PDA

View Full Version : ’11 GA DE Stephon Tuitt (1/19/11 Notre Dame LOI)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

irishunclebill
03-29-2010, 03:38 PM
Strongside Defensive End
Monroe Area High School (Monroe, GA)

Links of Interest:
Rivals Profile (http://rivals.yahoo.com/notredame/football/recruiting/player-Stephon-Tuitt-104914)

Height: 6 foot-5
Weight: 260 lbs.
Forty:
Bench Max:
Squat Max:
Shuttle:
Vertical:
GPA:

Multimedia

irishunclebill
03-29-2010, 03:39 PM
Stephon Tuitt
http://i39.tinypic.com/f19mat.jpg

irishunclebill
03-29-2010, 03:39 PM
Stephon is on the Rivals 250 Watch List, and is holding offers from Auburn, Clemson, Florida, UGA, Ga. Tech, Illinois, Louisville, South Carolina, Southern Miss., and Vandy. According to Irish Sports Daily, Notre Dame has also now offered Tuitt.

Stephon is planning on making a college choice before the end of May and prior to the report of an Irish offer he lists his Top 5 schools as Clemson, Georgia Tech, Florida, Michigan and Auburn. All but scUM in that group have offered him. He also listed Clemson, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina and Auburn as the schools recruiting him the most. It looks like UGA might be on the outside looking in for Tuitt come the end of May. Clemson, South Carolina, and Auburn all seem to be pretty confident that they can get Stephon to leave Georgia to attend college. Apparently Kelly & Co. feel that this is also possible.

irishunclebill
03-29-2010, 04:19 PM
Offer Confirmed.

zimmsbg78
03-30-2010, 11:48 AM
Before the ND offer...........

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/blog?name=southeast_recruiting&id=5030064&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf %2fblog%3fname%3dsoutheast_recruiting%26id%3d50300 64

• After speaking with a source familiar with the recruitment of ESPNU 150 Watch List defensive lineman Stephon Tuitt (Monroe, Ga./Monroe Area), the 6-foot-5, 260-pounder remains firm with Georgia Tech, Georgia, South Carolina and Clemson in the mix. The Yellow Jackets should be considered the team to beat because Tuitt and his family are both high on Georgia Tech. Notre Dame recently inquired about him and the Fighting Irish could jump in the mix as well.

irishunclebill
03-30-2010, 11:51 AM
It's a bit amusing that ESPN would go the "source familiar with" route on Tuitt since he has publically announced a list of his Top 5. A list BTW that does not include UGA even though "the source familiar with" includes them. Now who are we to believe.

zimmsbg78
03-30-2010, 12:34 PM
It's a bit amusing that ESPN would go the "source familiar with" route on Tuitt since he has publically announced a list of his Top 5. A list BTW that does not include UGA even though "the source familiar with" includes them. Now who are we to believe.

Here's a Q & A with Stephon from last Wednesday, maybe this can shed some light on his recruitment........................

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2010/03/24/tech-leads-for-stephon-tuitt-but-dogs-fighting-for-big-d-end/

A Q&A WITH STEPHON TUITT:

Monroe Area’s Stephon Tuitt lives 43 miles from Georgia Tech’s Bobby Dodd Stadium and 28 miles from Georgia’s Sanford Stadium. And like you’d expect of an elite prospect growing up in such close proximity to two major football programs, both schools are pulling hard in a tug-of-war for his services. At the moment, the handkerchief is on the side of the Yellow Jackets, who Tuitt named this week as his clear leader. But the Bulldogs haven’t given up and they’re pulling back hard. And several other schools are still battling to get in the game with the defensive end who has the perfect frame for the 3-4 defense so many teams are going to. I caught up with Tuitt, a rising senior, and one of the top 10-rated recruits in the state, after an afternoon workout with the Purple Hurricanes earlier this week. Here’s what he had to say:

cont..

irishunclebill
03-31-2010, 01:43 AM
Some indications that ND might actually have a chance to be a player here.

zimmsbg78
03-31-2010, 10:49 AM
Some indications that ND might actually have a chance to be a player here.

Momma Tuitt is a huge ND fan. Stephon was quoted saying she's "basically obsessed with the school."

Stephon has added ND to his top group of schools and said ND will receive a OV in the fall. Has a 3.5 GPA and wants his college degree to be worth something after he graduates.

SpanishElite
03-31-2010, 11:34 AM
Love moms getting interested and OVs.

irishunclebill
03-31-2010, 11:42 AM
Momma Tuitt is a huge ND fan. Stephon was quoted saying she's "basically obsessed with the school."

Stephon has added ND to his top group of schools and said ND will receive a OV in the fall. Has a 3.5 GPA and wants his college degree to be worth something after he graduates.

The OV mention is especially important because it most likely means that he has now changed his mind (or Mom has changed it for him) about making a verbal commit somewhere before the end of May.

zimmsbg78
04-05-2010, 09:22 AM
Tuitt has named a top five, in no order as UGA, Georgia Tech, ND, Florida and Clemson.

zimmsbg78
04-05-2010, 09:58 AM
http://recruiting.scout.com/2/959725.html (free)

Stephon Tuitt entered the MVP Camp with an X on his back because most there either knew who he was or had heard about him because of his offer list, so expectations were high.
He did not disappoint.

Tuitt did not start off as hot as he finished though. Early on the during the drills, where Coach Matt Brennan of Woodward Academy and Coach Corey Jarvis from Duluth worked him for over an hour trying to improve his game as a defensive lineman, he was not clearly the best of the bunch.

Others like Grady Jarrett, Matt Hill, T.J. Terrell, and Jarontay Jones really looked good early.

Tuitt got it in gear though.

Mid way through the drills, he started to pick his game up and by the time one on ones stated, he showed why he has over a dozen offers from Clemson, Florida, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Notre Dame, and many others.

“I came into this camp wanting to get better and I know I did that,” said Tuitt. “I wanted to improve my hand placement and my footwork more than anything and the coaches I worked with put me through drills that worked on both of those things. I think I started off a little slow, but I used what I was taught with my size and athleticism later on and dominated the person in front of me.”

That is 100 percent true.

The 6-foot-5, 255 pound junior out of Monroe Area showed great explosion off the ball, he showed the ability to play low and get around the edge by sinking his hips, and he was successful working the inside a couple of times as well.

At the end of the day, he not only looked the part, but he played it.

The neck of his shirt was ripped and the sleeves of his shirt were down below the his elbows because of the offensive linemen holding him as he blazed by them.

Tuitt was unstoppable during 1on1 session.

He did not care about his shirt being ripped or pulled because he knew it was making him better and he loved the competition.

“This was not your typical camp with people timing you in the L-Cone drill, shuttle, and all that, but it was about football,” said the four-star defensive end. “It was more of a training camp and the coaches I had made me better. This camp really got me better for the future and I enjoyed competing with all the other talented players out there.”

Tuitt enjoyed competing with others, but did the others enjoy competing against him? He was a real force when it came to the one on one battles and he was not slowed down. It was a fairly easy call to name him the top overall 2011 prospect at the inaugural MVP Camp held on the campus of Georgia Tech. He showed more fire than was expected, he competed with a lot of intensity, and he was unstoppable during the one on ones.

He was happy to walk away with this honor.

“I didn’t know Chad Simmons (Scout’s South Recruiting Manager) was going to call my name for the top award, but I was excited when he did. It was my first time winning any type of trophy for football, so it was a big moment for me. I know I have been working hard and I was focused on doing well at the camp since being invited, so when I got the trophy and heard my name called, I just thought all of my hard work paid off.”

“To be the best at something like that with all the other top players there, it really felt good.”

Tuitt is one of the top defensive linemen in the country and he has both in-state schools high on his list. He is now on spring break and he plans to attend both Georgia and Georgia Tech practices later in the week. He would like to make a decision by June if he is ready.

zimmsbg78
04-09-2010, 11:02 AM
Tuitt has said he will not decide on a school until after his senior season.

Purebred Irishman
04-09-2010, 05:43 PM
Tuitt has said he will not decide on a school until after his senior season.

That will hopefully give ND more time to work on getting him to ND

zimmsbg78
04-14-2010, 10:07 AM
http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2010/04/13/ten-at-10-donte-williams-to-make-it-official-with-uga/

5. A strong candidate for this year’s AJC Super 11 team, Stephon Tuitt, continues to favor Georgia Tech over Georgia. At least that’s the indication from Chad Simmons’ latest update at Scout.com. Tuitt visited Tech and Georgia with his mother on back-to-back days this past week and, while he insists he still has no favorites, his comments to Simmons reveal a pecking order. “My mom really likes Georgia Tech because of their engineering program,” Tuitt told him. “I know Georgia surprised her a little bit with their academics, but she really likes Georgia Tech just because of their academic standards and their engineering program. I like Georgia Tech a little more too. Someone told me before I started the recruiting process that I would just get that feeling for a place when I step on their campus and I get that feeling when I go to Georgia Tech.”

Uh Oh!!

zimmsbg78
04-15-2010, 01:15 PM
Here's a old article on Tuitt. The only reason I'm posting it, is because it comes with a free video............a impressive video.....................

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/944879.html

zimmsbg78
04-27-2010, 10:53 AM
UGA coaches are visiting him on thursday and he will unofficially visit Auburn on May 5th.

zimmsbg78
04-28-2010, 09:47 AM
Tuitt named a new top five.................Georgia Tech, UGA, ND, Clemson and Tennessee. Tuitt said that this list was not in order but I will have to disagree. I think that his current top five is exactly the pecking order in his recruitment. I would love to see Tuitt in the Blue & Gold but the Georgia schools will be difficult to beat here.

zimmsbg78
04-28-2010, 10:02 AM
http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2010...-multiple-qbs/

Georgia Tech coaches are employing a different tactic. They spread out across the state to achieve maximum coverage. One of the first players the Jackets got in to see was Monroe Area defensive end Stephon Tuitt, according to JacketsOnline.com. “[Recruiting coordinator and defensive line] Coach [Andy] McCollum came by the school today to see and he let my coach know it was his first stop,” Tuitt told JacketsOnline’s Kelly Quinlan. “He told him I am his number one priority and it feels really good that they want me so bad at Tech. I like Coach McCollum and I was happy to see him at the school.” The 6-foot-5, 252-pound Tuitt is one of the top prospects in Georgia this year and has multiple offers. Including Tech his top five are Georgia, Notre Dame, Clemson and Tennessee. The Bulldogs are expected to come through Monroe on Tuesday.

irishunclebill
05-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Coach Elston was at Stephon's school yesterday for an evaluation period visit.

He continues to list 5 schools in no particular order that he likes, Auburn, Georgia Tech, Georgia, Clemson and Notre Dame. Florida and South Carolina are tied for #6.

irishunclebill
05-10-2010, 11:53 PM
Stephon has confirmed that he will take an OV to South Bend in the Fall.

CULion17
05-21-2010, 12:17 AM
Any idea where else the coaches have stopped by in GA. My little bros have mentioned a lot of big programs have come by their school but no ND sighting there.

