PDA

View Full Version : '11 FL OT Jordan Prestwood (Offered/ Florida State LOI/Transfer to Notre Dame)

Pages : [1] 2

zimmsbg78
07-08-2009, 12:38 PM
Offensive Tackle
Plant City High School (Plant City, FL)

Links of Interest:
Rivals Profile (http://notredame.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=99242)

Height: 6-foot-6
Weight: 250 lbs
Forty: 4.98 secs
Bench Max:
Squat Max:
Shuttle:
Vertical:
GPA:

Multimedia:
http://prepsreport.com/MediaPlayers/BCP.html?ee_mediahash=5827b54103dc96d182e9290cb0fe d153

zimmsbg78
07-08-2009, 12:38 PM
Reserved for photos

zimmsbg78
07-08-2009, 12:45 PM
Jordan has already named a top three........ND, Auburn and South Carolina. He currently holds only one offer from Florida International. He has visited each school in his top three already this summer. Jordan's take on ND,(his quotes)....."loved it there" the campus, atmosphere and the facilites were all amazing. He said academics and comfort level are two factors in his decision.

wicket
07-08-2009, 12:48 PM
good size for a kid, might make him a OT?

SpanishElite
07-08-2009, 12:51 PM

haha why does everyone want to move every big TE into an OT. What kind of demeanor does he have? What kind of player is he? Does he even block for his HS team or is he a Fido "split out" TE? Leave the TEs at TE and do a better job of finding OT.

zimmsbg78
07-08-2009, 12:51 PM

With that thought in mind.................Jordan said he's all done with unofficial visits and combines for the summer, except for a possibly attending a lineman camp at USF.

wicket
07-08-2009, 12:54 PM
haha why does everyone want to move every big TE into an OT. What kind of demeanor does he have? What kind of player is he? Does he even block for his HS team or is he a Fido "split out" TE? Leave the TEs at TE and do a better job of finding OT.

I saw his 40 time and we dont really use pure blocking TE's that much. Besides that converted TE's usually make good LT's

zimmsbg78
10-30-2009, 12:16 PM
Jordan is receiving interest from all over. Currently he receives regular interest and mail from ND, Wake Forest, pOSU, Bama, Florida, MSU, West Virginia, B.C., Nebraska, Duke, N.C. State, Iowa State, Rutgers, USF, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, Auburn, Miami, FSU, UGA, South Carolina, Cincinnati and Mizzo.

Jordan said ND, Wake Forest, Auburn, Miami, FSU and South Carolina are currently recruiting him the hardest. He grew up a fan of UGA. He named five schools that he currently favors over the rest.........ND, UGA, South Carolina, FSU and Auburn.

Jordan says he is currently being recruited by some for the TE position and others for OT.

Griff Cannon
11-05-2009, 09:14 AM
has visited ND twice so far this year

daytonirish
11-05-2009, 04:06 PM
It seems he did plat OT his first two years of H.S. was moved to TE this year.

irishmarine
11-05-2009, 04:13 PM
With that kind of speed I think ot would be best if he can block

mules1295
11-22-2009, 09:23 PM
Guys, check this highlight clip out of Jordan.

He is big and bruising. Catches the ball very well and he is a great blocker in space....
Heard the grapevine that the Gators got hold of this and contacted him right away. Jordan will be at this weeks Florida - FSU game....

Just wanted to provide you an update.... Hopefully we offer this guy

http://prepsreport.com/MediaPlayers/PlantCity.html

wicket
02-07-2010, 07:28 AM
offered according to bgi

irishmarine
02-07-2010, 09:38 AM
Good, either position is a spot of need

Katzenboyer
02-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Rivals also has him listed with an offer.

I really hope this is another OT project, as I like some of the other TE offers we have out there better. Would love to plug him into the development machine.

irishmarine
02-09-2010, 01:08 PM
If he commits thy would be two big body project tackles. I trust his judgement

irishunclebill
02-10-2010, 11:33 PM
Jordan is now considered to be an OT prospect.

zimmsbg78
03-04-2010, 09:25 AM
Florida has offered.

zimmsbg78
03-04-2010, 11:20 AM
Has received a offer from Bama after he attended their junior day. Unofficially visited FSU this past weekend. Has also received a offer from Louisville.

Griff Cannon
03-05-2010, 10:36 AM
planning to visit for spring practice on march 25-28

zimmsbg78
03-08-2010, 10:00 AM
U$C has offered.

wicket
03-22-2010, 11:05 PM
might be telling old news but Jordan will come up to SB this weekend

zimmsbg78
03-25-2010, 08:17 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/columns/story?columnist=shurburtt_jc&id=5023703

• Fast-rising offensive tackle Jordan Prestwood (Plant City, Fla./Plant City) will be in South Bend from March 25 through 28 for an unofficial visit. The Fighting Irish were one of the first teams to offer Prestwood, who has picked up offers from Florida, USC and others since then. Notre Dame always has been a big factor here and will be in it until the end.

Irishlaw
03-26-2010, 05:46 PM
find it very entertaining that a kid with this kind of offer sheet wasnt on the rivals 250 watchlist

stonebreakerwasgod
03-26-2010, 06:33 PM
Was at the practice. That's a great place for a recruit to be, so that he can see what he's getting into, and visualize himself with the team.

grokster
03-28-2010, 11:10 PM
We seem to be in the lead for Jordan after his visit this weekend. Lot's of time for that to change but for now we have a real shot.

SpanishElite
03-29-2010, 03:35 PM
We seem to be in the lead for Jordan after his visit this weekend. Lot's of time for that to change but for now we have a real shot.

That would be amazing if it is indeed true. With ND taking a small class this year they probably will only take 3-4 OL. And it is crucial that the ones ND gets are elite caliber players to make up for the misses in the last classes.

JMR8
03-29-2010, 09:36 PM
Very early but still good news. ND is infact in the lead for Prestwood.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/onthetrail?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf %2frecruiting%2fonthetrail

He will most likely take an official visit during the season, this last visit was an un-official so thats nice to know he wanted to come all the way up from FL for an un-official. Would be a great get!

irishunclebill
03-29-2010, 11:11 PM
Very early but still good news. ND is infact in the lead for Prestwood.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/onthetrail?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf %2frecruiting%2fonthetrail

He will most likely take an official visit during the season, this last visit was an un-official so thats nice to know he wanted to come all the way up from FL for an un-official. Would be a great get!

I assume you are aware that all visits made by Juniors this time of year to any campus are unofficial visits.

irishmarine
03-30-2010, 02:03 AM
Reguardless, still good to see him interested enough to come up

irishunclebill
03-30-2010, 10:48 AM
Reguardless, still good to see him interested enough to come up

That's very true Marine. The point of my post though was to clarify for those who might not be aware that in March there is no distinction possible between an official and an un-official visit. The original post implied that there might be.

Anyone who makes that long of a trip on their own dime from that distance is usually someone with a solid interest in the school they are visiting. That is why it was good to see guys like Austin, Hegarty, and Stevenson at ND on Junior Day. Of course there are always exceptions. It's a bit of a hike from Boston to South Bend as well and Louis-Jean made that trip despite the fact that he committed to Miami the day before he left Boston for South Bend. Maybe he was just being polite.

In any case and more importantly in the case of Jordan Prestwood, he is planning on making another unofficial visit to South Bend before the end of spring.

JMR8
03-30-2010, 12:30 PM
yeah i knew that. i was just putting it out there really. saying that if he liked ND enough to take an un-official from FL then he will most likely have an official lined up as well.

zimmsbg78
03-31-2010, 12:25 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=5043072

The top prospect at the immensely-talented Hillsborough County school is tight end Jordan Prestwood and the 6-foot-6, 265-pound junior has more than a dozen offers from some of the top programs in the country.

"I may be biased, but I think Jordan is the best recruit in Florida based on his size, weight and what he does out in space. He's not supposed to do those things that he does on film. You have other guys that look the part and they do it and you say 'okay,' but you see a guy like Jordan running seam routes, fades and playing in space and I don't see anything that compares to that," said Strunk.

While Prestwood plays tight end, situational fullback and some defensive tackle, the physical, agile and relentless prospect projects to offensive tackle at the next level.

With offers from the likes of Alabama, Notre Dame, Florida, Florida State, Auburn, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas Tech, USC and many others, the process can become overwhelming.

"I'm taking it all in right now," said Prestwood. "It's real hectic and I'm just looking for a comfort level when looking at the people I'm going to be around for four years of my life. I've been to junior days South Carolina, Auburn, Florida, Alabama and Florida State. They are all top-notch programs and had their things that stood out more than others, but they were all great. I'm also going to Notre Dame for a spring practice and back to the area schools for spring practices."

publicola
04-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Not that recruiting matters that much in the overall scheme of things, but FYI: Prestwood plans to announce on Monday, which I assume means that he's committing to ND.

NDisNCin2010
04-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Not that recruiting matters that much in the overall scheme of things, but FYI: Prestwood plans to announce on Monday, which I assume means that he's committing to ND.

never thought i say this but if he in fact was planning on committing to ND maybe he should wait a while in light of all thats going on right now...the irony of losing an OT so tragically like Big Matt and then getting one the likes of prestwood to commit is hard to digest...sort of a cosmic twist/irony...im not sure can't quite explain it.

stonebreakerwasgod
04-03-2010, 01:46 PM
He would be a great 2nd commit.

SpanishElite
04-03-2010, 02:17 PM
I hope ND can land Prestwood. He hads a great offer list and would be another huge commit from the state of Florida for Coach Kelly and ND.

JMR8
04-03-2010, 03:22 PM
i think if prestwood wants to commit right away then he should. i know the loss of james puts adamper on things, but this has nothing to do with james.

this would be a real solid get for the irish and if he does choose ND (which it looks like he will) then i hope we can keep him on board.

i'm not trying to deisrespect or ignore the loss of james, but like i said this has nothing to do with the fact. that is all.

NDgrandson
04-03-2010, 03:52 PM
i think if prestwood wants to commit right away then he should. i know the loss of james puts adamper on things, but this has nothing to do with james.

this would be a real solid get for the irish and if he does choose ND (which it looks like he will) then i hope we can keep him on board.

i'm not trying to deisrespect or ignore the loss of james, but like i said this has nothing to do with the fact. that is all.

