PDA

View Full Version : '11 OH S Eilar Hardy (6/25/10 Notre Dame LOI)

morrdave9
01-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Safety
Pickerington Central (Pickerington, OH)

Links of Interest
Rivals Profile (http://rivals.yahoo.com/notredame/football/recruiting/player-Eilar-Hardy-79296)

Ht:6'0"
Wt:170 lbs
40:4.49 secs
Bench Max:240
Squat Max:265
Shuttle:4.31
GPA

Multimedia

morrdave9
01-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Eilar Hardy
http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg454/morrdave9/121279.jpg

morrdave9
01-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Saying that ND extended an offer to him today.

Early offers from Cincinnati, Colorado, Indiana, Maryland, and West Virginia.

Had over 70 tackles and 3 ints as a junior.

Synoptico
01-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Irish offer Hardy prospect

Steve Hare
IrishIllustrated.com

Pickerington, Ohio junior defensive back Eilar Hardy already held several scholarship offers before hearing from Notre Dame on Friday...

http://notredame.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=1037486&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

brownkj002
01-10-2010, 07:52 PM
isd article:

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/football/1714-hardy-surprised-by-irish-offer

zimmsbg78
01-11-2010, 11:14 AM
Eilar's profile from scoutingohio.com..............................http ://www.scoutingohio.com/index.php/view-profile.html?task=userProfile&user=1326&srid=1054, with sophmore video.

NDisNCin2010
01-11-2010, 12:44 PM
http://notredame.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=1037486&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

no need to link to an article that we cant read...best to link to the occasional freebie.

irishunclebill
01-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Offer confirmed.

zimmsbg78
02-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Eilar claims no favorites yet but has offers from ND, Maryland, Cincinnati, West Virginia, Colorado, Indiana and Minnesota. He say's he grew up an pOSU fan and has unofficially visited Columbus for a junior day and a basketball game. He hopes pOSU eventually offers.

The pOSU recruitniks think Eilar will be a part of some offers that get extended after NSD.

zimmsbg78
02-16-2010, 01:03 PM
Kentucky has offered.

zimmsbg78
02-18-2010, 08:42 AM
He currently hold offers from ND, Cincinnati, Colorado, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota and West Virginia with MSU and pOSU in contact. Eilar says he will attend junior day visits to ND, Cincinnati, Kentucky and West Virginia. He has already been to a junior day at pOSU.

zimmsbg78
02-25-2010, 08:49 AM
Sparty has offered.

zimmsbg78
03-02-2010, 01:56 PM
Wisconsin has offered.

Also recently attended the Sound Mind-Sound Body Football Academy in Michigan.........

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=4957484

Top Athletes
Eilar Hardy (Pickerington, Ohio) was easily the best defensive back in the showcase.

zimmsbg78
03-16-2010, 11:47 AM
Arizona and Louisville have offered.

irishunclebill
03-21-2010, 08:15 PM
Impressions from the ND 3/20 Junior Day.

Visit went very well but not much detail.

irishunclebill
03-22-2010, 12:28 AM
More details on Hardy's visit indicate that it went very well and clarified any concerns about Notre Dame that he might have had coming in. The Irish will most likely be very competitive when it comes time for Eilar to make a college choice.

a1ND
03-22-2010, 10:24 AM
To add on to this, his parents also really like ND and he seems to be serious about education and that was one of the reasons ND was already in his top schools. I really like this kid and would love to add him to our class as a safety. I hope he makes it back soon for a practice or the BG game.

zimmsbg78
04-01-2010, 08:13 AM
Eilar said he enjoyed catching up with the coaches he knew from Cincinnati and meeting the new faces on Kellys staff. Really liked hearing about possible early PT if he choose ND. He has upcoming unofficial visits to MSU, Cincinnati, West Virginia and Wisconsin as well as the Nike Camp at pOSU.

stonebreakerwasgod
04-01-2010, 03:36 PM
B/R has a list up of top 10 CB in 2011 class...

It was refreshing to watch Eilar Hardy, a Pickerington, Ohio native, playing so far up to the line of scrimmage. Backpedaling and remaining with a receiver is what divides a corner from a liability.
Hardy can backpedal, and do a lot more. He's got a great form tackle but can also cut a running back's legs out from underneath, and his hits are occasionally really punishing.
He has good but not elite, speed, and the agility to come off blocks and contain runs, or get after quarterbacks on the blitz.
In size and shape, he reminds me of Michigan's Donovan Warren, 6'0", 180 lbs, with enough weight to play solid bump-and-run coverage without getting handled off the line of scrimmage.
His sophomore video can be found here (http://scoutingohio.com/index.php/view-profile.html?task=userProfile&user=1326&srid=1054).
Ohio State seemed confident in landing him, but Hardy took a visit to Notre Dame in late March and was apparently very close to committing (http://www.southbendtribune.com/article/20100322/SPORTS13/100329852/1130). He's also visited Kentucky unofficially.
His list is long now, but I'm anxious to see who besides the Irish and Buckeyes make the cut. I like Notre Dame's chances here, particularly if they have a successful season under Brian Kelly.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/371890-ranking-the-top-10-cornerback-recruits-of-the-2011-class#page/7

SpanishElite
04-02-2010, 10:43 AM
Man very close to committing, I like that.

irishunclebill
04-30-2010, 12:06 AM
Eilar was visited earlier this week by Coach Hinton.

zimmsbg78
05-05-2010, 10:55 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=5158695

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- The Nike Football Training Camp was held on Saturday at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center on the Ohio State University campus. The camp drew about 300 participants, including some of the top prospects in the Midwest.

