PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up

Specnatz
04-13-2009, 01:43 PM
It sure when have been cool to get a PM that for some reason (like CC expired) that my Gold Club Membership is out and I need to renew versus logging on and seeing PM Box full so I delete a lot of stuff and still says full and I can not understand why, well I went to go into the Must read thread and damn I can not find it.

I am out in LA and so the CC I use for stuff like this is back in Austin so I pay it off right away. Just extremely frustrating to have to figure this crap out on the fly versus a simple PM.

Well I guess I am not renewing today maybe tomorrow or when I have time.

daytonirish
04-13-2009, 02:17 PM
Spec I don't think there is any kind of autmated reminder. Some folks do decide not to renew. It wasn't ment as anything personal towards you.

lowayne
04-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Speaking of renewing, the link to get Goldclub was dead for me, where do I go?

Specnatz
04-13-2009, 03:42 PM
Spec I don't think there is any kind of autmated reminder. Some folks do decide not to renew. It wasn't ment as anything personal towards you.

Did not it was personal. It was just really F'n frustrating trying to figure out how the hell my email over the limit, I finally got it under and was about to email Boda or IUB when I noticed that all the gold club stuff was gone. So 15 min of my free time which I do not have much of was gone.

It was not fun.

ND_Ownz!
04-13-2009, 05:08 PM
Sorry Spec, as Dayton said, there probably is no way for Svo to incorporate an "Automated" system to remind ppl...I'll check vBulletin.

Here is a link for getting to GC Payments
http://www.goldhelmet.com/payments.php

NDgrandson
04-13-2009, 05:57 PM
Just to piggy back on the unhappy face, I was at my parents over the holiday weekend and everytime I logged in it said "Welcome NDgrandson" but never showed the GC threads or displayed my preferences. That is one thing.

The other thing is, this site is so much weaker for those who are not GC. Maybe we should re-classify what should and should not be GC. Pretty much all recruiting talk is GC. Originally, GC was just premium information. Now it is info that is found elsewhere and lots of our opinions. For this site to grow and get new GC members, shouldn't we make an adjustment?

I mentioned something like this a couple months ago and there was no response. A little feedback would be appreciated. It would also be a nice clarification for all to know where to post opinions or non premium info. If having all the info outside the Pub and player profiles being GC is the way Svo wants to take it, just let me know.

The shift towards GC happened around LOI day when the tidbits were split up and the GC forums were split. On LOI and the next week or so, our membership and visits were growing rapidly. I mentioned we should have 500 members online for the B&G game and many agreed. Frankly, I think that would be surprising based on the vists following the big LOI day. I know it's the off season, but it's been slow.

daytonirish
04-13-2009, 07:22 PM
One thing that members of the Gold Club can do is help out by joining in conversations outside of the Gold Club. You don't have to keep everything inside and alot of what is posted in recruiting news in not tidbit info and can be shared with all members. Also Grandson folks can and should post more info one the player profiles so everyone can read them. Like you say it will help this site grow .

lowayne
04-13-2009, 07:25 PM
Sorry Spec, as Dayton said, there probably is no way for Svo to incorporate an "Automated" system to remind ppl...I'll check vBulletin.

Here is a link for getting to GC Payments
http://www.goldhelmet.com/payments.php

I swear that link was not working last week. Thanks

notredomer23
04-13-2009, 10:18 PM
Typically most people that have over a certain number of posts(oh say 200) up to gold club. They see they enjoy the forum and are ready to help it out. plus get good/better info

notredomer23
04-13-2009, 10:20 PM
Like for example, on the posters by reputation, 44 of the top 50 posters are gold club. And theres more than just that.

irishmarine
04-14-2009, 01:06 PM
what you could do is have a free gold club day on the day of the b&g game. there are going to be the most people on this site that day right? so thats when we should advertise the most. show what a membership can do for you and let you into. it took me almost a year to get the membership and recently it has been dead quiet but the conversation in the rooms are always good and when the info comes out its top notch. thats just my opinion though.

notredomer23
04-14-2009, 02:49 PM
what you could do is have a free gold club day on the day of the b&g game. there are going to be the most people on this site that day right? so thats when we should advertise the most. show what a membership can do for you and let you into. it took me almost a year to get the membership and recently it has been dead quiet but the conversation in the rooms are always good and when the info comes out its top notch. thats just my opinion though.

that would epicly fail for many reasons, one it could shut the site down

stonebreakerwasgod
04-14-2009, 04:15 PM
Hey Spec....it's time to renew! :nanana: :guns:

NDgrandson
04-14-2009, 05:13 PM
that would epicly fail for many reasons, one it could shut the site down

If it doesn't shut the site down, it sounds like a good idea to me. What are the other reasons?

Specnatz
04-14-2009, 05:57 PM
Hey Spec....it's time to renew! :nanana: :guns:

Oh Damn; thanks for the Heads Up I do not want it to lapse.

stonebreakerwasgod
04-14-2009, 07:06 PM
Sorry bud.

Specnatz
04-14-2009, 07:16 PM
Sorry bud.

Shit happens, I was just very frustrated the day it happened.

daytonirish
04-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Shit happens, I was just very frustrated the day it happened.

Well folks might have paid more attention if we weren't :drooling: over your sig picture. Once I see that I forget everything you posted. :nanana:

NDGirlzRock
04-14-2009, 07:41 PM
I kinda like it too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:droolin g::drooling::drooling:

Specnatz
04-14-2009, 08:21 PM
I kinda like it too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:droolin g::drooling::drooling:

Are you still in SB or are you back home yet?

southbend62
04-14-2009, 09:48 PM
Are you still in SB or are you back home yet?

That's kind of a personal question Spec..maybe she likes being in SB. Did you ever think of that? I swing both ways...