I know what you mean. I think it is related if the tone of the commitment is celebratory. If he just wants to join the Irish now and end his recruitment without any hoopla that would be non related and great.

irishmarine
04-03-2010, 06:58 PM
I agree. It's a tough situation to go into but I know it will be handled properly and with respect for all parties.

NDIRISH44
04-03-2010, 07:00 PM
i would gladly welcome another RKG to the ND family.

Griff Cannon
04-03-2010, 11:06 PM

feels like an eternity since I had something to celebrate

NDGirlzRock
04-04-2010, 12:15 AM
If Matt was anything, he was a football player and I would think that he is looking down on us and would approve of the timing! Way to go Jordan!!!

NDgrandson
04-04-2010, 03:57 AM
If Matt was anything, he was a football player and I would think that he is looking down on us and would approve of the timing! Way to go Jordan!!!

Let's not jump the gun too much.

NDgrandson
04-04-2010, 04:03 AM
http://www.mghelmets.com/helmet%20thumbs/custom/air-jordan.gif

Pressed wood
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pressed_wood
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Pressed wood is any engineered wood building and furniture construction material made from wood veneers, particles, or wood fibers bonded together with an adhesive under heat and pressure.

[edit] See also
Engineered wood
Fiberboard
Glued laminated timber
Hardboard
Laminated veneer lumber
Masonite
Medium-density fiberboard
Oriented strand board
Parallel Strand Lumber
Particle board
Plywood

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1694436237605&id=2df0ca2fcf68a14065bdebb9b884fa9e&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.matthewsmarking.com%2fimages% 2fpress-releases%2fwood_marking_samples.jpg

Purebred Irishman
04-04-2010, 08:33 AM
http://notredame.scout.com/2/959415.html

Jordan Prestwood has picked up close to 20 scholarship offers and he is ready to put an end to the recruiting process. He now knows where he is going and he will be committing soon.

Jordan Prestwood is a 6-foot-6, 270 pound junior out of Plant City (FL) and he has picked up offers from Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Notre Dame, South Carolina, Texas Tech, USC,West Virginia among others.
He is now set to commit to one of those schools.

"I am having a press conference at the school on Monday at 3:15pm to announce," said Prestwood.

When asked about schools that he is considering, he said he is not naming a list of any type before he commits to one Monday afternoon.

The public may not know where he is going, but the staff he plans to play for in the future does.

He has already informed the coaches of the school he will publicly commit to of his decision.

This decision has come a little earlier than expected, but Prestwood planned to make his decision when he felt ready and he feels the time is right now.

"I know the school I am choosing is the place I want to be a part of," he said. "I am real excited about making my decision because I know I have found the place I want to be."

Prestwood would not tip his hand in any way, but he plans to let everyone know Monday after school the place that he plans to call home once he leaves Plant City High School in 2010.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

irishmarine
04-04-2010, 11:27 AM
Hope it's here at southbend

robdog_5
04-04-2010, 12:41 PM
timing says it is. But never count your chickens in recruiting.

NDGirlzRock
04-04-2010, 09:45 PM
Let's not jump the gun too much.

Not jumping the gun, just vibing???

zimmsbg78
04-05-2010, 09:49 AM
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/floridarecruiting/2010/04/04/plant-city-te-jordan-prestwood-will-announce-his-college-choice-monday-notre-dame-looks-to-be-the-leader/

Plant City tight end Jordan Prestwood, who also can play offensive and defensive line, will announce his college choice on Monday afternoon. Among his other favorites through the process have been Notre Dame, Florida State, Florida, Alabama and USC.

Prestwood (6-6, 265), the No. 15-ranked player in the Sentinel’s Florida Top 100 by Bill Buchalter, is quite mobile for a big man and runs a sub-five second 40-yard dash. He grew up as an FSU fan, but last week, after a third trip to Notre Dame, he came back with the Fighting Irish atop his leaderboard and a change from that on Monday would be a surprise.

irishmarine
04-05-2010, 10:47 AM
Is his announcemnt gonna be in the web anywhere?

Synoptico
04-05-2010, 10:55 AM
It kind of feels weird being in good shape with so many OL and DEs this year.

Griff Cannon
04-05-2010, 10:56 AM
Is his announcemnt gonna be in the web anywhere?

if anyone does I would guess ISD since that is who he called to say he was announcing today, they might do a special power hour with him like they did with shembo but otherwise I haven't seen anything

jcamp
04-05-2010, 11:17 AM
Not that it really matters, but what is he projected star wise. Also, when will rivals come out with there ranking?

Synoptico
04-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Not that it really matters, but what is he projected star wise. Also, when will rivals come out with there ranking?

He is a 4 star OT ranked 18 nationally at OT position on Scout. Not sure when Rivals does all their rankings.

wicket
04-05-2010, 11:30 AM
seems like he would be a solid 4* kinda kid, no idea when the rivals rankings will be released but its to be expected that prestwood would be in the latter half of the rivals250

a1ND
04-05-2010, 12:59 PM
He's #15 in this guy's FL list which is very impressive - http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/os-recruiting-sentinel-florida-top-100-2011,0,5252223.htmlstory

I think he is a kid who's stock will continue to rise during his senior year since I don't think he's played much OT.

irishunclebill
04-05-2010, 03:19 PM
Irish.

NDIRISH44
04-05-2010, 03:21 PM
"I am very happy to announce, along with my mom and dad, that I have decided to play OFFENSIVE TACKLE at the UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME

man, that's beautiful. welcome to the family son.

sreepointer
04-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Great news!. Welcome Jordan.

lowayne
04-05-2010, 03:28 PM
This is wonderful news. The OL and OT needs reinforcements of this caliber.

wicket
04-05-2010, 03:30 PM
very classy announcement iyam, very impressesive and a great addition to this class

irishmarine
04-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Great news

grokster
04-05-2010, 04:01 PM
One of the best commitment announcements I have read in a very long time.

Welcome to ND!

stonebreakerwasgod
04-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Not shocked, but delighted.

step30044
04-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Kids a class act

"Before I take questions," Prestwood said, "my family and I would like to extend our prayers and condolences to the family of Matt James. It saddens me that I lost a fellow Notre Dame commit and future Irish teammate."

http://rutgers.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1071104

mules1295
04-05-2010, 04:48 PM
For the record, Jordan Prestwood is a 5 Star Recruit. ESPN has him listed as that. The problem with Rivals is they don't know how to rate him because he is playing TE not OT in high school. Thats whats happening with the star system. He is a 5 Star player, one of the most coveted in the country. Notre Dame is a getting a classy kid and tremendous football player

Win4Gipper
04-05-2010, 05:08 PM
What kind of * rating is he expecting to get...

Synoptico
04-05-2010, 05:26 PM
What kind of * rating is he expecting to get...

He is a 4 star OT ranked 18 nationally at OT position on Scout. Not sure when Rivals does all their rankings.

SpanishElite
04-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Kids a class act

"Before I take questions," Prestwood said, "my family and I would like to extend our prayers and condolences to the family of Matt James. It saddens me that I lost a fellow Notre Dame commit and future Irish teammate."

http://rutgers.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1071104

I agree 100%. The kid is not only a great player, but a great person and he is a breath of fresh air for the ND program. Numa Numa great get! Congrats Jordan!

NDisNCin2010
04-05-2010, 05:51 PM
welcome to the ND Family Jordan!

Purebred Irishman
04-05-2010, 06:12 PM
I'm delighted for Jordan that he has gotten his recruitment over with and that he is coming to play for ND.
Great addition for ND and he seems a really classy kid as well.

Welcome to the Notre Dame family Jordan !!! Go Irish

Sparks inda Loo
04-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Great news to start the week.

Purebred Irishman
04-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Very good opening statement from Jordan today at his announcement:

"I would like to thank everyone for coming here today.

"The support I have received during this process has been great. Before I make my announcement, there are a few people that need to be recognized. Head coach Jason Strunk and all the coaches here at Plant City; Dr. Kelly Harper has done a great job getting me ready academically; I would like to thank my teammates, without them I would not be here.

"I would like to thank all of my recruiters. They have been terrific to me. Jim McElwain at Alabama; G.A. Mangus at South Carolina; Dan McCarney at Florida; Jay Boulware and Gus Malzahn at Auburn; Lawrence Dawsey at Florida State; James Cregg at USC and Tony Alford at Notre Dame. Those coaches were extremely nice to me and my entire family.

"There were some other schools that many people overlooked during this process. The coaching staff at Central Florida is outstanding, especially Jim Panagos and George Godsey. They did an outstanding job recruiting me. I was at five UCF games last year and every time I went I felt at home. They were great recruiters. Lastly, I would like to thank Shawn Clark at Purdue. I was seriously considering Purdue because of the relationship I built with coach Clark. He did a terrific job recruiting me. Purdue is an outstanding academic institution. I thank Coach Clark for allowing me the opportunity to have Purdue as one of my choices.

"When it was all said and done, one school stood out above the rest. One school really made me feel comfortable. It was very important to me that my parents felt just as comfortable as I did. Also, I have traveled with coach Strunk and my family all over the United States. Coach Strunk laid out a plan so I could get to all of my choices long before official visit dates. Without that I would not be able to make this announcement today. The recruiting process is over for me. This is more than a verbal commitment. My decision is final. I will not be recruited anymore.

"I am very happy to announce, along with my mom and dad, that I have decided to play OFFENSIVE TACKLE at the UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME.

"Coach Kelly is outstanding. Coach Alford did a great job recruiting me. Dave Peloquin gave me an unbelievable tour of Notre Dame. The entire staff is top notch and Athletic Director Jack Swarbrick is incredible. Notre Dame is the whole package.

"Before I take questions, my family and I would like to extend our prayers and condolences to the family of Matt James. It saddens me that I lost a fellow Notre Dame commit and future Irish teammate."

NDgrandson
04-05-2010, 07:34 PM
I like it. Is there any video of this announcement or was it a press release? He and Tate Nichols seem to be very similar in size and athleticism.

mules1295
04-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Here is a link to Tampa Tribune with picture.... Video will be coming. It was covered by 4 TV stations

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/apr/05/plant-city-high-football-star-headed-notre-dame/sports-prepsports/

stonebreakerwasgod
04-05-2010, 09:06 PM
I'll ask Prestwood what his rating is after he's playing on Sundays.

domehead1
04-05-2010, 10:20 PM
A class act indeed.
Welcome Jordan!