Defensive backs shine
Arguably the top two safety prospects in the Midwest worked out at Ohio State. Ron Tanner (Columbus, Ohio/Eastmoor) and Eilar Hardy (Pickerington, Ohio/Central) showed why they are ranked so highly. Tanner looked a shade faster and seemed to have slightly better coverage skills than Hardy. On the other hand, Hardy is a bit taller and seems to have slightly better range. Both are instinctive and constantly around the ball.

zimmsbg78
05-05-2010, 11:02 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=5158912

While watching his son work out, Hardy's father, Bill, said Eilar has at this point narrowed his impressive list of scholarship offers down to Michigan State, Notre Dame, Kentucky, Cincinnati and Arizona. Hardy has visited the first four and plans to visit Arizona next month. He also plans to visit the other four at least once more each before selecting a college.

brownkj002
05-20-2010, 04:04 PM
recent article for hardy. looks like it could come down to us and msu.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100520/OPINION03/5200320/Ohio-DB-Eilar-Hardy-a-big-fan-of-MSU--but-there-are-other-contenders

irishunclebill
05-20-2010, 11:18 PM
Hardy was quoted recently as saying that the Irish are recruiting him as a CB.

zimmsbg78
06-01-2010, 11:37 AM
Hardy will unofficially visit ND again on June 18th - 19th with his father and coach.

irishunclebill
06-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Hardy's Top 5 from a month ago is now a Top 6 as WVU joins Michigan State, Cincinnati, Notre Dame, Arizona and Kentucky. Still most likely a two team battle though between ND & MSU with ND generally considered to be slightly ahead of Sparty.

NDgrandson
06-21-2010, 03:38 PM
Great news. I hope that us recruiting him at CB is an indication of how we stand with other safety prosepcts.

Domer Dog
06-21-2010, 09:37 PM
My top choice this year. I hope he sees the light, looks at the depth chart, and decides on the Irish. This kid will be a great player for us.

STLDomer1868
06-25-2010, 02:11 PM
Rivals mod is saying Hardy is IRISH!

NDisNCin2010
06-25-2010, 02:26 PM
welcome to the ND Family Eilar!

and Coach Kelly expands the ND recruiting footprint thru Ohio a little more...

NDisNCin2010
06-25-2010, 02:32 PM
now lets get lyndell...and pray for lyons on LOI day

dajtrain
06-25-2010, 02:38 PM
Fantastic! This certainly takes away at least a little of the sting of this week in recruiting.

domehead1
06-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Hell yeah!!!!

irishunclebill
06-25-2010, 02:44 PM
http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2719:hardy-commits-to-notre-dame-degree&catid=90:football-recruiting-stories&Itemid=42

Hardy Commits To Notre Dame Degree
Written by Steve Wiltfong Friday, 25 June 2010 13:07

Eliar Hardy gave Notre Dame his pledge Friday afternoon.

As they worked their way as a family through the recruiting process, Eilar Hardy’s (Pickerington, Ohio/Pickerington Central) mother repeatedly told him, no matter what college you choose, make sure you graduate.

Looks like her son will be graduating from one of the most prominent and celebrated schools in the land.

On Friday afternoon, the 6-foot, 180-pound Hardy verbally committed to Notre Dame, choosing the Irish over Michigan State. The touted cornerback prospect also considered Arizona, Kentucky, West Virginia and Wisconsin.

“My mom tells me almost everyday, just finish college,” Hardy told Irish Sports Daily early Friday morning. “Notre Dame is one of the biggest most-prestigious schools in the country, and I’m about to be going to school there next year.”

Hardy becomes the 11th player to verbally commit to Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly in the class-of-2011, and the second cornerback, joining Matthias Farley (Charlotte, N.C./Charlotte Christian).

“There is hundreds of reasons why I chose Notre Dame,” Hardy began. He’s visited South Bend twice, once for junior day back in March, and he returned last weekend. “One, their academics are ridiculous, and with a degree from Notre Dame, I’ll be fine after football if my skills didn’t take me to the next level.

“Another thing, I just loved the campus. I loved the guys up there, I got to meet most of the players, and they made me feel like I was part of the team and the family already. The coaches treated me like I was a player too. They’ve been recruiting me hard since I was a sophomore and they were at Cincinnati, and they stayed on me at Notre Dame.”

Irish assistant coach Tim Hinton was the lead recruiter for Hardy, who had 75 tackles, three interceptions and five touchdowns as a junior. On top of his communication with Hinton, Hardy also kept in regular touch with Kelly, defensive coordinator Bob Diaco and secondary coach Chuck Martin.