This kid must look amazing on film because his school plays in a pretty weak region and they went 0-10. Apparently when facing big time competition at camp he is doing well so he is definitely legit.

irishunclebill
06-13-2010, 07:16 PM
Looks like Tuitt is getting impatient again and will be committing pretty soon. That is not good news for ND, but should be very good news for Ga. Tech.

zimmsbg78
06-15-2010, 02:35 PM
Looks like Tuitt is getting impatient again and will be committing pretty soon. That is not good news for ND, but should be very good news for Ga. Tech.

I have heard the same as you IUB. Than I read this from AJC........................

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2010/06/15/ten-at-10-dalton-ot-watts-dantzler-to-choose-between-auburn-uga-on-sunday/

5. For the longest time Georgia Tech led for elite defensive end Stephon Tuitt. Then last week Tuitt sent out a list of his seven favorite teams in order of preference. He had Miami on top. “All my family is down there and I’ve always been a big-time fan of the school,” said Tuitt, who lived in Miami until he was 13. As of last week, the Yellow Jackets were number two. But after attending Tech’s junior-senior camp this past Saturday, Tuitt has the Jackets back on top. “It was wonderful down there, a beautiful day,” Tuitt told me on Sunday. “I like the school and everything really. It has gotten to the point where I had to start thinking about the degree and what it would mean to have it and it’s hard to beat a degree from Tech.” So now Miami is back to number two, followed by Notre Dame, Georgia, Clemson, Auburn and Tennessee. But there is still a long way to go on Tuitt. He said he won’t make a decision until after taking official visits this fall. I’ll have more on Tuitt later.

a1ND
06-16-2010, 01:58 PM
Not to get your hopes up or anything but it appears he'll be officially visiting in Sept (most likely Mich game I would imagine) and then deciding there after. We are currently 3rd right now (must be because of mom)

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2010/06/16/georgia-tech-camp-reaffirms-jackets-as-leader-for-stephon-tuitt/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting

From the article:

All that said, Tuitt explained that he is not anywhere close to making a decision. He has also been to camps at Georgia and Auburn in recent weeks and he doesn’t plan to make a decision until September, after which time he will have taken official visits to Miami and Notre Dame.

Following is his list of seven finalists in order of preference as it stands now with Tuitt’s thoughts on each one:

1. Georgia Tech: “Great relationship with the coaches, like the education there.”
2. Miami: “All my family is down there and I’ve always been a big-time fan of the school.”
3. Notre Dame: “Great education; great name.

Griff Cannon
06-17-2010, 10:03 AM
GT and Miami still 1 and 2 with ND in 3rd

SpanishElite
06-17-2010, 12:32 PM
GT and Miami still 1 and 2 with ND in 3rd

Hey Ill take that with no official visit.

zimmsbg78
07-14-2010, 01:23 PM
http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2010/07/13/ten10-techs-lead-for-stephon-tuitt-widens-uga-fades/

1. Stephon Tuitt has not yet eliminated the Georgia Bulldogs from consideration, but they’re definitely fading fast. At least that’s my conclusion after a bit of confusion over the weekend. Tuitt made yet another visit to Georgia Tech, which remains atop the wish list for this highly-touted defensive end from Monroe. The Tech fan sites from both Rivals and Scout interviewed Tuitt afterward and, as usual, asked him to reel off his favorites. He didn’t mention the Bulldogs this time, whereas he had them fourth among his top seven in my last update less than a month ago. Reading this, I took it to mean Tuitt had eliminated Georgia, so I called him Monday to verify. “That’s not accurate,” Tuitt told me. “I have seven schools that stand out for me now and they’re one of them.” But since he mentioned only Tech, Miami, Notre Dame, Clemson, Auburn and Tennessee and not UGA, we have to assume the Bulldogs are now at No. 7. Meanwhile, the 6-foot-5, 252-pound athlete is not close to pulling the trigger on a decision. “I’ve still got a while to go,” he told me. “I want to take my official visits before I make up my mind. I don’t know if I’ll take five or three but I definitely want to take some.” He said he also hopes to make trips to Tennessee and Auburn this summer.

zimmsbg78
08-10-2010, 03:41 PM
http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1110656 (free)

Thomasville (Ga.) four-star tight end/defensive end Ray Drew can expect at least one phone call Saturday night. It'll be from his friend and fellow top Peach State recruit Stephon Tuitt.

Tuitt, after a visit to Auburn earlier in the day, has something to say to Drew.

"I want to tell him, 'I went and liked it, too. Just like you did'," Tuitt said.

Drew is a big reason Tuitt considered a visit to Auburn. The two met at the Top Gun OL/DL camp in Williamsburg, Va. earlier this summer. Drew, Tuitt said, was one of several top recruits participating in the camp. Drew was one of several top recruits encouraging Tuitt to visit Auburn. Owings Mills (Md.) four-star offensive lineman Donovan Smith was another.

"It was a great, awesome experience."

Tuitt wants to visit Auburn again, and already plans to.

"I want to go back and stay a little longer, see the whole campus, be around the players, just get a chance to know more about the school and get to know the coaches better," he said. "I can't guarantee (it will be an official visit) now before I narrow down my colleges, but Auburn will have a great chance of getting one of them."

Tuitt has a long list of scholarship offers. Georgia, Georgia Tech, Auburn, Florida, Clemson, Tennessee, Notre Dame, South Carolina and North Carolina, among many more, have extended offers. Tuitt hopes to narrow the list soon.

"I have a group of schools," he said. "Georgia Tech, I like Georgia Tech. Clemson, I like (coach) Billy Napier and everything up there. I like Auburn. I like Notre Dame. I want to go up there and see what that's like. I like Miami. That is my hometown so I have little jitters about them. I'm thinking about LSU now. They are contacting me all the time. I want to see the school, check it out and see if it's a good thing. Tennessee also. I went up there yesterday and met the coaches. They are great coaches."

zimmsbg78
08-11-2010, 09:35 AM
http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2010/08/10/ten10-wr-darick-rogers-others-in-the-clear-with-vols/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting

3. Another elite prospect to keep an eye on with regard to Auburn is Monroe Area defensive end Stephon Tuitt. Georgia Tech has long led for this 6-foot-5, 252-pound athlete. But coach Matt Fligg told me Tuitt has a fantastic visit to The Plains this past weekend and has really hit it off with defensive coordinator (and Tech alum) Ted Roof. He also said Auburn is being brought up to Tuitt a lot by other blue-chip prospects. “Auburn is definitely in the hunt after today,” Fligg told me Sunday. Stay tuned.

DirtySecret
08-12-2010, 12:29 AM
http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2010/08/10/ten10-wr-darick-rogers-others-in-the-clear-with-vols/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting

The next school he visits will be at the top of his list and so on..

theman
08-12-2010, 09:52 AM

I just hope that he and Ray Drew show up, period. I would love it if they showed up for the Michigan game. There are a lot of big-time recruits at that game and we really need to beat the shit out of Michigan.

irishunclebill
08-22-2010, 08:14 PM
Not to get your hopes up or anything but it appears he'll be officially visiting in Sept (most likely Mich game I would imagine) and then deciding there after. We are currently 3rd right now (must be because of mom)

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2010/06/16/georgia-tech-camp-reaffirms-jackets-as-leader-for-stephon-tuitt/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting

From the article:

All that said, Tuitt explained that he is not anywhere close to making a decision. He has also been to camps at Georgia and Auburn in recent weeks and he doesn’t plan to make a decision until September, after which time he will have taken official visits to Miami and Notre Dame.

Following is his list of seven finalists in order of preference as it stands now with Tuitt’s thoughts on each one:

1. Georgia Tech: “Great relationship with the coaches, like the education there.”
2. Miami: “All my family is down there and I’ve always been a big-time fan of the school.”
3. Notre Dame: “Great education; great name.

Tuitt told an LSU site that the OV to ND for the scUM game is the only one he has set up so far. He also lists a Top 5 now of Georgia Tech, Notre Dame, Auburn, Miami and Clemson. That is the order Tuitt named the teams but it is not clear whether it's the order he has them ranked in.

irishunclebill
08-22-2010, 08:15 PM

Looks like ND is next to be #1 then.

theman
08-22-2010, 08:47 PM

I hope. If he committed, Ray Drew may consider us and our d-line class may rival Florida's class last year if he committed too.

therizz
08-22-2010, 09:16 PM

Isn't G Tech the darkhorse?

theman
08-22-2010, 09:44 PM
Isn't G Tech the darkhorse?

GTech is his present leader.

irishunclebill
08-22-2010, 11:50 PM
I hope. If he committed, Ray Drew may consider us and our d-line class may rival Florida's class last year if he committed too.

Don't take that comment out of the context it was quoted with.

KamaraPolice
08-23-2010, 12:36 AM
Don't take that comment out of the context it was quoted with.

hahaha no kidding, right?

Let's see what else we can do here:

our d-line class may rival Florida's class last year

Katzenboyer
08-23-2010, 09:10 AM
Tuitt, if could be possible, would be a bigger get than Lynch if he pulls the trigger for the Irish.

I'm under no illusions that that's even remotely close to happening right now, but it's nice to be in it with such a stud on the D-Line.

a1ND
08-23-2010, 10:16 AM
Tuitt, if could be possible, would be a bigger get than Lynch if he pulls the trigger for the Irish.

I'm under no illusions that that's even remotely close to happening right now, but it's nice to be in it with such a stud on the D-Line.

From the film I have seen, I'd say Lynch has more upside but Tuitt is more polished at this stage in his career. Regardless, I'd love to pair them up with Stockton or Nix :)

a1ND
08-25-2010, 11:53 AM
A good read on Tuitt - http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2010/08/25/tech-no-longer-clear-cut-no-1-for-stephon-tuitt/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting

and a friendly reminder to not get too excited about his comments after his official (unless of course he commits :))

Sparks inda Loo
08-25-2010, 07:07 PM
a good read on tuitt - http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2010/08/25/tech-no-longer-clear-cut-no-1-for-stephon-tuitt/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting

and a friendly reminder to not get too excited about his comments after his official (unless of course he commits :))

he committed to nd? Omg, numa, numa, numa!

irishunclebill
08-26-2010, 11:15 PM
Looks like Tuitt's Official Visit for the scUM game is now, well Official.

Jiggafini19
08-28-2010, 09:13 AM
Say ND lands Tuitt, are we to therefore assume that Carrico or Springmann bounce over to offensive line?

therizz
08-28-2010, 10:20 AM
Say ND lands Tuitt, are we to therefore assume that Carrico or Springmann bounce over to offensive line?

I think that would be a no-brainer. In fact, I see Springmann going to offensive line either way.

wicket
08-28-2010, 10:21 AM

one of them probably yes. I have a hard time imagining that we'd take four guys for 2 spots

Griff Cannon
08-28-2010, 11:03 AM

I have seen talk of him maybe moving to DT depending on how he develops. Guess the staff really likes potential as a big mauler type up front.

wicket
08-28-2010, 11:07 AM
I have seen talk of him maybe moving to DT depending on how he develops. Guess the staff really likes potential as a big mauler type up front.

yeah as an UT in a 4-3 but he is not a nose kinda guy

zimmsbg78
08-30-2010, 12:21 PM
Tuitt said he will OV ND for the ND/scUM game (I know mentioned a few times already), he will also unofficially visit Georgia Tech, Clemson and UGA during the season as well. He said Georgia Tech is still the favorite and are recruting him the hardest and for the longest period of time. He listed Clemson and Auburn behind Georgia Tech Tech as teams that are recruiting him the hardest.