Go Irish

brownkj002
04-05-2010, 10:30 PM
good stuff

NDGirlzRock
04-05-2010, 11:40 PM
WOW this is a classy young man!!!! A huge welcome to you Jordan!!!!

zimmsbg78
04-06-2010, 08:29 AM
"Before I take questions, my family and I would like to extend our prayers and condolences to the family of Matt James. It saddens me that I lost a fellow Notre Dame commit and future Irish teammate."

This is a RKG!!!!!!!! I am very happy to have Jordan in this class. Taking time to send condelences to the James' family made my hair stand. Welcome to ND Jordan, I am very glad to have you part of the ND family.

stonebreakerwasgod
04-06-2010, 09:33 AM
Sounds like a quality kid in all aspects.

zimmsbg78
04-06-2010, 10:27 AM
http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/blog?name=southeast_recruiting&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf %2fblog%3fname%3dsoutheast_recruiting

Notre Dame landed a huge commitment on Monday from offensive tackle Jordan Prestwood (Plant City, Fla./Plant City), who may have been the fastest-rising prospect at his position in the country and has favored the Irish throughout the process.

Protecting the passer is a big part of any offense, in particular one that throws the ball a whole lot like Brian Kelly's, so having a prospect like Prestwood in the program is huge. Also, for Kelly and his staff to top the likes of Florida and USC on this player is huge as well. It shows that the first-year Irish staff can go out of region and win recruiting battles. As we all know, recruiting is all about perception and this does wonders for Notre Dame in the court of public opinion.

NDisNCin2010
04-06-2010, 11:00 AM
http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/blog?name=southeast_recruiting&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf %2fblog%3fname%3dsoutheast_recruiting

Also, for Kelly and his staff to top the likes of Florida and USC on this player is huge as well. It shows that the first-year Irish staff can go out of region and win recruiting battles. As we all know, recruiting is all about perception and this does wonders for Notre Dame in the court of public opinion.

and so the Kelly Recruiting Era has begun...and there was much rejoicing

stonebreakerwasgod
04-06-2010, 11:20 AM
There was NO doubt in my mind he could recruit. He used a helicopter in Cincy to visit HS coaches. (and Cincy isn't exactly NY or LA).

He works hard, and the best part is, his asst's seem to really have their sh..t together.

wicket
04-06-2010, 01:27 PM
Also, for Kelly and his staff to top the likes of Florida and USC on this player is huge as well. It shows that the first-year Irish staff can go out of region and win recruiting battles. As we all know, recruiting is all about perception and this does wonders for Notre Dame in the court of public opinion.

and so the Kelly Recruiting Era has begun...and there was much rejoicing

really should see monty python & the holy grail again

grokster
04-06-2010, 01:43 PM
MF has a video of Jordan over at ISD that will blow your mind. His skillz are over the top, whether playing OT, TE, WR or DT. Great hands, great feet, punishing blocker. He will bring a whole new meaning to the term Tackle Eligible. You have to feel sorry for those DB's that have to stop him once he gets going.

Jordan is going to be a BIG TIME player , and, more importantly, a great advocate for ND. :-)

NotreDameNate
04-06-2010, 01:50 PM
There was NO doubt in my mind he could recruit. He used a helicopter in Cincy to visit HS coaches. (and Cincy isn't exactly NY or LA).

He works hard, and the best part is, his asst's seem to really have their sh..t together.

I agree whole heartedly here. That's why I would get so pissed off when Kelly was being called out by "fans" in his first 2 months on not being able to recruit.... horrible misjudgment, imo. Now I realize ND isn't quite what it was before, but yet at the same time, it is freaking Notre Dame! IF, ND is winning, it damn near recruits itself. If ND is not winning, then you need some good recruiting effort going on. Kelly will work his ass off and I know he will be able to recruit. Recruiting involves effort, and Kelly will not be short of effort.

irishunclebill
04-06-2010, 02:59 PM
Prestwood Video.

http://prepsreport.com/MediaPlayers/BCP.html?ee_mediahash=5827b54103dc96d182e9290cb0fe d153

Johnnie1982
04-06-2010, 04:57 PM
If you get a chance to, everyone should read that opening statement. I give it two thumbs up. This is what Kelly was talking about when he said we are going after "RKG's".

SpanishElite
06-02-2010, 10:39 AM
J. Prestwood is 129 overall in the initial ESPN 150.
He is also the #27 ranked OT by Rivals.

publicola
06-08-2010, 12:16 PM
3-star on Rivals.

eric_navy
06-08-2010, 01:47 PM
3-star on Rivals.

I guess that's what happens when you don't commit to Urban.

zimmsbg78
06-29-2010, 12:47 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=5276590

Jordan Prestwood (Plant City, Fla./Plant City) has experience on the offensive line, but he spent his junior year as a jumbo tight end. He flashed some good athleticism there, but his home is on the offensive line. Prestwood is the most raw of the tackle prospects in the ESPNU 150. He will need to work on his technique, but he shows a high ceiling at the position.

zimmsbg78
07-08-2010, 11:15 AM
http://elitescoutingservices.com/news/2010/06/23/inside-the-huddle-offensive-line-2/#more-2279

When recruiting the state of Florida most colleges look for running backs, receivers, defensive backs and linebackers. One area that always seems to get overlooked is offensive line. This year will be no different but the talent level along the line is pretty good. You have Tyler Moore (Committed to Nebraska) that is a big time talent. Then you have a player like Bobby Hart that has the potential to be very good in a couple of years. There are many other high quality D1 prospects that will end up having very good college careers. When all is said and done there will be more then 30 prospects who sign D1 scholarships.

3) Jordan Prestwood-Plant City-6′5/285-(Committed to Notre Dame)-Like with Moore, Prestwood was a former tight end that will make the move to offensive line. He was already one of the best blocking tight ends in Florida. He is very physical at the point of attack. Add in his ability to block and good feet and Prestwood has not seen his best days. We like how well Prestwood gets to the 2nd level and finishes off his blocks. There are very few natural left tackles or potential left tackles and Prestwood fits the mold.

irishunclebill
07-22-2010, 01:33 PM
Jordan will be on campus next weekend at the same time as another as yet uncommitted Florida recruit. Prestwood's visit is primarily for his Mom to see campus but I would assume that he will make it his business to run into the other Florida recruit and his family.

HoffVir
07-22-2010, 01:46 PM
Gee, I wonder who you're talking about. :bigsmile:

wicket
08-06-2010, 05:01 PM
16th rated OT in tharingers fall update

http://tharinger.com/site/2011OTs.htm

NDgrandson
08-10-2010, 07:21 PM
http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/football/2971-prestwood-talks-visit-lofty-expectations-position-change

Here is most of it.

Prestwood Talks Visit, Lofty Expectations, Position Change
Written by Andy Sunstrum Tuesday, 10 August 2010 15:01

Jordan Prestwood had already visited Notre Dame and knew that he loved the campus. However, two people that are of great importance to Prestwood, his mom, Lacinda, and his brother, Ty, had never been to South Bend. That changed last week when the family took a summer road trip up to Indiana, in order to get a first hand look at where Jordan would be attending college and playing football.
I caught up with Prestwood, after he had made his way back home to Plant City, Fla, and I talked to him about his recent visit to Notre Dame, as well as how preparation for his senior season is going.

“It was great” said Prestwood, referring to his family’s venture to South Bend last week. “My mom loved everything about it. She was really excited to meet all the coaches. We arrived Wednesday and stayed through Thursday, it was a great experience.”

While on his visit, the Florida standout had a chance to meet with the Notre Dame coaching staff and some of his future team-mates.

"I had the chance to sit down with all of the offensive coaches, including Brian Kelly,” said Prestwood. “I (also) spent time with (offensive guard) Trevor Robinson while I was there, that was cool,”

Although the primary focus of the trip centered on Notre Dame, Prestwood and his family also planned a vacation around their excursion.

“My brother lives in Greensboro, North Carolina, so we drove there, and then up to Chicago,” said the future offensive tackle prospect. “We went to a Cubs game and then over to Notre Dame,”

Now Prestwood’s focus shifts to his senior season.

“I’m excited,” proclaimed Prestwood. “Last year we finished 7-3 and lost in the first round of the playoffs to Plant High School.”

This coming season the ESPN 150 prospect intends on leading his team to even bigger things.

“I see no reason why we shouldn’t go undefeated this year; we have a really good team back,” said the Plant City star.

“We had a workout program Monday to Thursday, in the morning, plus I did extra work on my own,” said the class of 2011 mauler.

All that work appears to have paid off.

“I’m 6-foot-6, 280-pounds right now,” said Prestwood, who is preparing to make a switch, back to the offensive tackle position, from tight end, which he played last fall.

I’ll be playing offensive tackle this year,” said Prestwood. “Last year was the first year that they had me catching passes, before that I always played offensive line."

With Prestwood’s senior season about to commence, he has managed to find time to stay in contact with other class of 2011 recruits.

“I talk to Carrico,” mentioned Prestwood. “I (also) talk to Aaron Lynch, he lives three and a half hours away from me. I talked to him just about every day before he committed,”.

NDgrandson
08-10-2010, 07:24 PM
He will be at the Dec. 1st football banquest according to that article.

Jiggafini19
08-10-2010, 08:27 PM
I would like to see this guy wind up at defensive end before Carrico and or Springmann. He and Lynch as the book ends of the front three would be awesome. I think Prestwood has more athleticism and skills to play DE. It would appear he's an OT all the way, but part of me hopes he gets a look on D.

IrishFan123
10-12-2010, 07:04 PM
Decommitted today.

Griff Cannon
10-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Decommitted today.

wouldn't say he decommitted would say he is looking around, until he does an interview at least

IrishFan123
10-12-2010, 07:11 PM
wouldn't say he decommitted would say he is looking around, until he does an interview at least

How's that?

http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1138391

brownkj002
10-12-2010, 07:12 PM
damn, i wonder if this is why we offered martin? UF or FSU?