“The coaching staff recruited me hard, real hard,” Hardy said. “I liked that attention, and I want to play for coaches that really want me to be part of the team.”

Heading into last weekend, Hardy was almost a part of Michigan State’s team and program.

“Me going up to Notre Dame, it was my test to see,” Hardy began. “It was either between Notre Dame or Michigan State, and my visit up to Notre Dame would tell me if I would go to Michigan State or Notre Dame.

“Me going up to Notre Dame changed my whole mindset. I didn’t get to see much the first time, and the weather, the clouds were out, it was raining a bit, and I didn’t have that great of a time. I didn’t think it was for me. My parents wanted me to check it out again, and I had the greatest time of my life.”

Hardy’s parents couldn’t be happier.

“Me and my wife are very excited, because being older, we understand what Notre Dame represents,” Hardy’s father Bill said. “The first trip, it just didn’t click with him. The second trip did it and we’re very excited.”

Besides his favorites, Hardy also held scholarship offers from the likes of Cincinnati, Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Louisville, Minnesota and Vanderbilt.

Shamrock1221
06-25-2010, 02:57 PM
Awesome!

SouthernIrish
06-25-2010, 03:18 PM
PRAISE JESUS!!! PRAISE JESUS!! A Safety Lord!! A Safety!!!!

NDgrandson
06-25-2010, 03:20 PM
PRAISE JESUS!!! PRAISE JESUS!! A Safety Lord!! A Safety!!!!

I hate to rain on your parade, but we're putting him at CB.

Huge pickup at an important time in our emotional psyche.

Sparks inda Loo
06-25-2010, 03:50 PM
Really like this pick up. Welcome to ND young man. Farley and Hardy sounds like a law firm already.

stonebreakerwasgod
06-25-2010, 04:06 PM
Farley and Hardy sounds like a law firm.

Either that or a comedy duo. Just sayin.

sreepointer
06-25-2010, 04:41 PM
Nice. Good to pick up another player at a position of need.

NDGirlzRock
06-25-2010, 04:43 PM
That's a great story!!! Welcome Eilar, you are a much needed part of our family!!!!

step30044
06-25-2010, 09:43 PM
Welcome Eilar !!

I am really impressed at the caliber of recruits.

irishunclebill
06-25-2010, 11:31 PM
All of the announcement articles indicate that ND is looking at Hardy to play Cornerback so I have changed his position tag.

ALLND62
06-26-2010, 01:41 AM
Welcome aboard Mr. Hardy.

SouthernIrish
06-26-2010, 08:31 AM
Crap. Oh well I'm sure someone will play S. Still a great pick up.

NotreDameNate
06-26-2010, 11:09 AM
Nice to have the possibility of playing Safety or Cornerback. Versatility is always nice.

Welcom aboard Eilar!

Domer Dog
06-27-2010, 08:00 PM
This guy's numbers are scary. I think he will be a great CB/S for the Irish. Obviously, he has a good head on his shoulders. Liked his thoughts on making the decision.

MojoMan
07-06-2010, 09:51 AM
As a freshman, ran 55 sec / 400 meters

According to Scout.com ran a 4.63 / 40

IMO, has great corner size, agility and ball skills...but his speed is more consistent with playing Safety...

therizz
07-21-2010, 08:51 PM
On Power Hour tonight

SpanishElite
07-22-2010, 01:21 PM
On Power Hour tonight

I missed it.. how was it?

HoffVir
07-22-2010, 02:28 PM
Eilar isn't going to be a speech writer or anything, but he was a good interviewee and was honest in his answers and sounds like a pretty good kid.

MSU was his #1 the longest/most. Was honest in that his 1st visit to ND dropped them a bit mostly because he didn't get to hang out with the players. His parents wanted him to commit to ND on the spot, but he wasn't feeling it. Went back a 2nd time, got to hang out with the guys (singled out Lo Wood, RJ, Manti, Harrison) and this time he was ready to commit but his parents wanted him to wait a week or so. He ended up calling Coach Hinton and gave his verbal.

Will play FS, RB, KR, PR his Senior year. Reaffirmed ND likes him as a CB, especially with his size. Said he's about 6'0" 175 right now.

Very interested in criminal justice. Wants to be "one of the CSI guys".

Talks with:
Brad Carrico, great guy
Jarrett Grace, talk a lot
Ben Councell, who was also up at ND during Eilar's 2nd visit
Aaron Lynch, "Hopefully he pulls the tigger soon and he becomes a Fightin Irish"

This was new to me, but he's debating about possibly enrolling early. He's not sure right now.

For sure going to try to make it to the Michigan game, not sure about the rest of his schedule.

therizz
07-22-2010, 05:16 PM
Thanks HOFF!

piyachi
07-23-2010, 08:05 AM
Sounds like Grace is quite the leader in his recruiting class - good to know.

