PDA

View Full Version : '09 HI LB Manti Te'o (2/4/09 Notre Dame LOI)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Svoboda
07-01-2007, 12:47 AM
Inside Linebacker
Punahou School ( http://www.punahou.edu/) (Honolulu, HI)

Links of Interest:
Rivals Profile (http://notredame.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=69245&sport=1)

Height: 6 foot-2
Weight: 230 lbs.

Combine
Forty: 4.6
Bench Reps:
Bench Max:
Squat Max:
Shuttle:
Vertical:
GPA:

Star Ratings
Rivals.com: *****
Scout.com: *****

Rankings & Accolades
Rivals 100 #7/ #1 Inside Linebacker
Scout 100 #4/ #1 Strongside Linebacker

Statistics
2006-
2007-

Schools of Interest
BYU
California
Colorado
Notre Dame
Oklahoma State
Oregon
Stanford
Texas A&M
UCLA
USC

http://i3.tinypic.com/6pa3dkh.jpg

irish4
07-31-2007, 03:45 PM
already has an offer per scout and says nd is willing to wait on him since he is going on a mission trip

Troy's Enterprise Pride
07-31-2007, 03:54 PM
doesnt ND wait until Sept 1st to hand out scholarships to rising Jrs?

Fishin'_Irish
07-31-2007, 03:58 PM

Official written offers, yes. Verbal offers, no.

irishziggy
07-31-2007, 05:00 PM
Linebacker
Honolulu (HI) Punahou

Height: 6-foot-1
Weight: 220 lbs

everything Ive heard about this kid is he's a stud. Heard he's def going to be one of the top LBs in the nation.

irish4
07-31-2007, 05:12 PM
he must be a stud if Charlie is willing to wait a few years to get him.

Svoboda
07-31-2007, 05:19 PM
They could have verbally offered him, but yes, September 1st is the first day you can officially offer a scholarship to a prospective student-athlete in writing. I only know of a few prospects that have been verbally offered by Weis, those being Filer and Floyd.

Additionally, it's the Scout offer database. Accuracy is certainly not something they shoot for over there when it comes to maintaining their database.

NDisNCin2010
07-31-2007, 05:20 PM
how is his name pronounced...spent 3 moths thinking Dayne Crist was pronounced like our savior, only to come to find out it is like "wrist". same thing with trattou last year i thought is was trat-ow, but was trat-oooo.

YoungIrish
07-31-2007, 05:49 PM
I thought you pronounced Crist the same way...so dont feel bad...this kid is a must get...even Petey told the kid he would wait for him at the LB spot...

Fishin'_Irish
07-31-2007, 07:38 PM
I think it's Tay-Oh. I have a Samoan friend, I'll ask him, he may know.

scooper
07-31-2007, 09:21 PM
I think it's Tay-Oh.

Taylight come and me wanna go home.

NDGirlzRock
07-31-2007, 09:22 PM
Are we all touched in the head around here or what?

Fishin'_Irish
07-31-2007, 09:27 PM

NDGirlzRock
07-31-2007, 09:28 PM

The lunatic fringe is about right to night fishy! Must be a full moon or something.

NDisNCin2010
07-31-2007, 09:38 PM
always get a chuckle when is see that Poodle avatar Fishin Irish..you oughta keep it.

the crazy thing about the poodle, as much as i want to, i just can't hate the guy!

and why wasnt he crucified for going for it on 4 and 2 in the NC game vs texas?

if CW had done same thing with same result we would have a website www.whydidcharliegoforit?.com with 1000's of members, forums, help desks, IT Depts, crisis counselors...

stonebreakerwasgod
07-31-2007, 09:42 PM
The lunatic fringe is about right to night fishy! Must be a full moon or something.

Fishy?.........is the correct pronunciation 'manatee' ??

Fishin'_Irish
07-31-2007, 10:28 PM
always get a chuckle when is see that Poodle avatar Fishin Irish..you oughta keep it.

the crazy thing about the poodle, as much as i want to, i just can't hate the guy!

and why wasnt he crucified for going for it on 4 and 2 in the NC game vs texas?

if CW had done same thing with same result we would have a website www.whydidcharliegoforit?.com with 1000's of members, forums, help desks, IT Depts, crisis counselors...

I'll get everyone else's opinion on it too.

irishunclebill
09-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Scout is reporting that Te'O has received an ND offer.

NDisNCin2010
09-10-2007, 02:12 PM
IUB...
is there a thread on here for the 2009 offers we know went out Sept 1?
a bit confused as to who 'really' has one?
looks like Kennard and T'eo...anyone else?

irishunclebill
09-10-2007, 02:32 PM
IUB...
is there a thread on here for the 2009 offers we know went out Sept 1?
a bit confused as to who 'really' has one?
looks like Kennard and T'eo...anyone else?

I have not seen enough to confirm here that anyone has an offer yet. We are pretty sure that at least 8 offers went out, but specifically to whom is still up in the air. Scout lists Te'O as offered, and Rivals lists Kennard as offered, but we will need to see some more confirmation on those 2 guys as well as others before we list them on the Official GH Offer List.

Once we have designated a 2009 recruit as being offered, his profile will move into a specific area called Offered 2009 Recruits which will separate those that are offered from the rest of the profiles. In addition there is a tab in the top row entitled "Offer List". That list currently is a database of all 2008 offers with links to their GH profile. Eventually that list will be purged of the 2008 offers and replaced by the 2009 offers. Here is a direct link to that database.

http://www.goldhelmet.com/getoffers.php?class=2008

irishunclebill
11-23-2007, 11:09 AM
Link to Free Scout story on Te'o in which Te'o says he has an ND offer. However, Scout continues to show Te'o as not having an offer, and neither Rivals or Blue & Gold list him as being offered. It appears the offer may still not be a written scholarship offer.

http://notredame.scout.com/a.z?s=109&p=2&c=704286

NDGirlzRock
11-23-2007, 12:19 PM
Link to Free Scout story on Te'o in which Te'o says he has an ND offer. However, Scout continues to show Te'o as not having an offer, and neither Rivals or Blue & Gold list him as being offered. It appears the offer may still not be a written scholarship offer.

http://notredame.scout.com/a.z?s=109&p=2&c=704286

I read that article and it specifically states that he received an envelop with a big ND seal on it that contained his written!!! Maybe that stuff hasn't been changed due to the holiday!

gippergrove
11-23-2007, 12:44 PM
pretty good video of him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGI0mSLWpX4

NDGirlzRock
11-23-2007, 12:59 PM
Dude did you see that hit almost 2 min in that he laid on that QB!!!! Reminds me of Junior Seau!!!!!!

irishziggy
11-23-2007, 01:58 PM
he just climbed to the top of my list as a must get. This is the kind of LB we need that looks like can run, hit, and cover. ohh and the big play potential. every chance he gets, he tries making a big play even bigger.

NDgrandson
11-24-2007, 11:18 PM
I just watched all the video on him from the clip linked in this thread. Dude is a safety IMO. He says his favorite ND player is Zibby cuz he hits hard. With Corwin Brown turning safeties into CB with Slaughter and Blanton and getting McCarthy, I could see Te'O being the next #9.

Is he mormon? That's the mission thing? Would that be at age 20 or right after HS?

If he puts on a lot of weight I could see him at LB, but S is what I am picturing. With him being one of the top recruits in the nation I am sure I am not qualified to change his position, but what do you folks think?

6' 1" - 220 lbs :confused:

irishunclebill
01-13-2008, 12:50 AM
Profile Updated & Picture Added.

Te'o is the 4th recruit in the Top 10 of the 2009 Rivals pre-eval 100 to receive an ND offer.

irishunclebill
01-25-2008, 10:26 AM
Weis & Polian are going out to Hawaii next week to visit Manti's school. Tough gig getting out of ND in late January for Honolulu, but I guess somebody has to do it. Should give CW a little time to relax before the rigors of NSD.

irishunclebill
02-13-2008, 12:22 AM
Manti is talking like ND might be one of his 5 Official Visits later this year.

The New Louis
03-05-2008, 09:01 AM
I watched his film for the second time and I am more impressed than I was initially. Kid seems to have a great motor and a nose for the ball. This kid is a very important recruit. The Islands produce tons of good ball players who usually stay in the pac-10 and it would be nice to make establish our presence there.

daytonirish
03-05-2008, 09:35 AM
That would be great if he does come for a visit.

IrishGrizz
03-05-2008, 11:01 AM
2 things we will have to overcome to get him. 1) He is from the Islands and historically they don't travel that often away and usually only to the west coast and b) He is probably mormon with BYU as one of his top choices and they do well bringing them to the Utah area because of the us vs them aspect = better support of there religious beliefs and customs.

Still hope we get him. CB and JT can pull it off.

irishunclebill
03-12-2008, 01:17 PM
Profile Updated with Rivals & Scout 100 Ranking , Position Ranking, and Star Rating.

Te'o is a 5 star and #1 at his categorized position on both boards, and the #1 overall LB prospect in the Class of 2009.

marv81s
03-12-2008, 01:19 PM
you forgot to add "future usc trojan" IUB :nanana:

BDirish4ever
03-15-2008, 05:28 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iNfwqYR6vdk

Courtesy of YouTube

irishunclebill
03-20-2008, 10:30 AM
Profile Updated with Latest Rivals 100 Ranking.

