PDA

View Full Version : '08 OH S Dan McCarthy (7/16/07 Notre Dame LOI)

Pages : [1] 2

Svoboda
03-03-2007, 10:09 AM
Dan McCarthy

Svoboda
03-03-2007, 10:10 AM
I've been exchanging emails with several Cardinal Mooney boosters including their football statistician and they told me that McCarthy has received an offer. I'd look for this to be confirmed by Scout and Rivals soon.

iloveirish_12
03-05-2007, 09:06 AM
This is my pick for the next commit. I think he will pick ND soon.

Famboo28
03-05-2007, 06:06 PM
This is my pick for the next commit. I think he will pick ND soon.

I agree with you. He seems to have some strong ties with ND, obviously because his brother plays. I'd like to see him commit soon.

BGIF
03-06-2007, 07:31 AM
Is his offer the reason Scout now has UF and UTX leading for Brewser (not offered) instead of ND and UTX?

iloveirish_12
03-10-2007, 09:59 AM
When I watched a video of him, I couldn't help but think of Tommy Z. I think he plays a lot like Zibby.

rontdtarchala
03-10-2007, 01:21 PM
hopefully he plays smarter and doesn't get suckered quite as easily...then again with a new scheme I fully expect Zibs to make a major resurgence this season...

gallup21
03-10-2007, 01:43 PM
Is his offer the reason Scout now has UF and UTX leading for Brewser (not offered) instead of ND and UTX?

UF, OSU, and USC are leaders for Brewster

iloveirish_12
03-10-2007, 07:20 PM
UF, OSU, and USC are leaders for Brewster

I don't think we have a very good chance with Brewster. I think he is a UF lock.

gallup21
03-10-2007, 09:23 PM
iloveirish, i dont think ND's even in the running anymore.

BGIF
03-25-2007, 05:54 AM
According to a freebie article from TheBootleg

http://story.Scout.com/a.z?s=109&p=2&c=629632

McCarthy has 11 scholarships including STAN OSU ND UM LSU OU IU WIS IOW. The article claims he has a TOp 7.

Of his top 7 schools, 6 have offered scholarships and another could be close. "STAN ND OSU UM LSU OU and UF has been in contact with me a lot also.

Factors: Academics, Football Program, Location

irishunclebill
06-23-2007, 12:31 AM
McCarthy was at OSU's camp today, and will once again visit ND this Sunday & Monday for the next ND camp. Time to pull the trigger Danny before the bus leaves the station.

Svoboda
06-23-2007, 12:49 AM
I see this as the make or break weekend for McCarthy as far as Notre Dame is concerned -- piss or get off the pot.

McCarthy has held an almost exclusive offer at his position since Will Hill never was truly considering Notre Dame. If they want to bring in one player at that spot and he continues to balk, they need to extend another offer -- possibly Brandon Leslie?

iloveirish_12
06-23-2007, 02:01 AM
I first I thought he was a ND lock, but now I dont know if he is. I think he might be headed to OSU.

IrishKnight1023
06-23-2007, 02:09 AM
I see this as the make or break weekend for McCarthy as far as Notre Dame is concerned -- piss or get off the pot.

McCarthy has held an almost exclusive offer at his position since Will Hill never was truly considering Notre Dame. If they want to bring in one player at that spot and he continues to balk, they need to extend another offer -- possibly Brandon Leslie?

------I've read that Leslie said our staff is looking at him as a CB. I think with saftey it is a "McCarthy or Bust" deal due to the fact we have good depth and pretty decent talent there. We are leading for Slaughter who could play both, but most likely CB. I think the staff would wait to see how Leslie performs during his Sr. because of his injury.

Svoboda
06-23-2007, 02:13 AM
------I've read that Leslie said our staff is looking at him as a CB. I think with saftey it is a "McCarthy or Bust" deal due to the fact we have good depth and pretty decent talent there. We are leading for Slaughter who could play both, but most likely CB. I think the staff would wait to see how Leslie performs during his Sr. because of his injury.
Have you watched Leslie's film? He looks 100% safety to me.

I also know folks say we're loaded at safety, but I don't believe this to be the case. We've got depth there, but I'm not sure it's championship quality depth. Additionally, I look for one of those guys from the 2006 recruiting class to possibly transfer -- just call it a hunch.

IrishKnight1023
06-23-2007, 02:23 AM
----I've never watched his film, but I also think with an ND offer he'd definently accept...

"They said that I could maybe play corner for them and that an offer could be coming, which is huge because they donít need safeties, but they do need cornerbacks. Thatís why they havenít offered yet."

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/646332.html

NDgrandson
06-23-2007, 09:16 AM
This should be an interesting Sunday and Monday for McCarthy then. I would love to be a fly on the wall for that conversation. Last quote I read on the status of DM was that he is just as confused as ever. Will pressure from CW push him to commit or will it result in a new offer, immediate commit from someone else and DM going elsewhere? Last I checked you need 2 safeties on the field and we took 1 last year. To think that it is DM or bust would be 1 safety for 2 years. I don't like taking someone just because we need numbers. I would rather look for a stud the next year that could play early (Major Wright type).

DM, please commit.

Svoboda
06-23-2007, 02:04 PM
Yeah, I saw that quote but based on his film I saw, including some one-on-ones from a camp, he didn't look comfortable lining up as a corner. Additionally, he's got a safety build as he stands now, so after being in a college training program, he's going to put on 15-20 pounds like it's nothing.

As for McCarthy, I really hope he just ends the discussion and punches his ticket.

irishunclebill
06-23-2007, 02:36 PM
CB is obviously looking for physical guys to play cornerback. It's no coincidence that three guys who have been told they are being recruited as CB's (Blanton, Slaughter, & Leslie) are primarily High School Safety's. Any one of these 3 guys could play either position in College, although I see Blanton as a potential All-America CB, so I think it would be somewhat of a waste of his talent to play Safety in College. The point is CB is looking for physicality in the secondary, and most of these guys, if they all commit, will not really know what their secondary position is going to be until at the earliest their freshman year. McCarthy is the exception, I see him as a Zibby type safety, Slaughter, Leslie, and Blanton all have the versatility to play any DB spot. I say, get them all & worry about where the pieces fall later. What a great problem it will be to have a guy with Cornerback speed & coverage ability playing at either of the Safety positions. Also, remember that Harrison Smith was arguably the best athlete that ND recruited last year, and although he will not be a CB, he has the speed to also be a great cover guy, and the size to play either Safety position.

If McCarthy commits, Leslie will probably not get an offer unless Slaughter ends up at scUM or LSU, but even though schollies are limited, I still see them taking 3 guys for the DB. Blanton and any 2 of McCarthy, Slaughter, & Leslie. Leslie is now willing to wait until his season starts to see if he can still get an ND offer, so if either Slaughter or McCarthy fall through, I think ND is still in good shape with Leslie. As for Jeremy Brown, if he ends up being Irish, I just don't see him competing with any of these guys for playing time in the secondary.

All that being said, what could be better than a great Irish athlete like Danny McCarthy committing to the Irish on a great summer weekend. So come on already Danny Boy, make up your mind and choose ND.

IrishKnight1023
06-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Didn't Dan have a Grandfather that attended ND as well? Also an older brother AND recently Kyle? If thats true then I can't imagen breaking that streak of family members.

irishunclebill
06-23-2007, 10:19 PM
Video & other info on Dan from the Cardinal Mooney website.

Dam McCarthy/ Class of 2008 (http://www.scoutingohio.com/DanMcCarthy_Mooney.htm)

marv81s
06-23-2007, 10:20 PM
I tend to agree with some others on other boards that if he doesn't do the deed after camp, then its probably never going to happen, and I would love to see an offer sent to Leslie by the end of next week at the latest, if not as soon as Dan leaves campus.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to land this guy, but if isn't feeling it, then he isn't feeling it and Leslie is a great prospect and loves ND.

irishunclebill
06-23-2007, 10:27 PM
I tend to agree with some others on other boards that if he doesn't do the deed after camp, then its probably never going to happen, and I would love to see an offer sent to Leslie by the end of next week at the latest, if not as soon as Dan leaves campus.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to land this guy, but if isn't feeling it, then he isn't feeling it and Leslie is a great prospect and loves ND.

I also agree Marv, it's time for Danny to make up his mind or move on, but I have to tell you after looking at those Mooney highlights, if he moves on it would still be a loss. The kid is an impressive athlete.

marv81s
06-23-2007, 10:39 PM
I agree 1000%, just trying to lessen the pain in case it doesn't happen.

It not ND, then in the name of everything that is holy, please not osu.

irishunclebill
06-23-2007, 10:50 PM
You know we keep on hearing that Stanford is a big player here, but I just noticed that his Rivals profile does not list Stanford as having offered. Scout does show him as having a Stanford offer. Weird, probably just another Rivals database screw-up.

irishunclebill
06-23-2007, 11:02 PM
Profile Updated & Pictures added.

irishunclebill
06-23-2007, 11:09 PM
McCarthy's Top 3 coming into this week were ND, OSU, & Stanford. According to some of the gurus, after his visit to scUM on Monday, they joined the list. No word yet on his visit to pOSU, but he will be at ND starting tomorrow.

IrishKnight1023
06-24-2007, 01:32 AM
I doubt that UM has a prayer in this one. For him not to go here....after i hear that he's had like 3 family members go to ND which includes Kyle...just won't make sense IMO.

IrishCalves
06-25-2007, 01:29 PM
I wouldn't take the family angle to the bank. If that were the case, then Anthony McDonald would have followed his father's footsteps to the school closer to home.

I do agree that Michigan would need to pull a rabbit out of their hat - one I'm not sure they ever had to begin with.