Thanks for the write-up.

morrdave9
07-26-2010, 10:44 AM
http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/football/2862-hardy-stands-out-at-gridiron-kings

Hardy Stands Out At Gridiron Kings
Written by Steve Wiltfong Monday, 26 July 2010 07:45

Notre Dame verbal commit Eilar Hardy (Pickerington, Ohio/Pickerington Central) definitely represented at this past weekend’s ESPN Rise Gridiron Kings.

One of 64 players invited to the prestigious 7-on-7 tournament showcasing some of the nation’s top prospects in the class-of-2011, the 6-foot, 180-pound Hardy was one of 10 players that earned EAS All-Performance Team honors, and the only one from the Midwest squad.

“It went real well,” the future Irish defensive back said. His team lost all four games they played at Disney’s Wide World of Sports in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. “I did pretty good and had a lot of fun.”

A bright spot all afternoon for the Midwest, Hardy had three interceptions including one he returned 100 yards for a score. He also defended several other passes.

“There was a lot of competition here from all over the place,” Hardy said. Prospects that played in the event that are still considering Notre Dame were athlete George Atkinson (Livermore, Calif./Granada), cornerback Josh Atkinson (Livermore, Calif./Granada), running back Amir Carlisle (Sunnyvale, Calif./The Kings Academy), running back Savon Huggins (Jersey City, N.J./St. Peter’s Prep), cornerback Marcus Roberson (Fort Lauderdale, Fla./St. Thomas Aquinas) and receiver Kasen Williams (Sammamish, Wash./Skyline). “I learned a lot from the guys here, and also learned a lot from the coaches.”

Hardy teamed up with the four-star Huggins, and the two got a chance to talk about Notre Dame.

“I told him it’s a great place and he agreed with me on that,” Hardy said. Huggins visited the Irish campus in June, and has Notre Dame in his top-10 with Florida, Georgia, Miami, North Carolina, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Stanford and Wisconsin. “He said that he wants to weigh all of his options and take visits to other schools he has in his top-10. I told him to do that and hit me up when he figures out his decision.”

On Monday, Hardy headed back home, where he plans to take things he learned at Gridiron Kings and apply it to his senior season.

“I would say the competition and competing helped,” he said. “It was a lot of fun competing with some of the best players in the country, that was a big thing for me.

“I had a lot of fun.”

wicket
08-06-2010, 05:00 PM
17th rated safety in tharingers fall update

http://tharinger.com/site/2011Safs.htm

zimmsbg78
08-30-2010, 12:35 PM
Hardy's Pickerington Central team won its first game of the season against Plainfield 38-0. Hardy played TB on offense and Safety on defense. Offensive stats were 5 carries for 50 yards and a TD. Defensive stats were 6 tackles and a pass break up.

Hardy will unofficially visit ND for the ND/scUM game and return for his OV during the banquet weekend.

Side note: Hardy's father said his son Eilar, has bonded with future teammates Jarrett Grace, Brad Carrico and Jalen Brown. He has also been in touch with Wayne Lyons.

Jiggafini19
09-10-2010, 10:58 PM
Hardy's teammate Tamani Carter is visiting tomorrow.

6-0/175 cornerback with offers from Iowa, Arizona, Minnesota and Stanford. Rivals rates him as a two star player.

IrishFan123
09-13-2010, 09:09 PM
ESPNU Recruiting insider says I don't think Notre Dame knows just how good an athlete Eilar is. Needs to add wieght and will. He's a great player, really impressed.

wicket
09-18-2010, 05:31 AM
Eilar Hardy and Pickerington Central opened league play with a 26-0 win over Lancaster tonight. Hardy had a punt return for a touchdown, here are the highlights.....

http://blip.tv/play/AYH9zioC

Looked kinda impressive, #4 purlish blue/blueish purple

Domer Dog
09-18-2010, 08:10 AM
I said early on that Eilar was one of the recruits I wanted to land most this year. He is freakishly athletic, and will be an unbelievable S or CB for us. If we get the kid from Florida, we will have a really great tandum at safety.

zimmsbg78
10-25-2010, 11:01 AM
http://footballrecruiting.247sports.com/Board/30/Four-star-Eilar-Hardy-selected-for-the-Offense-Defense-Bowl-180125/1 (free)

Pickerington (Ohio) Central defensive back Eilar Hardy has been selected to play in the fifth-annual Offense-Defense All-America Bowl, set for Dec. 31 in Myrtle Beach, S.C. The game will kickoff at 4 p.m. EST, and will be televised nationally by VERSUS.

Committed to Notre Dame, the 6-foot, 175-pound Hardy is ranked by 247Sports as the 20th-best cornerback in the country, and the 181st-best player overall.

“Eilar can play either safety or corner, and will be outstanding at either,” bowl director Artie Gigantino said. “Needless to say, we are thrilled to be adding a young man of his outstanding ability and high character.”