IrishR#1
03-20-2008, 01:17 PM
Hopefully he will go anywhere but USC. USC not getting a recruit is still a win :pray:

realitycheck
04-14-2008, 05:07 AM
you forgot to add "future usc trojan" IUB :nanana:

bingo

IrishKnight1023
05-01-2008, 01:36 PM
http://notredame.scout.com/2/751643.html

“When coach (Charlie) Weis called, he called my dad’s phone, and my dad came in the front door of the house with a smile and said, ‘it’s coach Charlie Weis,” explained Te’o. “Basically the coaches can call now. He said he wanted to make an impression on me by being one of the first coaches to get a hold of me. We talked about the program and where I could fit in. It was a good talk. I took away that coach Weis really knows what he’s doing and knows what he wants, and is trying to get his program back to that level. It’s just a matter of time before they get back to where they’ve been.”

IrishGrizz
05-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Go, Charlie go. Hope they (Charlie, Corwin and John T) can pull this off. Long odds, but nothing worth it is usually easy.

irishziggy
05-01-2008, 01:50 PM
when i read it earlier, i was very surprised with what He was saying about ND. Im willing to be that he comes for an official, which means we'll prob be his top 5, so there's a chance (small chance), but ther's still a chance (dumb & dumber quotes..start now)

HereComeTheIrish
05-01-2008, 05:20 PM
when i read it earlier, i was very surprised with what He was saying about ND. Im willing to be that he comes for an official, which means we'll prob be his top 5, so there's a chance (small chance), but ther's still a chance (dumb & dumber quotes..start now)

http://bloggingwiththedevils.freedomblogging.com/files/2007/11/dumb-and-dumber.jpg

SoCalDomer
05-02-2008, 12:33 AM
He'll flock to South Bend like the salmon of Capistrano.

NDgrandson
05-02-2008, 01:40 AM
Mmmm. That sounds good. I'll have that.

BTW, I use to live in Capistrano.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FMvTLHTIbwI

IrishGrizz
05-02-2008, 10:26 AM
What is the Soup du jour?

Um, Its the soup of the day.

Oh, um that sounds good. I'll have that.:rofl:

irishunclebill
05-07-2008, 10:44 AM
Profile Updated to reflect latest Rivals & Scout rankings.

SoCalDomer
05-20-2008, 12:44 PM
It isn't as if Te'o, already regarded as the top recruit in the state, needed more exposure. He is already ranked 14th in the top 150 prospects in the nation by the Web site. Te'o said he has 29 offers in writing, including Notre Dame, Southern California, Tennessee, Louisiana State, Auburn, to name a few.

Te'o played linebacker and running back for the Buffanblu last season. He said he is being recruited as a linebacker.

"I'll play inside or outside (linebacker)," he said. "As long as I'm on the field playing."

Top football prospects get national exposure | HonoluluAdvertiser.com | The Honolulu Advertiser (http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080520/SPORTS03/805200353/1042/SPORTSFRONT)

notredomer23
05-26-2008, 08:56 AM
Congrats to Te'o on being one of the center fixtures of an SI article

IrishKnight1023
06-18-2008, 02:32 PM
http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080618/COLUMNISTS06/806180408/1142/SPORTSFRONT

Pursuit of Te'o boost for others

Punahou School's Manti Te'o not only has the pick of schools at which to play football, apparently he also has a choice of numbers to wear when he gets there.
Advertisement

Word is that Southern California head coach Pete Carroll has offered jersey No. 55 — made famous by Junior Seau — as incentive for Te'o to sign on with the Trojans.

Nor, apparently, is USC alone in appealing to the Buffanblu linebacker's numerical interests. Others have reportedly offered his high school number — 5 — or anything else that might catch his fancy.

Here it is nearly eight months before national letter of intent day, the date when high school recruits can begin signing binding commitments, and the tale of Te'o grows in proportion to the number of scholarship offers.

Of course, Punahou School coach Kale Ane said he isn't sure what the count is at the moment, only that it is in the dozens and he has spent several months talking to a lot of coaches from far (Florida) and near (Hawai'i).

Ane, who played at Michigan State and had an NFL career, says, "I had — and this is stretching it a little — maybe four (scholarship offers)."

Ane should be prepared to see more coaches on Te'o's behalf. www.Scout.com, a recruiting service, has made Te'o its No. 4 prospect nationally irrespective of position and its top inside linebacker. He is a consensus top 10 of the major services. Yesterday, Te'o headed Scout's Northwest 100, encompassing prospects in Washington, Oregon, Utah, Idaho and Hawai'i.

No surprise, there. The 6-foot-2, 225-pound Te'o has long since stepped high into rarified recruiting air, surpassing even the interest generated by Mosi Tatupu, Jason Ching and JT Mapu, who made high school All-America teams.

But it is as apparent as one of Te'o's spleen-rattling tackles that along with his many talents — and a Pac-10 coach swears he could start as a linebacker or running back — he has some impressive coattails, too. The long line of coaches and recruiting gurus who have come here to check out Te'o is a bonanza for more than the tourist industry; it also is opening up opportunities for other players.

Consider that four of the top 10 prospects on the www.Scout.com Northwest list are from Hawai'i. More than the states of Washington and Oregon — combined. Thirteen of the top 40 and 30 of the top 100 are from Hawai'i. Unprecedented numbers, really.

Talented players to be sure, but many might have been overlooked or under-recruited until the pursuit of Te'o thickened. While Notre Dame's Charlie Weis jets in for a quick look, others, including his assistants, have stuck around to take longer, wider looks.

Whatever number Te'o ends up wearing, it may not be as impressive as the ones he is helping to generate.

irishmarine
06-18-2008, 02:36 PM
good article. i just hope he ends up irish

irishunclebill
06-18-2008, 02:57 PM
good article. i just hope he ends up irish

I'm hoping I'll hit the lottery too, but since neither one is very likely to happen, I won't get my hopes up.

This is not directed at you Marine or anyone else in particular, but for the life of me I cannot figure out why anyone thinks we have a realistic shot here. This is another Arthur Brown redux, says nice things about ND, maybe will even take a visit, and then all of a sudden he has a cutdown list and boom, no ND to be found.

Obviously I hope I'm wrong about that, just sayin'.

The Jester
06-18-2008, 03:08 PM
I'm hoping I'll hit the lottery too, but since neither one is very likely to happen, I won't get my hopes up.

This is not directed at you Marine or anyone else in particular, but for the life of me I cannot figure out why anyone thinks we have a realistic shot here. This is another Arthur Brown redux, says nice things about ND, maybe will even take a visit, and then all of a sudden he has a cutdown list and boom, no ND to be found.

Obviously I hope I'm wrong about that, just sayin'.

In fairness to Te'o, I don't think he has a manager like Brown did. Oh, and I also hope you're wrong.

irishunclebill
06-18-2008, 03:14 PM
In fairness to Te'o, I don't think he has a manager like Brown did. Oh, and I also hope you're wrong.

That's true, I'm not trying to compare Te'o to Brown personality wise, just comparing what I think unfortunately will be the same result.

The Jester
06-18-2008, 03:36 PM
That's true, I'm not trying to compare Te'o to Brown personality wise, just comparing what I think unfortunately will be the same result.

Was it something he said? Perhaps I am a bit naive, but I don't see why Te'o would give us the runaround like that. He's not lobbying for an offer (he doesn't have to lobby for any offers), and he has no need to show off his Notre Dame offer for prestige purposes (He's already very highly regarded). I think the reason some people feel we have a shot at Te'o is that he has expressed interest and doesn't seems to have a hidden agenda for doing so.

irishunclebill
06-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Was it something he said? Perhaps I am a bit naive, but I don't see why Te'o would give us the runaround like that. He's not lobbying for an offer (he doesn't have to lobby for any offers), and he has no need to show off his Notre Dame offer for prestige purposes (He's already very highly regarded). I think the reason some people feel we have a shot at Te'o is that he has expressed interest and doesn't seems to have a hidden agenda for doing so.

Just a feeling, that's all. I don't think anything that Te'o has done amounts to giving ND the runaround anymore than he is giving any of the other beaucoup schools that have offered him the runaround. The kid is a class act who will be polite with all of the schools that have graciously offered him a scholarship.

Also, it's not anything that he said, what I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around here is what exactly is it that he has said that makes a lot of ND fans think we have a really good shot here when historically, we have no chance here. Maybe Te'o makes history. As I said before I certainly hope I am wrong and that he does make history. I'm just calling it the way I see it, you don't have to listen to me.

IRISH52
06-18-2008, 03:53 PM
Does anyone have an indication or strong visceral feeling that he may come our way? I've seen nothing to indicate where he's leaning. But you can bet your bottom dollar that USC and FL will go all out to land him.

marv81s
06-18-2008, 04:39 PM
he has made maybe one or two comments about trying to get out and see ND, and he has made comments about how hard Weis has been recruiting him, but nothing beyond that.

i am in the same boat as IUB though, I just don't see ND in this race at all. That is why I am so insistent on ND getting in the race right now for Carson. If ND even gets a visit by Te'o I would be shocked. To me, Te'o is a done deal to poodle and usc.

If I am wrong and by some miracle ND lands this lad, I will gladly shave my entire body from head to toe, except for my eyebrows, everything else is fair game

rontdtarchala
06-18-2008, 04:47 PM
you are bold my brother

The Jester
06-18-2008, 04:52 PM
you are bold my brother

Bold!? He won't even shave his eyebrows!