My guess is, if it isn't ND, then it'll be Stanford. Academics are the thing that I see running through the family veins more than ND Blue and Gold. Stanford is probably one of the only D1 schools that can sport better academics on a regular basis than ND, and that might be enough (coupled with a much thinner depth chart to work through) to sway him. Thats just my take though - once his re-visits are over, we'll see what he has to say.

irishunclebill
06-25-2007, 01:35 PM
Yes, but does he really have an offer from Stanford? Not according to Rivals.

J/K- I'm sure it is just another one of their screw-ups.

BTW, and this is for you as well IK23, I have heard on numerous occassions that it is the ND grandfather who is pushing Danny to Stanford for some unexplained reason. I have no idea whether that is true or not, but it has been mentioned in a couple of different areas.

Svoboda
06-25-2007, 01:43 PM
I wouldn't take the family angle to the bank. If that were the case, then Anthony McDonald would have followed his father's footsteps to the school closer to home.

I do agree that Michigan would need to pull a rabbit out of their hat - one I'm not sure they ever had to begin with.

My guess is, if it isn't ND, then it'll be Stanford. Academics are the thing that I see running through the family veins more than ND Blue and Gold. Stanford is probably one of the only D1 schools that can sport better academics on a regular basis than ND, and that might be enough (coupled with a much thinner depth chart to work through) to sway him. Thats just my take though - once his re-visits are over, we'll see what he has to say.
Not every situation is the same and comparing McDonald's to McCarthy's is apples and oranges.

McDonald was not heavily pursued by Southern Cal, and according to SC fans, he wasn't even in their top 10 list of desired LB prospects. McCarthy, on the other hand, is wanted so much he has been the exclusive offer at safety unless you actually consider the Will Hill offer serious.

scooper
06-25-2007, 01:46 PM
I still can't see Catholic kids getting excited about going to the Peoples Republic of Stanford.

Svoboda
06-25-2007, 01:52 PM
I still can't see Catholic kids getting excited about going to the Peoples Republic of Stanford.
Yeah, no doubt. Reps.

If he wanted to be in the minority, why not just go to Ohio State and graduate?

IrishCalves
06-25-2007, 02:08 PM
Not every situation is the same and comparing McDonald's to McCarthy's is apples and oranges.

McDonald was not heavily pursued by Southern Cal, and according to SC fans, he wasn't even in their top 10 list of desired LB prospects. McCarthy, on the other hand, is wanted so much he has been the exclusive offer at safety unless you actually consider the Will Hill offer serious.

I do see what you're saying. But there are many instances where the family angle doesn't work out. Sometimes parents who were student athletes themselves stay completely out of the decision process. Sometimes the kid wants to blaze his own trail rather than follow in his family member's footsteps. Thats all I was getting at - probably picked the wrong comparison.

Pete
06-25-2007, 03:16 PM
Yeah, no doubt. Reps.

If he wanted to be in the minority, why not just go to Ohio State and graduate?

Now this is funny.:D

NDgrandson
06-25-2007, 07:11 PM
BTW, and this is for you as well IK23, I have heard on numerous occassions that it is the ND grandfather who is pushing Danny to Stanford for some unexplained reason. I have no idea whether that is true or not, but it has been mentioned in a couple of different areas.

Same here. My grandpa wanted me to go to Cal State Fullerton instead of his alma mater, ND. Or not! Right now my grandpa is LHAO. Maybe gramps McCarthy regrets not pulling more tail as a youngan and figures the California crowd will take care of DM. :confused:

I did go to CSUF though. Go Titans. Damn those Beavers and Anteaters.

irishunclebill
06-29-2007, 09:35 AM
McCarthy's post camp comments would seem to indicate that although he might be an ND lean, he also does not seem to be an imminent ND commit. Is it a smokescreen or is Danny willing to roll the dice. If nothing happens between now and Jeremy Brown's visit, you will know that the die has been cast.

ND Fanatic
06-29-2007, 10:18 AM
If Jeremy Borown commits, do we take McCarthy later if he still wants to come ? Or is this a two man race for one spot ?

IrishCalves
06-29-2007, 10:22 AM
If Jeremy Borown commits, do we take McCarthy later if he still wants to come ? Or is this a two man race for one spot ?

Thats the million dollar question.

If they're serious about taking in a RB, then McCarthy gets the squeeze. If not, then they could use what little wiggle room exists to take him in.

irishunclebill
06-29-2007, 10:35 AM

McCarthy could still get in after, and if, Brown commits, but he will have to do it quickly because if the count hits 20 before Danny decides then the staff may be forced to tell him that they have no slots left, DB or otherwise, because they are going to have to hold some schollies for the elite late decision makers like Baldwin, etc. McCarthy will not fit into that category and that is why if he does not commit in the next two weeks or so, there is a good chance that he is not only rolling the dice, but that he also threw snake eyes.

irishunclebill
06-29-2007, 10:42 AM
I also think McCarthy is betting that ND is looking at Brown as an all-purpose guy, not just a DB, and that they will not look upon his committment as the 3rd DB. However, 3rd DB or not, if ND gets Floyd & Brown, that is 19, and IMO that leaves only 1 seat for a guy in the position of McCarthy. To amend my post of above a little, after ND hits 20, then it's going to be for the very elite only, or for guys where they might still have a positional slot available, like an OL or possibly a RB.

goirish41
06-29-2007, 11:23 AM
I'm not sure I like the idea of moving Brown to WR. We got our guys at CB already. I'm not sure we shouldn't be telling Brown that we are filled up at his position. I think that there are better wide receivers available -- Floyd, Baldwin, Butler. I wouldn't want to miss out on any of those three because we have Brown taking up a WR position. Brown is a good player, but, IMO, he should have got on board before Slaughter or Blanton pulled the trigger.

irishunclebill
06-29-2007, 11:51 AM
I'm not sure I like the idea of moving Brown to WR. We got our guys at CB already. I'm not sure we shouldn't be telling Brown that we are filled up at his position. I think that there are better wide receivers available -- Floyd, Baldwin, Butler. I wouldn't want to miss out on any of those three because we have Brown taking up a WR position. Brown is a good player, but, IMO, he should have got on board before Slaughter or Blanton pulled the trigger.

I don't neccessarily disagree with your feelings but ND's position has always been that if you have an offer and there is still a slot left at you position, in the case of Brown either a DB or WR position, then if you want to commit, welcome aboard. A guy who is now SOL if he suddenly decided that he really wants to go to ND after all is Goebel, who as a pure DL has no slot left to fill. I hope ND never gets remotely like Urbie and tells kids that are in Brown's position to hold off committing until we see what happens.

There is an out for the staff if they wanted to take it with Brown by saying that we want you only as a CB, and those 2 spots are taken. Obviously, they have decided not to take that out, otherwise I guarantee you that Jeremy Brown would not be coming to South Bend next week on his own dime. The ND staff is certainly willing to accept Brown's committement and since thay seem to be doing a helluva good job this year, they must see something very special in Jeremy Brown, and although I agree that I have some misgivings (only because of the limited schollies still available) as well, I would always defer to the experts, and I will be very pleased should Jeremy decide to join the family next week.

IrishCalves
06-29-2007, 12:03 PM
Worst case scenario with Brown is we get a high character guy that stuffs the depth chart. Thats honestly how I view some of the kids we've brought in already, and I'm happy with everyone we've brought on board.

I'm one of the nutbags that wanted 3-4 DB's from the get-go, so I'm actually thrilled that we could get both kids... and if we don't get McCarthy... thems the breaks.

rontdtarchala
06-29-2007, 12:08 PM
all the so called experts say he will eventually be irish...the young man better decide pretty quick.

scooper
06-29-2007, 12:13 PM
I'm not sold on McCarthy coming to ND. So I'll be thrilled next weeks when Brown commits.

weis19
06-29-2007, 12:25 PM
my personal opinion is that you take the best avaible players,regardless if we already are full at a certain position.(example usc)lets say fortson wants to come aboard do you think charlie tells him no!!!NO WAY IN HE##!!!!!

ND Fanatic
06-29-2007, 01:00 PM
my personal opinion is that you take the best avaible players,regardless if we already are full at a certain position.(example usc)lets say fortson wants to come aboard do you think charlie tells him no!!!NO WAY IN HE##!!!!!

I think we would say no to Forston, sorry kid, you waited too long. Arthur Brown and most of the other elite guys would always have a spot.

scooper
06-29-2007, 01:12 PM
Not to mention, there are whispers that the staff preferred Hunter to Fortson all along. Remember, they don't go by the marketing based information we go by.

untitledproject
06-29-2007, 01:22 PM

I'd have to whole-heartedly disagree with that.

marv81s
06-29-2007, 01:53 PM
I think this discussion is all for not. You don't think all the kids with offers know where they stand with ND? I am sure the kids that are being recruiting for DL know already that ND is only taking "x" amount of linemen, so lets say that we are only taking 5, and EJ just committed, the kids that are being recruited for the D-line just found out and know that they are out. Weis and Brown told me that they are only taking this much and I just missed my slot.

Same with McCarthy, he knows already that ND is only taking 3 DBs, and he probably knows what position Brown is being recruited for, so when he comes for his visit and gives a verbal, McCarthy knows what that means. I am quite sure that this staff is being straight forward with all the kids that have offers out about how many spots are open, and I am also just as positive that the staff is telling certain kids, that there were be a spot for you even if we "fill" up there.