He will attend the Kickoff Classic at the Georgia Dome this weekned pitting LSU -vs.- UNC. He also said he will save one OV for a team close to home.

zimmsbg78
09-09-2010, 10:02 AM
http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2010/09/07/ten10-isaiah-crowell-shows-mark-richt-love-after-td/

6. Monroe Area’s Stephon Tuitt, the No. 2-rated defensive end in Georgia, is heading up to South Bend, Ind., this weekend to take in the Notre Dame-Michigan game as an official visitor with Fighting Irish. Tuitt (6-5, 260) has Notre Dame in his final five along with Georgia Tech, Auburn, Clemson and Miami. Most expect him to sign with the Yellow Jackets and coach Matt Fligg said he’s “getting very close” to announcing a commitment. Meanwhile, Tuitt’s helping Monroe Area conduct one of the bigger turnarounds in the state. Winless the previous two seasons, the Purple Hurricanes are 2-0 this year after moving down a classification. So far Tuitt has 13 tackles and four sacks.

Synoptico
09-10-2010, 11:58 AM
In South Bend, two of the South's top defensive prospects -- defensive back Wayne Lyons (Ft. Lauderdale, Fla./Dillard) and Stephon Tuitt (Monroe, Ga./Monroe) -- are making official visits to see the Irish.

"Michigan is a big-time rival of Notre Dame, and this is a great chance for me to see Notre Dame football in a great atmosphere," said Tuitt, who is also considering Georgia Tech, Auburn, Clemson, Tennessee and Miami. "This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for me and the first time I will travel up north. I am very interested in talking with the coaches and I really like Notre Dame."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=5549837

IrishFan123
09-12-2010, 04:35 PM
After his first official visit Notre Dame moves to the top of his list, tied with Georgia Tech.

SpanishElite
09-12-2010, 08:47 PM
After his first official visit Notre Dame moves to the top of his list, tied with Georgia Tech.

This is great news, Tuitt would be HUGE for ND's DL and IMO an instant impact player. But Ga Tech will still get an OV and I think he will commit to Ga Tech in the end.

JMR8
09-12-2010, 11:49 PM
nope. irish in the end. callin it.

JDNDSyrnafan
09-13-2010, 06:46 AM
the recruits Mom, like ND.

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2010/09/12/de-stephon-tuitt-high-interest-in-notre-dame-after-official-visit/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting

He could be ND-bound?

irishunclebill
09-13-2010, 11:54 AM
http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/blogs/coach-ds-blog

Irish Impress Tuitt
Written by Bryan Driskell Sunday, 12 September 2010 13:56

Stephon Tuitt (Monroe, Ga./Monroe Area) was looking forward to his Notre Dame trip, but he was not prepared for what he would experience in South Bend. “They impressed me beyond the point I never expected to be impressed by them,” said the standout defensive end. “The trip went well, it was really impressive.”

“I was really satisfied with the things I saw with the school,” he explained.

Tuitt was impressed by the standout play of Michigan quarterback Denard Robinson, but felt the Irish defense more than held their own in the second half. “It was a great game and a big time rivalry,” said Tuitt. “In the second half they (the Notre Dame defense) they really shut him down and gave the offense the ball more with an opportunity to score.

“I’m really excited about possibly going there and knowing I could play in that defense,” said Tuitt, who comes from a 3-4 defense at Monroe Area High School.

Whenever he visits a school Tuitt asks himself if he can see himself fitting in at that school. “When I asked myself that question, especially during the academic side if it, I was very comfortable,” said Tuitt. “It’s more of an Ivy League type situation. But the game day was also electrifying.”

The intensity of the crowd, especially the student section, caught Tuitt’s attention.

Tuitt did not make the trip alone. He drove up from Monroe, Georgia with his mother. His mother was impressed with everything she saw, despite the fact she had to do all the driving on the trip.

“She had a wonderful time,” said Tuitt. “She liked the school from the get go and it was a great chance for her to get up and see everything for herself.”

Notre Dame did well with Tuitt. “I would say after this visit they are at the top, along with Georgia Tech.”

Despite his impressive visit, Tuitt is in no rush to commit. “I’m going to take my time,” he said. “I’m going to take some officials, with my next one being to Miami. Then I’m going to really focus on my high school team.”

This battle is going to go down to the wire with Tuitt, but the Irish did well in putting themselves in the mix to land this standout defensive end prospect.

COMMENTS: Tuitt is a tremendously talented football player. If Notre Dame is able to bring him up from the south they will have landed arguably the best group of DE’s in the country with Aaron Lynch, Tony Springmann, Brad Carrico, and of course Tuitt. He’s a tremendously powerful player who has the agility and speed to also get after the quarterback. It was a rough day yesterday for many of his top schools, with Notre Dame losing to Michigan, Georgia Tech losing to Kansas, and Miami losing to Ohio State. Notre Dame has made up a lot of ground with this young man, but they really need to close on him. He’s a great kid and a talented player. He is the type of player, along with Aaron Lynch, that can really turn their defense into a potential powerhouse. It would give them two of the top five ends in the country.

IrishCalves
09-14-2010, 12:11 AM
Really keeping my fingers crossed here. Get as many guys on defense as possible.

CincyDamer
09-15-2010, 09:21 PM
Twitter from hansen says he committed. Huge, huge get if confirmed

irishunclebill
09-15-2010, 09:30 PM
http://www.southbendtribune.com/article/20100915/SPORTS13/100919503/1021/Sports

Notre Dame football: Defensive end from Monroe, Ga., commits to Irish
Tribune Staff Report

Stephon Tuitt, a 6-foot-5, 252-pound defensive end from Monroe, Ga., has committed to play football next season at Notre Dame.

Tuitt, considered a four-star player by Rivals.com, had offers from several schools, including Florida, Auburn, Clemson, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Miami, Tennessee and South Carolina.

IrishFan123
09-15-2010, 09:34 PM
Awesome...man can BK get the guys he wants!!!! Big time get...GO IRISH

Only the number 1 ranked strongside defensive end in the country according to rivals.

Shamrock1221
09-15-2010, 09:36 PM
Yesssssssss!!!

Jiggafini19
09-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Yes, Virginia, there is a defense.

Katzenboyer
09-15-2010, 10:01 PM
This is HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!

I hope it isn't a case of him just getting caught up in the moment -- but if it isn't, and we hang onto him, it's the biggest defensive get since Manti.

NDisNCin2010
09-15-2010, 10:02 PM
Unreal!

this is Floyd-commitment type news (committing after a brutal loss) IMHO...way to go Coach Kelly and welcome to the Family Stephon!

Dayton_Domer
09-15-2010, 10:03 PM
Fukin' A Beyotch!!!!

Irish Joe
09-15-2010, 10:03 PM
solid!

irishunclebill
09-15-2010, 10:09 PM

I hope it isn't a case of him just getting caught up in the moment -- but if it isn't, and we hang onto him, it's the biggest defensive get since Manti.

According to Rivals maybe. Don't forget Aaron Lynch. Across the board Lynch is actually ranked a little higher on average than Tuitt, but it doesn't really matter which one is better because together they are the best 1-2 DE combo as anyone in the country is going to get in this class. They are also perfect bookend DE's for the 3-4.

stonebreakerwasgod
09-15-2010, 10:20 PM
Pow. Done.

IrishR#1
09-15-2010, 10:22 PM
I don't follow football recruiting, but even I can see that this is a big get.

Also I like that we got twins to sign with us. Now we just need the Miller Lite ones.....

DirtySecret
09-15-2010, 10:26 PM
Jizz in my pants!

NDGirlzRock
09-15-2010, 10:27 PM

I would say a caught up in the moment commit on Sunday or Monday, but the glow would wear off by late Wednesday!!!

HoffVir
09-15-2010, 10:34 PM
Jizz in my pants!

It's your fault, you were rubbing my butt
Don't tell anyone, or I'll call you a slut.

Welcome aboard Stephon.

NDisNCin2010
09-15-2010, 10:37 PM
http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1126943

September 15, 2010

Tuitt Goes Irish

Jake Brown
IrishIllustrated.com Recruiting Analyst

It looks like Notre Dame has found its bookend defensive ends for years to come.

The Irish secured the verbal commitment of four-star defensive end Stephon Tuitt on Wednesday, adding to a class that already includes four-star defensive end Aaron Lynch. Tuitt, a potential five-star prospect, took his official visit to Notre Dame last weekend.

"It's a great environment," Tuitt said. "It's a great coaching staff and a great football program. Plus they have my major."

Tuitt chose Notre Dame over scholarship offers from around the country but he had been considering a lead group of Auburn, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Miami, Tennessee and Notre Dame for some time.

Following his visit to South Bend, the 6-foot-5, 260-pound prospect said the Irish had surged into a tie with Georgia Tech and he still wanted to visit Miami and Georgia Tech one more time before making a decision.

But after a couple days of serious thought Tuitt decided to end the process by placing a call to Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly.

One of the appealing things Kelly offered during his recruiting pitch was early playing time for the nation's top strongside defensive end and No. 22 prospect overall.

"Most schools were offering that to me," Tuitt said. "But it might be a little bit more. I might be playing as a freshman. I just have to come in and work. I'm going to work my hardest and if I can play as a freshman that would be great."

Tuitt considers himself done with the recruiting process, although it's unlikely some programs will stop calling.

After seeing it up close last weekend Tuitt looks forward to running into Notre Dame Stadium in the blue and gold. It's a notion that even crossed Tuitt's mind as he was on campus.

"I said it a couple times when I was on the campus," Tuitt said. "I felt real comfortable being there on the campus ... It really felt right."

NotreDameNate
09-15-2010, 10:38 PM
DAMN! And I just thought I was coming to read a story about him, lol. I guess it is a story, a story of him committing to Notre Dame... SOB that is awesome!

Katzenboyer
09-15-2010, 10:42 PM
According to Rivals maybe. Don't forget Aaron Lynch. Across the board Lynch is actually ranked a little higher on average than Tuitt, but it doesn't really matter which one is better because together they are the best 1-2 DE combo as anyone in the country is going to get in this class. They are also perfect bookend DE's for the 3-4.

I haven't forgotten Lynch, who I was ecstatic with when he committed as well. But isn't Tuitt rated higher on all the services?

Regardless, I was ecstatic when we got Lynch and I'm ecstatic we got Tuitt. Just amazing, pulling both those kids out of the South.

NDisNCin2010
09-15-2010, 10:47 PM
wll i guess now we can forget all that talk about that 5th star for Stephon...

Shamrock1221
09-15-2010, 10:49 PM
I haven't forgotten Lynch, who I was ecstatic with when he committed as well. But isn't Tuitt rated higher on all the services?

Regardless, I was ecstatic when we got Lynch and I'm ecstatic we got Tuitt. Just amazing, pulling both those kids out of the South.

Only on Rivals where I believe he is on the cusp of getting a fifth star. He is their #1 SDE if Im not mistaken.

NDisNCin2010
09-15-2010, 10:55 PM
this should help Elston get better soon...