The Jester
06-18-2008, 04:57 PM
Just a feeling, that's all. I don't think anything that Te'o has done amounts to giving ND the runaround anymore than he is giving any of the other beaucoup schools that have offered him the runaround. The kid is a class act who will be polite with all of the schools that have graciously offered him a scholarship.

Also, it's not anything that he said, what I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around here is what exactly is it that he has said that makes a lot of ND fans think we have a really good shot here when historically, we have no chance here. Maybe Te'o makes history. As I said before I certainly hope I am wrong and that he does make history. I'm just calling it the way I see it, you don't have to listen to me.

I can definitely see where you're coming from. While I think we have a shot here, I'm certainly not saying it's a great one. I just thought he might have made some comments I haven't heard since most people seem so convinced that he is all USC. Do people feel this way simple because USC is USC, or has he been gushing about them and taking several visits there?

Finally, let me ask you this. If Te'o takes all five officials, do you think Notre Dame would be one of them?

irishunclebill
06-18-2008, 05:22 PM
I can definitely see where you're coming from. While I think we have a shot here, I'm certainly not saying it's a great one. I just thought he might have made some comments I haven't heard since most people seem so convinced that he is all USC. Do people feel this way simple because USC is USC, or has he been gushing about them and taking several visits there?

Finally, let me ask you this. If Te'o takes all five officials, do you think Notre Dame would be one of them?

From what we have seen that is a possibility. If it does happen I might start believing there is a chance.

I don't think it is so much that USC is USC as much as the fact that USC has had a stranglehold on LB's out of the Te'o mold from the West Coast for a long time.

I hate to do another comparison because you are right, it is a bit unfair as each case should be looked at on an individual basis. However, you can't discount the history here so I'll do the comparison anyway. Uona Kaveinga committed to UCLA early last year, then changed his mind and committed to BYU. When NSD rolled around though, where did he send his LOI? USC.

NDGirlzRock
06-18-2008, 05:50 PM
he has made maybe one or two comments about trying to get out and see ND, and he has made comments about how hard Weis has been recruiting him, but nothing beyond that.

i am in the same boat as IUB though, I just don't see ND in this race at all. That is why I am so insistent on ND getting in the race right now for Carson. If ND even gets a visit by Te'o I would be shocked. To me, Te'o is a done deal to poodle and usc.

If I am wrong and by some miracle ND lands this lad, I will gladly shave my entire body from head to toe, except for my eyebrows, everything else is fair game

Man even the nads!!!???!!! :alcoholic:

IrishGrizz
06-18-2008, 05:53 PM
Girlz, you just took it to a level we didn't need to think about. Man, now I have to go wash my eyse out w acid. :dead:

marv81s
06-18-2008, 06:01 PM
Man even the nads!!!???!!! :alcoholic:

everything but the eyebrows

NDGirlzRock
06-18-2008, 07:01 PM
Girlz, you just took it to a level we didn't need to think about. Man, now I have to go wash my eyse out w acid. :dead:

HeHeHeHeHe!!!! You heard it here first!!! :rofl::jawdrop::reporter::bigsmile:

The Jester
06-18-2008, 07:17 PM
everything but the eyebrows

Wuss.

zimmsbg78
06-20-2008, 01:58 PM
From a BYU sports writer. Of course no mention of ND.

http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/270803/163

IrishGrizz
06-20-2008, 03:45 PM
Don't feel the Irish love in anything I have ever read on Te'o. I could see him signing w any West coast team, then come back from a 2 yr mission and re-enroll at byu.

scooper
06-20-2008, 03:48 PM
Don't feel the Irish love in anything I have ever read on Te'o. I could see him signing w any West coast team, then come back from a 2 yr mission and re-enroll at byu.

He may not have to re-enroll to end up at BYU.

benneboy
06-23-2008, 02:00 PM
Rivals has released their LB category rankings. If I remember right Te'o was number one in one category and Number in two in another. To no surprise he and Jenkins were basically the headliners.

LINK (http://www.rivals.com/video.asp?section=fbrecruit&pkey=&vidtype=amp&vidid=3480)

I am still with the consensus that Te'o is a longshot , but there is a poster on another board from Hawaii who claims that Te'o may be a ND lean. It was one of those friend's mom's sister's son plays on the team sort of deals, but I guess it's better than nothing. Just hope we get a visit.

Ricochet
07-10-2008, 10:45 PM
I think he's going to Notre Dame. That's my guess on gut instinct. - Cal Lee, chief of local recruiting for UH

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/articles/2008/07/10/sports/sports03.txt

I got this over at DomerDomain thanks to HawaiiIrish & MikejND

JDubbs
07-10-2008, 10:49 PM
I am on my second bottle of Fat Bastard wine.........can you repeat that? We are in the lead for Manti Te'o? If Manti commits.....no Numa Numa....we need some crazy ass luau warrior dancing!

jfschellcrna
07-10-2008, 10:58 PM
my gut feeling is that the article was poking fun at ND.........................

piyachi
07-10-2008, 11:01 PM
I think he's going to Notre Dame. That's my guess on gut instinct. - Cal Lee, chief of local recruiting for UH

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/articles/2008/07/10/sports/sports03.txt

I got this over at DomerDomain thanks to HawaiiIrish & MikejND

I don't think that was a quote from Cal Lee (heh Cali?), I'm pretty sure it was the author positing his opinion.

JDubbs
07-16-2008, 04:19 PM
Interesting article from USC's rivals site. Talks about the analytical way he and his dad are going to use to way out the offers. ND looks like a distinct possibilty for a visit. If that happens, anything can happen.

marv81s
07-16-2008, 04:31 PM
once again, i'll believe it when I see it

i appreciate the info, but i just don't see Te'o ever coming to ND. I wish that he would and I hope that he does at least come for an official, but the only way I see him coming to ND is when the team he chooses comes to play against ND

rontdtarchala
07-16-2008, 05:53 PM
would def love to have him at ND though

notredomer23
07-16-2008, 07:10 PM
Just imagine if we got Te'o and Jenkins? OMG gives me shivers haha

SpanishElite
07-16-2008, 09:37 PM
Just imagine if we got Te'o and Jenkins? OMG gives me shivers haha

Wow. Talk about the longest of long shots. That would be SCARY though no doubt.

NDgrandson
07-16-2008, 10:12 PM
Wow. Talk about the longest of long shots. That would be SCARY though no doubt.

Getting a guy like Teo would be a shock. A 5 star from Hawaii??!!??!! It would take serious recruiting MOmentum. If we got Shaq and they know each other, that would help. Combine that with a Nixon commit and Teo might be visualizing being part of a NC caliber team. Mix in a another 5 star or three and I'd say we would be as good a shot to get him as any. I can dream.

irishunclebill
08-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Manti is supposed to announce a Top 5 within the next two weeks.

notredomer23
08-02-2008, 08:18 PM
USC Notre Dame BYU Colordado Oregon

Just a hunch

noklife
08-02-2008, 08:33 PM
If we make the list does that give us a legit shot at an official visit?

notredomer23
08-02-2008, 08:46 PM
IMO Yes, In IUB's opinion.....

polishdomer
08-21-2008, 03:54 AM
Manti, please come to ND! We have mormons here...don't believe Pete Carroll...he lives without God anyway...

zimmsbg78
09-17-2008, 02:46 PM
I will open this can of worms........

Now this is all RUMOR (A GRAIN OF SALT PLEASE!!!) There are three team in good shape with Manti. The three are............. U$C, ND and BYU. Word is that Teo is also close to finalizing a Official visit to ND sometime within the next couple of weeks. :goirish:

daytonirish
09-17-2008, 02:54 PM
Great news if he is actually taking an official to South Bend.

domehead1
09-17-2008, 02:57 PM
Now that is awesome news!

irishziggy
09-17-2008, 02:58 PM
gettin Teo would be HUUUUGE.

notredomer23
09-17-2008, 06:12 PM
yup, his top 3 is ND, BYU, and USC and will be taking an official to us. I cant even put into words how huge it would be not just to get him, but Jenkins too

SouthernIrish
09-17-2008, 07:07 PM
I can"t wait to tell everyone!!!!

rontdtarchala
09-17-2008, 07:18 PM
lord that's beyond huge

SpanishElite
09-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Thats huge. We have said since the beginning. Just get him to South Bend and we have a chance.

NDisNCin2010
09-17-2008, 08:05 PM
yup, his top 3 is ND, BYU, and USC and will be taking an official to us. I cant even put into words how huge it would be not just to get him, but Jenkins too

would be akin to hitting the LB recruiting lottery at LB IMHO

The Jester
09-17-2008, 08:07 PM
would be akin to hitting the LB recruiting lottery at LB IMHO

And we all know that LB is the best place to hit the LB recruiting lottery.

stew654
09-17-2008, 08:17 PM
And we all know that LB is the best place to hit the LB recruiting lottery.

Well everyone knows u actually have to play the LB recruiting lottery to have a chance to win it.

IrishR#1
09-17-2008, 11:04 PM
Get him to campus and we can get him. I firmly believe that if a recruit can watch a big game at Notre Dame Stadium, we will move up on his list. I've never been to a game at SC or BYU, but I'm sure that they don't compare with Notre Dame games.