Hardy is the 24th addition to the Offense-Defense All-America Bowl. Also set to play are top 247 players, quarterback Christian LeMay (Georgia commit), defensive end D.J. Pettway (Alabama commit), quarterback Jamal Turner (Nebraska commit), safety Sheroid Evans (Texas commit), offensive tackle Cameron Clear (uncommitted), running back Jeremy Hill (LSU commit), cornerback Terrell Chestnut (Pittsburgh commit), defensive end/tight end Jerell Adams (undecided), defensive tackle Phillip Dukes (undecided), tight end Brandon Fulse (undecided), outside linebacker Trevon Randle (LSU commit), defensive lineman Kris Harley (Virginia Tech commit), athlete Louchiez Purifoy (Florida commit), athlete Ladarius Brown (undecided) and defensive tackle Jon Lewis (Texas Tech commit).

Sponsored by Offense-Defense football camps, the Offense-Defense All-America Bowl is quickly growing a great tradition, with players like Dallas Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant (Oklahoma State), Seattle Seahawks safety Earl Thomas (Texas), another Seahawk receiver Golden Tate (Notre Dame), Cincinnati Bengals defensive end Carlos Dunlap (Florida) and Cleveland Browns cornerback Joe Haden (Florida) all being alumni of this event.

Irishlaw
12-28-2010, 03:06 PM
Rivals 2nd team HS All American

zimmsbg78
01-11-2011, 10:20 AM
http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/premium-football-recruiting?start=5

Eilar Hardy hosted Notre Dame assistants Tim Hinton and Bob Diaco at his home on Tuesday night.

“They came over and had dinner with the family,” the Irish commitment said. “We just had a good time. My mom cooked dinner for us. We sat at the dinner table and ate and talked about football and everything else. It was pretty cool.”

Hinton and Diaco didn’t stay long enough to watch Ohio State’s victory over Arkansas in the Sugar Bowl with the safety commit from Pickerington, Ohio (Pickerington Central), but 90 minutes was plenty of time to get reacquainted.

“They were talking about the bowl game, how well they played, how they’re ready for a great season next year,” Hardy said. “I can’t wait to get up there and be a part of it.”

Hardy knows Hinton pretty well as the running backs coach handles recruiting in the state of Ohio, but the visit gave Hardy the chance to get to know the Irish defensive coordinator better.

“He’s a character, but he’s a great guy,” Hardy said of Diaco. “I’m excited to be a part of his defense and he’s real excited for me to be a part of his defense. Coach Diaco is a great guy. He’s an honest guy. He tells me what I need to work on and what I need to prepared for for next year.”

Through the recruiting process, Hardy has become close friends with another Notre Dame commit, Brad Carrico, who will enroll at Notre Dame later this month. Carrico traveled to see Hardy’s team play in the Ohio high school playoffs and Hardy intends on making visits to see Carrico at Notre Dame before he arrives for good himself.

“I’m going try to make it up there a couple of times,” said Hardy. “Brad Carrico is one of my best friends, him and Kyle Brindza, they’ll be leaving soon. Hopefully, I’ll get up there and stay with them for a couple nights and see how they like it and things like that.”

Hardy just returned from a solid showing at the Offense-Defense Bowl in Myrtle Beach, where he played with Carrico, Brindza and another future Irish teammate, Jarrett Grace. Hardy expects to see Hinton again in Ohio soon, but isn’t sure if Brian Kelly will be making his in-home visit at the same time.

“Coach Hinton said he’s going to be in in a couple of weeks,” he said. “I’ve got to fill out more paperwork and all of that good stuff.”

IrishCrasher
02-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Congrats Eilar welcome to the ND Family!

stonebreakerwasgod
02-02-2011, 03:56 PM
He was targeted early at UC by BK, and I am happy to see him Irish. He is a player.

Purebred Irishman
04-28-2011, 04:10 AM
http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/notre-dame-football-recruiting/4681-hardy-gets-sneak-preview

While the Blue-Gold Game served as a reunion for several members of Notre Dame’s 2011 recruiting class, Eilar Hardy was given an extended preview of what college is really like in South Bend.

The defensive back from Pickerington, Ohio (Pickerington Central) arrived on campus the Wednesday before the spring game and stayed in the same quad as classmates Brad Carrico, Kyle Brindza, Ishaq Williams and Aaron Lynch.

“It was a great experience,” Hardy said. “It really showed me how the dorm life and what the life of a Notre Dame football player will be. It was a great experience and it helped me out a lot.

“I was with them the whole week while they were preparing for the game. I was waking up with them in the morning, going to practice with them and watching film and going to the meeting. It was great doing that and hanging out with the guys and getting close with the guys I’ll be with all next year and being a part of the family.”

Hardy got to spend plenty of time with the Irish coaching staff, including safeties coach Chuck Martin.

“Me and Coach Martin talked a lot about safety,” Hardy said. “That’s probably where I’m going to start off at and see where it goes and wherever I feel more comfortable. They said I’m going to start off at safety, but that could change. I could move to corner. They need help at both positions.”

Hardy even attended a class with Lynch.

“It was an hour-long lecture, so that was a little different, but I’ll get used to it,” Hardy said.

On Saturday, Hardy learned why Lynch was such a coveted prospect.