College Choices
School Interest Offer Visit Recruited by
Notre Dame COMMITTED (09/15/2010) Offered 09/10/2010 Mike Elston
Auburn None Offered None Tracy Rocker
Clemson None Offered None
Florida None Offered None
Georgia None Offered None
Georgia Tech None Offered None Todd Spencer
Illinois None Offered None
Louisville None Offered None
LSU None Offered None
Maryland None None
Navy None Offered None
North Carolina None Offered None
South Carolina None Offered None Shane Beamer
Southern Miss None Offered None
Tennessee None Offered None
UCLA None None
Vanderbilt None Offered None

irishunclebill
09-15-2010, 11:12 PM
Only on Rivals where I believe he is on the cusp of getting a fifth star. He is their #1 SDE if Im not mistaken.

For the record, on the 5 services we are tracking, Tuitt is higher than Lynch on Rivals & AthleteVault. Lynch is significantly higher than Tuitt on Scout & ESPN where in both instances Tuitt is ranked as the #14 DE. Lynch is also ranked higher than Tuitt on Lemming's MaxPreps 100, and as I said earlier, on a consensus basis of those five boards Lynch has a slightly higher average ranking. Personally I give Tuitt just a smidge of an advantage over Lynch at this point in time because he is a bit more polished than Lynch. Bottom line is they are both huge pickup's for ND.

Lynch- Rivals 95, Scout 59, ESPN 46, MaxPreps 60, Athlete Vault 102- Average Rank 72.4

Tuitt- Rivals 22, Scout 100, ESPN 134, MaxPreps 76, Athlete Vault 66- Average Rank 79.8

Shamrock1221
09-15-2010, 11:16 PM
Both have that fast twitch off the snap, gonna be fun to watch them. And Ive heard both are over 260 at this point so hopefully they keep packing that size on.

step30044
09-15-2010, 11:40 PM
nope. irish in the end. callin it.

you called it:medicated:

Revolver
09-15-2010, 11:42 PM
Both have that fast twitch off the snap, gonna be fun to watch them. And Ive heard both are over 260 at this point so hopefully they keep packing that size on.

Yes. We need 1990's Florda St. fast twitch speed.

step30044
09-15-2010, 11:49 PM
This is turning into one hell of a recruiting class........Lyons and Daniels and I will be happy! Think we crack the top 5 now??

NDgrandson
09-16-2010, 12:11 AM
HOLY CRAP

I just logged into GH and saw this. Audibly I said, "HOLY CRAP!"

I was not expecting this, and was definitely not expecting it this soon.

Wow. That is awesome!

shocker24
09-16-2010, 12:22 AM
Tuitt's commitment vaulted us to #6 on rivals team recruiting rankings!

CincyDamer
09-16-2010, 12:36 AM
Welcome to Notre Dame!

Lynch, Nix, and Tuitt.... "We gonna be beasts"

rontdtarchala
09-16-2010, 01:34 AM
Now we need several monsters playing the nose and closing all holes allowing our lb's to slaughter our opposition...

jbrown_9999
09-16-2010, 01:49 AM
Tuitt's commitment vaulted us to #6 on rivals team recruiting rankings!
and #5 in Scouts'

NDgrandson
09-16-2010, 01:56 AM
Yes. We need 1990's Florda St. fast twitch speed.

That was actually speed. They were on speed. Some fast twitching was observed but mostly that was involuntary.

wicket
09-16-2010, 02:20 AM
This one is huge guys. This allows us to kick Springmann and-or Carrico to the OLine and have both the OLine and front nicely stacked up. Combine this with 4 corners (one of which is bound to become a safety since all 4 have the body type to do so) and this class fills most needs. 1 safety and studs will finish this class

Purebred Irishman
09-16-2010, 05:30 AM
Way to go Stephon, BK and ND !!! I definitly didn't expect to see this news this morning.
Great news for ND. 3 great pick up's after a tough loss to scum is awesome :partyon:

irishunclebill
09-16-2010, 10:39 AM
http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/blogs/coach-ds-blog

Tuitt Commits to Notre Dame
Written by Bryan Driskell Wednesday, 15 September 2010 21:58

Stephon Tuitt (Monroe, Ga./Monroe Area) has committed to spend the next four years in South Bend, Indiana playing for the University of Notre Dame.

Tonight the Monroe, Georgia native gave his verbal commitment to the Notre Dame staff, giving the Irish arguably the best front seven class in the country.

"Yeah, I did, I committed," said the 6-foot-5, 260-pound end. "It was the hardest decision I ever had to make. I had a great relationship with the other school. But the atmosphere, the environment. I really loved it."

"Plus too, they have my major," said Tuitt. It was the academic situation that seemed to be the final deciding factor that swayed Tuitt towards Notre Dame.

"I'm excited, but I'm still a little shaken," explained Tuitt. "I really had a great relationship with the other school, but this is really the best decision for me."

"I feel like a weight is off my shoulders," said a relieved Tuitt.

Before anyone takes the difficulty of his decision as him not being sold on Notre Dame, please allow me to put those fears to rest. Stephon was genuinely excited about committing to Notre Dame. As a former recruit and coach I can tell you one of the hardest things to do is tell another coach who you have really grown to know, respect, and appreciate that you are going somewhere else. It does not mean you aren't happy about your decision, it just means you know that relationship is now changed. Stephon was excited about his commitment.

With the commitment of Tuitt to the Class of 2011, the Irish are almost done with this class. There are still some linebacker prospects they are pursuing (Ishaq Williams, Christian French) and of course there is safety Wayne Lyons. For me personally, Lyons is at the top of that list. I am excited about the OLB prospects already on board. Lyons would complete this defensive class and it would give the Irish the nation's best haul of defensive players.

Tuitt and current commit Aaron Lynch (Cape Coral, Fla./Island Coast) are a perfect compliment to each other. They can play opposite each other, and their skill sets compliment the other. Tuitt is a dominant run player who can rush the quarterback. Lynch is a dominant pass rusher who can play the run. I am of the opinion that both players are Top 5 national prospects at the DE position. Lynch is my No. 2 ranked DE in the country, with Tuitt falling in as my No. 4 DE in the country.

These players combine with fellow commits Tony Springmann (Fort Wayne, Ind./Bishop Dwenger) and Brad Carrico (Dublin, Ohio/Coffman) to give the Irish an impressive haul of ends. This group gives the Irish an automatic boost in size, potential strength, athleticism, and depth.

The front seven haul being brought it is certainly impressive. OLB Clay Burton (Venice, Fla./Venice) is a dangerous pass rusher and one of my favorite players in the nation. OLB Ben Councell (Asheville, N.C./A.C. Reynolds) is a speedy and rangy player who fits in perfectly at the Dog linebacker position. He has the size, range, and speed to excel in coverage for the Irish. OLB Anthony Rabasa can do it all and is the ideal compliment to this group. He's a solid athlete with a tremendous motor. He can get after the quarterback and has the quickness to drop into coverage. ILB Jarrett Grace has tremendous size and is a pure power player on the inside. This group is big, rangy, and talented.

Tuitt is the final piece to the front seven puzzle. Picturing Lynch and Tuitt playing outside of Louis Nix should excite Notre Dame faithful.

ndcufan
09-16-2010, 10:58 AM
with Aaron Lynch and Stephon Tuitt at the ends and Nix in the middle, that's a solid..dare i say formidable...dline. We also have some DBs committed too, which is nice. This class is shaping out nicely--Now we need Coach Kelly et al. to coach them up and develop their potential. That 2012 schedule is down right brutal, but we will certainly have the talent to win those games.

Synoptico
09-30-2010, 12:45 PM
Barton Simmons
Recruiting Analyst
ARMY AA BOWL: Army All-American selection tour | Tuitt Army AA announcement gallery

MONROE, Ga. - The U.S. Army All-American Bowl selection tour has been rolling through the state of Georgia with stops to announce the selections of Corey Moore, Avery Walls and Damian Swann. On Wednesday another name was added to the roster out of the Peach State and it is a name that is familiar to recruiting enthusiasts not only in Georgia but around the country.

Stephon Tuitt has led an amazing turnaround for Monroe Area this season.
Stephon Tuitt was officially announced as a member of the 2011 U.S. Army All-American Bowl roster on Wednesday afternoon at his Monroe Area school. Tuitt is the top strongside defensive end in the country and a prospect that is as close as any to earning five-star status. Needless to say, he is qualified.

At 6 feet 5, 260 pounds, Tuitt has dominated the camp circuit but more importantly, he's dominated on Friday nights. After an 0-10 season last fall, Tuitt has led his team to a 4-0 start to the 2010 season and a defense that has given up 16 total points and no more than seven to any one opponent is a big reason why.

Monroe Area head coach Matt Fligg credits Tuitt's attitude for his success as much as anything else.

"Stephon is the most unselfish player I've coached," Fligg said on Wednesday. "During his two year recruiting process he always spoke about the season and the team. He brought more attention to his teammates?He puts the term 'student' in student-athlete."

That complete package of ability and character made Tuitt an easy selection to compete in the Army game and Tuitt was honored for the opportunity.

"I was very honored," Tuitt said. "Not a lot of people get a chance to do something like this. It's amazing. I'm blessed. I just give thanks to my family, my coaches and my teammates. A lot of hard work paid off for this."

Tuitt has already tested himself against some of the top players in the country at events like the FBU Top Gun camp but he looks forward to this event as another opportunity to test himself and prove himself.

"I'm blessed to get a chance to play against the top players in the nation and go against them and make me better," he said. "I'm going to go out there and compete and compete against top competition and get stronger. I'm looking forward to going against the top players, meeting new people, having fun, doing my job and showing the world that I can play the game of football. And hopefully the East wins."

With great size, Tuitt is the type of player that has the speed and athleticism to rush the edge but also has the size and strength to play inside as the perfect strongside defensive end. According to his coach, Tuitt's athleticism may be unique but his motor sets him apart.

"The one element that makes Tuitt go is his desire to get to the ball," Fligg said. "He is one player that believes and goes snap to whistle."

Tuitt also attributes his success on the field to his football IQ.

"To me, I read plays real easily," he said. "I read plays so easily that I can have a good motor. I come off the ball, my power has increased, I have great speed. I just try to shut down my side. I want to make sure the team running to my side is really not a threat. I want to make sure they run on the other side every time."

That mentality drew offers from the top programs around the country and Tuitt surprised many by selecting Notre Dame this fall as his college destination. His commitment to Notre Dame creates one of the nation's top defensive end duos with Tuitt and Rivals100 prospect Aaron Lynch both committed to play for the Fighting Irish.

With his selection to the Army game, Tuitt joins a long lineage of Irish prospects that have starred in San Antonio. While there is still plenty of time before National Signing Day, Tuitt expects that his recruitment is over with his commitment to Brian Kelly.

"Right now I'm pretty much done," he said. "I'm not really looking into anything else. With the future, you never know but right now I'm pretty much done."

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1133181

NDisNCin2010
http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1133181
gonrats to Stephon on the AA Game invite...not sure im too happy with quote in the last paragraph though

Synoptico
http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/880/F732474.jpg
http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/880/F732473.jpg

Synoptico
09-30-2010, 12:47 PM
http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/880/F732475.jpg
http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/880/F732470.jpg

Synoptico
09-30-2010, 12:48 PM
http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1133181
gonrats to Stephon on the AA Game invite...not sure im too happy with quote in the last paragraph though

Beat you by That much

IrishFan123
09-30-2010, 01:18 PM
Anyone else keeping a watchfull eye on this kid?