This is beyond huge. I did not expect ND to be in his top 3 at all. Hell, I didn't even think we would be in his top 5. Let's get him to commit when he comes up.

rontdtarchala
09-18-2008, 12:55 AM
man we need to get some recruiting mojo going... come on team smoke sparty

NDgrandson
09-18-2008, 03:08 AM
I still see this as a total longshot. The fact we are in his final 3 amazes me, but IMO we have a LOOOOOOOng way to go with him. If CW / CB / Tenuta / Polian get him... OMG, maybe their best get yet. In light of Shaq Evans, I will hold off on getting any hopes up, especially when those two will most likely be teammates... AAHHHH!!!!! I hate SC!!!!

brownkj002
09-18-2008, 07:57 AM
He officially told the media his top 5. They are USC, Stanford, UCLA, ND and BYU.
Free article from Scout.

http://notredame.scout.com/a.z?s=109&p=2&c=791868

irishunclebill
09-18-2008, 12:55 PM
I still see this as a total longshot. The fact we are in his final 3 amazes me, but IMO we have a LOOOOOOOng way to go with him. If CW / CB / Tenuta / Polian get him... OMG, maybe their best get yet. In light of Shaq Evans, I will hold off on getting any hopes up, especially when those two will most likely be teammates... AAHHHH!!!!! I hate SC!!!!

I'm afraid I have to agree. Despite the story (or rumor) yesterday that ND was one of only three schools that Manti is considering, today we get from Manti's mouth that it is actually five as he adds UCLA & Stanford to the three reported yesterday. Also part of that rumor was that Manti was close to settling on an Official to ND "in the next few weeks". Instead we find out today, again from Manti directly, that the only Official Visit he has scheduled is for this weekend, and it is to UCLA which was not even listed in the rumor as a school he is seriously considering. Finally Manti also is saying that the primary reason he is visiting UCLA is because Norm Chow is LDS and understands him. Manti is very serious about his religion and you must complement him for that, but it is very disconcerting as far as ND's serious chances here to see that constant LDS reference in almost every single article about Manti. Again I sincerely hope that I am dead wrong here, but my gut says that we really don't have a legitimate shot here, Official Visit or not.

Sureal
09-18-2008, 01:48 PM
I hope he comes over to South Bend if not then go to BYU so ND ain't gotsta play him...

doogerfuji
09-18-2008, 02:08 PM
I agree with you IUB. Teo has identified a couple of areas(family and religion), that you rarely see in a recruit ,that he has very strong ties to that simply do not relate to ND. The fact that we are in his top three (five) is a huge testament to CW and staff for the outstanding recruiting effort in general and to Polian in particular. Even if we don't get Teo, this will pay dividends in the future. When was the last time anyone on the ND staff was considered for recruiter of the year. When was the last time any school won the recruiting title with a 3-9 campaign and then turned around and had the year that ND will have in 2009 recruiting. Kudos boys. You've done a marvelous job.

SouthernIrish
09-18-2008, 02:54 PM
having read the same article from Scout, I think BYU must be leading with UCLA second. He only says very generic things about Standford, ND and USC. We might be close to second on that as ND is a religous school.

irishunclebill
10-10-2008, 11:46 AM
ND has had some big time Official Visits this year, Bonds, Evans, Motta, to name a few, but none bigger than this one. Manti is coming to town for the Pitt game.

domehead1
10-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Hell yeah! I am sure he will be feeling the love!!!

BGIF
10-10-2008, 02:08 PM
... Manti is coming to town for the Pitt game.

You're teasing right?

Evans drops his soft verbal to USC.

Motta spurns UF.

And now Te'o's (that's also more apostrophes than letters) comes to South Bend.

You're putting legs on my Double Secret Silent Verbal List.

When will Nixon and Jelani be on campus?

IloveChrisZorich
10-10-2008, 02:51 PM
I wonder if he will think it is weird that I am going to grab onto is leg and not let him leave campus until he agrees to play for Notre Dame.

BGIF
10-10-2008, 03:34 PM
I wonder if he will think it is weird that I am going to grab onto is leg and not let him leave campus until he agrees to play for Notre Dame.

Does a man crush constitute an "extra benefit"?

Dayton_Domer
10-10-2008, 04:04 PM

That's one way to get a recruit to stay.

rontdtarchala
10-10-2008, 04:13 PM
Do you not get the feeling we are going to be a powerhouse for a long time to come....
God, family, ND, GH...GO IRISH!!!!

Dayton_Domer
10-10-2008, 04:24 PM
Not to get ahead of ourselves, but ND will be strong for some time if the current recruiting results continue. CW still needs to land more OL and DL.

Overall, I'm pleased with the progress this season.

If ND lands several of the remaining guys on the board, this will be a very good class.

BGIF
10-10-2008, 04:41 PM
Not to get ahead of ourselves, but ND will be strong for some time if the current recruiting results continue. CW still needs to land more OL and DL.

Overall, I'm pleased with the progress this season.

If ND lands several of the remaining guys on the board, this will be a very good class.

Amen!

IrishChieftain777
10-10-2008, 04:59 PM
It all begins and ends with production on the field, which we are beginning to see again. I freely admit that I dring from the ND Kool-aid early and often, but I must admit I feel much better now than I did a year ago regarding the direction of the program. I think player development is (becoming) a non-issue, recruiting remains a strong suit of Weis's staff, and as a result on-field production is on an upswing.
More importanly, I think recruits are increasingly having the same perception of the program.

IrishGrizz
10-10-2008, 04:59 PM
Or to freak him out completely. DD- stay away...............:nanana:

IrishR#1
10-10-2008, 05:10 PM
Great news. We need the atmosphere that we had at the scUM and Purdue game to get him to come. We've got ourselves a major 12th man this season. The fans are even louder than they were in 05 and 06.

morrdave9
10-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Gotta love those USC fans. I was watching Manti's 2007 highlight film on Youtube and read some of the comments at the bottom, and this is what one of them was:

saluv32 (1 week ago) truthfully manti teo dont have a chance to play at USC if he does go there cuz there is too much talent at the line backer position...dont compare this weak ass to rey maualuga cause he played in hawaii come to the mainland and he wont play like that ovah here cause there is too much talent...like what happened to hawaii when they played Georgia....im just telling it like it is...he is whack and there is no way he'll play at USC just being real...come to cali and get yo ass sereved

SpanishElite
10-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Gotta love those USC fans. I was watching Manti's 2007 highlight film on Youtube and read some of the comments at the bottom, and this is what one of them was:

saluv32 (1 week ago) truthfully manti teo dont have a chance to play at USC if he does go there cuz there is too much talent at the line backer position...dont compare this weak ass to rey maualuga cause he played in hawaii come to the mainland and he wont play like that ovah here cause there is too much talent...like what happened to hawaii when they played Georgia....im just telling it like it is...he is whack and there is no way he'll play at USC just being real...come to cali and get yo ass sereved

Yea.. That guy is right! Dont go to USC! :bigsmile:

NDGirlzRock
10-10-2008, 09:25 PM

REPS for that find!!!! Spanish is right, DONT GO TO USCLESS!!!!!!!

:clover: :clover: :hcti:

stew654
10-10-2008, 10:42 PM

ROFL F'n hillarious

IrishR#1
10-11-2008, 12:17 AM
Youtube is amazing. It collects the biggest idiots around the world to comment on an even dumber video.

And I agree. Nixon shouldn't go to USC. Go somewhere out east past the Rockies.

NDisNCin2010
10-11-2008, 10:48 AM
remember Charlie flew all the way to Hawaii way back when to recruit Manti...the kids that we want and need acknowledge things like that...have to think that has something to do with manti returning the favor and giving us a shot...the ace up CW sleeve is that word on camous is that the games are electric, and exciting this year....so we have a chance if mati "feels ND" while here...thats all we can ask for and hang our hopes on, and it works on a lot fo recruits...p.s. i dont think even Carroll went to Hawaii in respect to recruiting manti but i could be wrong...

ndcufan
10-11-2008, 01:05 PM
remember Charlie flew all the way to Hawaii way back when to recruit Manti...the kids that we want and need acknowledge things like that...have to think that has something to do with manti returning the favor and giving us a shot...the ace up CW sleeve is that word on camous is that the games are electric, and exciting this year....so we have a chance if mati "feels ND" while here...thats all we can ask for and hang our hopes on, and it works on a lot fo recruits...p.s. i dont think even Carroll went to Hawaii in respect to recruiting manti but i could be wrong...

i thought i read in an article comparing silly willie to the successful coaches, that carroll went to hawaii after their loss at oregon st. b/c the osu game was a thursday and he could fly to hawaii and back to la before the week of practice began. in any regards i truly hope manti decides nd b/c that would make for a sweet lb core.

fightenmick2
10-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Pete probably didn't go to Hawaii.. Hellsbells he probably sent him the money to come to the mainland ..So Cal would never do anything wrong ..just ask the NCAA lol

irishunclebill
10-13-2008, 03:38 PM
POOF! Just like that Manti's Pitt visit has been cancelled. I knew this was too good to be true. Even worse the report is that the visit is being cancelled because it is Homecoming weekend for Punahao School. Only problem with that is:

1) Punahao does not even have a game that weekend, kind of difficult to have a homecoming weekend without a game, and

2) According to another source, Punahao School's website indicates that Homecoming Weekend is this weekend.