“He balled out,” Hardy said of the freshman defensive end. “I saw his highlight tape from high school and things like that, but I didn’t know he was that big and that good. I knew he was a five-star, so that says it right there, but seeing it in person is another story.”

When his other future classmates arrived, the bond between the recruits was only strengthened.

“That was very cool,” he said of spending time with his fellow 2011 signees. “Building a relationship with the guys, that’s going to make us even stronger as a team and as a unit.”

Hardy and his buddies even put some work in to add more future teammates.

“We were working on them pretty hard,” he said of the 2012 recruits in attendance. “They hung out with us and Jamoris (Slaughter) and all of us that night when they were here. I built my relationship with them and was just telling them why I committed, why I chose Notre Dame and things like that. From the start, they seemed like they liked it.”

The signees put a particular emphasis on Maryland cornerback Ronald Darby.

“We were a big factor to his commitment, but I’m pretty sure that’s where he wanted to be at too,” said Hardy.

Soon, Hardy will get his chance to be a factor for the Irish on the field.

rikrok58
04-28-2011, 01:44 PM
I love to read about a kid who isn't even at the school yet already taking the time to go to a class and to recruit!

DirtySecret
06-20-2011, 01:02 AM
Hardy's new tats. They're sick!
http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Boards/403/72403/154277.jpg
http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Boards/403/72403/154276.jpg

mcbri014
06-20-2011, 01:19 AM
Badass tattoos. Doubt he transfers.

en dee seattle
06-20-2011, 01:28 AM
I also guarantee that he paid for them with his own money.

NDgrandson
06-20-2011, 02:01 AM
Hardy's new tats. They're sick!
http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Boards/403/72403/154277.jpg
http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Boards/403/72403/154276.jpg

That is the most crazy ND tat I've ever seen. He has The Golden Dome, the interlocking ND, Touchdown Jesus, The Grotto, the PLACT sign and the leprechaun. All on the same arm. I think other DBs will be expecting competition from him with that level of committment.

DublinIrish
06-20-2011, 02:53 AM
looks cool, cant wait to see this guy on the field!

grokster
06-20-2011, 07:13 AM
Now that's Commitment!

Domer Dog
06-20-2011, 10:09 AM
Wow, that's some impressive artwork. But how do we know that is Eilar Hardy and not Anthony Weiner in his boxers?

NDGirlzRock
06-20-2011, 04:15 PM
Man that's awesome!!! Love that!!! Bet he's gonna be a badass!!!

Akron Irish
06-20-2011, 08:13 PM
He would have got those for free at tOSU

grokster
06-21-2011, 07:02 PM
The really cool thing about the artwork is that it glows 'Kelly Green' under black light. :-)

DirtySecret
06-21-2011, 10:39 PM
The really cool thing about the artwork is that it glows 'Kelly Green' under black light. :-)

That would be even sicker if it does..

morrdave9
08-15-2011, 03:47 PM
Tore his LCL in his left knee and is out for the year.

Sucks. Pretty sure he was going to see some Pt this year, at least on ST.

DublinIrish
08-15-2011, 04:05 PM
that sucks, is chris badger back this year or next year?

morrdave9
08-15-2011, 04:06 PM
Next

CincyDamer
08-15-2011, 05:51 PM
Sucks for sure. Hoping for a full recovery.

NDisNCin2010
08-15-2011, 06:03 PM
anyone know how it happened?
is an LCL tear worse than an ACL or MCL tear?
anyone with any info on LCL recoveries etc is appreciated

Domer Dog
08-15-2011, 06:32 PM
Too bad for him, but hopefully he has a full recovery and can now redshirt for the year and hopefully still have 4 uninterupted years of play.

IrishCrasher
08-15-2011, 07:07 PM
http://irish.nbcsports.com/2011/08/15/reports-freshman-hardy-lost-for-season-with-knee-injury/

This is too Bad, It's a good thing Collinsworth got some reps at safety over Spring, we may see him.

NDgrandson
08-15-2011, 08:14 PM
This sucks. I really saw Hardy as being an underrated player that could push for early PT but most likely RS'd. Now he has to ramp back up at the same time as a new crop of top flight DBs.

Pickerington Fan
08-16-2011, 01:36 PM
From what I heard from his family, his foot got caught in the turf as another player tackled him. He is having surgery Thursday morning and will be out for the entire season. His family and friends are all praying for him and a quick recovery.

lowayne
08-16-2011, 01:39 PM
From what I heard from his family, his foot got caught in the turf as another player tackled him. He is having surgery Thursday morning and will be out for the entire season. His family and friends are all praying for him and a quick recovery.

Thanks for the insight.

NDisNCin2010
08-16-2011, 01:43 PM

que the "why do we practice on field turf and play on kentucky blue grass?" posts in 3...2....1...

NotreDameNate
08-16-2011, 01:46 PM
Grass!