DublinIrish
09-30-2010, 01:20 PM
dude was on a 0-10 team and he still worked his butt off, fair play :)

HoffVir
09-30-2010, 01:21 PM
Moma Tuitt has style.

stew654
09-30-2010, 01:43 PM
Yah when ma is wearing ND gear you know its all good

Irishlaw
09-30-2010, 01:57 PM
this is one of those recruits that makes me worry every time i see something new posted in his profile. theres one every year. its nothing against stephon personally, hes just so important to the future of the program that ill be crossing my fingers til signing day

NDGirlzRock
09-30-2010, 04:11 PM
Well you can easily see where Mom wants him to go!!! And something tells me that Stephon values his mothers opinion very much!!! Well done Stephon and an extremely well done to Ms. Tuitt for raising an exceptional young man!!! :clover:

IrishFan123
10-05-2010, 09:05 PM
Tuitt said in a Rivals interview that he is 100% Committed and will not take any other visits.

NDisNCin2010
10-06-2010, 09:49 AM
Tuitt said in a Rivals interview that he is 100% Committed and will not take any other visits.

and thats that.

GO IRISH!!

NDgrandson
10-09-2010, 03:24 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs792.snc4/67245_450434418307_231266958307_5326205_6523581_n. jpg

Unfair

NDIRISH44
10-09-2010, 07:47 AM
poor QB

wicket
10-09-2010, 08:08 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs792.snc4/67245_450434418307_231266958307_5326205_6523581_n. jpg

Unfair

good form tackling

Pete
10-09-2010, 10:08 AM

Unfair

That QB looks like he is in about 6th grade when he's next to Stephon. Dude is is big.

lowayne
10-09-2010, 10:46 AM
I don't think Stephon even felt anything when he ran through that poor QB.

NDGirlzRock
10-09-2010, 11:31 AM
He wraps up nicely!!!

step30044
10-09-2010, 12:23 PM

Unfair

I was like wow....... its got to be photoshop dude is HUUGE

DublinIrish
10-09-2010, 02:34 PM
if he drove that dude to the turf...!

therizz
10-09-2010, 05:15 PM

He is a big dude, but that quarterback is 5'10" 150lbs

IrishCrasher
10-09-2010, 07:47 PM
Great pic! He is a beast! It looks like he is playing the JV team

sreepointer
10-09-2010, 09:47 PM

I thought the same thing. I thought that looked like a D1 player against a junior high school player.

zimmsbg78
10-28-2010, 11:49 AM
Lemming's top ten DL for 2011.........(with video)................

http://video.maxpreps.com/video/T355oRX6g0mghGQvN3S5GA/XXsufLknQUi1HWfBGDbDyQ/featured-videos/maxpreps-lemming-report---week-7.htm

wicket
10-28-2010, 11:50 AM
Lemming's top ten DL for 2011.........(with video)................

http://video.maxpreps.com/video/T355oRX6g0mghGQvN3S5GA/XXsufLknQUi1HWfBGDbDyQ/featured-videos/maxpreps-lemming-report---week-7.htm

posts in this thread scare me

zimmsbg78
10-28-2010, 11:53 AM
posts in this thread scare me

My bad...........I actually thought about not posting this in Stephon's or Aaron's thread in fear of someone jumping off a cliff.

wicket
10-28-2010, 12:03 PM
My bad...........I actually thought about not posting this in Stephon's or Aaron's thread in fear of someone jumping off a cliff.

its not that bad

NDIRISH44
10-28-2010, 12:16 PM
i soiled my pants at work after opening the new posts for today.

Synoptico
11-02-2010, 11:21 AM
Struggles aside, Stephon Tuitt plans to stick with Notre Dame

10:00 am November 2, 2010, by Chip Towers

THE TEN AT 10:

1. In the past couple of weeks, as Notre Dame struggled on the football field it has also struggled to hold onto recruits. It has lost three four-star commitments so far in defensive ends Clay Burton and Aaron Lynch and offensive tackle Jordan Prestwood. But they’re not going to lose their four-star defensive end from Georgia.

At least that’s what Stephon Tuitt told me this week. The 6-foot-5, 260-pound Monroe Area star told me he’s sticking with the Fighting Irish regardless of how this season shakes out.

“It just makes me more determined,” Tuitt said. “I’m going to Notre Dame for football, but that’s not the only thing I’m going there for. I’m also going for the school and the academics and the history and the tradition. None of that has changed.”

Tuitt said as he watches the Irish play it becomes more evident how he can help then on defense.

“It’s kind of like our school,” he said. “We had a couple of bad seasons. But we worked really hard and fought our way through it and got better and now we’re winning.”

Monroe Area was 0-20 the previous two seasons. The Purple Hurricanes (8-1) face Lumpkin County in a Region 8AAA play-in game Friday.

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2010/11/02/ten10-struggles-aside-stephon-tuitt-plans-to-stick-with-notre-dame/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Some good news

irishunclebill
11-02-2010, 11:25 AM
http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2010/11/02/ten10-struggles-aside-stephon-tuitt-plans-to-stick-with-notre-dame/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Some good news

Certainly more detailed and promising than the now infamous 10/16 quote of a former verbal commit to ND.

sreepointer
11-02-2010, 11:33 AM
Whew! Everytime I see an update on a committed player I get scared. When is Feb. going to be here?

IrishinTN
11-02-2010, 11:45 AM
Finally, a recruit who can see the forest for the trees! He was my favorite recruit since he committed and I can't wait to see him dress for Notre Dame.

Synoptico
11-02-2010, 11:54 AM
Certainly more detailed and promising than the now infamous 10/16 quote of a former verbal commit to ND.

Yeah. The other thing that makes me really believe him is how his high school team struggled and he has used that as a positive to turn it around instead of coming from a school that has never lost which could freak the kid out more.

NDIRISH44
11-02-2010, 12:16 PM
i probably should've read these posts before i pooped in my office chair.

BigIrish
11-02-2010, 12:47 PM
“It just makes me more determined,” Tuitt said. “I’m going to Notre Dame for football, but that’s not the only thing I’m going there for. I’m also going for the school and the academics and the history and the tradition. None of that has changed.”

its quotes like this that help bring some perspective to a recruiting industry built on provocative story lines and flavor of the month teams. Here is a kid who understands that choosing a college is about more than just football and when kids see that, ND has a tremendous advantage. He also happens to be an exceptional football player.

Regardless of wins and losses, there are always going to be smart kids out there with their heads screwed on straight and also happen to be talented athletes. The key is for Kelly and co. to find 20 - 25 of them per year. Winning makes that job easier, but losing isn't going to make it impossible.

irishunclebill
11-14-2010, 08:14 PM

its quotes like this that help bring some perspective to a recruiting industry built on provocative story lines and flavor of the month teams. Here is a kid who understands that choosing a college is about more than just football and when kids see that, ND has a tremendous advantage. He also happens to be an exceptional football player.

Regardless of wins and losses, there are always going to be smart kids out there with their heads screwed on straight and also happen to be talented athletes. The key is for Kelly and co. to find 20 - 25 of them per year. Winning makes that job easier, but losing isn't going to make it impossible.

Recruits like Tuitt also make me discount the "he's only 17-18 years old" excuse that we so often hear when guys like Lynch de-commit. That excuse is an insult to guys like Tuitt and the vast majority of other HS Seniors who make a committment and stick to it. Hard as it is for us to believe, the Lynch's are the exceptions, not the norm.

NDGirlzRock
11-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Unfortunately, there are so many kids that think their talent will carry them into working on Sundays!!! The sad reality is that many major college programs fill their heads and stroke their egos, to the point wear they don't think that they need that education!!! Just look at the talented guys lately that have a career ending injury!!! The have the PREMIUM ND education to fall back on to live the rest of their lives!!! Okay so if they are talented enough to make it to Sundays, but again you need the education to keep that money and invest it wisely!!! So many of these guys get paid millions up front and then spend spend spend on crap and their "crew", their family, their baby mamas!!! And bam, their career ends after 3 to 5 years and they are flat broke!!! Get that education cause you never know what is going to happen!!!

zimmsbg78
11-23-2010, 10:37 AM
http://footballrecruiting.247sports.com/Article/Stephon-Tuitt-is-all-Irish-6419

Stephon Tuitt, 2011 Notre Dame commit has led his Monroe Area Purple Hurricanes to the 3rd round of the Georgia High School playoffs. His team is currently sitting at 11-1, which is even more impressive considering his team was 0-10 last year. Monroe Area will take on defending state champions Sandy Creek this week.

Although Tuitt has been committed to Notre Dame for some time now schools are still contacting him.

"I hear a lot from Auburn, LSU, Georgia Tech and Florida," said Tuitt. " I am still committed to Notre Dame and I am not taking any visits."

Despite Notre Dame not having the best season, Tuitt knows first hand from his Monroe team that teams can turn around in one season.

"I know Notre Dame is having a bad season, but just like us, you can work hard in the off season and get things turned around," he said."There is no doubt in my mind that things will get turned around in South Bend and I can't wait to get there."

NDisNCin2010
11-23-2010, 10:38 AM
dont make me nervous posting on the committed kids threads...especially on Tuitts!!

cliff
11-23-2010, 10:53 AM
This almost gave me a heart attack...to me Tuitt and Hegarty (right up the road from me) are the two most important recruits we have now....and the Atkinson boys...:)

lowayne
11-23-2010, 11:11 AM
This almost gave me a heart attack...to me Tuitt and Hegarty (right up the road from me) are the two most important recruits we have now....and the Atkinson boys...:)

We still have a number of studs in this class and some more may be joining. Chins up indeed.

NDisNCin2010
11-23-2010, 11:21 AM
We still have a number of studs in this class and some more may be joining. Chins up indeed.

i agree...we do have some studs for sure, let's not lose sight of that...we need to hold on to who we have and hope/pray the staff can reel in some more...lot of time left and im sure there is going to be a lot of drama between now and NSD.

step30044
11-23-2010, 11:30 AM
dont make me nervous posting on the committed kids threads...especially on Tuitts!!

Scared the crap outta me

wicket
12-14-2010, 02:18 PM
Well im sorry guys but this is the one.

Visiting Auburn this weekend

iisscared

IloveChrisZorich
12-14-2010, 02:24 PM

iisscared

ouch, that one hurts

publicola
12-14-2010, 02:28 PM
that'd be hard to overcome

Irish Joe
12-14-2010, 02:31 PM
not cool

Dacian_Irish
12-14-2010, 02:43 PM
Do you have a link? Is this serious?

IrishCrasher
12-14-2010, 02:43 PM

iisscared

Source Wicket???

wicket
12-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Source Wicket???

auburn (I believe rivals) is reporting him as a visitor, im just relaying stuff

JMR8
12-14-2010, 02:51 PM
NO! not cool. I didn't see anythting anywhere, but if so him and Huggins might be there together.

Oh how recruiting can be a ball buster....ND Can not lose him! Huge piece of this class and our future.

IrishCrasher
12-14-2010, 02:52 PM
Boy this would suck losing him. Doesnt seem like the type of kid that would flip flop after the things he has said, but if its an OV, I guess anything can happen and has in recruiting. Quick BK get on the phone with him.

