PDA

View Full Version : Does this website cost money?

iloveirish_12
07-09-2007, 07:43 PM
Does this website cost money to run it?

stonebreakerwasgod
07-09-2007, 07:54 PM
This website costs alot of money to operate. Our fearless administrator has carried all of the costs himself to put out an excellent Irish site for all. Gold Helmet is available free of charge to any member who wishes to be involved in intelligent discussion of all things ND.
There is a premium section called the Gold Club which can be accessed by paying a nominal amount. The features are explained side by side in the thread concerning the Gold Club. Those joining will aid in GH being able to add even greater features in the future, as well as having contests. To me, it is a way of getting more features, and thanking Mr. Svoboda of providing a great site like this. While it isn't mandatory to join, I think everyone will believe it is worth it many times over.
I'm not speaking for the administrator, so if you have questions for him, I would direct it to the podcast questions so that he may consider answering it via that medium.

stonebreakerwasgod
07-09-2007, 08:03 PM
I would suggest going to the Gold Club Lounge and click on 'Gold Club' and the page should answer some questions about premium membership as opposed to having the normal features.

IrishCalves
07-15-2007, 03:28 AM
Is there a reason that when I click on the Gold Club lounge link, it gives me a blank gold screen? I'm not a member (yet), but one of the links that says, "Get Access!" or something leads me to that dead end. I found away around it by going to the paid subscriptions option found under User CP, but it either means that there's something that just isn't registering with my brain, and/or one of your links is a little messed up.

Svoboda
07-15-2007, 09:42 AM
Don't know what it's going on -- I'm assuming you were trying to access THIS (http://www.goldhelmet.com/goldclub.php) page in Mozilla Firefox? Don't know why it didn't work, but it does now.

LOVEMYIRISH
07-15-2007, 01:57 PM
Does this website cost money to run it?

It does...Svo does this out of love...so helping him out would be great AND it can benefit you too.

Join the Gold Club. As you can see, I am not a high volume poster, but I recognize that this site can be one of the great ND sites out there. Helping out will be a benefit to the ND family.

Also you get Gold Club access. ;)

mlcspinner
07-15-2007, 01:59 PM
"can be one" it "is the one" :) :cool:

LOVEMYIRISH
07-15-2007, 02:00 PM
"can be one" it "is the one" :) :cool:

With all the activity, it is definitely headed there. But I think everyone will be impressed once Svo really gets going... :) Also, a good site needs lots of people...and more are joining everyday.

With 359 users registered imagine the activity when there are over 1000 people.

en dee seattle
07-21-2009, 07:27 PM
bummer! i wanted to get more info on the gold club too and i get the error when i clicked on the link that svo posted on 7/15:

ERROR 404 - PAGE NOT FOUND

does anyone know how i can access this link? it appears to be broken.

daytonirish
07-21-2009, 07:40 PM
Check your PM's .

mlcspinner
07-21-2009, 07:42 PM
bummer! i wanted to get more info on the gold club too and i get the error when i clicked on the link that svo posted on 7/15:

ERROR 404 - PAGE NOT FOUND

does anyone know how i can access this link? it appears to be broken.

Introducing The Gold Club

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the Gold Club Supporting Membership?

GoldHelmet.com has experienced amazing growth since coming online for the first time in 2007. Since opening our doors, GoldHelmet.com has been a safe haven for Notre Dame Fightin' Irish fanatics looking for a place to talk, share and debate Notre Dame athletics in an intelligent and mature fashion. As with any website that encounters this kind of growth, eventually costs outweight the income.

Why do we need the Gold Club Supporting Membership?

Currently, GoldHelmet.com is supported by advertising income alone, and it doesn't even begin to cover our monthly dedicated server and bandwidth costs. Nor does it then, obviously, leave any money for promoting the site, sponsoring contests, giveaways and the like.

That said, that is the main reason why the Gold Club Supporting Membership program was created. The proceeds from the purchased Gold Club Supporting Memberships will allow GoldHelmet.com to continue adding new and exciting features, sponsor cool giveaways and contests, and ensure our continued mission to becoming the premiere Notre Dame Fightin' Irish discussion portal on the Internet.

Put quite simply, while we certainly appreciate all of our members equally and there is no obligation to sign up for a Gold Club Supporting Membership, we do appreciate the help in keeping costs manageable while allowing us to grow the site! But it does help... greatly!

What is included in my Gold Club Supporting Membership?

Your Gold Club Supporting Membership will give you additional benefits that our regular registered members do not have. For a complete rundown on what is included in the Gold Club Supporting Membership as opposed to a regular GoldHelmet.com membership, please check out the table to the right.

Okay, You Sold Me! How Do I Join?

Signing up for the Gold Club Supporting Membership is a quick and easy process. Simply head over to the Subscription and Donation Center and pick which Gold Club membership level you'd like to purchase. After you make your selection, you will be directed to PayPal to complete the process which generally takes less than five minutes to complete!

As long as you have funds in your PayPal account, your subscription is generally activated immediately. If you pay via electronic check, it can take several days for the check to clear and properly fund. If you don't have a PayPal account, it only takes a couple minutes to register and create an account!

Question? Comment? Concern? Contact Us!

If you have any questions about the Gold Club Supporting Membership, benefits, or just want to drop us a line, feel free to send us an email at webmaster@goldhelmet.com.

We appreciate your support and look forward to providing Fightin' Irish fanatics across the world a quality site to talk Notre Dame Fightin' Irish athletics for a long time to come! See you on the boards! GO IRISH!

PLEASE NOTE: Gold Club Supporting Member status does not prevent you from following the forum rules and community guidelines. Violations of the forum rules/guidelines will be handled according to policy without regard to member status. In the event that membership is removed due to rule violation, absolutely no refunds will be given.

en dee seattle
07-21-2009, 09:33 PM

spinner, do you have that table that is referenced above?

notredomer23
07-21-2009, 10:21 PM
spinner, do you have that table that is referenced above?

fork over twenty big ones and you can be elite here. well not everyone is elite, i mean look at me and stoney

KamaraPolice
07-21-2009, 11:25 PM
Check your PM's .

Yeah Seattle, dayton probably has some information about the annual membership contest in august. It should be coming up soon, isn't that right dayton?

en dee seattle
07-22-2009, 02:32 AM
cool. i am new to GH, but i think that it is an amazing site and wanted to help support all the great work of the administrators.

en dee seattle
07-22-2009, 02:33 AM
fork over twenty big ones and you can be elite here. well not everyone is elite, i mean look at me and stoney

haha. thanks for the tip. is there a link (that works) to put a contribution to the site on?

mlcspinner
07-22-2009, 06:14 AM
haha. thanks for the tip. is there a link (that works) to put a contribution to the site on?

click on "user CP"

down on the left look for

"Miscellaneous " then
click

"Paid Subscriptions"

en dee seattle
07-22-2009, 10:58 AM
thanks spinner