PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to The Gold Helmet!

Svoboda
03-01-2007, 11:17 PM
Hello and Welcome to The Gold Helmet!

The Gold Helmet Staff would like to personally thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to register on our online community. The Gold Helmet is the premiere online community for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish football discussion!

Feel free to take a couple minutes to make yourself at home, take a look around the forums and check out all of our great discussions, features and much more! Again, thank you for registering on The Gold Helmet! We look forward to your contributions to our online community and hope you enjoy your stay!

Keywords: Notre Dame, Fighting Irish, Football

irishrick
03-02-2007, 07:51 PM
i heard that this site was going to be an up and coming, and the name really fits, also i was referred by one of the best irish fans i know, :) sir john . glad to be on board and look forward to posting a few . irishrick.

Tdnd81
03-08-2007, 11:39 PM
Glad to be here! honestly just want to test avatar!

jfschellcrna
03-09-2007, 01:16 PM
good to see you again svo.............good luck

Pete
03-09-2007, 01:36 PM
Don't I get anyother options on that poll? Seems kind of biased to me :p

MareJo
03-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Clicked on from other site saw Svo's name and had to try it out.

iloveirish_12
03-09-2007, 05:19 PM
This is better than Irishenvy.com. That went down hill quick.

irishrick
06-18-2007, 08:04 AM
GREAT that your up and running, i see a BRIGHT FUTURE FOR THIS SITE, AND THE 07 IRISH FOOTBALL TEAM . GO SVO AND GO IRISH.

Svoboda
06-18-2007, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the kind words!

mlcspinner
06-18-2007, 09:42 AM
any site with the name Svo's name on it has to be good:):cool::)

Sir John
06-26-2007, 09:04 PM
:) Sorry i deleted immediately at DD on your request that post I made. I was just trying to defend you at IE then DD as we share readers.

I meant no site or problems. I just can't see why you have to leave IE some when you birthed it. Also why some jumped on you except when your down kick a guy.:(

notredomer23
06-27-2007, 07:13 PM
This site is growing rapidly. Next big thing right here.

stonebreakerwasgod
06-27-2007, 07:15 PM
I think so. Have you seen the Recruits Section?? It has a great breakdown of who has been offered, and who is Irish in one nice place.

FrankG
02-17-2008, 12:40 PM
GH’s greatest asset is that we can discuss ND warts and all.
I am really concerned with the direction this site is taking. Svoboda’s statement that I have included below was the primary reason I joined. More and more postings that have nothing to do with ND and are often in poor taste are appearing.

I can take polls, discuss politics, send jokes etc on countless sites. It should not be done on this site. I was going to join the premium site but have lost interest because I am concerned that the same thing is happening or will happen there.

So many posts (Coke vs. Pepsi and if I had a million) are like this that I am using other ND sites more and more because I have to now determine if a GH post is ND related. I believed that this site could have been the best, it still could be. I am using this site less and less.

Am I alone on this? On the other hand if other Gher’s feel the same can something be done about it?

Welcome to The Gold Helmet!

Hello and Welcome to The Gold Helmet!

The Gold Helmet Staff would like to personally thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to register on our online community. The Gold Helmet is the premiere online community for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish football discussion!

Feel free to take a couple minutes to make yourself at home, take a look around the forums and check out all of our great discussions, features and much more! Again, thank you for registering on The Gold Helmet! We look forward to your contributions to our online community and hope you enjoy your stay!

mlcspinner
02-17-2008, 12:49 PM
I appreciate your concerns but just to let you know the threads you are talking about are very old threads that I was having fun with this morning. GH has different forums such as Recruiting , Gold Club, and the Pub plus others. We try to keep things separate such as the " fun stuff" stays in the Pub recruiting stays in recruiting and so on. ND talk stays in the "Fighting Irish" forum. Please let us know of any other concrens you may have.

You may want to click under Forums and go straight to the Fighting Irish Forum just a thought

stonebreakerwasgod
02-17-2008, 12:57 PM
GH’s greatest asset is that we can discuss ND warts and all.
I am really concerned with the direction this site is taking. Svoboda’s statement that I have included below was the primary reason I joined. More and more postings that have nothing to do with ND and are often in poor taste are appearing.

I can take polls, discuss politics, send jokes etc on countless sites. It should not be done on this site. I was going to join the premium site but have lost interest because I am concerned that the same thing is happening or will happen there.

So many posts (Coke vs. Pepsi and if I had a million) are like this that I am using other ND sites more and more because I have to now determine if a GH post is ND related. I believed that this site could have been the best, it still could be. I am using this site less and less.

Am I alone on this? On the other hand if other Gher’s feel the same can something be done about it?