We can speculate all we want, but I think its a safe bet that the kids with offers know better than we do on where they stand with ND and if there is a spot for them. ND would never pull a kids offer, all they can do is say, we are only taking so many at such and such position, you want it, great, if we fill up before you give a verbal, sorry. Up to them to get up there and visit and check it out. There will always be a spot for those certain players that the staff really wants and what THEY consider elite talent

scooper
06-29-2007, 01:55 PM
I'm sure you're right. And I suspect McCarthy may really be torn and by waiting, he can have his mind made up for him.

HoffVir
06-29-2007, 02:25 PM
I'm sure you're right. And I suspect McCarthy may really be torn and by waiting, he can have his mind made up for him.

Sounds like he is done with the traveling and visits, ... it's decision time. Letting someone else make the decision for you is an "easy" way out. Be a man and make your own decision, whether it be ND or elsewhere. Dan may still need time to think it over, but the door to ND is closing.

goirish41
06-29-2007, 02:26 PM
scooper,
What the hell is that avitar? I've been looking at it for two days and can't figure out what it could be.

scooper
06-29-2007, 02:53 PM
It's a dead owl.

goirish41
06-29-2007, 04:04 PM
alrighty then

stonebreakerwasgod
06-29-2007, 04:11 PM
Oh, so it's dinner?

IrishKnight1023
06-29-2007, 06:12 PM
Newman said on the radio the other night that every ND recruit gets notified of every new ND commitment. Even if you're a DL and we get a DB commit, CB will let you know. He said CB and CW are very straight foward and let you know how many spots are left and who is close and everything. Not one prospect doesn't know what is going on. McCarthy and Forston both know the situation and I honestly think the Forston thing is over. Besides from what my friend was telling me the other night who works for the "U" staff he had Forstons # and everything....Forston is just holding out because he can and he's all but Miamis already. Just in case a monster meltdown happens again this year he still is in full contact with his other options<< mainly official visits that he doesn't want to miss during gamedays. I think for the most part everybody can put the Forston dream behind them. As for McCarthy I still think they'll be a spot after Jeremy decides to commit, but only for a little while just like IUB said.

Smithers
06-29-2007, 07:52 PM
I'm not sold on McCarthy coming to ND. So I'll be thrilled next weeks when Brown commits.

He'll commit within 2 weeks. Guaranteed.

HoffVir
06-29-2007, 09:14 PM
the sooner, the better

weis19
06-29-2007, 09:59 PM
any word on floyd?

irishunclebill
06-29-2007, 10:02 PM
any word on floyd?

See Floyd!!! Tessio.:D

scooper
06-29-2007, 10:10 PM
any word on floyd?

Final word? No. Reason to be optimistic? See IUB's avatar. We must simply be patient and let the young man enjoy his camps.

fighting doug
06-29-2007, 11:14 PM
Its looking real good, local media was doubtful he would stay home and he began and ended his trips at nd, It still scares me that large amounts of money could be hard to turn down from petey or urbie at such a young age

weis19
06-30-2007, 05:00 AM
what does tessio mean?

stonebreakerwasgod
06-30-2007, 07:28 AM
See Floyd!!! Tessio.:D

BaDA..Bing!

stonebreakerwasgod
06-30-2007, 07:32 AM
06-27-2007, 06:29 PM #6
weis19

iub they are looking for you over on irish envey

stonebreakerwasgod

Weis19 has become Tessio, the go between for the Sollozzo's.

rontdtarchala
06-30-2007, 11:44 AM
I'm so confused?

stonebreakerwasgod
06-30-2007, 03:36 PM
Weis19 posted a notice to IUB stating that he was wanted at IE. I responded (in my usual smartapple manner) that Weis19 has become Tessio (see Godfather movie) who was the 'peacemaker' between the Corleone's and the rival Sollozzo faction.
Thus...Weis19 is now dubbed Tessio.

rontdtarchala
06-30-2007, 06:33 PM
O.K. so the worst part is I'm half Italian...my favorite movie is the God fadda...and I am ashamed of myself for being so .........fa ged a bowd it!

scooper
06-30-2007, 10:00 PM
They can't have IUB.

:ihaveincriminatingphotos:

untitledproject
07-03-2007, 01:49 AM
Rumblings?

IrishCalves
07-03-2007, 01:52 AM
With McCarthy, one of the posters on DD says we should hear something by the 10th. Here's hoping he's right on the timeline, and that its good news.

untitledproject
07-03-2007, 02:10 AM
With McCarthy, one of the posters on DD says we should hear something by the 10th. Here's hoping he's right on the timeline, and that its good news.

Calves didn't you notice how I was attempting to not jinx us?

IrishCalves
07-03-2007, 03:05 AM
Calves didn't you notice how I was attempting to not jinx us?

Honestly, no. That said, do you REALLY think what we post on this website will change the course of Dan McCarthy's recruitment? Jinxes are one thing in baseball, when a guy has a no-no, but as for CFB recruiting? Nah.

Just look at my avatar if you want any more on my feelings of recruiting jinxes. :D

IrishKnight1023
07-03-2007, 03:14 AM
Calves you're on pretty late like me, you must be an unemployed college student like me.....you make me proud.

untitledproject
07-03-2007, 03:15 AM
Just look at my avatar if you want any more on my feelings of recruiting jinxes. :D

(Glances at his avatar)

We're cooked.

fighting doug
07-05-2007, 01:44 AM
The latest Scout article scared me, they made it sound like OSU is in the lead. What the hell?

stonebreakerwasgod
07-05-2007, 01:51 AM
I got the same impression. We'll see. About all you can say. One would think that his brother would be an aid, but it doesn't sound like it's a big factor.

fighting doug
07-05-2007, 02:14 AM
I looked up the author and it seems as though it was his first article, hopefully this was a rookie who doesn't know his head from his own ass.

IrishCalves
07-05-2007, 10:20 AM
I actually came away with a different feeling... he said Tressel was a good man, and he said he talks to the Brew Crew every now and then, but he said he was trying to make sure that his brother being at ND wouldn't sway him too much - almost implying that it may be doing that already.

I dunno, I think we're both reading into things too much, but it scare me that OSU lead either. I'm still pretty darn confident he'll end up Irish.

Svoboda
07-05-2007, 10:24 AM
The latest Scout article scared me, they made it sound like OSU is in the lead. What the hell?
Well every writer has his own agenda, so look at it that way.

Just FWIW, I share info regularly with some Buckeye folks. One of their sources have stated that his mind is indeed made up and he's going to Notre Dame. Seems to be the general thought process on Buckeye boards as well, so if he is announcing at the upcoming Cardinal Mooney coaching clinic, look for Danny to be Irish unless something drastic changes between now and then.

therizz
07-05-2007, 11:19 AM
Thanks Svo...

fighting doug
07-05-2007, 01:31 PM
good to hear, I was just freakin out

untitledproject
07-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Well every writer has his own agenda, so look at it that way.

I wish more writers were objective...like Lemming. :)

IrishCalves
07-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Say IUB, how confident are YOU in your avatar? :D

irishunclebill
07-08-2007, 03:46 PM
Say IUB, how confident are YOU in your avatar? :D

I'm never completely confident until the cow bell rings, however, based on everything that I have heard, I am extremely hopeful of a good outcome for the Irish here. Either way at least it looks like we will get an answer on Tuesday or Wednesday. This has been a tough decision for McCarthy for a lot of reasons, but it looks like he is now ready to put it to bed.

NDGirlzRock
07-10-2007, 08:52 AM
Any word yet on when the announcement will be?

Svoboda
07-10-2007, 09:06 AM
All I've heard is that it will happen today during the Cardinal Mooney football camp. Ohio State coach Jim Tressel will be in attendance.

scooper
07-10-2007, 09:10 AM
All I've heard is that it will happen today during the Cardinal Mooney football camp. Ohio State coach Jim Tressel will be in attendance.

Good.

We need an evil grin smiley.

iloveirish_12
07-10-2007, 09:15 AM
Man I hate Tressel. Do you guys think Tressel is a good recruiter, cause I don't.

scooper
07-10-2007, 09:20 AM
Man I hate Tressel. Do you guys think Tressel is a good recruiter, cause I don't.Yes, I think he's a damned good recruiter. And a good coach. And the results show it. But I don't buy his choir boy sweatervest image.

NDGirlzRock
07-10-2007, 09:27 AM
I think he's a putz! Let me say something negative!!! Tressel in attendance sounds alittle fishy to me.

paddyman
07-10-2007, 09:27 AM
Yes, I think he's a damned good recruiter. And a good coach. And the results show it. But I don't buy his choir boy sweatervest image.

Couldnt agree more. He is definitely a sheep in wolf's clothing. To me, he seems he would be absolutely brutal in person.

untitledproject
07-10-2007, 09:30 AM
Tressel will be there? What?

NDGirlzRock
07-10-2007, 09:32 AM
Tressel will be there? What?

My sentiments exactly Title!!! Our love aside!!! Something wrong is happening in mudville!

Svoboda
07-10-2007, 09:34 AM
Calm down folks... it's their annual "Camp of Champions" and Tressel will not be the only coach there. Others that will be there include: YSU coach Jon Heacock, Kansas coach Mark Mangino. Arizona defensive coordinator Mark Stoops and former NFL standout Mike Zordich.

Here are some pictures (http://ohiostate.scout.com/2/542726.html) from the event in 2006.

scooper
07-10-2007, 09:35 AM
Tressel was always scheduled to be at this event, long before McCarthy was set to announce. And he won't be the only coach there. Charlie appears and speaks at events at talent rich high schools, though he won't be at this one. This is nothing new. Mooney, though a small school, is loaded with talent. Of course the coach of Ohio St. will be there. That doesn't mean he's leaving with their best player.

scooper
07-10-2007, 09:36 AM
Calm down folks... it's their annual "Camp of Champions" and Tressel will not be the only coach there. Others that will be there include: YSU coach Jon Heacock, Kansas coach Mark Mangino and Cincinnati coach Mark Dantonio. Other guests include LSU defensive coordinator Mark "Bo" Belini, Arizona defensive coordinator Mark Stoops and former NFL standout Mike Zordich.