Griff Cannon
10-12-2010, 07:28 PM
How's that?

http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1138391

that works :(

NDisNCin2010
10-12-2010, 07:35 PM
what a day...first rudolph, now this.
UGH
still not over yet but dont like sound (smell) of this one...
that 4th star is now within reach for him

stew654
10-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Yah they still in mix that reasuring. We gonna move spring over anyway opens up another d line offer

MoeMontana
10-12-2010, 10:41 PM
He's only a three-star and we're already pretty stacked at that position. This might be good as it opens up another spot for a big get.

therizz
10-12-2010, 10:44 PM
He's only a three-star and we're already pretty stacked at that position. This might be good as it opens up another spot for a big get.

He was offered by every team in the nation. This hurts. I don't think he will come back to ND. He wouldn't de-commit only to recommit...it's rarely happened in recruiting. Let's hope he still comes to ND though.

MoeMontana
10-12-2010, 10:47 PM
He was offered by every team in the nation. This hurts. I don't think he will come back to ND. He wouldn't de-commit only to recommit...it's rarely happened in recruiting. Let's hope he still comes to ND though.

It would be a big loss if we had nobody to replace him. We do. It's not really that big of a loss in the scheme of things. He would be among the bottom half of this years recruits. This year is all about the defense anyway. Let him go.

marv81s
10-12-2010, 10:56 PM
no, it wasn't the reason ND offered Martin. ND was looking at adding another OT before Prestwood decided to start looking at a couple other schools, now they will be looking at another, unless Jordan decides he wants back on board.

It would be extremely, extremely shortsighted to just look at him as "just a 3 star". He is a very talented prospect and his ranking so far was based on him playing TE up until this year. There is a reason why he has an offer from every "elite" program in the country

I hope ND can get Niklas on campus fairly soon. He is open to playing OT and I believe the craphole university out in LA offered him as a OT also

scooper
10-12-2010, 10:56 PM
It would be a big loss if we had nobody to replace him. We do. It's not really that big of a loss in the scheme of things. He would be among the bottom half of this years recruits. This year is all about the defense anyway. Let him go.

Step away from those little yellow stars that the sneetches covet so much and look at this offer list compared to other commits as well as other OTs around the country.

He is easily or should I say was easily among the top half of our commits.

It's not the end of the world, as there are other good OL in this class, as well as some DEs who could move over, but it's still a big loss when you lose an OT that has offers from Florida, Florida St., USC, Alabama, Auburn and just about everybody else. There's a reason scout thinks he's a top 10 OT.

thixon
10-12-2010, 11:10 PM
http://www.southbendtribune.com/article/20101012/SPORTS13/101019816/1130

Looks like his coach is still trying to get him on campus. If that happens and the Irish can run the table, who knows.

lowayne
10-12-2010, 11:12 PM

I am interested in building a program that wins games, not recruiting analyst championships. Prestwood is squarely in the former category.

STLDomer1868
10-12-2010, 11:35 PM
I would like to get this one back. I think that he has the potential to fit in well with the spread. I also think his fellow recruits will help him work this out and come back to where he belongs.

MoeMontana
10-12-2010, 11:37 PM
Step away from those little yellow stars that the sneetches covet so much and look at this offer list compared to other commits as well as other OTs around the country.

He is easily or should I say was easily among the top half of our commits.

It's not the end of the world, as there are other good OL in this class, as well as some DEs who could move over, but it's still a big loss when you lose an OT that has offers from Florida, Florida St., USC, Alabama, Auburn and just about everybody else. There's a reason scout thinks he's a top 10 OT.

Who cares about stars, who cares about offers. We don't have a pressing need at OT. He won't be missed.

STLDomer1868
10-12-2010, 11:43 PM
Who cares about stars, who cares about offers. We don't have a pressing need at OT. He won't be missed.

I agree with the stars, but I disagree about offers. The top schools are the best at identifying top talent and he has offers from the top. Good players are ALWAYS missed and you can never have enough quality OT's in my opinion.

marv81s
10-12-2010, 11:47 PM

what roster you looking at?

NotreDameNate
10-12-2010, 11:50 PM
None of us know if he will be missed or not. But getting ND back to a big time level requires having serious depth at the majority of positions. I never heard USC say they had enough 5 star RB's, or any other position. Hell I think SC had like 5 or 6 five star RB's at one point in time. Regardless, getting Prestwood to recommit needs to happen. We need quality depth at the OL position due to either injuries, graduation, or some guys that just don't live up to expectations in college. I'm guessing by reading your posts we will agree to disagree, but that's what a message board is for sometimes.

irishunclebill
10-12-2010, 11:58 PM

I don't get this attitude Moe. He won't be missed, are you serious? A top flight recruit from a storied HS program in Florida won't be missed. You have to be kidding, right?

As for not having a pressing need at OT what numbers are you looking at. With Prestwood gone, even if Dever comes back for a 5th year that leaves ND with only 7 projected scholarship OT's for 2011. That is hardly tremendous depth. Now if you assume that Carrico and Springmann are going to play OT that makes it 9 which helps that number, but remember that ND recruited Prestwood to play OT, but did not recruit either of the other two to play there. That should tell you that the ND staff preferred Prestwood over both Carrico and Springmann on the OL, and with all due respect to Brad and Tony neither has the upside that Prestwood has as an OT.

I agree that ND should just move on but to say that Prestwood won't be missed is pretty shortsighted and to say that we don't need him is even more shortsighted.

Someone on another board mentioned that the emergence of Zach Martin as a top flight LOT and the fact that he will still have 3 years of eligibilty left when Prestwood would have arrived on campus may be a reason for this de-commit. I think that is a very good point and it may very well make it tougher for ND to find another LOT prospect willing to commit this year. Then again there is always Pat Flavin, just sayin'.

marv81s
10-13-2010, 12:05 AM
i'd take troy niklas over flavin, and martin's younger bro over flavin also

no offense to flavin meant there, I just like both of those prospects as an o-linemen in a spread offense than flavin.

irishunclebill
10-13-2010, 12:08 AM

Again I'm not sure what you are looking at but based on the consensus rankings of Rivals, Scout, and ESPN, Prestwood was #7 of the 20 ND verbals prior to his de-commit.

NDGirlzRock
10-13-2010, 12:13 AM
Flavin's offer list isn't too shabby either!!! Just saying!!!

irishunclebill
10-13-2010, 12:17 AM
i'd take troy niklas over flavin, and martin's younger bro over flavin also

no offense to flavin meant there, I just like both of those prospects as an o-linemen in a spread offense than flavin.

I don't disagree, but Nick Martin was probably already in the fold before word of the Prestwood de-commit and Niklas seems to be more of a longshot now than before. I don't think Flavin will see an offer anyway just because of the Prestwood de-commit, but if ND is still looking at one more OT down the road and there is still room for one more recruit in the class Flavin is not exactly a chump change OT.

It would also be kind of nice to see his patience with and loyalty to ND rewarded if it is not at the expense of losing a recruit who might be a better fit for the Irish system.

JMR8
10-13-2010, 12:21 AM
Nick Martin is a must get now. I really hope he comes back, he is going to be a beast once he adds some bulk and learns the position. He seemed to be very close to a lot of the other recruits so this was a big surprise to me. I understand he's gotts do his own things and be positive, but we could really use his talents and ND is going to be a great opportunity for him...especially in the next few years. I hope a few of the guys talk to him, I really really love this recruiting class, I wanna see them all stick together!

lowayne
10-13-2010, 12:31 AM
what roster you looking at?

One supplied by the Ty Willingham staff.

MoeMontana
10-13-2010, 02:27 AM
All i'm saying is that with 7 OTs we're not in dire straights. We'll just pick up another OT (or two or three) next year. I'm not going to cry about Prestwood. He's 17 years old and doesn't know what he wants. It happens. Life goes on. It gives us another schollie to offer another defensive player. This year is about the defense. Sorry to offend, but it's just how I feel.

eric_navy
10-13-2010, 06:28 AM
Again I'm not sure what you are looking at but based on the consensus rankings of Rivals, Scout, and ESPN, Prestwood was #7 of the 20 ND verbals prior to his de-commit.

If he commits to Urban the rankings will self-correct.

ChicagoIrish
10-13-2010, 09:40 AM

In addition to what you wrote, it's bears mentioning that based on his offer list, he was probably (easily?) our most underrated recruit. When 'Bama, Florida, FSU, Tennessee and USC are after you, 3 stars on rivals is probably misleading. Combine that with the fact that he's essentially a TE who's still in the process of converting to an OT and you have a very athletic kid of incredible size who is the absolute perfect fit for Kelly's offense. If it sticks, this is a big loss. I'm hoping for some Alford magic tricks, but I'm not exactly holding my breath.

Synoptico
10-13-2010, 09:47 AM
Bummer... hopefully he reconsiders but at least it didn't happen in January

ChicagoIrish
10-13-2010, 10:05 AM
FYI, over on Irish Envy, Aaron Lynch's mother said that Prestwood and Lynch are taking an OV to ND together in December. I presume this would be the banquet weekend. I think we're very much still in this. Academics aside, I imagine that he's as confused as anyone else would be if they lived in Florida, with the climate and local college football programs that are there, and was considering moving to a faraway place with a different clime and a program without as much recent success.

Does anyone know if he's looking to EE? I thought I read that somewhere, but I could have my wires crossed.

publicola
10-13-2010, 10:14 AM
I don't get this attitude Moe. He won't be missed, are you serious? A top flight recruit from a storied HS program in Florida won't be missed. You have to be kidding, right?

careful, iub -- being remotely realistic will earn you stern reproaches for your "negativity" from some posters here

SouthernIrish
10-13-2010, 11:20 AM
does anyone have any real idea as to why he de-committed? It almost sounded like family or a girlfriend based on his comment in the Rivals article.."wants to look at some closer schools, like UF and FSU". WTH is that? He wants to go there just because they are closer or in-state? No mention of UM? I find it hard to believe he will come back to ND as a commit or even to visit and even harder to believe he would leave just because Martin is tearing it up. Hegarty is a pretty good player too. This sounds more like just a distance deal and that can't be over come. Too bad, the kid is going to be a stud. With him and Hegarty plus Lombard and Nichols that was going to be an awesome OL in 2-3 years.