NDgrandson
01-31-2012, 03:51 PM
Put Hardy at CB and watch both he and Tee start by mid year. Eiler Hardy is a good one. Makes the pain of missing on a 2nd stud CB tomorrow easier to deal with. Two tall, athletic, long armed CBs would be nice on the filed along with Slaughter and Motta.

morrdave9
01-31-2012, 04:03 PM
Would much rather have Slaughter and Hardy (if healthy) at S, with Jalen Brown and Tee at CB.

pmarrack
01-31-2012, 08:52 PM
Would much rather have Slaughter and Hardy (if healthy) at S, with Jalen Brown and Tee at CB.

My inside connections to the ND coaches are very feeble indeed, so pay no attention to what I'm about to say, but from what I've heard, the staff thinks Hardy's future is at cornerback.

lowayne
01-31-2012, 10:06 PM
I really hope Hardy"s knee recovers.

NDisNCin2010
01-31-2012, 10:24 PM
what was hardys injury again? i forget

DublinIrish
02-01-2012, 02:32 AM
ACL wasnt it?

Purebred Irishman
04-12-2012, 06:21 AM
IrishIllustrated.com - Hardy motivated by reminders (http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1353772&PT=4&PR=2)

On the inside of his left arm, he has scripture to keep him spiritually grounded. On the inside of his right arm, he has the reminder of what it means to be a student-athlete at the University of Notre Dame.

Sitting below Touchdown Jesus is an interlocking ND with the Golden Dome below that and shamrocks all around.

For Eilar Hardy, the tattoo is a constant reminder.

“It was a commitment for me to stay focused,” said Hardy, the 5-foot-11, 185-pound sophomore from Reynoldsburg, Ohio. “I look at it every day.

The life of this young football player was derailed on the second day of full pads last August. He was taking part in a simple pop-up drill in which one defensive back runs with the football and the other pops up from the ground, squares his shoulders, and makes a hit.

Hardy, a Rivals top 250 player out of Pickerington Central High School, was the offensive player in the drill and fellow defensive back Gary Gray was the defender.

“(Gray) just gave me a simple shot,” Hardy recalled. “It wasn’t nothing hard and my foot got caught in the turf. My knee hyper-extended. I really didn’t think it was that serious. I thought it was just a minor knee injury. It really didn’t hurt.

“But I got the MRI that same day and they told me my LCL (lateral collateral ligament) was torn and my hamstring came off the bone.”

Hardy, who was still learning the ropes at safety behind Harrison Smith, Jamoris Slaughter and Zeke Motta, was running with the No. 1 kick coverage and kick return units at the time of the injury. He was in the mix to make an impact.

“(The coaches) had really big expectations for me and I was anxious to get out there and be a part of the team,” Hardy said.

That all changed on that August day, and the next four months were spent rehabbing.

“It was tough,” Hardy said. “It was a process that I had never been through, so it was hard for me mentally to stay focused and to keep my composure. Just being on the sideline and watching teams and not having the power to do anything to help the team win was frustrating.”

Hardy’s rehab was ahead of schedule to the point where he was able to practice with the team in Orlando for the Champs Sports Bowl, which means he’s had several months of full-tilt workouts to prepare for his first spring drills at Notre Dame.

But without the repetitions throughout the 2011 season, Hardy is playing catch-up like a typical freshman, only these reps are the equivalent of the ones he would have gotten had he been healthy in the fall.

“There’s a lot of catch-up because I didn’t have the reps and the exposure last year,” Hardy said. “The ability to actually know the game speed is just coming to me now.

“So basically, I’m a step behind. I’m watching a lot of film to get my knowledge and instincts back to where they were. It was a challenge to come back and learn the defense all over again because I was at rehab, not in the meeting rooms. I would do my schoolwork and then come in early to get my film work, just to refresh my mind. But it wasn’t the same as being out there.”

Hardy is in the mix this spring. He’s working with the second unit behind Zeke Motta and now, fortified with an extra 10 pounds, he’s picking up the pace.

“He gets better every practice,” said safeties coach Bob Elliott before the one-week Easter break. “He was hurt last fall, and he’s had some muscle injury problems this spring. So he’s really been held back by those injuries. He’s probably 80 percent right now, but he’s forcing himself through so he can learn.

“I know it’s frustrating for him because he can’t go 100 percent, so we really haven’t gotten a great evaluation of him yet. But hopefully, when he comes back from Easter break with four or five days to heal, we can get a good evaluation by the end of spring.”

A cornerback during his sophomore and junior seasons in high school, there was some talk about the possibility of Hardy playing cornerback this spring. But all of that talk was on the outside. Hardy has been running at free (field) safety every step of the way.

“I’m busting my butt in the weight room,” said Hardy, who no longer resembles the wispy-thin player that picked off seven passes during his junior and senior years combined at Pickerington. “That’s going to help me get back into shape and get my legs back.

“With me watching film and studying the playbook, everything will click. Once I do the little things, the big picture will come and everything else will follow behind it.

“In high school, we had three or four calls and then it was just being an athlete. Now it’s more alignment, it’s more seeing what the offense is doing and the formation. So there’s a lot that has to click real fast and I’m still going through the process.”

And when he needs a remember of the opportunity he has at Notre Dame, he simply looks at his right arm.