Dantonio's at Johnelle State these days. There's no confirmation of the rumor that he will slap himself if McCarthy spurns his buddy Tressy for the Irish.

NDGirlzRock
07-10-2007, 09:36 AM
Damn guys you got my panties in a bunch for a minute.

kentucky irish
07-10-2007, 09:38 AM
My sentiments exactly Title!!! Our love aside!!! Something wrong is happening in mudville!

Ouch! This does NOT sound good. Hopefully Danny Mac just wants to let him down in person. But seriously would the Vest be there to watch him commit to us? I don't beleive Charlie would do this.

scooper
07-10-2007, 09:38 AM
Damn guys you got my panties in a bunch for a minute.

...Nah. Too easy. :cool:

Unbunch them. If McCarthy happens to decide on the cooler poopers, it will have nothing to do with Tressel being there.

Svoboda
07-10-2007, 09:39 AM
Dantonio's at Johnelle State these days. There's no confirmation of the rumor that he will slap himself if McCarthy spurns his buddy Tressy for the Irish.
Actually he was scratched for Mangino after he went to MSU. I posted the old list.

scooper
Ouch! This does NOT sound good. Hopefully Danny Mac just wants to let him down in person. But seriously would the Vest be there to watch him commit to us? I don't beleive Charlie would do this.

Read the whole thread. The vest being there has nothing to do with it. Even Ohio St. fans seem to be conceding this.

scooper
Actually he was scratched for Mangino after he went to MSU. I posted the old list.

They should have invited Brian Kelly instead.

kentucky irish
07-10-2007, 09:41 AM
Read the whole thread. The vest being there has nothing to do with it. Even Ohio St. fans seem to be conceding this.

OK, I missed the update while I was typing my post. In that case the Vest watching him commit to us makes it a little sweeter doesn't it?

NDGirlzRock
07-10-2007, 09:50 AM
Hey Title....I figured that the panties comment would at least get a response out of you....So goes our relationship! Man I just gotta say it...the Bluckeyes suck big donkey d**ks!!!

untitledproject
07-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Sorry, Boda got me running double shifts to make this site purdy.

irishunclebill
07-10-2007, 10:23 AM
and the romance still blooms. Love is in the air!

NDGirlzRock
07-10-2007, 10:54 AM
and the romance still blooms. Love is in the air!

Like I said last nite...I'm taken, but one can dream!

scooper
07-10-2007, 11:39 AM
She hates on the bucknuggets, titled. You need to fight for this one.

NDGirlzRock
07-10-2007, 12:38 PM
And I used to usher at ND stadium. Still have my usher hat signed by, of all people, Eric Chappel & Ron Powlus.

NDGirlzRock
07-10-2007, 01:07 PM
Hey does anyone have chat on II. Something is happening in the the four horsemen lounge concerning McCarthy. Check it out! This could be it!

irishunclebill
07-10-2007, 01:20 PM
They just moved one of the mods earlier comments to the II front page. May be a sign of impending news, maybe not.

rontdtarchala
07-10-2007, 01:41 PM
I want some news! I have stayed off of the comp cause I knew I'd go nuts waiting...

NDGirlzRock
07-10-2007, 01:46 PM
I want some news! I have stayed off of the comp cause I knew I'd go nuts waiting...

Welcome to my world. My boss is going to have my hide if I don't quit checking for info.

rontdtarchala
07-10-2007, 01:48 PM
ahhhhh the beauty of owning your own business

NDGirlzRock
07-10-2007, 01:54 PM
Well if you know anyone that will hire me on contract I work for an architectural firm. Interiors department! Reasonable priced! lol:)

irishunclebill
07-10-2007, 01:55 PM
Well if you know anyone that will hire me on contract I work for an architectural firm. Interiors department! Reasonable priced! lol:)

Oh!! UP where are you?

rontdtarchala
07-10-2007, 02:00 PM
financial sevices here...but always looking for leaders....

NDGirlzRock
07-10-2007, 02:03 PM
Orlando, Florida

Irish Legend
07-10-2007, 02:27 PM
Any news?

rontdtarchala
07-10-2007, 02:30 PM
nothing yet, a-n-t-i-c-i-p-a-t-i-o-n

Svoboda
07-10-2007, 02:32 PM
Nope, no news but in checking out Bucknuts, came across a good story and updated photo:

http://bucknuts.com/media/images/article/1183377652.jpg

http://bucknuts.com/news/story.php?article=1220

NDGirlzRock
07-10-2007, 02:34 PM
Damn what a bod!!!!

rontdtarchala
07-10-2007, 02:37 PM
how much does he weigh? healthy specimen huh?

goirish41
07-10-2007, 03:10 PM
Damn what a bod!!!!

you don't hear a lot of that on these boards.:)

stonebreakerwasgod
07-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Talk like that is pretty uncommon, I will say that. :)

rontdtarchala
07-10-2007, 03:14 PM
I had too many options on that one and got confused so I will just listen too you folks hahahaha

NDGirlzRock
07-10-2007, 03:40 PM
Hey a girl can look.

paddyman
07-10-2007, 03:46 PM
you don't hear a lot of that on these boards.:)

yes, but you were all thinking the same thing though were'nt you!;)

Svoboda
07-10-2007, 03:51 PM
BTW, there are rumors swirling now that McCarthy may actually be leaning Buckeye. I'm trying to hunt down everything I can so be patient.

NDGirlzRock
07-10-2007, 04:03 PM
I figured that there would be a muddle!

rontdtarchala
07-10-2007, 04:07 PM
augh!!....smacks head on comp screen

notredomer23
07-10-2007, 04:20 PM
My friend(who is has been right but also said that Will Hill was an ND lean) says that mccarthy commited earlier today, but ill believe when i see it

ND Fanatic
07-10-2007, 04:21 PM
My friend(who is has been right but also said that Will Hill was an ND lean) says that mccarthy commited earlier today, but ill believe when i see it

Committed where ??:confused:

notredomer23
07-10-2007, 04:23 PM
to ND but my friend also said that will hill was a heavy ND lean so we will see.

HoffVir
07-10-2007, 04:34 PM
BTW, there are rumors swirling now that McCarthy may actually be leaning Buckeye. I'm trying to hunt down everything I can so be patient.

Which way is it Svo? ND or Bucknut? In the Oh Danny Boy thread, you posted 2 minutes before this post that you heard Dan was a OSU lean. :D

IrishCalves
07-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Give him his time, give him his time...

HoffVir
07-10-2007, 04:39 PM
Give him his time, give him his time...

... not to call out our fearless leader or anything :cool:

NDGirlzRock
07-10-2007, 04:42 PM
Hey Calves is that Mac on your Avatar? And was it taken today?

patrick316
07-10-2007, 04:44 PM
Hey Calves is that Mac on your Avatar? And was it taken today?

thats trevor robinson, if im not mistaken i remember seeing that pic earlier in the year

HoffVir
07-10-2007, 04:45 PM
thats trevor robinson, if im not mistaken i remember seeing that pic earlier in the year

yup it is

IrishCalves
07-10-2007, 04:47 PM
It was of McCarthy, but I'm mostly keeping my avatar as a "Current Events" avatar, so Robinson finds his face there today.

I'll admit that I'm a little unnerved by what I'm hearing from McCarthy's camp, but considering we built this day up as his day to commit based on a lot of rumors, it really shouldn't surprise us if it all went to naught and we didn't hear a peep out of him. We'll just have to wait it out.

rontdtarchala
07-10-2007, 06:53 PM
man just verb to us already some of us have weak hearts....geez

NDGirlzRock
07-10-2007, 07:18 PM
It's time for a commitment!!!!!

rontdtarchala
07-10-2007, 10:17 PM
yes it is GR and I am more than ready to get some new blood into the fold

marv81s
07-10-2007, 10:53 PM
i think we all should stand at ease tonight, not gonna happen since it is nighty night time in ohio, 11 PM right now, so tomorrow is another day

rontdtarchala
07-10-2007, 10:55 PM
roger that amigo

scooper
07-10-2007, 11:11 PM
i think we all should stand at ease tonight, not gonna happen since it is nighty night time in ohio, 11 PM right now, so tomorrow is another dayWhat the hell ever! This is Ohio! We're just getting going! :D

rontdtarchala
07-10-2007, 11:14 PM
you go scoop!!!!

fighting doug
07-10-2007, 11:20 PM
If he was going to pick O$U, he would have pulled the trigger due to vest boy being in attendance. I think he was uncomfortable with the situation and reflects great for ND. Who Knows? Anybody got any info?

scooper
07-10-2007, 11:21 PM
you go scoop!!!!I think I will

to bed. :D

stonebreakerwasgod
07-10-2007, 11:34 PM
Oh vey.

rontdtarchala
07-10-2007, 11:47 PM
I appreciate all my bros and I guess a new sister but whats up with you boys from bucknut land...kinda wimpy

irishunclebill
07-11-2007, 12:27 AM
Brandon Leslie has announced that he is down to two teams, Georgia Tech & Nebraska and may make his announcement shortly. This may be a good indicator that ND feels confident about McCarthy as Leslie has been hoping for an ND offer for quite awhile now. His indication of an imminent commit shows that he is either not willing to wait any longer for the Irish offer, or has been told there is not one forthcoming. As little as a month ago Leslie had stated that he was willing to wait until the Fall for an ND offer, and the sudden change might have to do with him being notified that there will be no offer. IMO, that is most likely the case, and may mean that the Irish staff feel that McCarthy will be on board, or it may also mean that they are confident that they will get either McCarthy or Brown for sure, and would settle for 3 DB's if they only get one of them.