JDNDSyrnafan
10-14-2010, 09:14 AM
does anyone have any real idea as to why he de-committed? It almost sounded like family or a girlfriend based on his comment in the Rivals article.."wants to look at some closer schools, like UF and FSU". WTH is that? He wants to go there just because they are closer or in-state? No mention of UM? I find it hard to believe he will come back to ND as a commit or even to visit and even harder to believe he would leave just because Martin is tearing it up. Hegarty is a pretty good player too. This sounds more like just a distance deal and that can't be over come. Too bad, the kid is going to be a stud. With him and Hegarty plus Lombard and Nichols that was going to be an awesome OL in 2-3 years.

It is an interview with his coach. We are not out of it with Prestwood. He is having some second thoughts. The distance could be a factor. The coach is definitely thinking ND is the place for him. I went to school 1200 miles from home. I never really thought about the fact that I could only go home at semester breaks. But, then again it was not an option. My family became the people I went to school with. It will be the same for him. I hope he reconsiders.

Revolver
10-14-2010, 12:31 PM

Nice post as usual Moe. It's good to keep things in perspective.

Although it is never good to have a decommit, i'll take this one over many others. And in the end, maybe he ends up irish anyways as he is visiting again in december.

We need to flip Martin now and perhaps add a Flavin or re-aquire Prestwood later.

We have some big defensive fish to fry in meantime. I think we get French soon and Ishaq later. Forget Lyons.

In the meantime, there is one thing ND needs to do: Just win baby.

fightenmick2
10-14-2010, 01:19 PM
Thank heavens Notre Dame didn't land Greg Little..

lowayne
10-14-2010, 01:40 PM
Prestwood is a bigtime recruit. I am confused why people think losing out on him would be a zero to negligible impact.

NotreDameNate
10-14-2010, 01:41 PM
Gotta agree Lo.

JMR8
10-14-2010, 01:57 PM
yeah, hes gonna be a beast with a little more experience on the line and some more bulk. he didnt get the offers he has for no resason.

Synoptico
10-14-2010, 02:24 PM
Prestwood is a bigtime recruit. I am confused why people think losing out on him would be a zero to negligible impact.

To Save Face

MoeMontana
10-14-2010, 05:12 PM
Because it's October, the signing day deadline being February, and there are other "big time" recruits out there.

lowayne
10-14-2010, 06:32 PM
Because it's October, the signing day deadline being February, and there are other "big time" recruits out there.

There are other very solid D-1 prospects out there, yes. No other OL ND has a shot with has the consensus potential that top-tier football programs see in Prestwood. This is no slight at the other guys, I like them too. There are always other recruits though, and ND should strive for the best. JP is the top guy left on the board for us on the OL. I'd like to have him be Irish.

MoeMontana
10-14-2010, 06:45 PM
lowayne, next year. We'll get another three-star guy next year. All is good.

lowayne
10-14-2010, 07:05 PM
I am not even sure why I am arguing this. I'm not worried about next year, depth starts now.

Jordan is a 4* of 2 of 3 recruiting services, a top 10 OT.

Rumors are that he is up for a 4th star from the understaffed rivals.com website soon.

He is well regarded in non-major recruiting services as well. Former rivals.com analysts now at 24/7 sports have him at the #6 OT.

He had early offers from 4 of the last 6 national championship teams.

Point out anyone with that caliber of potential that ND has a solid chance with this year.

publicola
10-14-2010, 07:11 PM
I am not even sure why I am arguing this. I'm not worried about next year, depth starts now.

Rumors are that he is up for a 4th star from the understaffed rivals.com website soon.

He is well regarded in non-major recruiting services as well. Former rivals.com analysts now at 24/7 sports have him at the #6 OT.

Point out anyone with that caliber of potential that ND has a solid chance with this year.

exactly -- he's not a 3-star, and he has the offers to prove it. no one's claiming that the entire world will collapse in on itself if he doesn't sign with ND, but to pretend like it isn't a significant loss is laughable.

sreepointer
10-14-2010, 08:43 PM

Yeah, ND should only go for 4 and 5* guys, because the roster is full of them and just look at the results they have brought, oh wait..........:tease:

wicket
10-14-2010, 09:17 PM
Yeah, ND should only go for 4 and 5* guys, because the roster is full of them and just look at the results they have brought, oh wait..........:tease:

dont be so down on recruiting, just go all 5* outside of kickers

step30044
10-14-2010, 10:04 PM

I don't know why you are trying to explain something to someone who has is not willing to listen. This is a big loss IMO we dont have any real chance of replacing this guy's talent with another recruit this year.

lowayne
10-14-2010, 11:16 PM
Laying it out. We shouldn't give up on him and act like we are as good without him as with when he is the best on our board. I agree with Rev, there is a good chance to real him back in and so the staff should go for it (I think).

This is football, it takes tenacity to win on the field and in recruiting. Take a hit, get up and get after it. Don't back down when the Gator or the Nole come walking in the room. We are ND!

HoffVir
10-15-2010, 12:43 AM
I need him, I want him, oh baby, oh baby ...

... but I'll live if he doesn't end up Irish.

MoeMontana
10-15-2010, 01:57 AM
exactly -- he's not a 3-star, and he has the offers to prove it. no one's claiming that the entire world will collapse in on itself if he doesn't sign with ND, but to pretend like it isn't a significant loss is laughable.

publicola,

You'd be going all batty if the janitor left.

publicola
10-15-2010, 06:11 AM
publicola,

You'd be going all batty if the janitor left.

Clearly, reading comprehension isn't one of your strong suits.

NDisNCin2010
10-15-2010, 09:16 AM
http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blog/recruiting-q-plant-city-ot-jordan-prestwood/6806/

Wed. October 13, 2010 | Eduardo A. Encina

PLANT CITY – Back in April, when Plant City offensive tackle Jordan Prestwood committed to Notre Dame, he said his recruiting process was over.

But in recent weeks, his head became clouded with doubts about heading to South Bend, and over the weekend he de-committed from the Fighting Irish, reopening the sweepstakes for one of the state’s top offensive line prospects. And apparently, he has his heart set closer to home.

On Wednesday, the 6-foot-6, 277-pound Prestwood took time out with Times staff writer Eduardo A. Encina and discussed his change of heart, his new frontrunners (FSU and Florida) and a crazy past few days.

So what caused you to decommit?

The past couple weeks I’ve been having second thoughts about it. I just felt like I rushed into it and I really didn’t think things out. Maybe I got caught up in the moment when I was up there. It’s nothing against Notre Dame. Notre Dame is an awesome place. It’s really unique. I still love it there. It’s just one of those things where I needed to visit a couple of schools that are closer.

So does it have more to do with Florida State and Florida than it does Notre Dame?

Yeah, Notre Dame’s a great place. Like I said, maybe I just got caught up in the moment when I was there, because that place can do that to you. It’s an amazing place.

What is it about Florida State and Florida that intrigues you?

Just like Notre Dame, it feels like I clicked there. When I went there on visits I felt different than other places. I clicked with the coaching staffs, I clicked with the players. I just clicked with the atmosphere and everything. They were just the other two I wanted to see.

Does location have anything to do with it?

Yeah. One’s two hours and the other is four hours. It had to do with some of the second thoughts I was having. My family could come see me whenever they wanted to. They wouldn’t have to fly. Things like that?

In April, you made it pretty clear that your recruiting was over. How much have you been recruited since then?

When they could start calling in September, I still got phone calls once a week. I just didn’t answer and I didn’t pay much attention. I’m not the kind of guy who is going to talk to other schools when I’m still committed somewhere. That’s not the kind of recruit I wanted to be. That’s why I wanted to de-commit first. I know a lot of Notre Dame people might be hating on me right now, but I think they’ll understand after a while. I just think having second thoughts shouldn’t happen. If you’re going to a place, you should be 100 percent there.

How much does how well those teams have done this season, in comparison to Notre Dame, have to do with your change of heart?

Florida is always going to be good. They’re a top-notch program. With Florida State, it seems that Coach Fish (head coach Jimbo Fisher) has them going in a great direction. They just look different on the field. They’re playing together. They’re playing as a team. I think this year, when they’re playing like they are, they’re unstoppable. I definitely saw that in the Miami game.

You posted on your Facebook page how impressed you were with FSU after that Miami win. Do you consider them your favorite right now?

As of now, I’m open. I’m not going to say anything like that. I just want to take my visits and see how that goes.

How has the reaction from Notre Dame people been?

A lot of them have been real respectful on Facebook. I’ve only gotten like one or two bashing me. Other than that they’ve been really respectful and I really respect that and I really appreciate that. It’s just been crazy (on Facebook), all these notifications and friend requests from Florida and Florida State fans. It’s crazy stuff. It’s the phone calls that were crazy. It got to a point where I just went into another room and let my phone go off.

So when are you going to Florida and Florida State?

I’m going to Florida this weekend. I’m going to Florida State Nov. 6 and them I’m taking official visits to both of them after their seasons so I can spend more time with the coaches. And I’ll still probably take an official visit to Notre Dame.

So do you think you’ll announce on signing day now?

If I do make my decision before signing day, I’m not going to make a big deal about it. I’ll probably tell the coaching staff, and my family and maybe my closest friends, and keep it silent. But I’m not going to announce it until signing day.

DirtySecret
10-15-2010, 01:43 PM
http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blog/recruiting-q-plant-city-ot-jordan-prestwood/6806/

Wed. October 13, 2010 | Eduardo A. Encina

PLANT CITY – Back in April, when Plant City offensive tackle Jordan Prestwood committed to Notre Dame, he said his recruiting process was over.

But in recent weeks, his head became clouded with doubts about heading to South Bend, and over the weekend he de-committed from the Fighting Irish, reopening the sweepstakes for one of the state’s top offensive line prospects. And apparently, he has his heart set closer to home.

On Wednesday, the 6-foot-6, 277-pound Prestwood took time out with Times staff writer Eduardo A. Encina and discussed his change of heart, his new frontrunners (FSU and Florida) and a crazy past few days.

So what caused you to decommit?

The past couple weeks I’ve been having second thoughts about it. I just felt like I rushed into it and I really didn’t think things out. Maybe I got caught up in the moment when I was up there. It’s nothing against Notre Dame. Notre Dame is an awesome place. It’s really unique. I still love it there. It’s just one of those things where I needed to visit a couple of schools that are closer.