NDisNCin2010
12-14-2010, 03:24 PM
at drews behest, over the summer, tuitt visitied auburn
for chrissakes why couldnt it be the other way around (tuitt gettng drew to ND)
i bet drew getting him to go again
how far does tuitt live from auburn ( i know its close to atlanta)

well it would continue the tradition of us losing guys to programs that become sanctioned by the NCAA at a later date

you know what if this is true i just give up already this whole recruiting biz is a joke wake me when its over

i'm out

irishunclebill
12-14-2010, 03:39 PM
The Auburn "list" also includes Christian Westerman and a lot of other highly rated recruits that seem unlikely, so I'd wait for some type of confirmation from Tuitt or an ND source before going too crazy about this.

HoffVir
12-14-2010, 03:41 PM
I less than three IUB and his rational brain.

lowayne
12-14-2010, 03:45 PM
You can't stop this panic bus now. VROOOM

Really, maybe this is a new technique for negative recruiting.

1. Fabricate a visit for a committed prospect.
2. Wait for fanbase of the committed to school to freak out on the prospect, likely via facebook, and drive prospect to loathe fanbase and decommit.
3. Profit.

NDisNCin2010
12-14-2010, 03:48 PM

2. Wait for fanbase of the committed to school to freak out on the prospect, likely via facebook, and drive prospect to loathe fanbase and decommit.
3. Profit.

ours is just the fanbase to fall for it hook line and sinker

HoffVir
12-14-2010, 03:48 PM

3. Profit.

I wouldn't put it past anyone these days to do just that.

http://api.ning.com/files/d9GfcsBFLCbPLHdMI5AEd-H9D7nfAl6ijVqHKyfAnaoElEipkAeKsQI86XnwXhTm4PZlBcE4 qocEhtN3hqCtobt0TguCSXUf/UGnome.jpg

irishunclebill
12-14-2010, 03:59 PM
I wouldn't put it past anyone these days to do just that.

http://api.ning.com/files/d9GfcsBFLCbPLHdMI5AEd-H9D7nfAl6ijVqHKyfAnaoElEipkAeKsQI86XnwXhTm4PZlBcE4 qocEhtN3hqCtobt0TguCSXUf/UGnome.jpg

It is actually possible that the source for all of this is non-premium Auburn affiliated message board, in other words an Auburn GH. That is the only site that I have seen that shows Tuitt as a visitor. The visit is obviously also being talked about on the Auburn Rivals premium message board, but for all we know their source could also be that non-premium message board. Nothing surprises me any more so I won't be shocked if Tuitt is visiting. I'm just going to wait to hear it from him or his coach before I put too much stock in that happening.

notredomer23
12-14-2010, 04:06 PM
I'll be shocked if true. he seemed solid.

irishunclebill
12-14-2010, 04:08 PM
At least one ND premium site is now confirming the visit. IDK whether that confirmation is directly from Tuitt but there you go.

ndfb
12-14-2010, 04:20 PM
He is still wearing his ND sweater on Facebook.

notredomer23
12-14-2010, 04:22 PM
i guess we gotta let it play out. whatever you do anyone who is friends with him on facebook please don't ask him about this

CincyDamer
12-14-2010, 04:22 PM
No Signs Of Truth Behind Tuitt Rumors ... headline from ISD article

Smoke and mirrors

irishunclebill
12-14-2010, 04:47 PM
No Signs Of Truth Behind Tuitt Rumors ... headline from ISD article

Smoke and mirrors

Battle of the boards on this one although it needs to be pointed out that the ND board who is confirming the Tuitt Auburn visit is part of a new network so it is possible their info may be coming through that new network and not from anyone directly connected to Tuitt. The ISD info is coming from a teammate of Tuitt, guess who?

CincyDamer
12-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Battle of the boards on this one although it needs to be pointed out that the ND board who is confirming the Tuitt Auburn visit is part of a new network so it is possible their info may be coming through that new network and not from anyone directly connected to Tuitt. The ISD info is coming from a teammate of Tuitt, guess who?
2012 recruit whitehead?

morrdave9
12-14-2010, 05:00 PM
yes, as well as his (Tuitt's) mom.

irishunclebill
12-14-2010, 05:04 PM

I was not really thrilled with Ma Tuitt's response though, at least not the way it was reported.

In any case the Rivals UGA people are saying there is no indication of a visit, but the Auburn people are saying there will be one, although even they admit that it is not confirmed.

Synoptico
12-14-2010, 05:05 PM

Yeah in reading it I thought the mom quote was more telling than the teammate. If he is going, and his mom doesn't know about it, how serious is he looking?

Johnnie1982
12-14-2010, 06:33 PM
http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/blogs/rumors-blog

Few Signs Of Truth Behind Tuitt Rumors

ISD - Irish Sports Daily has heard the rumors about Monroe, Ga., defensive end and current Notre Dame commit Stephon Tuitt possibly taking a visit to Auburn. We have checked with a few sources on this and as far as we can tell right now, they’re just that…rumors.

Irish Sports Daily’s Bryan Driskell was able to reach Tuitt’s mother at home on Tuesday, but Tuitt was still at school for basketball. Tuitt’s mother had no idea about any possible visit to Auburn.

“I haven’t heard anything about that, but I’ll have him call,” she said.

Irish Sports Daily’s Brian Town reached out to Tuitt’s teammate, junior Kenderius Whitehead, who is also a Notre Dame recruit. Whitehead too said he had no knowledge of Tuitt even considering a visit to Auburn and said he strongly doubts those reports are true.

ISD hopes to catch up with Tuitt later this evening and will continue to try to find out whether the rumors are true or not.

...Plus ND has a home visit with him this week

wernd50
12-14-2010, 09:17 PM
HHe is a stud. I didn't mind losing Lynch because we had him. &e seemed solid when things were looking disastrous so why would he flip now?@

IrishCrasher
12-14-2010, 09:34 PM
Maybe he is a TSV to Auburn?

SpanishElite
12-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Ya rumors!

notredomer23
12-14-2010, 09:56 PM
per his facebook. yes i am friends with him on here. no i do never ever make contact.

i cant believe i'm already in my second semester of classes school is flying bye...lol no worries because i cant wait till i set my feet down on my college ground for four years of college football...NBC all day

cliff
12-14-2010, 09:56 PM
What is a TSV?

HoffVir
12-14-2010, 11:03 PM
Pete Sampson's (in)famous The Secret Visitor

IrishCrasher
12-16-2010, 02:38 PM
No news in this thread right now is not good news. SMH

NDisNCin2010
12-16-2010, 04:06 PM
so alford is going to see Tuitt.
when? i heard this week prior to the alleged AU visit.
if so why in the hell isnt kelly going too?
BK needs to get down to Georgia...chizik is lookin for a soul to steal

Synoptico
12-16-2010, 04:09 PM
so alford is going to see Tuitt.
when? i heard this week prior to the alleged AU visit.
if so why in the hell isnt kelly going too?
BK needs to get down to Georgia...chizik is lookin for a soul to steal

Head Coaches can only visit a prospect once... they may be saving it for later, especially if Alford and Tuitt have a good relationship

NDisNCin2010
12-16-2010, 04:21 PM
Head Coaches can only visit a prospect once... they may be saving it for later, especially if Alford and Tuitt have a good relationship

my worry is that later may be too late Syn

Synoptico
12-16-2010, 04:38 PM
my worry is that later may be too late Syn

Gotcha...

IrishFan123
12-16-2010, 08:14 PM
http://www.southbendtribune.com/article/20101216/SPORTS13/101219661/-1/XML

rebuildtherocket
12-16-2010, 08:44 PM
Where theres smoke theres fire. I new there was some truth to this. Pisses me off to see this, makes me want to just ignore recruiting until signing day. Ive gotten to the point where a verbal doesnt mean shit to me. Players shouldnt even be able to verbal just say who you pick on NSD.

domehead1
12-16-2010, 09:04 PM
As long as he has that ND in front of his name..I am good. We have all been here before..every year..some one us with different recruits. It is what it is..is he important? Very. Will it hurt if he flips? Eff yeah. We have felt it before and will feel it again..that's a fact..that's why we love this shit...no matter how pissed we get.
I hope he listens to God and family and makes the right decision...knowing that he did consult the aforementioned will make it all the more sweeter if he stays Irish.

imo

domehead1
12-16-2010, 09:05 PM
Look, I can write something without the words "beer" or "porn" in it.
Therapy is helping :)

MoeMontana
12-16-2010, 09:18 PM
I hope he stays. Jesus. If his mother didn't know anything about this early in the week then I imagine it's not really something he's been thinking. Since Alford is visiting that should be good, hopefully he makes a definite statement about staying with Notre Dame.

Our coaches should go all-out negative against Auburn though.

irishunclebill
12-16-2010, 09:22 PM
The SBT article is just regurgitating info that was posted on this board 2 days ago. Subsequent to that both ISD and Rivals contacted people close to Tuitt who knew nothing of the visit. To this point no one that I know of has spoken directly to Tuitt to confirm whether or not he is going on the visit. Those are the facts people. That does not mean he is not going on the visit but the SBT article changes nothing that we already knew.

athanjohn
12-16-2010, 09:42 PM
Guys it looks like Hansen is behind the curve on this one he only has the same info that started all of this.

MoeMontana
12-16-2010, 09:44 PM
Guys it looks like Hansen is behind the curve on this one he only has the same info that started all of this.

I pray you and Uncle Bill are right. I'd hate to lose Tuitt.

NDisNCin2010
12-16-2010, 10:11 PM
or

his Mom knew all along he was taking the visit...she thought it was all quiet, no one knew-then got blindsided by the ISD phone call...and was covering for him...theres been not a peep out of tuitt clan since this broke...which IMHO makes this all the more dire (for ND).

we've all been here before...and though we wont/cant admit it...know full well how this story usually ends.

MoeMontana
12-16-2010, 10:31 PM
From the sounds of it she didn't know.

NDisNCin2010
12-16-2010, 10:34 PM
From the sounds of it she didn't know.

think man think

cliff
12-16-2010, 10:39 PM
I think she knew....if I was Tuitt and I was Solid...I would of called and said IM SOLID. That is what bothers me most...he is not saying anything....

BigIrish
12-16-2010, 10:43 PM
there's no real point in even speculating if she knows or doesn't know if he is or isn't taking a visit to Auburn. all these stories are built upon hearsay and rumors, and even if it can be confirmed that she did in fact say that she knew nothing of a visit, we can't possibly know the context in which she said it or the whether she was being truthful in the statement. that's not a knock against his mother at all - it's just the nature of recruiting and it's quasi-journalists motivated by agendas that aren't always tied to legitimate sources and thorough fact checking.

until we get a direct quote from Tuitt himself confirming his visit or his commitment (or lack thereof) to ND, everything else is idle speculation to pass the time.

NDisNCin2010
12-16-2010, 10:48 PM
there's no real point in even speculating if she knows or doesn't know if he is or isn't taking a visit to Auburn. all these stories are built upon hearsay and rumors, and even if it can be confirmed that she did in fact say that she knew nothing of a visit, we can't possibly know the context in which she said it or the whether she was being truthful in the statement. that's not a knock against his mother at all - it's just the nature of recruiting and it's quasi-journalists motivated by agendas that aren't always tied to legitimate sources and thorough fact checking.

until we get a direct quote from Tuitt himself confirming his visit or his commitment (or lack thereof) to ND, everything else is idle speculation to pass the time.