I'm going to root for the Leslie is out because McCarthy is in scenario, & now it is time to say, Good Night Moon.

iloveirish_12
07-11-2007, 09:24 AM
I wish McCarthy would pick what he is going to do alreadly. And I hope it's ND, but I just wish he would pick so we can relax.

weis19
07-11-2007, 09:33 AM
I agree with your comments.

scooper
07-11-2007, 09:38 AM
He doesn't owe the fans anything and it's only July. If he's not ready...he's not ready. Do guys risk missing a spot by waiting? Sure. But he's not to that point yet.

weis19
07-11-2007, 09:49 AM
It's just that everybody is really pumped with the way recruiting is going! We want to keep the train rollin! Your right it is still very very early in the recruiting process.

NDGirlzRock
07-11-2007, 10:03 AM
I would rather have them wait and be sure, than commit early and then de-commit! I think that's even more heart breaking! Rock-on-Irish!

scooper
07-11-2007, 10:07 AM
I would rather have them wait and be sure, than commit early and then de-commit! I think that's even more heart breaking! Rock-on-Irish!
exactly

Svoboda
07-12-2007, 12:47 AM
Interesting thread found over at Bucknuts:

http://forums.bucknuts.com/showthread.php?t=7194

IrishKnight1023
07-12-2007, 12:58 AM
It's amazing how they make these things up about Weis. They got some mouths on them, don't they? Wanna bet they wouldn't say it to his face?

RichardRiot
07-12-2007, 01:32 AM
The whole thing seems plausible.......

at least as plausible as Onezuke18's 'join' date of Bucknuts. And, here I thought Al Gore invented the internet!!!!!!!!

IrishCalves
07-12-2007, 01:40 AM
I've been following the OSU perspective at BuckeyePlanet... their rumor mill has seen activity, but I'm skeptical of where some of these rumors are coming from, for various reasons (as if the "rumor mill" didn't already come with a pre-packaged grain of salt). Their regular thread hasn't had as many nibbles as I would have expected, and for the most part their board has some of the most level headed Buckeye fans I've seen to date. Something is in the water in OSU country, but I'm not sure if it relates to McCarthy.

RichardRiot
07-12-2007, 01:42 AM
Classic that this dude refers to OSU as a 'class' school, when they were one of the few who continued to recruit Pat Lazear until the very end for the class of 2007. And in the Lazear situation, this wasn't some guy relaying what 'Recruit A' had apparently said; this was Lazear himself saying that the Buck$ were still recruiting him.

Also funny that the big case of negative recruiting from a few years ago fell apart when the recruit himself took a mulligan on the statement, and said that Weis never negative-recruited - he just highlighted the benefits of Notre Dame. SHAME!!!

Somehow I doubt that 'Dan' is actually confiding in this guy!!!! ("From what I've gotten from Dan")

IrishKnight1023
07-12-2007, 01:49 AM
Classic that this dude refers to OSU as a 'class' school, when they were one of the few who continued to recruit Pat Lazear until the very end for the class of 2007. And in the Lazear situation, this wasn't some guy relaying what 'Recruit A' had apparently said; this was Lazear himself saying that the Buck$ were still recruiting him.

Also funny that the big case of negative recruiting from a few years ago fell apart when the recruit himself took a mulligan on the statement, and said that Weis never negative-recruited - he just highlighted the benefits of Notre Dame. SHAME!!!

Somehow I doubt that 'Dan' is actually confiding in this guy!!!! ("From what I've gotten from Dan")

-----It's just retarded to think that Weis would have to negatively recruit for Dan. Dans got his brother at the damn school, anything Weis tells him his brother has already told him. If McCarthy was turned off by Weis we wouldn't be in the final 2.

NDGirlzRock
07-12-2007, 08:42 AM
BINGO Knight! I can't believe that these guys believe this crap. Maybe we should send them everything written about Area 51 and Roswell, NM, insert that Mac is actually a super alien with special athletic ability and let them run from there. I've said it before and I'll say it again!

I HATE THE BLUCKEYES!!!

The Mr. Rodgers reject, the nutboys, and their nasty fans can all go suck big donkey d**ks!!!

marv81s
07-12-2007, 08:54 AM
that last story about the negative recruiting that Weis allegedly used on "recruit A" is such a crock of bullshit if I ever seen one. That story is about as believable as snow white.

notredomer23
07-12-2007, 09:10 AM
The Mr. Rodgers reject, the nutboys, and their nasty fans can all go suck big donkey d**ks!!!

dem fightin words! i like it!

notredomer23
07-12-2007, 09:11 AM
that last story about the negative recruiting that Weis allegedly used on "recruit A" is such a crock of bullshit if I ever seen one. That story is about as believable as snow white.

are you telling me snow white isnt real :confused: ;)

NDGirlzRock
07-12-2007, 09:51 AM
Neither is the toothfairy!

marv81s
07-12-2007, 10:04 AM
let's not throw too much at him at once ND, we don't want to totally traumatize him :D:p

NDGirlzRock
07-12-2007, 10:13 AM
Sure Sure! Love the Avatar Marv. Got a cousin still in!

marv81s
07-12-2007, 10:47 AM
That is cool, where is your cousin stationed?

NDGirlzRock
07-12-2007, 11:38 AM
San Diego, but he has done "3" tours in Iraq. "1" in Afganistan and "1" in the Phillipines. What a warrior! Semper Fi!

RichardRiot
07-12-2007, 12:12 PM

Sir, I respectfully disagree; Snow White is much more believable.

On the 'believability' scale, I would say that this one is closer to Clinton's claims about "not.....

screw it.....you know the rest

napoleonbuck
07-12-2007, 01:00 PM

Ohio State stopped recruiting Lazear after his arrest. The Athletic Department even made a statement about not recruiting athletes with pending criminal matters or some such thing.

RichardRiot
07-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Ohio State stopped recruiting Lazear after his arrest. The Athletic Department even made a statement about not recruiting athletes with pending criminal matters or some such thing.

Funny, 'that' statement does not seem to line up with this story from the Post; note how ND dropped him, but Ohio St was still texting him and he requested court approval for a visit (BURNED):

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/07/AR2006090701712_pf.html

"After his arrest, Lazear said he worried that colleges would rescind scholarship offers. North Carolina State stopped its recruitment, Lazear said, and a Notre Dame coach visited Whitman to tell him the school would no longer pursue him. But Lazear still receives frequent text messages from coaches at Alabama and Ohio State among others."

"The judge will allow Lazear to visit Ohio State in early October, so long as a parent stays with him at all times, because he is also attending a family function. Although Paul Kemp, Lazear's attorney, told Dugan in court that he doesn't anticipate requesting any other college trips, Lazear said otherwise. "I might take some of my official trips," Lazear said, "like just as vacations.""

tedwick
07-12-2007, 01:30 PM
haha. bucknuts. they crayzee.

(and with that, i'm pretty sure GH has its first random guy from another fan base! wheeeee! : D)

scooper
07-12-2007, 01:34 PM
anOSU eventually dropped him after quite a bit of pressure. But it didn't happen right away.

irishunclebill
07-12-2007, 01:34 PM
haha. bucknuts. they crayzee.

(and with that, i'm pretty sure GH has its first random guy from another fan base! wheeeee! : D)

Yep, welcome aboard NapoleonBuck. Just to be clear to anyone who is not familiar with him, the kid is an OSU fan, and will defend his favorite school, but he is also a CFB fan, and definitely not a flamer.

napoleonbuck
07-12-2007, 01:36 PM
Funny, 'that' statement does not seem to line up with this story from the Post; note how ND dropped him, but Ohio St was still texting him and he requested court approval for a visit (BURNED):

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/07/AR2006090701712_pf.html

"After his arrest, Lazear said he worried that colleges would rescind scholarship offers. North Carolina State stopped its recruitment, Lazear said, and a Notre Dame coach visited Whitman to tell him the school would no longer pursue him. But Lazear still receives frequent text messages from coaches at Alabama and Ohio State among others."

"The judge will allow Lazear to visit Ohio State in early October, so long as a parent stays with him at all times, because he is also attending a family function. Although Paul Kemp, Lazear's attorney, told Dugan in court that he doesn't anticipate requesting any other college trips, Lazear said otherwise. "I might take some of my official trips," Lazear said, "like just as vacations.""

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/bigten/2006-09-15-ohio-state-statement_x.htm

"The Ohio State athletic department issued a statement Thursday with regard to a controversial high school prospect at Wheaton (Md.). High School in the Washington, D.C., suburbs: "Ohio State University does not bring in for an official visit or sign any recruit who either has a pending felony charge or who has been convicted of a felony."

The school would not attach the names of either athletics director Gene Smith or coach Jim Tressel.

Pat Lazear, a highly touted running back/linebacker, faces a Nov. 29 trial on armed robbery charges.

He was quoted last week in The Washington Post as saying he is still receiving text messages from coaches at Ohio State and Alabama and that he plans a recruiting trip to Ohio State in October, though he needed special permission from a judge to travel.

He is wearing a monitoring device. The Post said he likely will choose between OSU and Alabama."

He was not being recruited by Ohio State after what happened. Ohio State insiders confirmed it. He kept talking about us because he can, and coaches can't refute it since they can't specifically talk about a player's recruitment.

Are you really going to trust the Post article when it says he'll choose between Alabama and Ohio State, and he ended up at WVA? Do you really think that's the most accurate source?