This is the offseason, and we give ourselves more lattitude.
If you want to talk about a specific topic, start a thread in the appropriate forum.
If you choose to stay away from (so-called) questionable subject matter, then do not enter the pub, or don't click on the thread. Either one is optional, and you have complete control.
Frankly, I'm not changing a thing. I would only suggest that you steer cleer of threads you find not to your liking. God bless America.

I'm not big on putting importance on how much someone posts, versus another with 500........WHO CARES. However, it strikes me that you have posted very little, and yet seem to demand changes in how the regulars do business here. Do you do this kind of thing often?

FrankG
02-17-2008, 10:49 PM
I did not demand anything. Maybe it is because I am older (over 60) then the most members and not so Internet savvy as others, so maybe you can help me. Since I am not interested in the non-football threads is there a way that I can only "click" those threads. It seems the "New Post" allows any thread at all.

Your statement that I do not make that many posts as others is absurd. I am run a small business with over fifty employees, on the board of several businesses and organizations. I do not value someone by how often or how much he says rather than what he says.

I come across the same information that others have posted. What’s to be gained by repeating it or saying ditto?

This very discussion is the very reason that I think GH has the potential to be the best of any ND site. There are some that would stifle, censor or prevent further access.

stonebreakerwasgod
02-17-2008, 11:13 PM
If you don't want to look at non-ND threads, don't visit the pub. It's simple. Click on forums, and scroll down the threads that you wish to peruse.

As far as demanding changes.....that's exactly what you're asking for.....a Gold Helmet that fits your idea of what an Irish site should be. However, the posters who do contribute to this site seem to have no problem with what takes place, as each person has the choice of visiting a thread.....or not visiting a thread.

As far as content goes........GH is a member-driven community, so if you want to see more or less of a topic, you have the power to determine that.

Lastly, I do believe most of the regulars feel that we are family here (ask NDGR), and if you want to suggest changes to how we do things here, I'd suggest becoming more involved, as opposed to staying on the periphery.

Goodnite now.

NDgrandson
02-17-2008, 11:25 PM
I have a solution that may make everyone happy.

Frank is probably looking at the homepage like most of us and looking at the most recent posts vs clicking on forums then going to ND football. I do the same thing, however I enjoy all the forums. I do occasionally go into a thread thinking it is for football when it is actually basketball.

Could we list the forum it is from on the homepage in addition to the title of the thread, who posted last, the number of replies and views? That might help.

Fishin'_Irish
02-17-2008, 11:28 PM
I have a solution that may make everyone happy.

Frank is probably looking at the homepage like most of us and looking at the most recent posts vs clicking on forums then going to ND football. I do the same thing, however I enjoy all the forums. I do occasionally go into a thread thinking it is for football when it is actually basketball.

Could we list the forum it is from on the homepage in addition to the title of the thread, who posted last, the number of replies and views? That might help.

The "New Posts" button at the top will show you all of those mentioned above.

stonebreakerwasgod
02-17-2008, 11:34 PM
Well, I do apologize for being somewhat harsh and flippant. I do want FrankG to stay and become more active.
I would click on forums, and then peruse the threads that are in there if you want to avoid other areas.
The Pub is my baby, and we get as much hits or more on that than we do on many of the Irish-related topics. To me, that's a great thing. It helps draw alot of us closer, and there are very few incidents of flaming or arguments at GH because of this. I go to a other sites where it is very rigid, where there are NO other threads other than the team, and there is TONS of infighting and backstabbing, which is crazy.

NDgrandson
02-17-2008, 11:41 PM
I go to a other sites where it is very rigid,

Hey now! Frank does not come here to hear that kind of stuff.

Sorry, I have Michael Scott, "That's what she said" disease.

:o

NDgrandson
02-17-2008, 11:43 PM
The "New Posts" button at the top will show you all of those mentioned above.

Good point. I still start browsing from the main page, but why can't the main page show the thread too? New posts shows fewer threads than the main page. More is better.

FrankG
02-18-2008, 06:07 AM
Did not consider you harsh or flippant. In fact your suggestion of going to the forums is where I will start in the future. I thank you for that advice.

As I said earlier I am older than most members and I grew up pre internet, ESPN and the explosion of college football on TV (even no TV at all) that we have today. Prior to the 1970's we did have radio coverage. ABC and the NCAA controlled the telecasts and we were lucky to see one or two ND games a year and they did not go to bowl games. I craved for ND football. It is a totally picture today.

I am in seventh heaven with the data that is available today. In my own way I kind of give my thanks by advertising on the Mike and Marty radio show even though it does not generate sales for me. I strongly recommend it because of it is not a shill for ND and is very objective and allows for divergent views like this forum.

GH is the best site I have seen for people expressing their views regarding ND. Keep it going and growing.