BI
did you read the ISD article? they quoted her...then said they would try call ST after his hoops practice...not a peep since.
i'd quote it here but ISD just went to new site and cant rem my old user id and password

christ i hope im areading this all wrong on this, i really do, but i dont think i am

if i was betting man from all ive read id say he is taking the visit. again hope the hell im wrong

wernd50
12-16-2010, 10:54 PM
If we lose him I will lose my faith in humanity. He seemed so solid

Domer Dog
12-16-2010, 11:01 PM
If we lose him I will lose my faith in humanity. He seemed so solid

I don't know about humanity, but I would be concerned about this staff's ability to hang onto to top level recruits. A lot of folks were concerned about Kelly and Co. when they came aboard about whether they could recruit the top tier kids. They came out of the gate strong and signed a bunch of top tier players. Now, many of those players have decommitted, whether by negative recruiting or our lack of follow-up, and they have been replaced in some instances by lower level players (at least if you believe the rating services). I think this staff can tell talent when they see it, but I for one, would like to see a few of the 5 star players or high 4's stay on board.

Domer Dog
12-16-2010, 11:05 PM
Not implying anything, but I was watching that SMU show detailing their past. It was interesting, but amazing how many teams were buying talent back then. Obviously others still do it, but it was interesting.

DirtySecret
12-16-2010, 11:06 PM
I don't know about humanity, but I would be concerned about this staff's ability to hang onto to top level recruits. A lot of folks were concerned about Kelly and Co. when they came aboard about whether they could recruit the top tier kids. They came out of the gate strong and signed a bunch of top tier players. Now, many of those players have decommitted, whether by negative recruiting or our lack of follow-up, and they have been replaced in some instances by lower level players (at least if you believe the rating services). I think this staff can tell talent when they see it, but I for one, would like to see a few of the 5 star players or high 4's stay on board.

Very very good obsveration..

HoffVir
12-16-2010, 11:11 PM
Welcome to recruiting, kids. Get used to it.

This Tuitt situation isn't anything new and besides, nothing has happened ... yet.

BigIrish
12-16-2010, 11:19 PM
BI
did you read the ISD article? they quoted her...then said they would try call ST after his hoops practice...not a peep since.
i'd quote it here but ISD just went to new site and cant rem my old user id and password

christ i hope im areading this all wrong on this, i really do, but i dont think i am

if i was betting man from all ive read id say he is taking the visit. again hope the hell im wrong

yup, i read it. but the problem with that article and most other recruiting articles is that quotes are routinely taken out of context, paraphrased, or regurgitated. i don't know what was said right before or after that quote. i'm not calling the ISD guys liars, or Tuitt's mother. but i have a degree in journalism, and have both written articles and been quoted numerous times in local newspapers over the years, and i can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that even among "credentialed" journalists, misquotes are used and abused all the time.

In my experience, the most common thing you hear a person say immediately after reading an article in which they've been quoted is "I never said that."

wade into the murky psuedo-journalistic world of recruiting and it goes downhill from there. As IUB has already pointed out, the hard "facts" in this story are pretty thin to date, and there are any number of reasons why Tuitt might not be speaking to the average recruiting guru that hounds him day and night for info. so for all we think we know about Tuitt and the decisions he's making about his future, we really know very little.

that's why IMO, we can speculate all we want, but until he gives a direct quote, we can read very little into his current mindset or actions.

BigIrish
12-16-2010, 11:23 PM

we all would like to see the elite players hang on, but when you suffer through the type of issues we struggled through this season, some guys lose faith and have a change of heart. that said, i think if you take a look around the recruiting scene nationally, ND isn't alone in the decommitments. we were the beneficiary of a half dozen flips in our favor last year, and in the absence of an early signing period, decommits are increasingly becoming the norm.

marv81s
12-16-2010, 11:54 PM

who have they truly lost?

Lynch was always FSU, he went with ND to make his momma happy, when all along he wanted FSU. FSU mods and their fans knew the day he gave a verbal to ND that he wasn't going to stick with it. Can't lose what you never had

Same with Prestwood.

Clay Burton went with ND as a back up. He was a gayturd without the offer and when he got it, he was gone. There was absolutely nothing ND could have done to stop his desire to play with his brother.

Justice Hayes was/is a flake, a f'n diva flake. harsh, but true. His reasoning for bolting from ND, coaching instability, then he flips to michigan (sucks)? Yeah, ok, its the staff's fault for losing him? Really? I'm not saying I agree and think the staff has been perfect in their recruiting strategy. There are some offers that I question and the same for a couple I thought should have been offered, but considering what the team has gone through this year and this being the first year of "big time" recruiting for most on this staff, I think they have done a damn good job this year

and from everything I have seen. Tuitt is still ND. I don't even know where the smoke is really coming from. An Auburn mod/writers wish list on rivals where they said he MAY visit and they give themselves a 10% chance of getting him to play OL at auburn and all of ND nation, well almost all, is shitting themselves. Maybe, just maybe Tuitt is f'n sick and tired of saying 1000x a week that he is solid to ND. Everytime he does an interview he has to say it.

I'll start worrying when I see another offer to a DE goes out. Till then there isn't a damn thing I can do about it and whining about "losing" another D-line blue chip prospect isn't going to change dick. Shit happens and its all part of recruiting and its just getting worse and worse every year and every team goes through it. Even teams like Florida, LSU, USC, etc goes through it. It only seems worse for ND because that is all any of us follow religiously.

straw or bridge is my advice to anyone that is worried about this

lowayne
12-17-2010, 12:52 AM
In my experience, the most common thing you hear a person say immediately after reading an article in which they've been quoted is "I never said that."

Emphasized for unilateral truth.

JDNDSyrnafan
12-17-2010, 06:55 AM
As long as he has that ND in front of his name..I am good. We have all been here before..every year..some one us with different recruits. It is what it is..is he important? Very. Will it hurt if he flips? Eff yeah. We have felt it before and will feel it again..that's a fact..that's why we love this shit...no matter how pissed we get.
I hope he listens to God and family and makes the right decision...knowing that he did consult the aforementioned will make it all the more sweeter if he stays Irish.

imo

can do about it. Someone really needs to get the graduation data in his head. Tuitt seems to be serious about the meaning of the degree. The fact that ND's graduation rate of the general student body is so much higher than Auburn, shows the quality of the student body. It also shows the faculty and the administration care about the over all experience of all of the students,

Dayton_Domer
12-17-2010, 09:30 AM
maybe he just wants another steak dinner ;)

IloveChrisZorich
12-17-2010, 09:42 AM
Somebody needs to get Stephon to check out these numbers.

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2010/12/11/12_11_10_graduation_gap_bowl/

NDisNCin2010
12-17-2010, 09:56 AM
wow
that should go into every letter we send to every recruit

irishunclebill
12-17-2010, 11:20 AM
wow
that should go into every letter we send to every recruit

Why? The fact that overall only 55% of FBS scholarship players actually graduate with most categories having a less than 50% actual graduation rate tells you all you need to know about the relative importance of those numbers.

How many guys have we seen in the last 5 years who say over and over again that academics is of the utmost importance to them in making their college choice and then they end up selecting a school where 40% is the actual graduation rate and in some cases where the category actual graduation rate is less than 30%. The reality is that the "academics card" is something that is mostly just lip service because that is what these kids are taught to say to the recruiting media.

NDisNCin2010
12-17-2010, 11:29 AM
Why? The fact that overall only 55% of FBS scholarship players actually graduate with most categories having a less than 50% actual graduation rate tells you all you need to know about the relative importance of those numbers.

How many guys have we seen in the last 5 years who say over and over again that academics is of the utmost importance to them in making their college choice and then they end up selecting a school where 40% is the actual graduation rate and in some cases where the category actual graduation rate is less than 30%. The reality is that the "academics card" is something that is mostly just lip service because that is what these kids are taught to say to the recruiting media.

well maybe the reason for the phenomenon you describe is that they made their decision with their family without ever seeing the stats laid out like that in black and white (pun intended)
i know we get burned by the footbal facotries out there but i choose to have a little more faith in these kids that would/could possibly make it into ND. hell how could it hurt us could only help us IMO

Synoptico
12-17-2010, 11:41 AM
well maybe the reason for the phenomenon you describe is that they made their decision with their family without ever seeing the stats laid out like that in black and white (pun intended)
i know we get burned by the footbal facotries out there but i choose to have a little more faith in these kids that would/could possibly make it into ND. hell how could it hurt us could only help us IMO

I would imagine graduation rates get brought up by recruiters. It is also easy to skew the numbers or spin them since they are old (gotta give players tome to graduate) so a coach like Chizik can say that the numbers are down because of the previous coaching staff.

irishunclebill
12-17-2010, 11:41 AM

I have no doubt that ND in their presentation to these recruits already shows each and every one ND's academic success relative to other schools as a selling point. It just doesn't mean all that much in too many instances. If Tuitt ends up fliiping to Auburn he will just be another case in point of both that and the academic lip service syndrome.

Revolver
12-17-2010, 11:42 AM
Unfortunately, most kids simply want to win and win big. And they want to take the path of least resistance in doing it. These kids are concerned about football, not studying.

Untill ND wins big, they will always be behind the 8 ball to these football factories. It's just that simple.

Hopefully kelly and staff are learning about national recruiting in more intimate detail and will make adjustments going forward. Like, (internally of course) do not count kids from the south towards your recruiting class count untill they are signed sealed and delivered.

Who knows though? Maybe neither Tuitt nor Ishaq make any visits this weekend.

oops.

irishunclebill
12-17-2010, 11:43 AM
I would imagine graduation rates get brought up by recruiters. It is also easy to skew the numbers or spin them since they are old (gotta give players tome to graduate) so a coach like Chizik can say that the numbers are down because of the previous coaching staff.

Plus like Urbie always did the football factory coaches spin the GSR numbers, which were purposefully devised by the NCAA to allow those coaches to do so. At one point in time the NCAA stats had a GSR of 80% for Florida when the actual graduation rate was only 42%.

Synoptico
12-17-2010, 11:49 AM
Plus like Urbie always did the football factory coaches spin the GSR numbers, which were purposefully devised by the NCAA to allow those coaches to do so. At one point in time the NCAA stats had a GSR of 80% for Florida when the actual graduation rate was only 42%.

Yeah, having worked with the numbers it is easy to spin along with transfers "bad apples" and the like.

jcamp
12-17-2010, 11:51 AM
Playing catch up...Is/has Tuitt visited Auburn?

publicola
12-17-2010, 11:54 AM
Playing catch up...Is/has Tuitt visited Auburn?

He reportedly is arriving today for his official visit to Auburn.

stew654
12-17-2010, 11:55 AM
:alcoholic::bugeyes:

DirtySecret
12-17-2010, 12:49 PM
:alcoholic::bugeyes:

Quit bogarting the bottle and pass it to me...

:alcoholic:

Someone please tell me it's going to be okay..

JDNDSyrnafan
12-17-2010, 01:22 PM

This is criminal.

irishunclebill
12-17-2010, 01:29 PM
This is criminal.

Caveat Emptor.

NDisNCin2010
12-17-2010, 01:39 PM
so...did alford etc (or any ND coach) visit with Tuitt before he left?

irishunclebill
12-17-2010, 01:46 PM
so...did alford etc (or any ND coach) visit with Tuitt before he left?