You can believe what you want(just like some Ohio state fans will believe Weis is a negative recruiter though I and others don't consider that to be the case), but that doesn't make it fact.

RichardRiot
07-12-2007, 01:38 PM
Ooops, and now, back to the Dan McCarthy thread.......

stonebreakerwasgod
07-12-2007, 01:38 PM
Yep, welcome aboard NapoleonBuck. Just to be clear to anyone who is not familiar with him, the kid is an OSU fan, and will defend his favorite school, but he is also a CFB fan, and definitely not a flamer.

Somebody has to root for OSU. Welcome aboard, Napoleon Dynamo. :)

napoleonbuck
07-12-2007, 01:46 PM
As for McCarthy, Cardinal Mooney people say he's undecided and he's always been that way. Take it FWIW...

RichardRiot
07-12-2007, 01:54 PM
He is wearing a monitoring device. The Post said he likely will choose between OSU and Alabama."

He was not being recruited by Ohio State after what happened. Ohio State insiders confirmed it. He kept talking about us because he can, and coaches can't refute it since they can't specifically talk about a player's recruitment.

Are you really going to trust the Post article when it says he'll choose between Alabama and Ohio State, and he ended up at WVA? Do you really think that's the most accurate source?

You can believe what you want(just like some Ohio state fans will believe Weis is a negative recruiter though I and others don't consider that to be the case), but that doesn't make it fact.

So he went to court to request approval to travel to Ohio St for a visit (he never said it was an 'official' - so the university statement about the visit isn't a lie), would have to wear a monitoring device, all because he wants to pump-up his offer list???? LMAO

This is just my speculation, but I imagine that the judge would have requested to see some form of communication from OSU to believe Lazear's story of why he was visiting OSU. I would expect that the texts are actually part of the documentation filed with Lazear's travel request.

Why would he admit that so many other schools stopped recruiting him? Why single out 'Bama and WVU???

Maybe he signed with WVU because they are are the only major school that [U]continued to hold a spot for him. OSU seemed to drop out in November when the political correctness got to them.

Difference between the Lazear situation and the Weis negative recruiting situation is that Lazear was on the record saying that OSU were recruiting him; the negative recruiting 'evidence' against Weis is all from undisclosed 'Recruit A'.

stonebreakerwasgod
07-12-2007, 02:00 PM
Gotta luv WVU. Those mountain people must really push education and character.

rontdtarchala
07-12-2007, 02:36 PM
really preffer to hear about mc if you don't mind.....lol

napoleonbuck
07-12-2007, 05:34 PM
So he went to court to request approval to travel to Ohio St for a visit (he never said it was an 'official' - so the university statement about the visit isn't a lie), would have to wear a monitoring device, all because he wants to pump-up his offer list???? LMAO

This is just my speculation, but I imagine that the judge would have requested to see some form of communication from OSU to believe Lazear's story of why he was visiting OSU. I would expect that the texts are actually part of the documentation filed with Lazear's travel request.

Why would he admit that so many other schools stopped recruiting him? Why single out 'Bama and WVU???

Maybe he signed with WVU because they are are the only major school that continued to hold a spot for him. OSU seemed to drop out in November when the political correctness got to them.

Difference between the Lazear situation and the Weis negative recruiting situation is that Lazear was on the record saying that OSU were recruiting him; the negative recruiting 'evidence' against Weis is all from undisclosed 'Recruit A'.

So you can't lie on the record? Lazear could say that Ohio state gave him lobster, or that the Ohio State coaches called him a thug, and there's nothing that Ohio state could say to refute that.

He never visited Ohio State after what happened. None of the Ohio State coaches visited him. He says we continued texting him. If you're going to take the word of a felon, that's your perogative.

Buckeye Insiders all said we stopped recruiting him after what happened.

McCarthy to decide on the 16th...

Svoboda
07-12-2007, 05:42 PM
Let's get passed this and just wish McCarthy the best on whatever school he chooses. He really can't go wrong at Notre Dame or Ohio State -- both schools offer top notch academics and football programs.

irishunclebill
07-12-2007, 05:45 PM
McCarthy has set an announcement date of Monday July 16. He will choose between Notre Dame & OSU.

IrishCalves
07-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Let's get passed this and just wish McCarthy the best on whatever school he chooses. He really can't go wrong at Notre Dame or Ohio State -- both schools offer top notch academics and football programs.

Agreed. Its the McCarthy thread, so lets try to keep it that way.

And a split hair too late on the announcement date. You beat me to it IUB... and Napoleon.

untitledproject
07-12-2007, 05:52 PM
Smart money would be with Michigan.

IrishCalves
07-12-2007, 05:54 PM

I'm telling ya... if USC offers this kid, its a done deal. ;)

irishunclebill
07-12-2007, 05:58 PM

LOL- I wonder if any of the scUM dumpsters are giving Beaver Cleaver or whatever his name is garbage because he started the rumor that it was between scUM and OSU.

untitledproject
07-12-2007, 06:03 PM
LOL- I wonder if any of the scUM dumpsters are giving Beaver Cleaver or whatever his name is garbage because he started the rumor that it was between scUM and OSU.

Recruits will start committing out of feeling sorry for them.

iloveirish_12
07-12-2007, 06:07 PM
I think he will pick OSU. I hate to say it, but I think he pick them.

irishunclebill
07-12-2007, 06:11 PM
I think he will pick OSU. I hate to say it, but I think he pick them.

Well just to balance you out, ili12. I think he will pick ND. I love to say it, and I think he will be Irish.

That is not a prediction, but rather an attempt to provide some cosmic balance to the universe.

rontdtarchala
07-12-2007, 06:40 PM
imo he is all irish if for no other reason so gr has some one to look at...lmao

untitledproject
07-12-2007, 07:06 PM
That is not a prediction, but rather an attempt to provide some cosmic balance to the universe.

Scout: ND - 1 anOSU - 9
Rivals: ND - 2 an OSU - 9

How's that for cosmic balance...

Ricochet
07-12-2007, 07:13 PM
either way we will know by Monday. I for the record think he's Irish.

irishunclebill
07-12-2007, 07:15 PM

That's the kind I like and hopefully McCarthy gets on board to stretch that out more. It's going to be a tough one if we lose, because McCarthy is a quality kid and a great athlete. I wouldn't bet money one way or the other at this point, but if someone had a gun to my head and said I had to bet on one school, I'd pick the Irish, and just hope the gun isn't loaded if I'm wrong.

The general consensus also seems to be that ND gets him, but in this case, Danny and his family are probably the only ones who know for sure, and Kyle is probably persona non grata until Monday so that he does not get pestered to death.

rontdtarchala
07-12-2007, 07:42 PM
I say capture kyle and torture him till he gives it up

napoleonbuck
07-12-2007, 08:01 PM

With only half the numbers I'll add, and a higher star average, and we lead in head to head battles. We still won't catch you guys though, not with the way your class looks to be closing out, but there still isn't a class I'd take over ours.

McCarthy has had one of the classiest recruitments I can remember. He's never said a bad word about anyone. He never lead any schools around, just trying to draw publicity. He's not going to be having a press conference or anything. He'll inform the coaches of his decision, and it will be over. He's been very thorough and thoughtful over this decision, and I know he's going to make the best decision for himself, no one else. His family is too classy to pressure him in any direction(either the legacy direction or towards their personal friend in Tressel).

Not only that, but if you haven't seen his video, you're doing yourself a disservice. He has some of the best video at option QB I've ever seen. He's just electric with the ball in his hands. I'm not sure about him returning punts(you don't really see him in the open field all that often, so it's hard to make an accurate judgement), but he'll definitely take a few interceptions to the house before he graduates. He's the type of player that's the foundation for successful programs. Four year player; four year contributor, whether it be scout team, special teams, or in real games.

With that said, I still can't stand Mooney since they always beat my team(another NE Ohio Catholic HS) in football. We always kill them in basketball though(which McCarthy also isn't half bad at. Started as a freshman IIRC.

Just thought I'd defend our recruiting class a little bit, and give my impressions on McCarthy considering I've seen him play in person, and I've seen how he can pretty much take over a game by himself.

Lynch
07-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Just thought I'd defend our recruiting class a little bit, and give my impressions on McCarthy considering I've seen him play in person, and I've seen how he can pretty much take over a game by himself.

9 overall is nothing to be dissapointed in anyway

notredomer23
07-12-2007, 09:01 PM
Head to head battles? give me a break we knew we lost sweat. thats the only 1

untitledproject
07-12-2007, 09:17 PM
Head to head battles? give me a break we knew we lost sweat. thats the only 1

They railed us on OL's. Adams, Shugarts, Brewster, and soon to be Jenkins :)

NDGirlzRock
07-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Come-on Napoleon! You are just as deluded as your namesake. Head-to-head battles my Irish A**. You may have won the battle, but believe me brother the Fightin' Irish will win this war. Even if Mac heads to the bluckeyes, I think our class will top theirs by leaps and bounds. (Did someone say Superman!):D

stonebreakerwasgod
07-12-2007, 09:21 PM
Too bad Ohio doesn't have more good teams, tired of hearing about OSU.
Perhaps Cincy will put up a recruiting fight down the road, or Ball State might eventually live up to its name.
(Yeah)

NDGirlzRock
07-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Hey Ball State is in Muncie, Indiana!

NDGirlzRock
07-12-2007, 09:24 PM
Hey Cowbell....I liked the SCuM sig better.

stonebreakerwasgod
07-12-2007, 09:24 PM
I understand that.

notredomer23
07-12-2007, 09:35 PM
Hey Cowbell....I liked the SCuM sig better.

stoney made me change it.... jk stoney. He was right it was getting a lil annoying see the circle of scum in 1 post

ND Fanatic
07-12-2007, 09:36 PM

Napoleon,
You don't need to defend your guys class at all. Everyone that understands recruiting knows you guys have a great class going. I don't think you'll end up ranked as high as ND this year, but if you fill all your needs, who cares.