So does it have more to do with Florida State and Florida than it does Notre Dame?

Yeah, Notre Dame’s a great place. Like I said, maybe I just got caught up in the moment when I was there, because that place can do that to you. It’s an amazing place.

What is it about Florida State and Florida that intrigues you?

Just like Notre Dame, it feels like I clicked there. When I went there on visits I felt different than other places. I clicked with the coaching staffs, I clicked with the players. I just clicked with the atmosphere and everything. They were just the other two I wanted to see.

Does location have anything to do with it?

Yeah. One’s two hours and the other is four hours. It had to do with some of the second thoughts I was having. My family could come see me whenever they wanted to. They wouldn’t have to fly. Things like that?

In April, you made it pretty clear that your recruiting was over. How much have you been recruited since then?

When they could start calling in September, I still got phone calls once a week. I just didn’t answer and I didn’t pay much attention. I’m not the kind of guy who is going to talk to other schools when I’m still committed somewhere. That’s not the kind of recruit I wanted to be. That’s why I wanted to de-commit first. I know a lot of Notre Dame people might be hating on me right now, but I think they’ll understand after a while. I just think having second thoughts shouldn’t happen. If you’re going to a place, you should be 100 percent there.

How much does how well those teams have done this season, in comparison to Notre Dame, have to do with your change of heart?

Florida is always going to be good. They’re a top-notch program. With Florida State, it seems that Coach Fish (head coach Jimbo Fisher) has them going in a great direction. They just look different on the field. They’re playing together. They’re playing as a team. I think this year, when they’re playing like they are, they’re unstoppable. I definitely saw that in the Miami game.

You posted on your Facebook page how impressed you were with FSU after that Miami win. Do you consider them your favorite right now?

As of now, I’m open. I’m not going to say anything like that. I just want to take my visits and see how that goes.

How has the reaction from Notre Dame people been?

A lot of them have been real respectful on Facebook. I’ve only gotten like one or two bashing me. Other than that they’ve been really respectful and I really respect that and I really appreciate that. It’s just been crazy (on Facebook), all these notifications and friend requests from Florida and Florida State fans. It’s crazy stuff. It’s the phone calls that were crazy. It got to a point where I just went into another room and let my phone go off.

So when are you going to Florida and Florida State?

I’m going to Florida this weekend. I’m going to Florida State Nov. 6 and them I’m taking official visits to both of them after their seasons so I can spend more time with the coaches. And I’ll still probably take an official visit to Notre Dame.

So do you think you’ll announce on signing day now?

If I do make my decision before signing day, I’m not going to make a big deal about it. I’ll probably tell the coaching staff, and my family and maybe my closest friends, and keep it silent. But I’m not going to announce it until signing day.

I'm not buying what he's selling.. Isn't his family FSU fans? *cough* family pressure *cough*

NotreDameNate
10-15-2010, 06:20 PM
I gotta think this kid is as good as gone. I really hope not, but after reading that article I really don't have such a good feeling. Who knows, crazier things have happened, but that article doesn't leave me warm and fuzzy in the least.

NDisNCin2010
10-15-2010, 06:30 PM
upon reading here and some other places, to me its clear that he decommitted ND without talking to his coach OR his parents first...I wonder if that is good or bad for ND's chances with him.

marv81s
10-15-2010, 08:43 PM

you do know rivals has him rated as a 3 star TE don't you? ESPN and Scout list him as a 4 star OT

Not too mention his offer list is not that of just any old 3 star

please remove your head from your backside and see the bigger picture and acting like Prestwood is just some average recruit. He is most defiantly above average and is more than likely going to be a very good OT at the college level

mcp717
10-17-2010, 02:25 AM
He visited Florida this weekend anyone happen to see that score.....10-7 miss st. pul out the upset.....

IrishFan123
11-02-2010, 07:38 PM
http://floridastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1146573

Speaking of opening things up, earlier today, a good friend of Prestwood, Island Coast DE Aaron Lynch decommitted from Notre Dame. Prestwood stated he got a chance to speak with Lynch earlier today about his friend's change of heart.

"Yeah we talked about it briefly. It was pretty much like my recruitment that he wanted to stay in-state and just play close to home," noted the three-star lineman. "We just talked about FSU/UF about maybe trying to take visits at the same time, mainly stuff like that. I mean the bottom line is, we talk but he's going to make his decision and I'll make mine. It would be awesome if we played together. But, we are going to do whatever is best for each of us."

irishunclebill
11-03-2010, 02:35 PM
"Yeah we talked about it briefly. It was pretty much like my recruitment that he wanted to stay in-state and just play close to home," noted the three-star lineman.

Alford is visiting Prestwood this week although based on the above comment that visit seems to be an exercise in futility.

Dayton_Domer
11-03-2010, 03:16 PM
Move on, nothing to see here...

irishunclebill
11-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Prestwood has officially confirmed what was obvious from what he said in post #161 above, that he is no longer considering Notre Dame. 17 years old or not you have to wonder what made Prestwood in the space of a few months go from loving ND and heavily recruiting for the Irish after his verbal commit to now not even considering them. There is some very serious and obviously very effective negative recruiting going on in FL against ND and this time Urbie is not even the primary ND hater.

lowayne
11-08-2010, 03:57 PM
Even my 3.141% chance of recommitment hope was too much. I bet the Lynch decom helped us out a lot here *rolls eyes*

irishunclebill
11-08-2010, 04:03 PM
Even my 3.141% chance of recommitment hope was too much. I bet the Lynch decom helped us out a lot here *rolls eyes*

Pretty good chance that Prestwood was one of the guys who was in Lynch's ear about de-committing ND. This kid was turned big time.

KamaraPolice
11-11-2010, 08:12 AM
Anyone care to elaborate on whats going on with this $h!t?

NDIRISH44
11-11-2010, 10:32 AM
money can change anyone's opion of anything.

irishunclebill
11-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Anyone care to elaborate on whats going on with this $h!t?

It's the Greg Mattison syndrome, except this time the coach is at FSU.

Also have you ever taken a walk around the FSU campus. Think Mill Avenue on a Friday night in the late spring, except even better. :drool:

HoffVir
11-11-2010, 12:51 PM
Think the exact opposite of San Fran's Castro neighborhood.

irishunclebill
11-11-2010, 12:57 PM
Think the exact opposite of San Fran's Castro neighborhood.

Hey Hoff. Do you know what HS the FSU troublemaker is from? Here's a clue. He's from a famous Cincy Catholic HS not named St. X. I think you'll get it if you don't already know. :bigsmile:

The sad thing is he is also an ND alum, which makes him even worse than Mattison in terms of being a turncoat.

HoffVir
11-11-2010, 01:06 PM
Hey Hoff. Do you know what HS the FSU troublemaker is from? Here's a clue. He's from a famous Cincy Catholic HS not named St. X. I think you'll get it if you don't already know. :bigsmile:

The sad thing is he is also an ND alum, which makes him even worse than Mattison in terms of being a turncoat.

Life is funny and cruel sometimes.

irishunclebill
11-11-2010, 01:10 PM
Life is funny and cruel sometimes.

That's some Scoop. :bigsmile:

Synoptico
11-15-2010, 08:20 PM
Nole

HereComeTheIrish
11-15-2010, 08:25 PM
Color me surprised.... ;)

HoffVir
11-15-2010, 08:35 PM
Not necessarily confirmation but yeah, Nole it is.

jcshurburtt JC Shurburtt
Top 247 offensive tackle Jordan Prestwood (Plant City, Fla.) has committed to Florida State per reliable sources. #Noles
29 minutes ago

twitter

irishunclebill
11-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Not that it was ever really in doubt but Jimbo should thank the Ole Ball Coach and Marcus Lattimore for sealing the deal here. I wonder what Lynch is waiting for.

HoffVir
11-15-2010, 10:18 PM
Not that it was ever really in doubt but Jimbo should thank the Ole Ball Coach and Marcus Lattimore for sealing the deal here. I wonder what Lynch is waiting for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6ALySsPXt0

CincyDamer
11-15-2010, 10:55 PM
The sooner we can bury this thread and Lynch's thread the better...

I hope we play FSU with Prestwood starting at tackle and being owned by a combination of Tuitt and Shembo....

scooper
11-16-2010, 06:29 AM

:sigh: Damnit, Greg.

I didn't even know he was at F$U these days. Good for him, I guess.

By the way, it's not the Moeller in him that makes him a trouble maker. It's the Deer Park. :devil:

irishunclebill
01-27-2011, 05:57 PM
JIC anyone missed it in the Gold Club or the Big News Afoot thread, there have been some rumblings for a few days, primarily on ND message boards, about Jordan Prestwood transferring from FSU to ND. The rumor has pretty much left the message board only phase and is completely out in the open now. It was a topic on Eric Hansen's (from the SBT) live chat today, and this is the info he provided on the subject.

Eric Hansen: Ok, here's what we've learned about the Jordan Prestwood rumors. Bob Wieneke just talked to Prestwood's high school coach, Wayne Ward. For what it's worth, Ward says Prestwood is enrolled at Florida State and seems to be happy there.

Synoptico
01-27-2011, 05:59 PM
JIC anyone missed it in the Gold Club or the Big News Afoot thread, there have been some rumblings for a few days, primarily on ND message boards, about Jordan Prestwood transferring from FSU to ND. The rumor has pretty much left the message board only phase and is completely out in the open now. It was a topic on Eric Hansen's (from the SBT) live chat today, and this is the info he provided on the subject.

Which is why you should join the Gold Club

ndfb
01-27-2011, 10:09 PM
Would you rather have Prestwood or Niklas? I choose Niklas, if we have room.

SouthernIrish
01-28-2011, 08:21 AM
I don't understand how in the matter of time it takes to enroll at school and before the 1st week is up you change your mind. If he was having doubts, why not put off enrollment to be sure this is what you want to do. I would have to imagine something quite unusual happened to that guy to make him question his decision. Personally, I'd rather have Prestwood.

It is curious that neither Rivals nor Scout has Prestwood listed as having signed his LOI which should have happened if he was an early enrollee. Correct? They both have NDs recruits listed as such. Makes you go Hmmmmm....

irishunclebill
01-28-2011, 10:38 AM
I don't understand how in the matter of time it takes to enroll at school and before the 1st week is up you change your mind. If he was having doubts, why not put off enrollment to be sure this is what you want to do. I would have to imagine something quite unusual happened to that guy to make him question his decision. Personally, I'd rather have Prestwood.

