PDA

View Full Version : Can't Use Get New Posts? READ ME!

Svoboda
04-24-2009, 12:05 PM
Gonna go ahead and post this since folks don't seem to read the annoucements (and probably won't read this thread... LOL) but I received 11 private messages about this issue since last night.

The "Get New Posts" option is actually a piece of the Search functionality within vBulletin -- it's just a filter set on the search results. As mentioned in the outage threads, I disabled several pieces of functionality in order to get our current webhost to re-enable our account. The ability to search for regular members was one of those features since it accounted for nearly 10-15GB of database consumption daily.

This will ultimately be turned back on once we're able to raise the necessary funds to move to a new hosting company. Until then, you've got two options: 1) manually find the threads you're interested in participating in or 2) become a Gold Club member, which will allow for use of search functions. I am sorry for having to do this, but keeping the site online is our greatest priority right now.

More Information: http://www.goldhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=17452