No one seems to know the answer to that on the ND side, or anything else for that matter. All of the visit talk is being funneled from Auburn sources to ND. In fact the only news any ND people have received directly from the Tuitt group will have turned out to be fabrications if Tuitt does show up at Auburn today and spends the weekend. All of which is a disturbingly familiar scenario to ND fans.

ChicagoIrish
12-17-2010, 02:00 PM
FWIW, rivals is showing a 12/17 visit date for Mr. Tuitt to Auburn. No idea if this is being driven by the same source as the rest of these rumors, but my understanding is that rivals usually doesn't just run with someone else's info on these things. not encouraging. we'll see...

XMEN
12-17-2010, 02:00 PM
The numbers posted in the article are alarming to say the least. Its clear that a vast majority of the schools simply pay lip service to the concept of graduating their players. I would love to see the NCAA institute the following rule: in order to be bowl eligible the school must have a 70% graduation rate for both black and white players! Okay I am living in dreamland. How about a modified rule: Schools with graduation rates over 70% get an extra 3 scholarships per year; over 80% get an extra 5 scholarships a year and over 90% and extra 7 scholarship per year. Seriously, what is wrong with rewarding institutions that actually embrace the concept of a student athelte?

irishunclebill
12-17-2010, 02:04 PM
FWIW, rivals is showing a 12/17 visit date for Mr. Tuitt to Auburn. No idea if this is being driven by the same source as the rest of these rumors, but my understanding is that rivals usually doesn't just run with someone else's info on these things. not encouraging. we'll see...

That is controlled by the individual sites so the Auburn people posted that. FYI, Christian Westerman is also on that list so I'm sure the Texas boards are in a bit of a tizzy too, although they can afford to be less tizzy than us. All of that being said even though we still don't have confirmation from an ND source or Tuitt himself that is visiting, the way this has played out strongly indicates that he is.

irishunclebill
12-17-2010, 02:07 PM
The numbers posted in the article are alarming to say the least. Its clear that a vast majority of the schools simply pay lip service to the concept of graduating their players. I would love to see the NCAA institute the following rule: in order to be bowl eligible the school must have a 70% graduation rate for both black and white players! Okay I am living in dreamland. How about a modified rule: Schools with graduation rates over 70% get an extra 3 scholarships per year; over 80% get an extra 5 scholarships a year and over 90% and extra 7 scholarship per year. Seriously, what is wrong with rewarding institutions that actually embrace the concept of a student athelte?

They are even more alarming when you consider the fact that like most media articles on NCAA graduation rates they use GSR instead of the actual graduation rates which are far worse.

irishunclebill
12-17-2010, 02:16 PM
BTW, I'm not sure where the author of that graduation gap is getting his numbers from but they are not from the latest GSR's from the NCAA, which should be the source.

NDisNCin2010
12-17-2010, 02:19 PM
if it helps, not sure where i saw it os dont take as gospel, but i saw something about kelly cancelling practice for today b/c he was gonna spend one more day on the road recruiting

is this in any way feasible? at least the morons at II could attend practice to at least see if the HC is there right?

ChicagoIrish
12-17-2010, 02:29 PM
That is controlled by the individual sites so the Auburn people posted that. FYI, Christian Westerman is also on that list so I'm sure the Texas boards are in a bit of a tizzy too, although they can afford to be less tizzy than us. All of that being said even though we still don't have confirmation from an ND source or Tuitt himself that is visiting, the way this has played out strongly indicates that he is.

the Westerman thing is interesting because it's very similar to our situation with Tuitt. He showed up on the list posted by the 247 site and the other Texas sites tried all week, with little luck, to try to get a confirmation. Who knows what's going on. If these kids do end up visiting, I have to think Auburn is telling them not to talk to anyone beforehand and is doing a pretty good job of working the recruiting sites to their advantage too.

ChicagoIrish
12-17-2010, 02:31 PM
if it helps, not sure where i saw it os dont take as gospel, but i saw something about kelly cancelling practice for today b/c he was gonna spend one more day on the road recruiting

is this in any way feasible? at least the morons at II could attend practice to at least see if the HC is there right?

practices are closed and have been most of the season, but I can tell you that Kelly had a press conference at noon today in the Gug and I think they had practice beforehand.

mcbri014
12-17-2010, 02:31 PM
Here is an article on Auburn's recruiting weekend
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=5929605

For what it is worth, there is no mention of Tuitt being one of the 14 visitors. I don't like the part where they say Auburn is still looking for one big time running back and a standout on the defensive front. Hopefully that won't be Huggins and Tuitt. I would think that if Tuitt really was going, ESPN would mention it.

irishunclebill
12-17-2010, 02:34 PM

For what it is worth, there is no mention of Tuitt being one of the 14 visitors. I don't like the part where they say Auburn is still looking for one big time running back and a standout on the defensive front. Hopefully that won't be Huggins and Tuitt. I would think that if Tuitt really was going, ESPN would mention it.

Supposedly they are recruiting Tuitt as an OT, at least on the Auburn Rivals hot list, and on the same list they have Hugiins as being #4 on their RB board. Unless Huggins completely changes his plan about making a decision on NSD and commits to Auburn this weekend I don't see him ending up at Auburn at all.

ChicagoIrish
12-17-2010, 02:39 PM

Westerman is not on that list either. Considering that he's ESPN's #4 overall rated recruit, you'd think he'd warrant a mention.

mcbri014
12-17-2010, 02:40 PM
Supposedly they are recruiting Tuitt as an OT, at least on the Auburn Rivals hot list, and on the same list they have Hugiins as being #4 on their RB board. Unless Huggins completely changes his plan about making a decision on NSD and commits to Auburn this weekend I don't see him ending up at Auburn at all.

Thanks IUB! That makes me feel better. I knew they had Crowell pretty high on their list but wasn't sure where Tuitt stood with them. That is good they are recruiting Stephon as an OT because that eliminates the Drew-Tuitt D-line duo that they might have been pitching.

irishunclebill
12-17-2010, 02:43 PM
Thanks IUB! That makes me feel better. I knew they had Crowell pretty high on their list but wasn't sure where Tuitt stood with them. That is good they are recruiting Stephon as an OT because that eliminates the Drew-Tuitt D-line duo that they might have been pitching.

Yea as it turns out this visit, if it ends up being just a visit, it is more of Whitehead/Tuitt connection than a Drew/Tuitt connection.

mcbri014
12-17-2010, 02:46 PM
Westerman is not on that list either. Considering that he's ESPN's #4 overall rated recruit, you'd think he'd warrant a mention.

Yeah but at least that is mentioned elsewhere on the NCAA Football page. There was no mention of Tuitt and Auburn at all on ESPN rumors or recruiting. Just trying to be optimistic.

ChicagoIrish
12-17-2010, 03:27 PM
Yeah but at least that is mentioned elsewhere on the NCAA Football page. There was no mention of Tuitt and Auburn at all on ESPN rumors or recruiting. Just trying to be optimistic.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but if you follow the link (http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/entries/2010/12/17/report_westerma.html?cxntfid=blogs_bevo_beat) in that espn piece (http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/35620/top-texas-recruit-keeping-options-open) about Westerman's visit to Auburn, you get an article that says: "The news comes from Hookem.com’s 247Sports’ Auburn affiliate."

this thing still sounds to me like a giant circlejerk started by auburn's 247 site trying to drive hits.

publicola
12-17-2010, 03:30 PM
I hate to sound like a broken record, but if you follow the link (http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/entries/2010/12/17/report_westerma.html?cxntfid=blogs_bevo_beat) in that espn piece (http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/35620/top-texas-recruit-keeping-options-open) about Westerman's visit to Auburn, you get an article that says: "The news comes from Hookem.com’s 247Sports’ Auburn affiliate."

this thing still sounds to me like a giant circlejerk started by auburn's 247 site trying to drive hits.

While that's probably true, there is one problem: Tuitts have gone underground, such that even ND's coaches aren't sure what's going on. There could be a good explanation for that, but that usually isn't a good sign.

mcbri014
12-17-2010, 03:31 PM

haha that's funny. I noticed that too. What's more ridiculous...that site or Cam Newton not knowing his father was shopping him around?

ChicagoIrish
12-17-2010, 03:47 PM
While that's probably true, there is one problem: Tuitts have gone underground, such that even ND's coaches aren't sure what's going on. There could be a good explanation for that, but that usually isn't a good sign.

agreed 100%. this is the most concerning aspect of the entire situation, not recruiting247 reports or anything written by espn or Eric Hansen.

NDisNCin2010
12-17-2010, 03:58 PM
these are the times when the ND pay sites need to earn their subscription money...and so far it is very clear they are privy to as much inside info as we are.
i may pay and join II just to tell sampson and prister what a joke they are

daytonirish
12-17-2010, 05:39 PM
Tuitts have gone underground, such that even ND's coaches aren't sure what's going on. There could be a good explanation for that, but that usually isn't a good sign.

Yeah, like a good explanation that the Irish coaching staff does know what is going on. And these sites that charge folks for info are Full of SHIT.

MoeMontana
12-17-2010, 05:57 PM
I think it's a stretch to say that the family has gone "underground." People are becoming hysterical. It seems to me that Auburn is making a pitch and Stephon may be listening. I think, when all is said and done, he'll remain Irish.

Domer Dog
12-17-2010, 06:37 PM
Yea as it turns out this visit, if it ends up being just a visit, it is more of Whitehead/Tuitt connection than a Drew/Tuitt connection.

That is disconcerting to me IUB. If it is more of a Whitehead/Tuitt connection, isn't Whitehead his friend who is quoted in the earlier article saying he knew nothing about it. If Stephen decides his education is worth more than the $ thrown at him this weekend, I can't believe that leaves Whatehead in good stead, covering for him.

Either way, it is what it is. You can't tell me that Cam didn't go there because of the coin...

NDgrandson
12-17-2010, 06:54 PM
Someone needs to be at his HS basketball game to tell us if he's there or not. But the biggest concern to me at this point is that there has not been a denial from anyone named Tuitt that he is going to Auburn.

athanjohn
12-17-2010, 11:09 PM
@NDgrandson I tried to pull up info on the game can't find it we will have to just wait.

future domer
12-17-2010, 11:17 PM
My problem with all of this is that this is the same school that produced McDaniel-gate. The S.E.C. can get away with anything they want and good old E.S.P.N. acts as though its a big wink and nod show, but if the sourest of winds blows from S.B. it becomes as though the entire universe has been set askew. Young Mr. Tuitt if you are reading these posts please think of your future and all of the things that could happen in the next four years. N.D. will take care of you in the event of injury A.U. will throw you under the bus.

ndfb
12-18-2010, 02:10 AM
Never went to Auburn today. Played in his HS basketball game tonight.

mcbri014
12-18-2010, 02:13 AM

Thanks...Get this man some reps!

NDgrandson
12-18-2010, 02:16 AM

Thanks...Get this man some reps!

Agreed. Let's hope he doesn't go tomorrow either.

ndfb
12-18-2010, 02:18 AM
Hope not.

en dee seattle
12-18-2010, 05:18 AM
phew!

athanjohn
12-18-2010, 09:02 AM
What is your source on him playing cause I couldn't find anything on it anywhere.