“My mom always tells me to get my degree,” Hardy said. “Don’t let anything come between that, so I look at this on my arm and I’m like, ‘I’ve got to finish. I’ve got to get through it no matter how hard it gets. I’ve got to stay focused and get through it.’”

Hardy’s Notre Dame career has just begun.

NDgrandson
08-08-2012, 09:55 PM
BK named almost ever defensive back on the roster today in his PC... no Hardy. What is the deal? Is he just not motivated or recovered from injury?

isotopes
08-23-2012, 10:53 AM
Published: August 23, 2012 3:00 a.m.
Notre Dame notebook

Sophomore safety Hardy ‘clicks’ into gear
Tony Krausz | The Journal Gazette
SOUTH BEND – Notre Dame safety Eilar Hardy has made the most of fall camp and is being rewarded.

The 5-foot-11, 185-pound sophomore appears to have jumped senior Dan McCarthy as the next safety behind starter Zeke Motta.

Hardy, who did not play while recovering from a knee injury last season, attributed the push he made up the depth chart to his understanding of the defense.

“I’m sure you have all experienced it in some point in your life, somebody will just keep telling you something and telling you something, and you don’t quite get it and one day it just clicks,” Hardy said Wednesday.

“I would say around Day 3 or 4, everything just started to make sense and slow down a lot more.”

JDriveSthND
04-09-2013, 02:17 PM
Anybody hearing anything about Hardy this spring? This was supposedly his time to make a move with Motta graduated and Collinsworth still working his way back, but I haven't seen a word about him from the coaching staff through 9 spring practices. He came in as one of the more highly touted safety recruits ND had gotten in awhile (of course, Redfield kind of reset the bar there), but he's going into his Junior season now and seems to have pretty much disappeared? Anyone know what's going on with him?

lowayne
04-09-2013, 04:57 PM
Anybody hearing anything about Hardy this spring? This was supposedly his time to make a move with Motta graduated and Collinsworth still working his way back, but I haven't seen a word about him from the coaching staff through 9 spring practices. He came in as one of the more highly touted safety recruits ND had gotten in awhile (of course, Redfield kind of reset the bar there), but he's going into his Junior season now and seems to have pretty much disappeared? Anyone know what's going on with him?

I haven't really heard much about the safeties and nickels in general. I guess there are other story lines getting more focus right now.

IrishDodger
11-07-2014, 03:24 PM
NCAA clears Eilar Hardy, able to play against ASU

Notre Dame senior safety Eilar Hardy has been cleared for competition by the NCAA, opening the door for him to play this weekend against Arizona State. Hardy was one of five Irish football players held out of action after an academic investigation ultimately cost DaVaris Daniels, Kendall Moore, KeiVarae Russell and Ishaq Williams their seasons.

Multiple reports had Hardy out for the season and tagged with a two-semester ban from the university after Honor Code violations. The university never commented on those reports, though this activity tends to fly in the face of those conclusions as Hardy joins the team on the active travel roster for the weekend.

After rejoining the team to practice after the Florida State game, Kelly said Thursday that he hoped to have Hardy with him this weekend, awaiting word from the NCAA on his eligibility.

“We’re in dialogue with the NCAA, trying to get a final clarification or a final declaration from them relative to his immediate eligibility,” Kelly said yesterday evening. “That is a fluid situation. We’re hoping to get a final answer from them very, very soon.”

Hardy officially joins the team at a perfect time, returning to a secondary that’s in need of healthy bodies at the safety position, with Max Redfield and Elijah Shumate only backed up by freshman Drue Tranquill.

At this time last year, Hardy was close to emerging as a significant contributor for the Irish. We’ll see if he’s able to get that opportunity again in November, with injuries to Austin Collinsworth and Nicky Baratti opening up the door for Hardy to play.

IrishDodger
01-23-2015, 07:20 PM
Notre Dame safety Eilar Hardy transferring, will be eligible to play next fall

After four years in South Bend, Indiana, as a member of the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, safety Eilar Hardy is ready to finish his college football career at another program.

Prior to the team’s appearance in the Music City Bowl, Hardy tweeted it was his last game with his Fighting Irish teammates. Now, he’s officially set to transfer with a few possible destinations already in mind:

Eilar Hardy has been released from his scholarship at ND and will transfer after graduation. BG, Miami (OH), Purdue, UConn possibilities.

— Irish Illustrated (@PeteSampson_) January 23, 2015

Miami (OH) would be the logical destination for Hardy since Chuck Martin, who previously served as Notre Dame’s secondary coach turned defensive coordinator, took over as the head coach of the Redhawks program in 2014. There is an obvious connection with the man that originally recruited him.

Hardy was considered a four-star recruit by Rivals.com and the nation’s 15th-ranked safety in 2011 when he originally committed to Notre Dame.

As a member of the Fighting Irish, Hardy played in 15 games over the past two seasons and started two games during the 2013 campaign. The safety was one of players suspended at the beginning of the 2014 campaign due to an academic investigation, though. Hardy recorded 35 tackles when given the opportunity to play.

As a graduate transfer, Hardy will be able to play immediately for his new team.