The optimist in me is saying that someone just has their info wrong, the cynic in me is saying that something does not smell right here. My cynic is also telling me that this sounds very similar to Nixon cancelling his scUM visit because he incorrectly thought that was his BYE week, how is that possible anyway? This one though as reported is even worse because at least Nixon really did have a game the weekend of the ND/scUM game whereas the excuse given here does not even exist. It should be interesting to see if any clarification is given for this screw-up in reporting.

DiamDawg
10-13-2008, 04:23 PM
POOF! Just like that Manti's Pitt visit has been cancelled. I knew this was too good to be true. Even worse the report is that the visit is being cancelled because it is Homecoming weekend for Punahao School. Only problem with that is:

1) Punahao does not even have a game that weekend, kind of difficult to have a homecoming weekend without a game, and

2) According to another source, Punahao School's website indicates that Homecoming Weekend is this weekend.

The optimist in me is saying that someone just has their info wrong, the cynic in me is saying that something does not smell right here. My cynic is also telling me that this sounds very similar to Nixon cancelling his scUM visit because he incorrectly thought that was his BYE week, how is that possible anyway? This one though as reported is even worse because at least Nixon really did have a game the weekend of the ND/scUM game whereas the excuse given here does not even exist. It should be interesting to see if any clarification is given for this screw-up in reporting.

Hmmmmm ... coincidence or ...

Originally Posted by IloveChrisZorich

just saying ...

NDisNCin2010
10-13-2008, 05:50 PM
Hmmmmm ... coincidence or ...

Originally Posted by IloveChrisZorich

just saying ...

LOL...that ILoveChrisZorich line about Manti is becoming an instant GH classic...too funny.

stew654
10-13-2008, 06:09 PM
LOL...that ILoveChrisZorich line about Manti is becoming an instant GH classic...too funny.

Agree...if it was a game it would be on constant espn classic rotation.

SpanishElite
10-13-2008, 08:21 PM
YIKES. That definitely is not good news. It looks we have all but swung and missed on Teo, Nixon and Telfort.

IloveChrisZorich
10-13-2008, 08:43 PM
My bad guys. I will take the blame for this one. I just let my excitement get the best of me.

IloveChrisZorich
10-13-2008, 08:52 PM
I will say however that after I started a chant for Shaq in the student section and gave him a high five he was all the sudden "feeling the love from ND." So ILCZ giveith and ILCZ takeith away.

brownkj002
10-16-2008, 09:17 AM
Weis is flying out to see Manti this weekend.

henges25
10-16-2008, 10:24 AM
That's great to hear

NDisNCin2010
10-16-2008, 11:01 AM
Weis is flying out to see Manti this weekend.

ya gotta respect and love charlie and his work ethic...guys 50+ yrs old, he's got a torn acl and a torn mcl...he weighs over 3 bills, and is gonna shoehorn himself into a plane int he middle of the season, for a 9 hr flight to see a kid who, he has already seen in person in HI, and who said he prolly not even gonna visit us...certainly gets an A for effort in my book...

edit:
this article up on scout for free...our staff are relentless and effective recruiters...a must read:

http://notredame.scout.com/2/801515.html

Akron Irish
10-16-2008, 11:49 AM
ya gotta respect and love charlie and his work ethic...guys 50+ yrs old, he's got a torn acl and a torn mcl...he weighs over 3 bills, and is gonna shoehorn himself into a plane int he middle of the season, for a 9 hr flight to see a kid who, he has already seen in person in HI, and who said he prolly not even gonna visit us...certainly gets an A for effort in my book...

edit:
this article up on scout for free...our staff are relentless and effective recruiters...a must read:

http://notredame.scout.com/2/801515.html

I thought he schedued a visit

n/m - read the ariticle and he's trying to reschedule

irishunclebill
10-16-2008, 11:52 AM
I thought he schedued a visit

He cancelled it, but is supposed to re-schedule. I guess CW is going out there to make sure that happens.

Griff Cannon
10-16-2008, 05:01 PM
shoehorn himself into a plane int he middle of the season, for a 9 hr flight to see a kid who,

I don't think it will be that bad of a flight for him, ND has their own private jets. :neo: And he is going to Hawaii come on, not a bad trip to go on I doubt anyone had to draw the short straw.:bigsmile:

In other news I am glad to have found a reason to use the "neo" smiley

irishmarine
10-16-2008, 05:14 PM
yeah while hes there im sure he'll jump over to look at the other lb coming out in '10. great work by charlie and the boys

NDisNCin2010
10-16-2008, 05:36 PM
I don't think it will be that bad of a flight for him, ND has their own private jets. :neo: And he is going to Hawaii come on, not a bad trip to go on I doubt anyone had to draw the short straw.:bigsmile:

In other news I am glad to have found a reason to use the "neo" smiley

unless Charlie is hunting elk in Maine, he's not on the ND jet that is used for the staff:
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N42ND

i dont think the jets ND has can make it all the way from the mainland to HI anyway...(no enough fuel capacity...even if itinerary was SB to SF/LA to HI)...reality is some private jets have less room than commerical first class seats.

rontdtarchala
10-16-2008, 05:42 PM
just get him here the team, students, and fans will do the rest....

SpanishElite
10-16-2008, 11:57 PM
Thats a great job by Coach Weis. If we dont land Teo it definitely will not be because of a lack of effort and hard work. When people call for Coach Weis' jobs these are the things I think about that alot of coaches (and our last one imparticular) wouldn't do to get a prime time recruit.

NDisNCin2010
10-17-2008, 09:55 AM
Thats a great job by Coach Weis. If we dont land Teo it definitely will not be because of a lack of effort and hard work. When people call for Coach Weis' jobs these are the things I think about that alot of coaches (and our last one imparticular) wouldn't do to get a prime time recruit.

me too Spanish...the fact of the matter is, is that Charlie will be the ND head coach as long as he wants too within his current contract anyway so all the gnashing of teeth, pitchforks in hand calling for his head are basically pointless.

doogerfuji
10-17-2008, 02:27 PM
I.U.B. would you mind speculating just a bit. The fact is CW could go anywhere on his bye weekend. He is choosing to take a nine hour plane ride to see Teo for the second time. Do you think he is going alllllllll the wayyyyyyy out there to try and induce Teo into a visit or do you think there is genuine interest on his part. Otherwise why go at all?

daytonirish
10-17-2008, 03:41 PM
I would speculate for you, but I didn't take my meds today. And when I don't IUB and others think I'm kinda :looney: :confused: :nuts: :gooooofy: all at the same time. So I won't do any speculating. :devil:

rontdtarchala
10-17-2008, 05:18 PM
every one knows I'm slightly touched so I will speculate... there has to be some smoke there for Cdub do go all that way... he uses his time very efficiently and I don't see him going that distance unless we either have a great shot at the kid... or we already had him and he is loosing interest... jmcrazyo

stew654
10-17-2008, 06:15 PM
every one knows I'm slightly touched so I will speculate... there has to be some smoke there for Cdub do go all that way... he uses his time very efficiently and I don't see him going that distance unless we either have a great shot at the kid... or we already had him and he is loosing interest... jmcrazyo

I do not believe its the latter so it must be to reschedule that official in person

BGIF
10-17-2008, 07:00 PM

Both reasonably crazed speculations.

It might also be to make Te'o and his family feel more comfortable a long way from home. The family would be 9 hours from Te'o at ND like Jason Ching's family was.

I've got to believe from a religious standpoint they'd feel more comfortable with him at BYU, or with Chow at UCLA, or even at USC with a more diverse student body. I have no idea the number of Mormons in the ND student body but would hazard a guess it's a lot less than UCLA or USC.

About 10 years ago shortly before Signing Day, an ND recruit's family was in turmoil over religion. He was an outstanding student and his parents were thrilled with the prospect of a ND education. They liked parietals and students being held accountable. But they were from a different religion and concerned about their son's exposure to another religion particularly at a parochial institution. They heard that the entire ND football team went to Mass together and their son would be made to worship as a Catholic.

They were Jehovah's Witnesses. They don't attend other religions services. They don't participate in interfaith services.

A coach met with the parents and assured them their son would not be prosleytized nor required to participate in other's services. It was pointed out that the student body is composed of Catholics, Jews, Muslims, and various Christian denominations living in harmony. ND welcomes all and ND would assist their son in finding religious support in the South Bend area as they have done for other non-Catholic students. Their fears assuaged the parents allowed him to attend ND. He excelled both on the field and in the classroom. His parents are proud of their - ND Man.

Sometimes it negative recruiting that leads a prospect to shun ND. Sometimes it's the recruits own concerns or those of his parents. Right now they have to get an Official Visit set so he can experience ND first hand, preferably with his parents.

BTW, there is some economy in this trip. ND is recruiting another Honolulu prospect, V.J. Fehoko, Class of '10, who recently received an ND offer.

stonebreakerwasgod
10-17-2008, 07:03 PM
ND spends almost the same money recruiting two players than Hawaii does for all of theirs. I'm glad, as I don't care for Hawaii at all. See UC vs Hawaii a few years back.

BGIF
10-17-2008, 07:12 PM
ND spends almost the same money recruiting two players than Hawaii does for all of theirs. ...

Yeah, but think how much money Charlie has to spend on sun block!

stonebreakerwasgod
10-17-2008, 07:14 PM
Probably more than what would be spent on a gym membership.

notredomer23
10-17-2008, 08:57 PM
BGIF. your talking bout brandon hoyte, correct?