It is curious that neither Rivals nor Scout has Prestwood listed as having signed his LOI which should have happened if he was an early enrollee. Correct? They both have NDs recruits listed as such. Makes you go Hmmmmm....

Not at all really as none of the eight FSU EE's are listed that way. The only two that are listed for FSU are JUCO transfers. Rivals and Scout reporting on these type issues has always been sketchy.

SpanishElite
01-29-2011, 11:05 AM

I agree with your first points. I just dont buy how he cant like FSU and wants to go to ND already its been way to soon. Plus even if he wants out, IMO there is NO WAY FSU would let him out of is scholarship to ND.

lowayne
01-29-2011, 11:24 AM
There were 3 real reasons why Prestwood stays at FSU for every one that ND fans could dream up about him coming here. Even if he really was having second thoughts the logistics simply don't work.

Frankly, as much as I would like him at ND it would be yet another large step in making CFB and recruiting a total sham. To commit to a school, attend class, then bail without just cause... its not what the sport needs.

publicola
06-02-2011, 08:40 PM
transferring from FSU

Synoptico
06-02-2011, 08:51 PM
transferring from FSU

Wow... that didn't last long...

publicola
06-02-2011, 08:53 PM
Wow... that didn't last long...

back to his original decision

ryno24
06-02-2011, 08:56 PM
Where is he transferring to?

CincyDamer
06-02-2011, 09:00 PM
Other sites are saying ND... dunno though as not reliable sources

Ricochet
06-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Where is he transferring to?ND I believe as there is a thread on the ND rivals board with the headline that says "Jordan Prestwood transferring in".

Katzenboyer
Rivals poster saying he's transferring to ND.

cliff
seems far fetched...this should get interesting.

CincyDamer
06-02-2011, 09:10 PM
i think we are a long way from home here... but if true, hope this doesnt affect our 2012 OT recruiting. seems like we were in good shape with some higher rated/better offer recruits

CincyDamer
06-02-2011, 09:14 PM
or maybe not... looks offical on rivals

Ricochet
06-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Rivals poster saying he's transferring to ND.not just a poster but one the guys that works for the ND rivals site.

SouthernIrish
06-02-2011, 09:26 PM
That is awesome. any word on why he left FSU so fast? did he actually attend any classes? Does he count toward this year or last year? as far as whether or not i'd have him or some new recruit this year...i think its better to have 1 in the hand than 2 in the bush....at least that is what my wife tells me.

Ricochet
06-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Rivals now has a article up now about Prestwood transferring to ND.

Ricochet
06-02-2011, 09:30 PM
That is awesome. any word on why he left FSU so fast? Was he an early commit or just decided he didn't want to go to FSU at all? Does he count toward this year or last year?I guess he came to his senses.

Synoptico
06-02-2011, 09:37 PM
That is awesome. any word on why he left FSU so fast? did he actually attend any classes? Does he count toward this year or last year? as far as whether or not i'd have him or some new recruit this year...i think its better to have 1 in the hand than 2 in the bush....at least that is what my wife tells me.

I believe he enrolled early last January and was there for the spring. He counts as a transfer and not against any 25 limit. He will have to sit out this year.

cliff
06-02-2011, 09:45 PM
Any insight on why? Girlfriend...? Not trying to be mean, however wasnt that the issue before?

IrishFan123
06-02-2011, 09:49 PM
Confirmed to ND on rivals

IrishinTN
06-02-2011, 09:52 PM
I think the issue is he wanted to be close to home, and I'm sure Jimbo Fisher's "recruiting tactics", shall we say, caught up with him again. I truly detest that man.

SpanishElite
06-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Rubies are hexwas big time home suck and wasn't going to much class. Didn't seem to be a good fit from the start since these rubies gave been going on for a while. People are saying JP to ND, but he has to be released from his LOI from FSU first.

stew654
06-02-2011, 10:17 PM
Great news!:signnd: Last bigtime recruit that transferred in anyone?

piyachi
06-02-2011, 10:22 PM
ND, welcome home Jordan

IrishFan123
06-02-2011, 10:32 PM
So basically he will have to sit this year(would have red-shirted probably) and will play next year. And get a solid education.

jbrown_9999
06-02-2011, 10:38 PM
i think we are a long way from home here... but if true, hope this doesnt affect our 2012 OT recruiting. seems like we were in good shape with some higher rated/better offer recruits
You might be choosier than me but I am OK with an athletic LT with offers (per Scout) from:

Florida State, Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Notre Dame, South Carolina, USC

I think that one of the only knocks against him in high school was his weight (6'5" 281 for FSU Spring Game). Nothing that a year with Longo can't cure.

CincyDamer
06-02-2011, 10:49 PM
You might be choosier than me but I am OK with an athletic LT with offers (per Scout) from:

Florida State, Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Notre Dame, South Carolina, USC

I think that one of the only knocks against him in high school was his weight (6'5" 281 for FSU Spring Game). Nothing that a year with Longo can't cure.
Yeah ill agree with you, meant to hop back on and update my post. Although I think you get my post... with garnett, banner, theus, and peat a possibility.

IrishinTN
06-02-2011, 10:51 PM
Rubies are hexwas big time home suck and wasn't going to much class. Didn't seem to be a good fit from the start since these rubies gave been going on for a while. People are saying JP to ND, but he has to be released from his LOI from FSU first.

If I am reading through your smartphone autocorrect appropriately SE, you're saying the rumors are he was big time home sick. If so, why go all the way to South Bend, IN? That seems strange to me.

jbrown_9999
06-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Yeah ill agree with you, meant to hop back on and update my post. Although I think you get my post... with garnett, banner, theus, and peat a possibility.

It definitely lets Kelly swing for the fence for the remaining 2012 OL recruits.

I also wonder if the possibility of this transfer is why Romine did not get a 5th year since ND was sitting at 84 scholarships once Montana transferred.

lowayne
06-02-2011, 11:34 PM
FYI, Prestwood is ranked #70 overall on 24/7 #130 on ESPN 150 and #10 OT on Scout. Only rivals has him as a 3 star (IMO his ranking is a victim of playing at TE but projecting at OT).

OL are hard to predict but JP gives ND another high potential OT. ND can really just swing for the fences on OT recruiting now. We could easily get away with adding just 1 more elite guy but 2 wouldn't hurt (not sure how the coaches want numbers at each position to work out).

stonebreakerwasgod
06-02-2011, 11:42 PM
His offer sheet was off the charts. He was far from a 3 star. Auburn, Alabama, the Florida schools, Tenn..amongst others.

stonebreakerwasgod
06-02-2011, 11:56 PM
By ERIC HANSEN South Bend Tribune Staff Writer 11:34 p.m. EDT, June 2, 2011

Four months after the ink dried on the latest stack of national letters-of-intent, perhaps the most topsy-turvy football recruiting cycle in Irish history took one more benevolent twist. Jordan Prestwood will end up at Notre Dame after all.
The 6-foot-6, 280-pound offensive tackle from Plant City, Fla., originally committed to ND in April of 2010. decommitted in mid-October, chose Florida State in mid November and enrolled at FSU early in January. Thursday, he made another U-turn.

Multiple media outlets are reporting Prestwood obtained his release from FSU and will transfer to Notre Dame.
“I had been hearing rumblings about that for a while, that he wasn’t happy at Florida State,” CBS Sports recruiting analyst Tom Lemming said Thursday night. “This is a big pick-up for Notre Dame.
“Jordan has long arms and he moves his feet well. He was one of the top offensive tackle prospects in the country in the 2011 recruiting cycle, and sitting out a year will really benefit him, because he played tight end in high school.”
Prestwood will have to sit out the 2011 season to satisfy NCAA transfer requirements. He’ll then start his NCAA clock in 2012, with four years of eligibility.
Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly is not allowed to comment on potential transfers until/unless they provide the school with a signed scholarship form. There seems little doubt, though, the transfer will happen – and happen soon.
“It’s like Notre Dame got the elite offensive tackle they were looking for, for their 2012 recruiting class,” Lemming said. “A lot of credit goes to (ND assistant coach) Tony Alford. When Prestwood flipped to Florida State, Alford handled it with class and wished him well. A lot of coaches would get mad and burn bridges under those circumstances.”
Two other recruits in the 2011 class – defensive ends Aaron Lynch and Stephon Tuitt committed to ND originally, then chose other schools, then ended up picking ND in the end. Now Prestwood is poised to join them.
Football transfers at ND are rare. And transfers who never had non-scholarship status, either at their old school or at ND, are even more unusual. Lemming’s last recollection of a situation somewhat similar to Prestwood’s was that of Ricky Gray in the early 1980s. But one of the conditions of Gray’s transfer from Clemson was that he had to attend Holy Cross Junior College for a year. Then he could apply to ND.
Prestwood will go from one scholarship situation to another, without spending a year in Juco-land.
“I think it’s a good thing for Notre Dame to change their thinking, to look at transfers occasionally,” Lemming said. “And in this case, they definitely know what they’re getting".

http://www.southbendtribune.com/sbt-notre-dame-football-prestwood-to-transfer-to-nd-20110602,0,6187655.story

stew654
06-02-2011, 11:57 PM
http://www.southbendtribune.com/sbt-notre-dame-football-prestwood-to-transfer-to-nd-20110602,0,6187655.story
maybe this opens the door to the possibilty of more transfers in down the road?

NDgrandson
06-03-2011, 12:00 AM
Wow! Holy SH*T. That's awesome!

KamaraPolice
06-03-2011, 12:06 AM
If I am reading through your smartphone autocorrect appropriately SE, you're saying the rumors are he was big time home sick. If so, why go all the way to South Bend, IN? That seems strange to me.

hahaha oh man post of the year.

Irishlaw
06-03-2011, 12:09 AM
Crazy. I like it but crazy

Win4Gipper
06-03-2011, 12:09 AM
wow great news

stonebreakerwasgod
06-03-2011, 12:15 AM
ND could have a top 5 class if you include Prestwood. May not even need to add him by the time BK and Co. are done. :)

NDgrandson
06-03-2011, 12:34 AM

What? I'm laughing reading that. Rubies?! I'm laughing so hard right now.