As far as the McCarthy committment goes, its a tough one to call. Both teams are deep in the def backfield, so McCarthy is not a "need" for either team, but he's a kid that both teams want. He's not going to make or break either team, but he's going to be a great addition. Of couse I think he going to pick ND, but we'll all have to wait and see.

With that said.....I hate the buckeyes.

rontdtarchala
07-12-2007, 09:58 PM
oh so true and you know I never hated the bucknuts before we played them now they are a mid hate for me....

napoleonbuck
07-12-2007, 11:00 PM
I'm disappointed because I love you guys.

Just kidding. ;)

Cincy will be elite......Never. They've lost something like 4 recruiting battles with Miami already this year. If they can't beat MAC schools for instate talent, I don't think they'll be challenging tOSU anytime soon. Bearcats can dream though...

irishunclebill
07-12-2007, 11:22 PM
I'm disappointed because I love you guys.

Just kidding. ;)

Come on buck, you know you love the Irish, just go ahead and admit it.;)

Anyway, I hate to sound like a Michigan fan, because in real numbers OSU has picked up 5 recruits that were offered by ND, while ND has only one that was offered by OSU, but I do think you Buck fans are overstating it a bit by saying you are winning the recruiting battles with ND this year. In true head to head battles, not just who was offered, isn't it just 1-1. You beat us for Sweat, we beat you for Rudolph.

Head to head, I don't think you can count Brewster & especially Shugarts, who basically asked for an ND offer, because ND never really had a shot in either case there. I guess you could count Adams & Stoneburner, but was ND ever really a player there either. However, you guys could probably say the same thing about Rudolph, except for the fact that he is an Ohio kid. I wouldn't necessarily count Floyd or Filer, for the same reasons as Adams & Stoneburner, as head to head battles if ND ends up getting both of those guys, even if they both say that OSU was their second choice. The reason in these examples is that ND should beat OSU for Filer & Floyd, just as OSU should beat ND for Adams & Stoneburner.

Bottom line is McCarthy may actually be the real first head to head battle between ND & OSU. Sweat :eek: was never really interested in ND, he blatantly used the Irish for show, & Rudolph was probably never really interested in OSU. The real head to heads that Notre Dame has had have been with Michigan, and we have been smoking them, but I think you guys have been too. For the most part I think that will remain that way in the future, in that ND's direct competition is always going to be Michigan more than OSU. That is where some of the ND guys are losing sight of how valuable a strategic recruit McCarthy is for ND. If the Irish land Danny in addition to Rudolph, they will create some positive recruiting momentum with the Ohio Catholic HS kids that would create some more direct ND/OSU recruiting battles in the future. If ND loses an Irish Catholic kid, with extensive ties to Notre Dame, to OSU, the Rudolph recruitment would not have as much of a future impact. Realistically, with the exception of a few anomalies like Brady Quinn, the Ohio Catholic kids are the only elite Ohioans that ND has a shot at.

However in the interest of full disclosure, and not to sound like a scUM dumpster, the official count where both teams have offered is OSU 5, ND 1. Hopefully in the next three weeks, the Irish can make the official tally 5-4. Also regardless of whether ND really had a shot at Adams, Brewster, Stoneburner, Shugarts, and Sweat, I am sure that the coaching staff would have liked to have had all of them with the possible exception of Shugarts, and ND fans certainly would have been thrilled to get Adams, Brewster, and Stoneburner, if they had committed to ND as early as they did to OSU. I think most ND fans could care less about Shugarts one way or the other and most ND fans were hoping we would lose out on Sweat:eek:, who was never a very popular figure with the Irish faithful.

gallup21
07-12-2007, 11:25 PM
wow...all the threads about mccarthy are like a novel long...so ill just skip the reading and wonder if this hasnt been posted before...mccarthys announcing on monday

irishunclebill
07-12-2007, 11:28 PM
wow...all the threads about mccarthy are like a novel long...so ill just skip the reading and wonder if this hasnt been posted before...mccarthys announcing on monday

It has been, about six hours ago.

IrishCalves
07-13-2007, 01:07 AM
IUB, how you feelin' about your avatar about now?

Svoboda
07-13-2007, 01:16 AM
Not IUB, but I've felt more confident.

However, McCarthy is not a make or break player in this class and there are still several safety prospects out there that are top notch in my book and we've got arguable two of the Top 10 safeties already on board in Blanton and Slaughter, although they are being recruited to play cornerback.

Of those still out there, I like Brandon Leslie and Blanton's high school teammate Spencer Adams. Not sure if Adams has interest, but I'd definitely inquire about him if McCarthy heads to Columbus.

IrishKnight1023
07-13-2007, 01:17 AM
Not IUB, but I've felt more confident.

However, McCarthy is not a make or break player in this class and there are still several safety prospects out there that are top notch in my book and we've got arguable two of the Top 10 safeties already on board in Blanton and Slaughter, although they are being recruited to play cornerback.

Of those still out there, I like Brandon Leslie and Blanton's high school teammate Spencer Adams. Not sure if Adams has interest, but I'd definitely inquire about him if McCarthy heads to Columbus.

-----I wouldn't expect another saftey offer to go out, what do you think?

Svoboda
07-13-2007, 01:19 AM
What Corwin wants, I'd imagine Corwin gets at this point.

robdog_5
07-13-2007, 01:28 AM
no just take Brown at CB and move Slaughter to S, I like that idea

Svoboda
07-13-2007, 01:31 AM
So you're a fan of Brown? I'm just not sold on him.

IrishKnight1023
07-13-2007, 01:48 AM
I think Dan will buy into sweatervests BS and that his announcement will sounds similar to Sweats, that he woke up every morning to Brewster texting "Good morning" and went to sleep everynight with Brewster texting "I Love You."

IrishCalves
07-13-2007, 01:57 AM
Lets not throw this kid off the deep end yet guys. We're starting to sound bitter and cranky over something here that hasn't even happened. I've seen no reason why we should be throwing Dan under the bus. Keep it classy, 'cause McCarthy sure has throughout the whole process.

IrishKnight1023
07-13-2007, 01:59 AM
Classy? Where was the slam on Dan? I saw a slam on sweatervest and I was simply pocking fun at Brewsters dry humping of potential recruits for OSU. You are WAY to sensative.

napoleonbuck
07-13-2007, 08:13 AM
I think it's Brewster's mom that would text "I love you"(she gets in on the texting game as well).

From what I've read, Brewster doesn't at all pressure recruits into looking at Ohio State. When he came up for camp and was hanging out with Pryor, he said they never even discussed football or colleges.

Brewster is one of those recruits that you love when he's on your side, but is annoying if you're from another team, because players just seem drawn to him. He's a natural leader, though I think he gets a little too optimistic because he thinks we lead for everyone he talks to, so take that with a grain of salt.

IUB, I know the head to head battle is deceiving. I think Rudolph visited OSU once before deciding, and I think Sweat maybe went to ND a total of two times, one of them being of the one day variety. I think both knew where they were going from the beginning. Same thing for Adams and Stoneburner. Everyone knew where they were going. Same applies to Filer and Floyd. Everyone knew from the beginning they were going to ND. Same would apply if we get Hale and Pryor. I hate the head-to-head comparison just as much as you do, because it is really misleading, especially when it comes to the super elite prospects where coaches will throw out offers just to see if there's any interest at all. Ohio State offered Will Hill, but he hasn't mentioned us in ages, and when he chooses his school, I wouldn't count that a loss head-to-head to whatever college he ends up choosing.

Both classes should be at least top 5(I'm not sure if we'll have the numbers to improve upon that).

I'm not sure if landing Rudolph and McCarthy will mean anything with regards to Ohio Catholic schools and ND. Ohio State already has Posey from Lasalle(same high school as Ben Martin last year), and we're supposedly the leader for John Simon, a DT from Mooney that's actually the best prospect on that Mooney team. We've also done well with St. Eds out of Cleveland(though Cleveland has been huge OSU territory for a while, and I don't see that changing. Same applies to the rest of NE Ohio).

I think ND could rebuild some inroads with the Cincy Catholic schools, but that would take more than Rudolph IMO. Same goes from Mooney/Ursuline in Youngstown. Building up a mini pipeline there would take more than McCarthy IMO, especially considering Tressel's deep ties to the area.

I actually consider the fact that Tressel has made McCarthy's recruitment so close almost a victory in and of itself. When he was offered, everyone assumed it was just a courtesy offer and that Dan would choose Notre Dame quickly. The fact that he appears torn and might actually be considering Ohio State is really impressive considering how many ties he has to Notre Dame(in addition to Kyle, another brother went there I think, in addition to his grandfather and some uncles). This is probably Tressel's most impressive recruiting battle that I can recall.

He really wants McCarthy, and that should tell you something considering our recent success in our secondary.

NDGirlzRock
07-13-2007, 08:30 AM
Speaking that Brewster goes to school not 3 miles from my house, I think that I can safely say that this kid has unlimited TM on his cell and trust me brother he uses it to the full extent. He is a one man recruiting nightmare for whoever the Mr. Rodgers reject tells him to go after. And I firmly believe that the Sweater is telling him to keep in constant contact with Mac, as well as, the other recruits listed high on their boards. Sounds like a sneaker version of the Zoinkster from last year. Rock-on-Irish!!!

notredomer23
07-13-2007, 08:42 AM
wow if i was dmac id tell him to stop effin texting me, i only get 500 a month.(unlimited is 500)

scooper
07-13-2007, 09:14 AM
buck, nobody's ever going to outrecruit anOSU in Ohio. Ever. That doesn't mean they get everybody they want-they lose guys every year to teams like PSU, UM, ND, etc. But they will still get most.

