PDA

View Full Version : log in problems

irishrick
03-15-2009, 05:02 PM
iam having trouble logging onto GH ive tried several times during the past week anyone help ?? thanks irishrick

mlcspinner
03-15-2009, 05:03 PM
I haven't heard of anyone having trouble

daytonirish
03-15-2009, 05:03 PM
What kind of problems are you having ?

ND_Ownz!
03-15-2009, 08:49 PM
didn't you have to log in to post that? :P

Murf NDawg
03-15-2009, 08:52 PM
iam having trouble logging onto GH ive tried several times during the past week anyone help ?? thanks irishrick

Clear cookies, cache or even use a different browser. I've had trouble in the past and instead of fighting it I switch to IE or Safari instead of the Mozilla that I use most.

taylor5
06-19-2009, 11:05 PM
Just used mozilla firefox. It's better than others.

irishrick
08-29-2010, 10:47 PM
I was wondering if anyone could help me with knowing how to make an avitar, please let me know if there is a gracious avarae expert on board. Thanks irish rick

Revolver
08-29-2010, 11:15 PM
:tard:

KamaraPolice
08-30-2010, 01:43 AM
:tard:

is this in response to him spelling avatar incorrectly 3 different ways?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iEatWL6Er0

Revolver
08-30-2010, 11:30 AM
is this in response to him spelling avatar incorrectly 3 different ways?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iEatWL6Er0

Where to begin?

Yeah, that's one of the reasons.

stonebreakerwasgod
08-31-2010, 12:01 AM
Just find a picture. Download it to your 'my pictures'.

Then go to profile (User CP), and go to 'Edit avatar'.

Hit 'browse' to search your computer for where you saved the picture, and then make sure to 'save changes' afterwards.

therizz
09-28-2012, 11:27 AM
Going to try and bring up an old thread. I can't seem to "get into" the site with my main desktop computer. When I get to the page, only the front banner is showing. I log in with username and password; however, there is only the banner of Manti at the top of the page.

I am now logged in with my laptop and not having any problems so the problems must be my cookies. I just don't know what could have changed because I stay logged in on DD and IE. Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do? Thanks!

lowayne
09-28-2012, 12:56 PM
Going to try and bring up an old thread. I can't seem to "get into" the site with my main desktop computer. When I get to the page, only the front banner is showing. I log in with username and password; however, there is only the banner of Manti at the top of the page.

I am now logged in with my laptop and not having any problems so the problems must be my cookies. I just don't know what could have changed because I stay logged in on DD and IE. Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do? Thanks!

Trying cleaning your browser's cache?

therizz
09-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Lowayne, thanks for the offer. Unfortunately cleaning out my cache didn't help. I'm still logged in as "therizz" on my desktop and still can't get past the top banner.

Any other ideas?

lowayne
09-29-2012, 03:11 PM
Lowayne, thanks for the offer. Unfortunately cleaning out my cache didn't help. I'm still logged in as "therizz" on my desktop and still can't get past the top banner.

Any other ideas?

What browser are you using, have you tried using a different one?

Svoboda
09-29-2012, 03:36 PM

Any other ideas?

It's still got to be a browser issue. I am able to use the site in IE, Firefox and Chrome without issues.

If you're using IE, reset the browser to defaults. You can do this at Tools | Internet Options. If you've turned on compatibility mode, turn it off.

therizz
09-29-2012, 03:59 PM
What browser are you using, have you tried using a different one?

I'm using Firefox. Just strange because I don't have problems on any other websites.

I'm also using Firefox on my laptop. I must have toggled something that messed up the website. Just can't seem to figure it out.

NDAlumSon
09-29-2012, 04:03 PM
Try installing and running CCleaner (http://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER).

therizz
09-29-2012, 04:31 PM
Try installing and running CCleaner (http://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER).

I appreciate your help. I ran CCleaner but it didn't change.

I finally figured it out that adblock was running. It must be interfering with the Goldhelmet/Firefox web page. I disabled it and now it's working like a charm.

Svoboda
09-30-2012, 01:28 AM
I'm using Firefox. Just strange because I don't have problems on any other websites.

I'm also using Firefox on my laptop. I must have toggled something that messed up the website. Just can't seem to figure it out.

Check your add-ons.

Open the site in IE on your PC. If it opens, you'll know it is a browser. If it opens weird in IE, it could be some software you've got like Norton Internet Security or the like.

JTLA
10-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Same problem here I turned off my AdBlock plus and then it worked.