Purebred Irishman
06-03-2011, 05:36 AM
This is a win-win situation for both ND and Jordan. ND gets a top talent on the o-line and Jordan gets his ND degree.
It's also good to see ND has changed it's policy on transferes in.

jbrown_9999
06-03-2011, 07:40 AM
This is a win-win situation for both ND and Jordan. ND gets a top talent on the o-line and Jordan gets his ND degree.
It's also good to see ND has changed it's policy on transferes in.
Not sure if this really signifies a policy change since Jordan as an EE only went to school for a few months and will be entering ND almost as a normal freshman.

zimmsbg78
06-03-2011, 08:17 AM
http://notredame.247sports.com/Article/Jordan-Prestwood-leaving-Florida-State-will-be-Irish-soon-27483 (free)

Four months after National Signing Day, Notre Dame landed the 24th member of its class of 2011.

A source close to the program confirmed to BlueandGold.com Thursday night that freshman offensive lineman Jordan Prestwood was granted a release from Florida State and is planning to enroll at Notre Dame.

Prestwood could not be reached for comment.

Nothing is official until Prestwood (6-6, 280) fills out and returns scholarship forms to Notre Dame. It’s not clear the last time the Irish have accepted a transfer who was on scholarship at his previous school and immediately doled out a scholarship to that player. In recent years, players walked on for a year before receiving a scholarship.

The Plant City (Fla.) High product verbally committed to the Irish on April 5, 2010, but ended up signing with the home-state Seminoles and enrolling in the spring semester. Prestwood was rated a three-star prospect by Rivals.com and a four-star athlete by Scout.com.

“Notre Dame's uniqueness really stood out to me,” Prestwood said last year about his allegiance to the Irish. “I felt I fit in perfectly. The people, coaches, players ... everyone was great. I grew up cheering for Florida State and Notre Dame. When I started getting serious with the recruiting process, something stood out to me about Notre Dame. They just have the whole package.

“Coach Kelly is an awesome guy. I loved him. He's going to win where he coaches, and that's the kind of coach I want to play for.”

Per NCAA rules, Irish Head Coach Brian Kelly can’t comment until Notre Dame has the signed scholarship papers and Prestwood, who will have to sit out the 2011 season, is admitted to the university.

Prestwood was recruited by some schools as a tight end, and he registered 28 catches for 219 yards at that position as a junior in 2009.

Here’s what Prestwood’s prep coach, Jason Strunk, shared about his star player:

"He's so athletic for his size,” Strunk said. “That's the appeal for Notre Dame. They envision him being an athletic offensive tackle for them. He's the total package. He has an advantage because we run spread, no-huddle offense like Notre Dame will this season.

"This totally worked out for him and Notre Dame."

National recruiting analyst Tom Lemming had this to say about Prestwood last spring:

"He's got great feet, he's a good drive blocker and he's a good pass blocker,” Lemming said. “I did see that he was very good in transition, he redirected well and he moved very, very well. That's the key to anyone being successful along the offensive line.

"He's a very big catch for Notre Dame."

Check back Friday at BlueandGold.com for more on Prestwood’s change of heart.

Purebred Irishman
06-03-2011, 08:44 AM
Not sure if this really signifies a policy change since Jordan as an EE only went to school for a few months and will be entering ND almost as a normal freshman.

Yea i agree with you there but at least it's a step in the right direction with regards accepting transfers in.

southbend62
06-03-2011, 08:54 AM

I was scratching my head thinking...I have no idea what 'Rubies' are when it comes to CFB or Florida State. Thanks to IrishTN for explaining it was the damn auto correct that totally messed with SE's post. Any guesses on what 'hexas' should be???? :wave:

This is amazing news -- huge victory for ND and BK...should open the door to more kids chaning their minds about their futures. GO ND!!!!:word:

IrishCrasher
06-03-2011, 10:12 AM
Wow..... Huge.... BK has this recruiting thing on lock. It is amazing how he was scrutinized early for not being a recruiter. He and staff flipped so many big time athletes back to ND and now he gets a transfer. This is like historic to me.

ND from NE
06-03-2011, 10:30 AM
what a difference when you have a seasoned college staff who understand recruiting

great pick up that gives some flexibility to rounding out this year's class

DirtySecret
06-03-2011, 10:47 AM
what a difference when you have a seasoned college staff who understand recruiting

I really don't believe they were still recuriting Prestwood after he signed his LOI and started going to school at FSU.

lowayne
06-03-2011, 11:00 AM

I believe this same thing was said about Charlie a few years ago, although with different subtleties and nuances.

Synoptico
06-03-2011, 11:21 AM
Not to get too ahead of ourselves but is it too early for the ND logo next to his name?

ND from NE
06-03-2011, 11:51 AM
I believe this same thing was said about Charlie a few years ago, although with different subtleties and nuances.
true, but these guys have worked at programs where they had to really scratch and claw to get recruits. now that they are on a bigger stage they have continued the philosophy of outworking the competition to get guys they want.

the proof will be how well these guys perform, then we can judge their ability to evaluate talent

for now we can at least give credit where it is due with regard to their recruiting style

NDgrandson
06-03-2011, 11:56 AM

I was scratching my head thinking...I have no idea what 'Rubies' are when it comes to CFB or Florida State. Thanks to IrishTN for explaining it was the damn auto correct that totally messed with SE's post. Any guesses on what 'hexas' should be???? :wave:

This is amazing news -- huge victory for ND and BK...should open the door to more kids chaning their minds about their futures. GO ND!!!!:word:

Translation for underlines parts above.

Rumors are he was big time homesick

rumors have

HoffVir
06-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Rumors. And those rumors suggest he was homesick at FSU (he's from Florida) and now wants to trek up to Indiana to cure his homesickness? Not buying that.

Sampson basically called out Nee (state of Florida recruiting reporter) on the homesickness BS and said that Jordan didn't like the coaching staff.

ND from NE
06-03-2011, 12:11 PM
that makes more sense

morrdave9
06-03-2011, 12:18 PM
Exactly what Hoff said.

You dont get homesick at FSU if you are from Florida and then decide to travel all the way up North to Indiana. Rumors about him looking to transfer started shortly after he signed his LOI and EE'd. I think he had started to question how genuine the FSU staff was being with him after he saw the Aaron Lynch saga unfold. He still went ahead and enrolled, but then regretted it after seeing how the FSU staff really was.

Good thing FSU isnt on our schedule for the next few years otherwise Fisher could have blocked him from transferring to ND.

SouthernIrish
06-03-2011, 02:00 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if we meet them in a BCS game.

rikrok58
06-03-2011, 03:21 PM
I was bummed when he switched to FSU from ND.... Now I'm pretty stoked. JP is a kid who is athletic and should find a home at ND!!

southbend62
06-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Exactly what Hoff said.

You dont get homesick at FSU if you are from Florida and then decide to travel all the way up North to Indiana. Rumors about him looking to transfer started shortly after he signed his LOI and EE'd. I think he had started to question how genuine the FSU staff was being with him after he saw the Aaron Lynch saga unfold. He still went ahead and enrolled, but then regretted it after seeing how the FSU staff really was.

Good thing FSU isnt on our schedule for the next few years otherwise Fisher could have blocked him from transferring to ND.

That is 'fo sho'...I seriously doubt he would have been given the ok to transfer. Whatever his reason for leaving, a year to adjust to college life will do him good. A year in South Bend will make him a man. :bigsmile:

SpanishElite
06-03-2011, 04:26 PM

Haha yea you have to bare with me. Still trying to figure out the new IPhone. Lots of rumblings in Tallahassee that JP isn't very tough and 'wimped out' But hopefully it was just a bad fit and he will be inspired again with a fresh start.

lowayne
06-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Haha yea you have to bare with me. Still trying to figure out the new IPhone. Lots of rumblings in Tallahassee that JP isn't very tough and 'wimped out' But hopefully it was just a bad fit and he will be inspired again with a fresh start.

We all said Shaq wimped out when he went to UCLA. The difference is, Shaq could't earn PT JP wanted out from day 1.

FWIW Fisher seemed pleased with his progress in the Spring even though JP got lit up like a true EE OT in the Spring game.

NDGirlzRock
06-03-2011, 06:19 PM
This is awesome!!! Somewhere in the back of my mind I was wondering if something like this was going to happen!!! However on the regularity of transfers, I think that ND needs to evaluate them on a case to case basis!!! ND isn't for everyone and the kids should feel priviledged to attend!!!

WELCOME JORDAN!!!

stew654
06-03-2011, 09:48 PM
As a transfer are u allowed to do everything but play in games for the 1st yr? How does that work

JDNDSyrnafan
06-03-2011, 10:32 PM
It could be that he went to a school that had more people than his hometown. I probably saw ND's class blow up up in the last two weeks and thought it was too late to re-decommit. I was really surprised when he de-commited. I thought he was all in. It's like he had his first marriage annulled. I hope he gets it done. Is it officially done?

lowayne
06-03-2011, 10:35 PM
It could be that he went to a school that had more people than his hometown. I probably saw ND's class blow up up in the last two weeks and thought it was too late to re-decommit. I was really surprised when he de-commited. I thought he was all in. It's like he had his first marriage annulled. I hope he gets it done. Is it officially done?

Not officially official yet but it will happen unless a snag comes up in the details.

IrishGrizz
06-04-2011, 03:08 AM
I could not be more jazzed about this one - I think this will be a great fit and our O line is gonna be beasts!

jbrown_9999
06-18-2011, 07:39 AM
Curious if there are any updates regarding Prestwood. Have summer classes started at ND? If so, is he listed in the student directory?

daytonirish
06-18-2011, 08:00 AM
Curious if there are any updates regarding Prestwood. Have summer classes started at ND? If so, is he listed in the student directory?

His HS coach said they are waiting on the paperwork to be finalized but everything seems to be pointing towards Notre Dame.

MoeMontana
06-18-2011, 09:58 AM
I agree there are administrative issues involving Prestwood. I don't think he'll enroll at all this summer. He has to sit out next year anyway, so my guess is he'll enroll in the fall and won't be a "traditional type of transfer." He'll just start fresh next fall as a frosh at Notre Dame.

That's what I think anyways..........