NDGirlzRock
10-17-2008, 09:08 PM
If it means anything, my boss is a Mormon right from Salt Lake City, she did the mission and so did her husband. We were talking a week or so ago about how Catholics and Mormons relate. Yes I'm Catholic, but I haven't had much exposure to the Mormon faith so I asked how each faith deals with the other. She said that the position of the Mormon church is to work closely with Catholics. She said that this stance is driven by the amount of missionary work that both religions promote. And it does make sense!!! If that is the stance of the Mormon church, I would think that it bodes well for Te'o and ND!!!

daytonirish
10-17-2008, 09:14 PM
Hey we used to have this hot chick by the name of NDGirlz who used to post here all the time. You related to her ????????????????????????????????????

What's up Girlz , you need to come around more often you are missed.

stonebreakerwasgod
10-17-2008, 09:19 PM
Ditto.

NDGirlzRock
10-17-2008, 09:43 PM
I'm still here boys...just working like 60 hours a week to try and catch up from not having a job......you could always give me some money if you miss me that much!!! Just kidding!!! I'm trying to get back here more often!!!

stonebreakerwasgod
10-17-2008, 09:46 PM
That's it. I'm starting the NDGR donation fund. Please send all checks/cash to me, so that I can properly disburse it. Thanx.

NDGirlzRock
10-17-2008, 09:47 PM
Notice the no gold membership anymore!!! Anyway...thank you for the donations!!! LOL!!!

jbrown_9999
10-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Pure speculation but one thought is that he might be attending a different school's homecoming due to a girl friend or family member going to that school.

medvnd
10-18-2008, 04:50 AM
There are 25-30 Mormons at ND (mostly grad, law, and business students, although there are a few undergrads), as well as two professors (one business, one poli sci) and at least one staff member (physical plant). The South Bend/Mishawaka area has two congregations, with another in Niles and two more in the Elkhart area. There are even a few Polynesian members in the area (Tongan and Samoan mostly).

I know this because I'm Mormon, have been a grad student at ND for seven years, and have served in several leadership positions in one of the local Mormon congregations. I actually called the football office a few days ago and volunteered to help with Manti's visit. I don't expect to hear back from CW (I haven't yet, anyway), but maybe he'll give me a call if he gets that official rescheduled. Here's hoping.

I can say from years of experience that ND is a fantastic place to practice your religion, no matter what that religion is, and to dialogue with those of other faiths.

stew654
10-18-2008, 08:34 AM
Te’o and Punahou put on a show for Weis

http://www.starbulletin.com/sports/20081018_teo_and_punahou_put_on_a_show_for_weis.ht ml?page=2&c=y

With University of Notre Dame football coach Charlie Weis watching closely from a golf cart behind the end zone, Punahou School senior Manti Te'o showed off his multitude of skills yesterday in helping the Buffanblu rout visiting 'Iolani, 49-7, in Interscholastic League of Honolulu action.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/20081018/SPORTS03/810180377/1032

http://cmsimg.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=M1&Date=20081018&Category=SPORTS03&ArtNo=810180377&Ref=AR&Profile=1032&MaxW=298&Q=90&NoBorder

mlcspinner
10-18-2008, 08:37 AM
Te’o and Punahou put on a show for Weis

http://www.starbulletin.com/sports/20081018_teo_and_punahou_put_on_a_show_for_weis.ht ml?page=2&c=y

With University of Notre Dame football coach Charlie Weis watching closely from a golf cart behind the end zone, Punahou School senior Manti Te'o showed off his multitude of skills yesterday in helping the Buffanblu rout visiting 'Iolani, 49-7, in Interscholastic League of Honolulu action.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/20081018/SPORTS03/810180377/1032

very nice, come on CW work your magic

stew654
10-18-2008, 08:40 AM
Weis' visit is getting alot of attention and press :) Wow he flew in just for his game, thats got to send a message! Hope we hear shortly of a rescheduled official.

Irish Eyes focused on Buffanblu prospect

Outlined against a blue-white October sky, Charlie Weis cast a big shadow on Punahou School's historic
Alexander Field yesterday afternoon.

But the University of Notre Dame football coach still was not the biggest celebrity at the Punahou-'Iolani game watched by a crowd of about 2,500 and a statewide TV audience.

That honor belonged to the player he came to evaluate: Punahou senior linebacker Manti Te'o.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/20081018/SPORTS03/810180379/1052/sportsfront

NDisNCin2010
10-18-2008, 10:05 AM
get em Charlie!!

irishmarine
10-18-2008, 12:51 PM
mantiu has to feel the love now.

IrishR#1
10-18-2008, 01:06 PM
Crowd of 2,500? That's not that much. The big games in Central Indiana get around 7,000, and we aren't a football state. I would have expected more.

I hope he did reschedule his visit. I wonder if weather is a big deal for him. I don't know if he would want to go to a northern team. Of course, he is considering Utah and BYU, but that's for religious reasons.

SpanishElite
10-18-2008, 01:40 PM
Yea 2500 isnt much at all. But I guess thats alot for Hawaii.

irishunclebill
10-18-2008, 05:48 PM
Crowd of 2,500? That's not that much. The big games in Central Indiana get around 7,000, and we aren't a football state. I would have expected more.

I hope he did reschedule his visit. I wonder if weather is a big deal for him. I don't know if he would want to go to a northern team. Of course, he is considering Utah and BYU, but that's for religious reasons.

Te'o is not considering Utah.

stonebreakerwasgod
10-18-2008, 06:20 PM
Can we just call this guy 'Manatee'. Seems easier to me.

publicola
10-18-2008, 06:28 PM

Who, Weis?

SpanishElite
10-18-2008, 06:35 PM

Im not sure if he would be for that...

BGIF
10-19-2008, 02:09 AM
There are 25-30 Mormons at ND (mostly grad, law, and business students, although there are a few undergrads), as well as two professors (one business, one poli sci) and at least one staff member (physical plant). The South Bend/Mishawaka area has two congregations, with another in Niles and two more in the Elkhart area. There are even a few Polynesian members in the area (Tongan and Samoan mostly).

I know this because I'm Mormon, have been a grad student at ND for seven years, and have served in several leadership positions in one of the local Mormon congregations. I actually called the football office a few days ago and volunteered to help with Manti's visit. I don't expect to hear back from CW (I haven't yet, anyway), but maybe he'll give me a call if he gets that official rescheduled. Here's hoping.

I can say from years of experience that ND is a fantastic place to practice your religion, no matter what that religion is, and to dialogue with those of other faiths.

Thanks for the useful information. Hope you get to meet him when he's on campus.

... have been a grad student at ND for seven years ...

Have you been granted tenure yet?

mlcspinner
10-19-2008, 08:17 AM
have been a grad student at ND for seven years

they should name a dorm after you :rofl:

rontdtarchala
10-19-2008, 06:01 PM
just get him on board....

NDisNCin2010
10-19-2008, 11:39 PM
if Teo visits...he'll be Irish.
if he doesnt, he wont.

SpanishElite
10-19-2008, 11:47 PM
if Teo visits...he'll be Irish.
if he doesnt, he wont.

I dont know if I agree with that. You figure he is going to take at least 3 visits. BYU, USC and Notre Dame (if he even does that).

BGIF
10-22-2008, 10:27 AM
http://notredame.scout.com/2/802940.html

domehead1
10-22-2008, 10:41 AM
nice article

IrishinTN
10-22-2008, 06:16 PM
That is a good read. Hopefully a year from now we are hearing about how Fehoko wants to join Manti in South Bend.

BGIF
10-22-2008, 07:30 PM
That is a good read. Hopefully a year from now we are hearing about how Fehoko wants to join Manti in South Bend.

A pipeline to "The Pipeline".

http://images.google.com/url?q=http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/CRC/033_401~Banzai-Pipeline-Hawaii-Posters.jpg&usg=AFQjCNFAuq05X84_BzqyD5AgBqsWQcaXbA

Easton Pa ND Fan
10-22-2008, 11:02 PM
http://notredame.scout.com/2/802940.html

The article is certainly a reason to be optimistic...Tom

SpanishElite
10-22-2008, 11:09 PM
“I can tell he likes Notre Dame because they’re in his top five no secret. "

Thats great news.

marv81s
10-23-2008, 12:55 AM
i like what I hear/read, now I will be convinced his interest is real if/when he comes for a visit

zimmsbg78
10-23-2008, 11:04 AM
Just a little read on Manti.........nothing that we don't already know.......

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=3659191

Top recruit

Manti Te'o, outside linebacker
Punahou School (Honolulu)
Considering: USC, Notre Dame, UCLA, Stanford, BYU

When NFL scouts evaluate non-FBS players on film they are looking for one thing -- pure domination at their level. This translates to college scouts as well, and while Te'o may not play against the best competition in the country, when watching him on film it is clear he is a man among boys. In fact, we feel you could take Te'o's chiseled 230-pound frame and 4.5 speed to any state on the mainland and his competition would be greatly inferior.

Aside from his great size and strength needed to provide stout run defense at the point of attack, the No. 6 overall prospect in the country is fast, athletic and very explosive closing on the football in space. He knows just one speed on the field and it is 100 miles per hour -- on every snap. The buzz of being touted the nation's No. 1 prep linebacker has not gone to this fierce competitor's head.

Continued...