However, don't think for a second that the Catholic schools can't be a pretty good thorn in the side for anOSU when ND is involved and not just in Cincinnati. Mooney is the perfect example. You yourself conceed that OSU's success with McCarthy is a moral victory and I'm sure his family ties to ND are the main reason. But those family ties to ND run rampant through Catholic schools throughout Ohio. Not just athletes. A lot of kids have brothers and sisters there who never touched a playing field. There are a lot of grandparents and parents who are either alumni or diehard subways. There are coaches and teachers across the state from ND as well. I had a couple at the large Catholic school I attended and that was nothing new.

Charlie's never going to walk into a Glenville, Massilon or Harding and hand pick kids like Tressel can pretty much do. Nor can he hand pick kids from the likes of Mooney, St. X or St. Eds. But when he wants one of them, there's a good chance Tressel has a fight on his hands.

As for your class-yes, you should be happy. It reminds me of our class of two years ago when we were in dire need of Olinemen, corners and QB talent and while the class only finished anywhere from 5-10 depending on the service, we loaded up on the line, got a couple touted CB's and nabbed a couple top QB's.

We're having the same success with our biggest needs this year-the front 7. The difference is there are some other stars in this class that should land us at least in the top 3 if all comes down as planned.

As much as I dislike anOSU, I'd be very pleased with their haul right now if I were a bucksomething.

napoleonbuck
07-13-2007, 10:22 AM
I guess I just don't see ND being much of a threat with Ohio Catholic schools aside from Cincy or unique situations like McCarthy. I really can't see ND competing much with Ohio state for NE Ohio Catholic school kids(from Eds, Mooney, the Akron Area Catholic schools, etc...). I could see them stepping it up with Ignatius, but they don't produce much elite division one talent anymore, as they're not even close to Eds when it comes to producing college recruits.

I think ND will probably hit up the big 4 in Cincy more, and there will be some battles down there. I don't doubt that at all. I do doubt Notre Dame's clout in other parts of Ohio though when it comes to Catholic school kids.

scooper
07-13-2007, 10:30 AM
I guess I just don't see ND being much of a threat with Ohio Catholic schools aside from Cincy or unique situations like McCarthy. I really can't see ND competing much with Ohio state for NE Ohio Catholic school kids(from Eds, Mooney, the Akron Area Catholic schools, etc...). I could see them stepping it up with Ignatius, but they don't produce much elite division one talent anymore, as they're not even close to Eds when it comes to producing college recruits.

I think ND will probably hit up the big 4 in Cincy more, and there will be some battles down there. I don't doubt that at all. I do doubt Notre Dame's clout in other parts of Ohio though when it comes to Catholic school kids.

Alex Boone has been the only product of the Cleveland schools that we've both gone after hard and that was the Ty era when ND wasn't recruiting well anyway, especially on the line. There hasn't really been anybody since, so it's hard to say. But keep in mind that St. Eds and ND are both run by the Holy Cross order. That may not sound important, but that means there are bound to be some strong ND loyalties in the building.

I'm not sure why Iggy isn't pumping out the major DI talent these days.

As for not competing for Mooney kids- so far there have been two that have been offered by both ND and OSU. ND has one and we'll see about his brother. There was word early on that Zordich was very interest in ND, but it was never reciprocated. Which I was sorry to see. I really like that kid.

napoleonbuck
07-13-2007, 10:56 AM
We'll have a chance to battle for another Mooney kid next year in Simon.

As for Eds, I'm sure there are some ND loyalties there, just like there are at any Catholic school(there were two ND grads that were teachers at my Catholic high school in Akron), but the Ohio ties are usually more prevalent and more numerous(aside from Cincy and maybe Toledo IMO). Ohio State has some pretty deep ties with St. Eds, and the Cleveland area in general.

Ignatius is supposed to have a stronger junior class this year, so we'll see if they return to their early 90's ways in the upcoming years.

irishunclebill
07-13-2007, 11:22 AM
IUB, how you feelin' about your avatar about now?

Let's put it this way, I'm not ready to change the avatar, but I would not be a bit surprised if McCarthy ends up at OSU. I have not checked this morning and I am probably not going to bother, but as of last night there were so many conflicting reports that I am convinced no one except the family knows the real answer to this one. About the only sure thing here is we should not be subject to another quasi-Hollywood Sweat type hat parade. McCarthy & his family have way too much class for that. The other sure thing is that OSU fans should be ashamed of the disgraceful post by the one Bucknut nutcase who is trying to claim negative recruiting on CW's part is the reason why McCarthy may end up at OSU. That whole thing was an absolute fabrication, and wherever McCarthy ends up, in this case it won't be because of negative recruiting on either side.

Make no mistake about it though, even though the Irish have other options and some existing depth in the DB, if they lose McCarthy to the Bucknuts, IMO it is a substantial loss from a talent, leadership, and strategic recruiting standpoint, so I am still very hopeful that it will not happen.

ND Fanatic
07-13-2007, 11:34 AM
The other sure thing is that OSU fans should be ashamed of the disgraceful post by the one Bucknut nutcase who is trying to claim negative recruiting on CW's part is the reason why McCarthy may end up at OSU. That whole thing was an absolute fabrication, and wherever McCarthy ends up, in this case it won't be because of negative recruiting on either side.

Yeah, I read that too and it is without a doubt the biggest pile of horses%*t I have read in a while. There is no reason in the world for CW to negatively recruit for kids, and I think his record in the recruiting world speaks for its self.
I guess if he wore a tie, no one would have anything bad to say about him, even if he did leave his last program on probation. :rolleyes:

NDGirlzRock
07-13-2007, 11:50 AM
Why would Charlie negative recruit Mac, with his brother already on the squad? That just doesn't add up! If anything I would think that Kyle is telling Mac how awesome it is to play for CW. Just say for instance CW did something negative, doesn't this bluckeye dumba** know that Kyle would tell his brother how it really is...furthermore, if someone was negative recruiting my own brother to my team I would transfer. Obviously, this isn't the case. All this amounts to is another bluckeye nut pulling one out of the ol' wazoo! Figures!!! Rock-on-Irish!!!

irishunclebill
07-13-2007, 11:56 AM
McCarthy has provided his Monday announcement time. 5 P.M. at Mooney.

ColinKSU
07-13-2007, 11:56 AM
For the record, though, I know for a fact that Charlie left some sour tastes in people's mouths when he was at Cardinal Mooney H.S. to visit the coaches and check in on Danny.

I graduated from Mooney and I know Kyle and Dan outside of the school or field. I know a bit about that whole situation.

irishunclebill
07-13-2007, 12:00 PM
For the record, though, I know for a fact that Charlie left some sour tastes in people's mouths when he was at Cardinal Mooney H.S. to visit the coaches and check in on Danny.

I graduated from Mooney and I know Kyle and Dan outside of the school or field. I know a bit about that whole situation.

How specifically? Are you implying that Dan & Kyle have told you that CW used negative recruiting tactics, if so, spell it out. If it's just a case of CW rubbing some people the wrong way because he is a confident, sometimes cocky, Jersey guy, that happens all the time. There are always going to be people who do not like that type personalilty.

So, which is it?

Irish Legend
07-13-2007, 12:02 PM

How?

IrishCalves
07-13-2007, 12:11 PM
Classy? Where was the slam on Dan? I saw a slam on sweatervest and I was simply pocking fun at Brewsters dry humping of potential recruits for OSU. You are WAY to sensative.

I read it as:

You said a kid would buy into bs - that doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement of a kid.

You said his announcement would be like Sweat's, which most everyone here has regarded as a circus (guy has a press conference, runs around shirtless doing drills for no good reason, has 10 hats lined up when we all knew which one it'd be).

I thought the lines between poking fun at OSU, and Dan weren't as distinct as you do. Oh well. No harm intended.

Svoboda
07-13-2007, 12:33 PM

C'mon -- You can't say that and not give specifics.

NDGirlzRock
07-13-2007, 01:03 PM
Right....that's like me saying "my best friend's, sister's boyfriend, knows this girl, who was with the guy, who say Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last nite. I guess it's kind of serious!" Hard evidence here please!!! Rock-on-Irish!!!

napoleonbuck
07-13-2007, 01:05 PM
From what I understand, the negative recruiting with regards to mcCarthy is just a misunderstanding. There have been rumors that a recruit that's about to decide may have been turned off by "negative recruiting"(whatever that entails I don't know) Some people took that to mean McCarthy, while most people think it has to do with Kevin Koger, a TE/DE out of Toledo deciding between Ohio State and Michigan this week. I really think some people took a rumor and just ran with it.

I too read that Charlie Weis left a sour taste in some people's mouths at Cardinal Mooney. I think he was in a hurry or something and was trying to get things moving quickly to accomodate him. I don't know if that's correct though. I don't think Charlie Weis would negative recruit with McCarthy. It would make zero sense, considering how much McCarthy would already know about Notre Dame. It just wouldn't make any sense. I don't think he would negative recruit anyone for that matter. It's not like you need to negative recruit when you're at Notre Dame.

As for Sweat's conference...Well, you only get one opportunity to do this. Just ask Jimmy Clausen...:D

scooper
07-13-2007, 01:05 PM
I have it on good authority that Charlie Weis bought an ice cream cone for McCarthy's little old grandmother. He then rescued the family cat from a tree. I was told this by somebody very close to the family. I'd tell you who, but I promised fluffy I wouldn't blow her cover.