 consecutive wins rushing from the DT spot [via Twitter]

nflcharlie:
Notre Dame DT Ian Williams just abused Wisconsin OT Gabe Carimi. [via Twitter]

http://profootball.scout.com/2/1042812.html

I just hope he can get himself in the second round for his sake and ND's as well :)

SpanishElite
01-26-2011, 04:02 PM
Great to see he has bounced back from his injury. Best of luck to him.

nd1
01-26-2011, 04:05 PM
i hope he makes it to the nfl. he was a good player for us and no problems.

NDisNCin2010
01-26-2011, 06:48 PM

oh he will just a matter of what round and what team IMO

IrishCrasher
01-26-2011, 07:22 PM

Ian Williams will go in first 3 rounds. I agree that I hope it is second.

surge4082
02-18-2011, 02:10 PM
Good article by Williams himself on the draft & his thoughts of BK & the DL class:

Notre Dame football: Ian Williams begins the draft process
By Ian Williams
Former University of Notre Dame nose guard

This story was originally published at 8:14 p.m. Feb. 16.

Editor's note: Former Notre Dame nose guard Ian Williams shares his thoughts on the 2011 NFL Draft, the process leading up to it and all things Notre Dame each week through the end of April.

After I played my last game in the Sun Bowl on Dec. 31, I started working out Jan. 4 in Orlando with (renowned trainer) Tom Shaw. I chose Drew Rosenhaus as my agent, because Drew's a good guy; he's a go-getter. He does everything he can to benefit me - talk to teams, take care of me during this process. He's an overall genuine guy.

Speaking of the Sun Bowl, those Miami players were cold. Being from Florida, I can tell you one thing, we do not like cold weather.

I mean I came up to South Bend and I sucked it up for four years, but if you're down in Florida and you're not used to the cold weather, trust me, it's the worst thing ever.

One of the big pre-draft events is the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala. It was played Jan. 29. It was crazy, a little-nerve-racking, kind of a meat market.

I think it was Tuesday (of game week), we had to strip down to just our girdles and we had to walk in front of 500-plus scouts and team coaches and had to walk through almost basically butt-naked.

They'd take our weight, our height and as we're walking by, they're poking at you, grabbing at you, looking at you. And you feel like a piece of meat or a cow or something, just walking through.

There were just little things like that, and talking to teams to 11, 12 o'clock at night and having to be up at 7 o'clock the next morning. It's really crazy, but I think it was a great experience.

I think my performance in the game (five tackles with a sack) was just as important as anything. Game speed is different than practice speed, so it was great for me to get that on film against guys who were just as strong, as big and as fast as me.

The knocks about my height, shorter arms, etc., those are things that I really can't worry about. Besides that, I really try to stay off the Internet. Anything that's important for me to know about, I think my agent will tell me.

But teams know what they'll get from me. They'll get a hard-working guy. I may not be the tallest, the biggest, but I'm going to work hard, I'm going to run fast. I'm going to chase the ball. I'm going to do everything I can.

I still think about my career at ND a lot. Actually, I have my helmet at my house. And if I'm watching TV, I may look over at my helmet, and it will hit me then the Senior Bowl was the last time I was able to put on that gold helmet.

I actually still have my jersey, and every now and then I'll go put it on and then I'll put my helmet on and look in the mirror and stuff like that. It's crazy that four years went by so fast.

My senior year under coach (Brian) Kelly helped me so much. He expected a lot from us, to be a leader on and off the field. And I think that helped me mature over the season.

And going forward, I'm just looking to be a great player, a great person and to be an example for guys who are freshmen, juniors, seniors now.

I like Notre Dame's recruiting class with all the defensive linemen in it. Every year you see the teams in the national championship, they have a great D-line. It comes along with being good.

I actually had the luxury of being able to meet a lot of the guys who came in for the junior days and some of the senior visits. I actually hung out with Ishaq (Williams), and I was able to kind of recruit him and get him, so I'm kind of proud for that.

And I just wish I could go back for another four years and be under coach Kelly, because I can only imagine what he's going to do with this class and future classes.

NotreDameNate
02-27-2011, 07:23 PM
Any word on how Mr. Williams faired in the combine?

Revolver
02-27-2011, 07:56 PM
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1395511500#!/profile.php?id=1564843910

FWIRISH
02-28-2011, 06:34 PM
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1395511500#!/profile.php?id=1564843910

Rev. are you just looking to add facebook friends or is this a bad link?

If you are looking for facebook freinds just ask, but why is it in the ian williams thread?