GoldenShower
10-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Since it regards Te'o. Regardless of what people are recently projecting on Te'o being a BYU - USC race, here's some info about UCLA bringing in another teammate (from ESPN)

UCLA grabs another Punahou product, Robbie Toma
As expected, UCLA picked up their second commitment in the last 24 hours as wide receiver Robbie Toma announced for the Bruins moments ago, according to ESPN's Greg Biggins. Toma's teammate Dalton Hilliard committed to UCLA Monday night.

We talked with Toma over the weekend and he said there was a good chance he would be committing to UCLA sometime this week.
He said, "I'm so excited right now, this is kind of a dream come true for me. Even though I've never been to UCLA before, I didn't have any doubt this was the place for me and I felt good about committing without seeing the campus."
"I still plan on taking my official visit there but that will probably be after the season. Me and Dalton have been talking about doing this ever since I got the offer and now we're both going to try and recruit Manti (Te'o) to come play with us as well."

rontdtarchala
10-29-2008, 07:06 PM
well let's hope they cant convince him and he decides south bend is for him...

zimmsbg78
10-30-2008, 10:10 AM
Writer's opinion.......

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=869637 (Free)

LB Manti Te'o, Honolulu Punahou: It certainly looks as if this decision will come down to USC and BYU, with the Cougars in the lead. Te'o still has a long list and took an official visit to UCLA, but this appears to be a two-team race.

The Manorite
10-30-2008, 10:12 AM
He said he thinks that ND is in 3rd.

IrishGrizz
10-30-2008, 12:45 PM
3rd, shmird. If we don't get him, it doesn't matter alot where we finish.

rontdtarchala
10-30-2008, 03:21 PM
that's a fact

BGIF
10-30-2008, 04:29 PM
He (Mike Farrell) said he thinks that ND is in 3rd.

Same guy, the Linked article was written by Mike Farrell.

BGIF
10-31-2008, 02:33 AM
Craig Haubert Mailbag
10/29/08

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/columns/story?columnist=haubert_craig&id=3670242

Q. Where does Manti Te'o look to end up, and has he played against the level of competition to earn his top-10 rating?

A. let's start off with the first part of your question. Manti Te'o (Honolulu/Punahou) currently has five programs he is looking at: USC, UCLA, BYU, Notre Dame and Stanford. Not surprisingly three are PAC-10 teams, one is BYU, which has a strong history with Polynesian players and those who take time for missions, and the fifth is Notre Dame.

At this point in the process it is tough to say who is the leader, and it looks like we still have some time before Te'o will make a decision. The only team he has visited officially is UCLA, and I would say at this point they may be the dark horse. Two of his high school teammates -- Dalton Hilliard and Robbie Toma -- committed this week to the Bruins, and fellow Hawaiian Under Armour All-American Stan Hasiak committed October 20. Plus, offensive coordinator Norm Chow is also a member of the Latter Day Saints religion like Te'o.
You can never count out USC when it comes down to top prospects, and head coach Pete Carroll took a trip to see Te'o play about a month ago. Academics seem to be important to the athletic linebacker, so there is reason to consider Stanford a contender.

and ND academics are what Craig??

... He also wants to take a two-year mission, which means his freshman season wouldn't be until 2011. With that in mind, BYU has to be considered a contender because that is something the program is accustomed to. However, I can say with confidence that any of these five programs would gladly wait if it meant they were going to land Te'o.
Finally there is Notre Dame, the one program in the mix away from the West Coast. Charlie Weis recently took time to go see Te'o play and the Irish must feel they are in the mix.

Apparently, per craig, the only thing ND has going for it is "the one program in the mix away from the West Coast.

A case can be made for all five schools. If I were to handicap them at this time I would put USC first followed by UCLA, BYU, Notre Dame and Stanford (disclaimer: I reserve the right to change that list as the recruiting process continues).
As for whether Te'o, the nation's No. 1 linebacker and No. 4 rated overall player, belongs in the top ten, the best way to answer that is simply yes. He recently moved up two slots in our updated rankings from No. 6 to No. 4.
We are well aware Hawaii may not be the best spot for talent. The Islands are not deep with elite national prospects, and in four years of the ESPNU 150, Te'o is the only player from Hawaii to make it. It does not take much film study though to see he is a special player. He combines good size with speed and a motor. A relentless player, he displays the versatility to be a great collegiate inside or outside linebacker. He also plays well on offense, and while he may not be playing against the same level of talent some prospects in California, Texas or Florida, he is at least playing at a high level in his talent pool. If you are going to swim in a small pond, you better be the biggest fish -- and Te'o is. We have no concerns about his ability to perform against better talent at the college level and feel he very much deserves to be a top-10 prospect. If you don't believe us, Carroll's and Weis' actions should confirm it. For those two coaches to take time to fly out to Hawaii just to watch him play, they must think he is pretty good.

"If you are going to swim in a small pond, you better be the biggest fish --" not exactly the words demonstrate his ability to swim in the ocean with the among the big fish (a top 10 rating).

pmarrack
11-14-2008, 04:21 PM
The Honolulu Advertiser reported today that Te'o will be in South Bend for the Syracuse game. The link should appear below, unless I screw it up:

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/20081114/SPORTS03/811140358/-1/SPORTSFRONT

daytonirish
11-14-2008, 05:29 PM
Thanks for posting the link. Should get folks talking agian about him.

eric_navy
11-14-2008, 06:10 PM
I didn't know he was an Eagle Scout. That's awesome.

NDgrandson
11-14-2008, 09:21 PM
Holy crap!!!

That is huge news. That has me fired up. I needed to be fired up.

NDgrandson
11-14-2008, 09:26 PM
The Honolulu Advertiser reported today that Te'o will be in South Bend for the Syracuse game. The link should appear below, unless I screw it up:

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/20081114/SPORTS03/811140358/-1/SPORTSFRONT

Reps for breaking the big news.

It's a good read and the part about ND is tiny. Here is what is said.

He took an official visit to UCLA in September, and will visit Notre Dame next weekend. A tentative visit to USC has been scheduled for the weekend after, but if Punahou wins the ILH championship and a state tournament berth tonight against Saint Louis, that visit will be rescheduled for December.

Dayton_Domer
11-14-2008, 10:29 PM
Great news! And congrats to Manti for making Eagle Scout!

Griff Cannon
11-15-2008, 05:04 AM
So what will the banners on campus say?

I cant think of anything inspiring right now its either too early or too late :secretservice:

iloveirish_12
11-15-2008, 08:45 AM
I know getting them to vist is half the battle, but I think he is going to go to UCLA because of Norm Chow. But I guess you never know what could happen on a vist.

NDisNCin2010
11-15-2008, 09:34 AM
this is huge news if true!

if he visits on a game day weekend...he's Irish.

SpanishElite
11-15-2008, 10:18 AM
Thats great news. Hopefully Coach Polian and Weis and reel this one in.

"Good Luck" to his highschool team to keep playing... :bigsmile:

notredomer23
11-15-2008, 11:07 AM
this was good news to wake up to

Griff Cannon
11-15-2008, 02:05 PM
Manti Te'o, Punahou defeat St. Louis for league title
Uncommitted Under Armour All-American Manti Te'o, the nation's finest linebacker prospect, rushed for 73 yards and scored two touchdowns (one and 47 yards) in Punahou's 41-28 triumph over Saint Louis (Honolulu), the Honolulu Advertiser reports.

He said after the win, "It's a great feeling. It's my senior year. There's no greater feeling. We got two more games. We made it to the big dance."

Looks like USC wont see him till December

NDgrandson
11-15-2008, 04:24 PM
So what will the banners on campus say?

I cant think of anything inspiring right now its either too early or too late :secretservice:

Good question about the banners cuz there will be some for sure. I think the leys (spelling? the flowery things around the neck) have been on campus for weeks in preperation for his visit that was canceled. Everyone in the SB area should be wearing the leys for Manti.

this is huge news if true!

if he visits on a game day weekend...he's Irish.

His visit is for the Syracuse game.

Looks like USC wont see him till December

I hope the weather in SB is OK next week cuz its 90s in SoCal.

Irish Joe
11-16-2008, 01:37 AM
90's & raining Co-eds....hello Syphilis!!

stew654
11-19-2008, 08:57 PM
One of the biggest D recruits we have had on campus in awhile and no posts since sun. Come on Teo!!
MANTI’S TOP FIVE COLLEGE CONSIDERATIONS

Asked to list his top five considerations in choosing a college to play for, Te’o explained:

1. “Do they have the coaching to get me into the NFL?”
2. “If I get hurt before I sign [a national letter of intent], will they still honor my scholarship offer?”
3. “Can I make an important impact [start] right away?”
4. “How’s the football program doing?”
5. “Will they take me as me or who I am? Will they alienate me because I’m different? Because I’m a local [Hawaiian] boy, I may not blend in right away with mainland people.”

Brian said that “education is very important to him [Manti] and will play an important part in his decision; especially the value of the degree from the school he goes to.”

http://byu.scout.com/2/792003.html

SpanishElite
11-19-2008, 09:05 PM
1. Yes.
2. Yes you will keep your offer.
3. Yes you would play early.
4. The program is FASTLY moving on its way up. 2009, 2010, 2011 we could be scary good.
5. Yes we will. Everyone is welcome at ND.

Ok then go ahead and commit! :bigsmile:

stew654
11-19-2008, 09:20 PM
This is a great idea, man the students are like the 12th man of recruiting! Here is to hoping they impress teo as much as they did shaq (and all the others for that matter)!

"In a recent post I stated that ND was not going to allow students to wear lei's in support of a visiting recruit by providing a letter sent by the University.

They had to write it. The lei's are still on. The NCAA can't do anything about it if ND doesn't sanction the event.

If you are going to the game, I think you will be able to find them at Gate E, or bring your own.

This could be a great show of support. 10,000 + wearing lei's for a football game in the middle of November in South Bend. It's just too bad that there is not a forecast of snow for Saturday. How cool would that look?! I'm starting to regret turning down tickets 4 different times for the game. If you go, send me some pics and I will post them here

http://subwaydomer.blogspot.com/2008/11/hey-everbody-were-all-going-to-get-leid.html

SpanishElite
11-19-2008, 09:55 PM
haha. That would be sweet. Lots of lei's, in the snow in North Indiana, against 'Cuse.

robertsgolf
11-19-2008, 10:25 PM
Hope the D brings it hard Saturday and the Student section is rocking.

rontdtarchala
11-19-2008, 11:30 PM
everyone there needs to bring it up a notch or two for sure....

NDgrandson
11-20-2008, 02:09 AM
What will the students do in addition to the leis?

How about the "Deo!" chant they do at NBA games and stuff but go with, "Te'o!" The acapela team can redo the words to...

Te'o, me say Te'o
Te'o come and play ball for ND

What ideas doyou guys have?

domehead1
11-20-2008, 07:54 AM
I bringing in the troops for this weekends game...all 3 kids already have the leis...and are ready to use their "we are cute lil kids please come play for the Irish" faces. I was thinking about wearing my Don Ho shirt...shoot I may even hit the tanning bed.

NDGirlzRock
11-20-2008, 11:41 AM
Yeah, I'd say that leis and Don Ho hawaian shirts would me quite a picture!!! The that I think about this young man, I truly believe that ND is the best place for him. I'm not saying that BYU won't get him to the NFL, but they won't play the talent that ND does...plus he will have Tenuta to guide him and we know what he can do with linebackers. Common Manti...ND is the one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

paddyman
11-20-2008, 03:49 PM
Why dont we just go with the whole Magnum PI look?

Griff Cannon
11-20-2008, 05:00 PM
I have heard about lei's, beach balls and grass skirts being very well stocked in the dorms by the student body...

Irish Joe
11-20-2008, 08:59 PM
Hopefully NBC gets us some good shots of the students...

Griff Cannon
11-21-2008, 02:02 PM
I have heard Te'o may not be coming on his own, there may be a Dalton Hilliard making the trip with him?

irishmarine
11-21-2008, 02:16 PM
did we offer both?

Dayton_Domer
11-21-2008, 02:33 PM
Yes.

NDGirlzRock
11-21-2008, 03:11 PM
Didn't Hillard commit to UCLA? Why would he come for the visit if he is already committed somewhere else?

Sparks inda Loo
11-21-2008, 03:22 PM
ND Nation has an article about the ND compliance office sh*tcanning a plan to pass out 8,000 leis before the game.

I liked the quote about how "a mass banishment of anyone wearing a Hawaiian shirt is unlikely".

Griff Cannon
11-21-2008, 04:48 PM
Te'o and Hilliard both go to the same school as well, so it would be interesting if this is correct

but this could just be some of the smoke being thrown up with the other mystery recruit no one can figure out

IrishR#1
11-21-2008, 04:50 PM
I NEED a lei at this game. I have to get one.

NDisNCin2010
11-21-2008, 06:48 PM

How about the "Deo!" chant they do at NBA games and stuff but go with, "Te'o!" The acapela team can redo the words to...

Te'o, me say Te'o

like that approach!

NDisNCin2010
11-21-2008, 06:48 PM
Why dont we just go with the whole Magnum PI look?

this one not so much..

daytonirish
11-21-2008, 07:17 PM
I don't see Hillard still having an offer that is active. We already have two RB in tow. Don't think we would take a third.

SouthernIrish
11-21-2008, 07:50 PM
this one not so much..

Hey, don't go raggin' on my man Tom Selleck. I'd kill anyone of you to live the life of Magnum PI. Mansion, Ferrari, Estate on the beach, Hawaii, a friend who works at a country club, another friend that owns a helicopter and hot babes everywhere I look. Oh, man did I live vicariously through that guy.

rontdtarchala
11-21-2008, 10:41 PM
gotta admit the man had the life

NDgrandson
11-21-2008, 10:50 PM
ND Nation has an article about the ND compliance office sh*tcanning a plan to pass out 8,000 leis before the game.

I liked the quote about how "a mass banishment of anyone wearing a Hawaiian shirt is unlikely".

I think that was ND just showing the NCAA that is it not ND's idea and they are not part of this recruiting tactic. That way, it's all on the fans, which is completely legal.

Legacy
11-22-2008, 12:42 AM

Te'o, me say Te'o

How about a Haka?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pCZ5RkhJkY

NDgrandson
11-22-2008, 02:58 AM
How about a Haka?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pCZ5RkhJkY

If our team learned a dance for Te'o, that would be impressive.

robertsgolf
11-22-2008, 12:13 PM
Hope he likes what he sees today and feels that ND tradition and passion. Fan's at the game need to be on point and rockin' today.

NDizNumba1
11-22-2008, 06:33 PM
Hope he likes what he sees today and feels that ND tradition and passion. Fan's at the game need to be on point and rockin' today.

instead they were booing and throwing snowballs at the players, i'm disgusted

lowayne
11-22-2008, 07:23 PM
We saw Manti get hit by a snowball today. Yup, go Irish.

sway716
11-22-2008, 07:41 PM
We saw Manti get hit by a snowball today. Yup, go Irish.

:bugeyes: Hopefully you're just a troll like I suspect.

rontdtarchala
11-22-2008, 07:48 PM
definite troll... screw em... no way the young man was impressed though...

domehead1
11-22-2008, 08:43 PM
PA announcer had to come on atleast 3 times and tell people to stop throwing snowballs...AT OUR TEAM?!?!
Frustrating.

rontdtarchala
11-22-2008, 08:50 PM
yeah svo put up a piece that said the prospect were indeed hit by flying orbs of snow... cheese and rice what is wrong with people... booh scream cuss if you must... and it was called for... but hurling balls of ice at the players and people on the sidelines is simply uncalled for...

lags24
11-22-2008, 09:07 PM
where did svo put that up at?

irishman43
11-22-2008, 11:05 PM
No, paying for tickets and having the rows not shoveled is uncalled for. The money ND makes on those games and not having the rows shoveled at all was very poor indeed. The snowball problem wouldn't have happened if they would have invested in a clean-up plan. I will bet the next time it snows before a game they will clean-up.

lowayne
11-23-2008, 10:18 AM
:bugeyes: Hopefully you're just a troll like I suspect.

I wish I was trolling about Manti getting pelted, but it was clear as day from where I was sitting in the student section. I also saw a cop get hit and he stormed all the way from the field to near the upper level and escorted a student out.

sway716
11-23-2008, 01:14 PM
I wish I was trolling about Manti getting pelted, but it was clear as day from where I was sitting in the student section. I also saw a cop get hit and he stormed all the way from the field to near the upper level and escorted a student out.

WTF:guns:

irishziggy
11-23-2008, 03:13 PM
BGI said that Ethan Johnson was blasted in the face and Corwin Brown too

Griff Cannon
11-23-2008, 05:40 PM
I was at the game as well, luckily behind the student section.
#1 This could have been entirely prevented by actually clearing out the damn snow. It was 8-10" deep everywhere in the stadium.
#2 When it is 12 degrees outside and dropping, and the TV timeouts are 5 mins long. Your trying to do anything to not think about how cold you are. Add some alcohol and awful snow clean-up and thats what you get.

I would have expected the same thing no matter what university I was at watching the game.

rontdtarchala
11-23-2008, 06:20 PM
this is just been a bad year all around... the administration playing the Nazi roll with fans... the team playing far below expectations... not using some money (they definitely have plenty) to clear out snow for goodness sakes... just a lot of things that doesn't make me real proud... I say we be strong and be as positive as we can... most definitely starting with me and finish this football season on a strong note...next year we will kick some serious assssss....

iloveirish_12
11-23-2008, 07:28 PM
be as positive as we can...next year we will kick some serious assssss....

Are you sure? cause as of right now I don't see ND being better than an 7 or 8 win team next year, if that. And I am sick of hearing how good this team is going to be. They are a bad team. I don't know if they are going to be good next year. As for being positive, good luck with that.

ND Fanatic
11-23-2008, 08:54 PM
What I don't understand is you get thrown out of the stadium for beening too loud or standing in front of some big donor, but they won't take the students out for throwing snowballs?

It wasn't that difficult to see who was doing the throwing and if the first 5-10 kids get dragged out of the stadium, the whole thing would have stopped.

therizz
11-24-2008, 09:42 AM
Back to Te'o.

All the reports from the Irish officials this weekend are trying to put a positive spin on things. I'm still not optimistic though.

rontdtarchala
11-24-2008, 09:51 AM
ili it sure isn't easy... I've been rough on this staff for two years to be honest... as most will back up... its just that after a while the taste of bile becomes too much and you start looking for any way to be positive...