Revolver
02-28-2011, 06:50 PM
[quote=FWIRISH;269466]Rev. are you just looking to add facebook friends or is this a bad link?

If you are looking for facebook freinds just ask, but why is it in the ian williams thread?

oops, sorry about that.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=112&f=1786&t=7246658

SpanishElite
02-28-2011, 08:07 PM
haha. I was like Ok Rev....

NotreDameNate
02-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Yeah I seen that last night with Rev's facebook... I guess I should have said something, but I chose not to. I wasn't quite sure what Rev was up too, lol.

mcbri014
03-01-2011, 02:50 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4678481/cowboys-talk-to-notre-dame-defensive-tackle

Cowboys talk to Notre Dame DT Williams
February, 27, 2011 Feb 27 3:33PM
By Calvin Watkins
INDIANAPOLIS -- The Cowboys have a solid nose tackle in Jay Ratliff but that doesn't mean they can't find some more talent at his position.

Notre Dame defensive tackle Ian Williams talked with team officials over the weekend.

"It was cool, really cool," Williams said. "We talked a lot about football and off the field stuff. Hopefully one day I can play with them."

Williams is projected as a fourth-round pick and Scouts Inc. has him ranked 16th at his position. Josh Brent and Sean Lissemore can back Ratliff up at his spot. But looking at Williams is interesting for a number of reasons. He's a run stopper and has played in the 3-4 and 4-3 schemes.

The Cowboys also have scheduled a talk with Baylor defensive tackle Phil Taylor, who said Sunday he's comfortable playing the nose tackle position as well.

As for Williams, the biggest questions surrounding him was his recovery from a knee injury that caused him to miss the final four games of the 2010 season. He did return for Notre Dame's bowl game, picking up 3.5 tackles for loss and 1.5 sacks. Williams also performed well in the Senior Bowl.

Williams said it was tough playing at Notre Dame because he had three different line coaches and defensive coordinators. Yet he also feels the multiple systems he played in makes him versatile.

"I'm used to both styles," Williams said. "I stop the run, that's what I do best."

noklife
04-30-2011, 10:12 PM
Did he get drafted?

rikrok58
04-30-2011, 10:23 PM
Did he get drafted?

Somehow NO he did not get drafted... i really cant see how... he is a great run stopper in any front, not saying he is an everydown lineman in the nfl but lets face it there arent but a handful of those types of guys in the league anymore.

Hopefully he goes somewhere where he can be effective

stonebreakerwasgod
05-01-2011, 10:52 AM
Feel bad for Ian. He will get a chance still. Not over yet.

ND from NE
05-01-2011, 11:28 AM
He will get a shot, too bad for all these non-drafted kids that they can't sign anywhere until lockout is lifted

NDgrandson
07-26-2011, 01:56 AM
Signed with San Francisco. He was the first ND free agent to announce he had signed.

@IWilliams95
Ian Williams Officially going to the San Francisco 49ers!!! Bout to do it big... Thank you that all helped me get here
3 hours ago

Sparks inda Loo
07-26-2011, 06:10 PM
Gonna play for the wrong Harbaugh but good luck Ian.

IrishFan123
08-14-2011, 12:30 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:6854740

OTL: Ian Williams Pursues NFL Dream

wicket
09-08-2011, 06:59 PM
he made the final cut, great job by ian not letting the not getting drafted get him down

DublinIrish
09-09-2011, 02:42 AM
espn was saying yesterday that this year more UDFA's made teams than ever before..congrats to ian!

marv81s
12-14-2012, 11:21 PM
http://instagram.com/p/TNEzsfoGWU/

jbrown_9999
12-15-2012, 08:20 AM
Dear Jack,

In your note, you asked if there was anything you could do. How about some tickets for the game on 1/7?

Purebred Irishman
03-11-2013, 05:18 PM
http://notredamegoirish.blogspot.ie/2013/03/ian-williams-signs-two-year-deal-with.html

Irish fans will recall that former Notre Dame defensive tackle Ian Williams went un-drafted in the 2012 NFL Draft -- after being projected to go in the first four rounds or so...

Ian went on to sign a Free Agent contract with the San Francisco 49ers and made their 53 man roster this past season. Well, it was just reported that Williams just signed a two-year deal with San Francisco for $3.2 million including a $1 million signing bonus and another $1 million guaranteed.

Congratulations Ian!

IrishDodger
03-11-2013, 07:49 PM
http://notredamegoirish.blogspot.ie/2013/03/ian-williams-signs-two-year-deal-with.html

Well deserved Ian!